Dinner and Dancing Double Date Night

by Courtney on October 7, 2012

Sunday already? Mannn, this weekend is flying by!

Last night, Jay and I enjoyed a fun and delicious evening out with good pals.

Our friends, Sarah and Jeff, asked us to be their guests at a special dinner that they were invited to. We’re always thrilled to hang out with these two. Winking smile

The dinner was actually back at the same location where Sarah and Jeff got married last year, so it was a bit nostalgic for all of us. And not only was there a delicious, four-course meal, but there was also an incredible band playing too. I’ll get to that in a second.

The evening started off with some appetizers, so the four us grabbed a table in the lounge area and enjoyed some snacks and beverages.

Cheers to good friends!

IMG_0165IMG_0166

Around 6:30, we were invited into the main ballroom area for dinner…you’ll have to excuse the blurry photos because I only had my iPhone with me and it was pretty dimly lit in there. I think you’ll still get the idea though.

Once we arrived at our table, we were presented with a harvest salad which I’m pretty sure was made up of apples, pears, candied nuts, and a brandy vinaigrette.

We also had some fresh rolls that felt like they were hot out of the oven…my favorite.

Our next course was, by far, one of the most delicious things I’ve ever eaten. Unfortunately, the picture doesn’t do it justice so you’ll just have to trust me on this one.

It was a pumpkin pasta of some sort, topped with sunflower seeds and fresh shaved parmesan cheese. Words just can’t describe…

Sarah and I are keeping our fingers crossed to be able to get our hands on the recipe.

For my dinner, I decided to order the herb-crusted baked cod, which came with a potato-gruyere gratin and green beans.

Again, another delicious dish. But really, I don’t think I’ve ever had food from The Old Daley Inn that wasn’t amazing.

Shortly after dinner, it was time for some entertainment, courtesy of The Joey Thomas Big Band.

The band was GREAT and played all sorts of songs, all the way from the 1930’s up to the 2000’s. They also had a vocalist who was absolutely phenomenal.

It was so fun to sit and watch last night…to give you a quick overview, the four of us were easily the youngest people in attendance. Besides our table, I’d say the rest of the attendees were probably between 40-80 years old, and they all came to get their dance on!

It took about half of a song for everyone to start hitting the dance floor, and these men and women were all so fun to watch. There were a few elderly couples who were out there dancing their little hears out and I just couldn’t help but smile.

The four of us all said that we want that to be us someday – out on the town, drinking bottle after bottle of wine, and dancing the night away. Sarah and I are also now trying to convince the boys to take dance lessons with us. I’m happy to report that the request was not turned down!

A little while later, as the band was still playing, dessert was served.

Jay got a bread pudding dish (which almost sort of reminded me of my overnight french toast casserole) and I got a slice of cheesecake.

I gave up on the blurry photos and had to whip out the flash.

Both desserts were great, but the cheesecake was definitely my favorite. Sooo good!

The four of us made it out onto the dance floor a couple of times during the night, but I think I had more fun watching everyone else. They were just so much fun. It was certainly a bit different of an evening out for us, but we all had a great time!

Now we’ve made it to Sunday and I am feeling incredibly lazy…not quite sure how productive I’m going to be today. Winking smile

1 Natalie @ Free Range Human October 7, 2012 at 11:42 am

I love big band music! My husband and I took swing dancing lessons once, and it was so much fun. I’d love to have the opportunity to do that kind of dancing again!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..I Am Beautiful

2 Amy October 7, 2012 at 12:03 pm

That sounds SO much fun!!!

3 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More October 7, 2012 at 12:04 pm

What a fun night!! And looks like some SUPER delicious food!!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Pumpkin Spice Maple Peanut Butter

4 Diane October 7, 2012 at 12:11 pm

That sounded like SO much fun!! And dang girl, your hair was looking fabulous! xx
Diane recently posted..Notd: Models Own Mushroom

5 Courtney October 8, 2012 at 8:23 am

Thanks, Diane! :)

6 Em @ Yep. I Ate That. October 7, 2012 at 12:26 pm

I love seeing older couples living it up together. The food, especially the pumpkin pasta, looks delicious.

