Something I Haven’t Done In Months

Guess what? This morning I did something I haven’t done in months…I ran.

Alright, maybe calling it a run is a bit of a stretch…let’s call it a light jog. Hey, whatever the heck it was, it felt GREAT. Ever since my decision to cut back on exercise, most of my cardio has come in the form of some sort of interval walking. It’s been great, and I really do enjoy the walking.

But today was just one of those days where I really needed to run…so I did.

I went easy, and wound up doing 5 minute interval jogs at an easy 6.0mph pace, combined with 2 minute interval walks at 4.5mph. I don’t really intend to fully incorporate running back into my exercise routine just yet, but for today, it felt absolutely amazing. Isn’t it crazy just how good a simple workout can make us feel?

*****

Shortly before my workout, I had a quick SOYJOY bar for a snack.

This new Dark Chocolate Cherry flavor is really, really good. The flavor of it almost reminds me of Christmas, if that even makes sense?

I don’t know…something about the dark cocoa flavor combined with dried cherries definitely screams Christmas to me.

A little while later, I put together another old favorite of mine: 2% cottage cheese + pumpkin + unsweetened applesauce + pumpkin butter.

If you’ve never had it, I totally get if the combo sounds weird to you, but I swear it really is good. Subtly sweet from the pumpkin butter and applesauce; creamy and filling at the same time. I topped this bowl with some banana slices and granola.

You know, it’s very similar to a pumpkin yogurt bowl, just with cottage cheese instead. Go ahead and give it a shot. Winking smile

Right now, I’ve got dinner cooking in the crockpot,

am sipping on another mug of Pumpkin Spice Chai Latte while doing some work,

and Cody is just straight chillin’.

We’ve recently started allowing him in the bedroom more often (and even letting him sleep with us) and, well, let’s just say he has a new favorite spot. Smile

Comments

Yes…I just ran 6.33 miles…in an hour…slower than most but faster than the couch potatoes. 😉 (yea, I just made that up…ha!)

But I felt great…like I could conquer the wash at least.

Your foods look very comforting. 😉

Once those pets get into your bed, you’ll never get them out!!! We have one rottweiler that sleeps with us every night and another one that sneaks up from time to time. I love the fact that they snuggle with us, but it doesn’t make for the soundest of sleeps LOL!
    Andrea @ Vegvacious recently posted..Healthy Autumn Salad

I LOVE your treadmill screen…I so want a Nordic Track. Nice going with incorporating some running again. It’s always nice to bring something back for FUN – such a better feeling than it being forced :)
    char eats greens recently posted..we baked a pie!

Happy about your run! I know a little more intense exercise here and there really boosts my mood. Glad you got to speed it up while still taking it easy :)
    And thanks for your recommendation on the Pumpkin Chai latte from TJ’s. I picked it up yesterday and have been putting a bit in my coffee for that lovely flavor of spices!
    michelle kim recently posted..EGGScellent.

5. Laura says

I would love for you to do a follow up on how everything’s going with your HA issues…have things, um, you know…returned? Is that why you feel comfortable running again? I’d love for you to continue the open discussion, as I found it all very helpful as I struggle through my own issues as well… Thanks, Courtney, for your openness!

6. Erin says

I totally know what you mean! Anything with almond extract reminds me of Christmas! I think it’s the almond poppy seed bread my mom always makes…

7. Alexandrina says

Your cat is adorable! I don’t/can’t let our kitties in my room; bad allergies. But I love when I get to have them around when the allergies aren’t too bad.