Things Making Me Smile This Week {10/8}

by Courtney on October 8, 2012

I never got a chance to do this post over the weekend, so I’m doing it today because it’s definitely one of those days where I could use an extra smile or two.

Of course, we have another good collection of someecards…

Source: troll.jit.su via Chelsea on Pinterest

Source: guyism.com via Courtney on Pinterest

Just because…how could it not make you smile?

Oh, and THIS. This is me, to a T.

Source: imgfave.com via Kim on Pinterest

This shipment of chocolate that arrived at my door early last week…INSANITY.

This little guy…because, of course, he will always be in these posts. Winking smile

The Pumpkin Spice Chai from TJ’s? Delicious!

And last, but not least, some favorite video finds from the week…

I saw these guys perform on “Katie” this past week and immediately had to check them out. They are so unconventional and I love it.

I found this “Scare Montage” from the Ellen show last week and it literally had me cracking up at my computer. Too freakin’ funny.

Source: youtube.com via Courtney on Pinterest

My girl Alyssa posted this one last week (I think?) and it’s definitely a good one. Especially if you’re a Friends fan.

Hope I got a smile or two out of ya this afternoon. Smile

1 Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life) October 8, 2012 at 2:08 pm

Know what the worst thing ever is? I’ve started using hashtags IN CONVERSATIONS. Yes, like out loud. It’s hashtag annoying. ;)

PS- love the FRIENDS bloopers!
Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life) recently posted..Exploring Washington

2 Beth October 8, 2012 at 2:13 pm

I love, love, love Friends! Thank you for the video – definitely brightened up my lunchtime Monday. I STILL wish that Friends was on the air – living in the past a bit :)

3 Megan October 8, 2012 at 2:15 pm

I needed a smile today too, so thanks for this post! It definitely worked :)
Megan recently posted..Früsh Yogurt & Fruit Shake

4 bethany October 8, 2012 at 2:33 pm

OMG I’m always wearing a hair tie – and never need it except for exercising, and then today when I really needed it, I’M NOT WEARING IT!

5 Tara October 8, 2012 at 2:42 pm

Loved the afternoon laugh!!! Thanks!! :) That group that played the one-direction song…was amazing!!!

6 michelle kim October 8, 2012 at 2:49 pm

Yay! So many of these made me smile :)
That “Twilight Delight” dark chocolate looks insanely delicious!
And I’m going to look for that chai tea latte when I go to TJ’s today.
michelle kim recently posted..San Jose Rock’n’Roll Half Marathon Recap

7 Lisa October 8, 2012 at 2:53 pm

I saw that scare montage that Ellen had too. I just adore that show, so freaking funny.
And the friends bloopers was awesome as well.
As is pumpkin chai tea! Amazing stuff!
Lisa recently posted..Extra Delicious and Plant Power

8 Rachel October 8, 2012 at 2:55 pm

My cousin does that with the hashtags LOL! I’m always like omg just stop! LOL! LOOOVE that Ellen video hahahaha! Def made my day being stuck at work ;)
Rachel recently posted..MIMM#10 Hello Fall Weather!

9 Julianna @ Julianna Bananna October 8, 2012 at 2:56 pm

that video is so incredible!!! makes me miss my piano at home so much- now i want to learn how to play that song! maybe i’ll check out a music room in my dorm later today and go for it :)

also can i just say how much i love every single one of your photos of cody? i am missing my kitties like crazy (i’m a freshman in college) and keep begging my parents to send me photos of them! i can’t wait to go home on thanksgiving and bury my faces in all of their fluffiness. haha only a cat person would understand that! ;)

10 Michelle@Peachy Palate October 8, 2012 at 2:56 pm

I so do that with the hair bobbin!!!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..When the clock strikes 12…

11 Michelle @ Eat Move Balance October 8, 2012 at 3:10 pm

Look at all that chocolate!!!! Holy cow–awesome!
Michelle @ Eat Move Balance recently posted..Calamari Stir-Fry

12 Kristen @ notsodomesticated October 8, 2012 at 3:20 pm

OK the Friends and Ellen clips made me laugh out loud! Thanks for putting a smile on my face! ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..14 weeks (AKA “Only 6 more weeks until we find out the sex!”)

13 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss October 8, 2012 at 3:22 pm

Yes, yes, and yes. ;) And the hair tie thing? TWINSIES.
Alyssa @ Life of bLyss recently posted..Words of FITspiration

14 Julie @ Sweetly Balanced October 8, 2012 at 3:25 pm

Hahahaha I love the Inner Monologue of a Pinner, so true and I definitely have to try that Trader Joe’s Chai Latte mix!!!!
Julie @ Sweetly Balanced recently posted..Up Early On My Day Off

15 Natalie @ Free Range Human October 8, 2012 at 3:25 pm

Oh my gosh! I’m so with you on the hair tie!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Yogi-in-Training

16 Divya @ Eat. Teach. Blog October 8, 2012 at 3:27 pm

Oh my godddddd, thank you for the reminder of how much I love Friends bloopers. That show is seriously the ONLY show that can get me gasping for breath because I’m laughing so hard.