7 michelle kim October 7, 2012 at 2:01 pm

Ooh all of it looks so yummy! Especially the dessert o__O
Glad you had a lovely evening!
michelle kim recently posted..Here I Go (San Jose Rock’n’Roll Edition)

8 Michelle@Peachy Palate October 7, 2012 at 2:45 pm

Hope your having a nice relaxing Sunday after your busy evening! Good food, great friends and people watching… gotta love it!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Shout Out & Time to Go to Hell and Back!

9 Lauren @ Fun, Fit and FAbulous October 7, 2012 at 2:47 pm

What a fun evening! The place was absolutely gorgeous and that pumpkin pasta made my mouth water! I’m gla dyou had fun!
Lauren @ Fun, Fit and FAbulous recently posted..It’s Friday! Be………

10 Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 7, 2012 at 3:31 pm

Sounds like it was a great night, and you looked absolutely gorgeous! Hope you’re enjoying a relaxing Sunday – they’re not meant to be productive ;)
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... chocolate fondue .

11 Melissa H October 7, 2012 at 3:36 pm

Courtney your hair looks absolutely beautiful in the pictures! Glad you had a fun time :)

12 Courtney October 8, 2012 at 8:23 am

Wow, thanks Melissa! :)

13 Kristen @ notsodomesticated October 7, 2012 at 4:59 pm

That looks like a fun night!! Y’all should have been out there, busting a move with the older folks!! ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..What I ate my first trimester …

14 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl October 7, 2012 at 5:41 pm

That cheesecake looks amazing!

Isn’t it funny how Sundays just seem to be made for lazy days?? This, however, sure makes crossing things off of my “to-do” list quite difficult!
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Single-Serve Veggie Pizza

15 Ellie@Fit for the Soul October 7, 2012 at 6:20 pm

what a great night, for reals! I love being around older crowds oftentimes. I feel more…comfortable??! haha. And it’s so fun watching older people dance!
Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..Rundown of Eats, Plus Run Your Heart Out

16 Michelle October 7, 2012 at 7:11 pm

While I’ve been a reader of your blog for quite some time now, I have yet to comment. I just wanted to let you know how much I adore your blog and how inspirational you have been, especially since opening up about your recent struggles with HA. I have been battling disordered eating and, at times, over-exercising for quite some time now. Your strength, honesty, and optimism is truly inspirational to me – so I just wanted to say “thank you.” And I wish you ALL the best in your journey; you deserve it!
PS – Gorgeous picture of you – love the hair. :-)

17 Courtney October 8, 2012 at 8:21 am

Hey Michelle! Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate you reading along and reaching out to say “thank you.” I’m so glad that you’ve been able to find something here to help you in some way. Wishing YOU all the best as well. :)

18 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake October 7, 2012 at 7:23 pm

This looks like such a fun night! And you look so pretty in the photos!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Weekend Recap – 10/7

19 Holly October 7, 2012 at 7:46 pm

LOVE that first picture of you, could you be anymore gorgeous?! :)
Holly recently posted..8.5 Months

20 Courtney October 7, 2012 at 8:00 pm

Awww, you are too sweet, SOON-TO-BE-MOMMY!!! :-D

21 Jessica Kempainen October 7, 2012 at 8:54 pm
22 Courtney October 8, 2012 at 8:20 am

Oooooooo, THANK YOU!!!!

23 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy October 8, 2012 at 7:48 am

I took dance lessons with my high school boyfriend. It was so much fun! Maybe I could convince my husband to take them with me now :).
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..Pumpkin Picking + Apple Fondue

24 Kelly October 8, 2012 at 7:55 am

The way the light hits your hair in the first picture,its looks like you have blond highlights while in the other picture it looks dark. Crazy!

25 Courtney October 8, 2012 at 8:20 am

Wow, you’re right! It kinda does :)

26 Bek @ Crave October 8, 2012 at 11:44 pm

What a swanky meal! Sounds like fun. Naw old people can be so adorable haha!
Ps. Is that little byline comment new?! I love the there’s always room for dessert thing! SO TRUE.
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Anyone can be strong

27 Courtney October 9, 2012 at 7:13 am

Haha nope! It’s always been there :-)

28 Julie October 11, 2012 at 11:10 am

I made a gluten free pumpkin pasta last year that also featured shaved parmaesan!
My husband and I were both skeptical, but it was shockingly good! If I can find the recipe later, I’ll send it to you!