Should Have Known Better

I got so much great feedback on yesterday afternoon’s post…I’m so glad you guys liked it! I actually posted that shortly before heading out later in the afternoon to spend a few hours with some of the girls.

I’ll tell ya, there’s nothing like spending time with some of your closest girlfriends, chatting, and munching on warm breadsticks from Olive Garden. It was a much-needed evening out!

Shortly after I got back home, Jay and I settled in to watch our Monday night TV line up, including How I Met Your Mother, The Voice, plus last night’s addition of the Jets game (which I don’t really want to talk about). But The Voice?!? Please tell me that you guys watched the last performance of last night’s episode…talk about goosebumps! I then proceeded to make Jay watch all the videos I posted yesterday with me again and we both had a few really good laughs. Too funny.

This morning, I am extremely excited to have one of my favorites back into the routine…

Coach’s Oats!

Their oats seriously are my favorite, and they put my most recent canister of store brand oats to shame (I should have known better). They’re super thick and creamy like steel cut oats but cook up just like regular oats. They are, by far, THE best.

So this morning I whipped up a batch of Pumpkin Custard Oats…minus the custard part.

Because I forgot the egg whites. Crap.

Things were still tasty though, plus they were topped with a little Cranberry Pecan Love Grown Foods granola, so of course they were awesome.

I’ve got a few different things on the agenda today, so time to get crackin’!

Question for the Morning:

Do you tend to brand-shop when grocery shopping, or do you go with whatever is cheapest (i.e., the store brand, etc.)?

I’m actually semi-picky with this one and am definitely a brand snob with certain food items. My oats are one of them, but I’m also picky about other things like ketchup (Heinz), and waffles (recently found out the store brand is naaaasty).

I change it up. I don’t feel like I always have to go name brand because there are some store brand products that are just as good, if not better, then some store brands. Obviously that depends on the product but because of that, I’m willing to change it up and try new things in terms of store brand products.
    Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Things I’ve Learned This Week

I pick and choose the products that I buy name brands versus the cheapest. I definitely have my favorite hummus, almond milk, cereals, and what not. But for items that don’t really seem to make a difference, I always try to get the cheapest to save a little money. I’ll need to try those oats! I’ve never seen/heard of it before, but I sure do love my oatmeal so I’m always looking for new brands and recipes to try :)
    Elaine recently posted..Pumpkin Truffles

3. Donna says

I am definitely a brand snob and I’m not afraid to admit it. I am loyal to my brands for everything! I have, on occasion, bought store brand napkins or paper plates though, and they are ok. If I send my husband grocery shopping he will buy store brands of EVERYTHING and it drives me crazy! I hardly ever send him and if I do I specify what brand I want, not that it always works. My kids hate it too because they have become accustomed to the brands that I buy.

• Courtney says

We were sort of disappointed in it too…not much going on! Although we did say that they’re definitely making it seem like it’s going to be the last season with the way they jump to the future with Lilly and Marshal’s son, etc…booooo.

It totally depends on the food – Some things I’m ok with store brand and others I’m name brand all the way!! Greek yogurt is one – I LOVE Chobani and have tried many others that are cheaper but I keep coming back to Chobani….Ketchup and mustard I’m also brand loyal! Heinz and French’s all the way :)

5. Erin says

I am picky about foods so there are some things I just can’t go generic on–but condiments, usually always generic.

As a Houstonian, I must say….GOOOOOOOO TEXANS :)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I grocery shop mainly at Trader Joe’s so I buy all of there stuff. But when I shop say Target or my local grocery store, I compare the ingredient labels to store brand to name brand items. If the nutritional value and ingredients are the same, I buy the lesser price one, and sometimes thats the name brand!

Oh my The Voice last night was amazing, I’m slightly addicted to that show! ha But that last performance was breathtaking! SO GOOD!

Some items I brand shop no matter what, yet with some items if one brand is on sale I can go with that! But things like my peanut butter, I don’t usually ever stray from my Skippy! ha
    Jentry Nielsen recently posted..Over-Pronation: What You Need To Know

You made me so hungry for Olive Garden breadsticks!!! Sadly, Olive Garden closed its doors here and we have to cross the border into Michigan if we want to indulge!!!

I’m not picky on some items at the grocery store, but then there are some things that just can’t be replaced with a cheaper brand – Heinz ketchup was the first thing that came to mind!!
    Andrea @ Vegvacious recently posted..Healthy Autumn Salad

OH my gosh that voice was amaaaaaaaazing! That last performance..wowza!!! unbelievable. And, I love me some Adam poor boyfriend haha.

I hear you on being a brand snob with some foods.. I am that way with oat bran. I really only like trader joe’s or bob’s mill inn. Otherwise I guess I am not that picky. I can buy the store brand or whatever’s cheapest on almost anything else!
    Eva @ Committed2Nutrition recently posted..A Week in Pictures

Coach’s oats are my favorite! There is nothing like them. I brand shop for certain things – mostly cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, and almond milk. For other stuff, I usually just buy the cheaper type unless it’s something I really want!
    Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile recently posted..Marvelous Monday

11. Shannon says

I’m semi-picky on this one too. I prefer getting things at sale prices, but if it’s peanut butter, it most certainly HAS to be Jif! I do like my Eggo waffles and my family always buys Heinz for ketchup and French’s for mustard.

I am a brand loyal person all the way. There are some things that certain brands make that are just amazing. I am loving anything by “Food Should Taste This Good” right now. Their sweet potato chips are so yummy. I am glad I decided to try them one day at the store. I love when I find a new brand that is fabo. Have a great day. ^_^
    Becka @ simplybecka recently posted..anxious feelings…