Should be using my prep period to prep for tomorrow, but instead I’m watching bloopers. #worthit
Divya @ Eat. Teach. Blog recently posted..Alumni Event and Jason Mraz

17 heidi kokborg October 8, 2012 at 3:48 pm

Ha-ha :) You just made my evening! :)
heidi kokborg recently posted..Quotes

18 Annette@FitnessPerks October 8, 2012 at 4:13 pm

HAHA. Inner dialogue of a Pinner. Love it.
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Enjoyable Moments

19 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake October 8, 2012 at 4:21 pm

I died at the love ecard!!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Weekend Recap – 10/7

20 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey October 8, 2012 at 4:22 pm

Tina and I are commenting together today. We really liked the videos, especially the Ellen and Friends ones. We got some good laughs in since we are soon to be in mourning from leaving each other. We also would like for you to hand deliver some of that chocolate to us if you don’t mind. Thanks!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..fun facts friday

21 Katie @ running4cupcakes October 8, 2012 at 4:54 pm

Oh that ghiradelli chocolate looks ah-mazing… Especially the one with sea salt!!!!
Katie @ running4cupcakes recently posted..Quick Friday Hello

22 Alison October 8, 2012 at 4:55 pm

ThePianoGuys are seriously some of my favorite musicians EVER! Love all their covers.

23 Kate October 8, 2012 at 4:55 pm

haha i love these! also i sent the video of ellen’s montage to my mom and she thought it was so funny that she finally buckled down and learned how to add a board to her pinterest because she never knew how before! i hope all that chocolate gave you the extra smiles you needed :)

24 Claire October 8, 2012 at 5:02 pm

Cracked up at the love is like a fart ecard! Too funny!

25 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More October 8, 2012 at 5:47 pm

That Ellen scare montage is PRICELESS. Freakin’ amazing!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Jog.fm

26 Amanda October 8, 2012 at 6:24 pm

My fiance showed me the piano guys video last night and they are AWESOME! I’m the same way with the hair tie! Probably because I’m constantly wishing I had worn my hair up even though I know it looks better down! Thanks for sharing!

27 liv October 8, 2012 at 6:39 pm

How did you get all that chocolate???

28 Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 8, 2012 at 7:20 pm

Haha omigosh thank you for this. The love is like a fart one… I died :lol:
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... food with feeling .

29 Megan@funsizedfitness October 8, 2012 at 8:03 pm

Wow, you’re so lucky you got all of that chocolate! Too bad Ghiradelli doesn’t make a pumpkin flavored chocolate (or do they?!)
Megan@funsizedfitness recently posted..Fun at the Apple Farm!

30 Angela @ Health's Angel October 8, 2012 at 8:20 pm

Oh em gee. The hair tie one. Truer words were never spoken…
Angela @ Health’s Angel recently posted..Back on the Train

31 Beth M October 8, 2012 at 8:29 pm

I died laughing at the Ellen one. I totally needed that today!

32 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl October 8, 2012 at 9:02 pm

Chocolate definitely = happy and lots of smiles!
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Vegetarian “Meatloaf”…As Good (or Better?) Than the “Real” Thing?

33 Connie @ Livin' Lean October 8, 2012 at 9:23 pm

Ahhh I love the bloopers video!! Friends is my favorite show ever!!
Connie @ Livin’ Lean recently posted..October Unprocessed Challenge Update

34 Danica @ It's Progression October 8, 2012 at 9:54 pm

this is my favorite “things that make me smile” post yet! Love those videos, and I feel almost naked without my hairtie on my wrist. I honestly nearly wore one on my wedding day! haha
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..Yoga Challenge: Week 1

35 Lauren @The Homeostatic Mindset October 8, 2012 at 9:56 pm

Zac Efron- duh. And not having a hair elastic?? I feel so stressed like my hair could swallow me up at any moment. I wish I was joking.
Lauren @The Homeostatic Mindset recently posted..Life in the fast lane (*mind*)

36 Kelsey@ kelseyruns October 9, 2012 at 2:47 am

Couldn’t agree with you more on the hair tie thing!
Kelsey@ kelseyruns recently posted..In honor of it feeling like fall

37 Miz October 9, 2012 at 6:06 am

Im practically an ANTI PINNER and I laughed at the mason jar….
Miz recently posted..Im the SIXTEEN percent.

38 Brandy October 9, 2012 at 2:03 pm

I LOVE these posts … they always make me smile!
Brandy recently posted..Cartoon #2

39 Bek @ Crave October 9, 2012 at 11:25 pm

Haha that fart and shit joke is vulgar! Thanks for making me smile :)
Bek @ Crave recently posted..How to reach your goals & values