I Did Manage To Do One Thing

by Courtney on October 7, 2012

Well guys, today has been exactly what I expected it would be…LAZY.

I’ve barely done a thing over here today and I’m totally okay with that. Today was just one of those days that needed to be low-key.

Although, I suppose it wasn’t ALL lazy. I did manage to do one thing today…I made a homemade pizza for dinner, complete with scratch dough. How ‘bout that?!

I used Jessica’s Garlic Bread Pizza Crust recipe, which has been pinned on my Pinterest board for months now, and let me tell ya…if all the recipes I have pinned come out tasting as good as this did, then I really need to get workin’ on that!

I followed her recipe almost exactly, except I substituted half whole wheat flour for regular and cut back a bit on the extra butter for the crust. Even with cutting that back, this thing was still incredible.

We topped the whole pizza with sautéed peppers and onions, and then I also added some sautéed spinach and broccoli to my half.

I also cooked our pizza on a hot stone, just to make sure that it got nice and crispy on the bottom.

Perfection.

I had two pieces from my half and I can easily tell you that my favorite part was, by far, the fluffy, chewy, garlicky, buttery, cheesy crust. Oh em gee.

Talk about adjective overload there…sorry about that one.

So was it the healthiest dinner choice? Mmmmm, probably not.  But do I care? Nope!

Besides, I did add lots of veggies so that’s gotta count for something, right? Winking smile

Hope everyone’s enjoying the rest of their Sunday!

1 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom October 7, 2012 at 8:10 pm

Not only has it been a lazy day for me as well but a lazy weekend and I have loved every minute of it!!! My life is usually pretty much on the go with two kids so sometimes it is nice to just sit back and do hardly anything at all.

Now I have to go check out that pizza crust recipe……..
Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..A Sweaty Mess

2 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More October 7, 2012 at 8:14 pm

I definitely love me some homemade pizza. That’s also what I had for dinner except my delicious crust came from a bag of dough from Trader Joes. Thank you TJs! I made my pizza a mexican inspired pizza with onion, black beans, olives and mixed cheese. DELICIOUS!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Pumpkin Spice Maple Peanut Butter

3 Kim@hungryhealthygirl October 7, 2012 at 8:19 pm

Yum….it looks amazing!! I’m trying one of those cauliflower crusts for dinner tomorrow night…we’ll see.
Kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..fun finds at Trader Joe’s

4 Sana October 7, 2012 at 8:22 pm

I love the taste of homemade pizza, you can’t buy that anywhere :)
Sana recently posted..SuperSana Runs Before 9am

5 Tara Deal October 7, 2012 at 8:36 pm

Yum!! I always love homemade pizza :) Such a cozy, comforting, and fun way to end the weekend! Hope you have a good start to the week!!

6 Jade October 7, 2012 at 8:45 pm

We had home made pizza at our house tonight too :) Yours looks great!

7 Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 7, 2012 at 9:17 pm

That pizza looks amazing! I have yet to make pizza dough completely from scratch, but I love that you used an actual bready dough as opposed to the cauliflower kind that’s been floating around lately. Hope you’re having a great Sunday evening!
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... smiling baby elephants .

8 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey October 7, 2012 at 9:24 pm

That pizza looks incredible! You definitely deserved a piece of pizza today!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..fun facts friday

9 Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter October 7, 2012 at 9:46 pm

Pizza looks amazing Courtney! When it comes to making pizza, there are endless ideas for toppings. :)
Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter recently posted..Week Two Training plan

10 Haley S October 7, 2012 at 9:53 pm

OHHH my word. That looks SO fabulous. MMmmmmmmmmmm(:

11 Alicia October 7, 2012 at 10:14 pm

That pizza looked delicious! I haven’t made my own pizza in a while but this really makes me want to warm up the stove ^_^
Alicia recently posted..Korean BBQ and Sunday Night Football!

12 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl October 7, 2012 at 11:08 pm

This post is making me hungry!! Thanks a lot! ;)
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Indian-Inspired Vegetable & Tofu (or Meat of Your Choice) Dish

13 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles October 7, 2012 at 11:21 pm

If you add veggies, it totally counts as healthy. I pretty much live by that rule. :-D
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Bacon Strips & Bacon Strips.

14 Khushboo Thadani October 8, 2012 at 12:42 am

YUM! I had pizza this weekend too….but mine was courtesy of Dominoes ;)!
Khushboo Thadani recently posted..Important Questions

15 Iris Lee October 8, 2012 at 1:12 am

That pizza dough sounds and looks divine!! I have a lot of trouble finding good (and uncomplicated) gluten-free pizza dough recipes, so I haven’t had pizza in a long time… This post is making me crave it!
Iris Lee recently posted..Recovering From Travel Blues and Eating Bitterness

16 Michelle@Peachy Palate October 8, 2012 at 6:58 am

Pizza looks fantastic!!! Deserves props! :) (And lots of adjectives!)
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Cracking out the jars

17 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake October 8, 2012 at 7:00 am

Yum! If there’s going to be one accomplishment made in a day, I think homemade pizza is a good one!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Weekend Recap – 10/7

18 Natalie @ Free Range Human October 8, 2012 at 7:21 am

Looks delicious! I really need to make homemade pizza more!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Yogi-in-Training

19 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope October 8, 2012 at 8:18 am

This pizza looks great! I’ve never made pizza dough from scratch before. Definitely want to try it though! :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Take Steps Walk & Roasted Maple & Mustard Chicken!…

20 Whitney October 8, 2012 at 8:47 am

You really shouldn’t have to justify everytime you eat something unhealthy! Who cares…it’s your body and plus you are trying to gain weight! If people judge you then that’s on them :)

21 Meghan @ After the Ivy League October 8, 2012 at 11:20 am

Looks like the perfect Sunday night dinner to me! Healthy for the soul :)
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..Birthday Reflections

22 Bek @ Crave October 8, 2012 at 11:45 pm

Aslong as you got your vegies in ;) That pizza looks so fluffy and delicious. I love a soft, doughy pizza base.
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Anyone can be strong