What A Crazy Concept

I’m pretty sure that last night was the first night in at least a month where we actually ate dinner at our dinner table and not on the couch. What a crazy concept?!

As you can probably see, we were actually having company over for dinner so I figured we’d give the usual TV trays a break for once. My in-laws came over for the evening for dinner, dessert, and a viewing of The Voice. Winking smile

You guys already saw that I was making Mal’s Easy Chili for dinner, so to go along with that, I baked one of my favorite homemade breads: French baguettes.

I couldn’t remember which size loaves I usually make, but I realized that these definitely turned out smaller than the last time I made them. Luckily, there was still enough for everyone so I didn’t have to worry…but now I don’t have many leftovers either. Booo.

Along with my homemade bread, I enjoyed a big ‘ol bowl of chili for dinner, topped with a generous helping of shredded cheddar.

And then…we had dessert.

I made a batch of Lightened Up Fudgy Oreo Brownies, but substituted toffee bits for the Oreos. They turned out SO. GOOD. and paired perfectly with a couple small scoops of light cookies and cream ice cream. Heaven.

*****

Despite everything we ate last night, I actually woke up starving this morning, so I wasted no time in making breakfast.

Today’s breakfast du jour was two whole grain waffles (not pumpkin spice, sadly) topped with peanut butter, pumpkin butter, banana slices, chia seeds, and a drizzle of syrup.

I ran out of regular PB so I had to substitute in my Planters Nut-rition PB which, surprisingly enough, I actually ended up enjoying more than the other one.

Not only was breakfast great, but my coffee was fantastic…yesterday, Michelle left a comment saying how she’s been putting some of the TJ’s Pumpkin Spice Chai Latte mix into her coffee. Genius, right?! I added about half a scoop into mine this morning and it was deeeeeelicious.

Thanks for the idea, Michelle!

I’m off to a doctor’s appointment this morning, running a few errands, then hopefully getting in some yoga since I have yet to do any sessions so far this week. Yikes!

I’ve got no good questions to ask this morning…so Happy Wednesday to you!

Comments

Yesterday I made my own Pumpkin Spice Latte, It tasted EXACTLY like starbucks; heres the recipe:
    Ingredients:
    1/2 cup milk
    1 tablespoon unsweetened canned pumpkin puree
    1 teaspoon packed light brown sugar
    1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 cup hot brewed coffee

In a glass measuring cup or microwave-safe bowl, whisk together milk, pumpkin, brown sugar, spice and vanilla. Microwave for 1 to 2 minutes- watch closely and remove it from the microwave when the milk is hot then pour the pumpkin milk into a cup and add the coffee!
    Lyric recently posted..Sale!

2. Sue says

Good luck at the doctors!!! I love your placements. Where did you buy them? Oh, I have one other question. I really want to try the chili recipe. Where in the grocery store is the Bush’s chili starter located? Is it with the rest of the canned chili or is it with the canned beans, etc.? I know I would end up just wandering aimlessly around the store if I just went in trying to find it. LOL.

Sue

• Courtney says

The placemats were actually leftover from my bridal shower a few years ago so I’m not sure on those! And the chili starter was with the canned beans on my price chopper. That’s funny you ask that because I had to ask my friend Mal the same question :)

• Courtney says

You betcha! Gosh, I just love their ice cream…next up I’m totally getting some of the new Pumpkin Pie flavor that’s back out! 😉

It’s funny how this post is about not using your kitchen table to eat, because I was JUST looking at mine last night and thinking, “we probably never even needed to buy this” haha. Although, I must admit that we do have an island with stools on the one side of it, and we eat there…so it’s like a kitchen table!

I would totally love a piece of that brownie…even if it is only 11am where I am!
    char eats greens recently posted..fun fall things for free

Aside from holidays and bigger family get togethers, I don’t think I ever really spend any time eating at the table… unless it’s alone and with a laptop in front of me 😆 Still, I definitely appreciate sitting down with everyone once in a while and enjoying a good meal.

Oh, and I’d like a piece (or two) of brownie please 😀
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... my food rules .

We hardly ever eat dinner at our table either, there’s just two of us and most the time we don’t want to go through the trouble, or there is a show/game on one of us wants to watch so we park ourselves in front of the tv haha
    I’ve always wanted to try that Nut-trition PB before, they all sound so good but I’m so picky with my PB haha I may have to give it a try though!
    Jentry Nielsen recently posted..NordicTrack Blog Introduces Fit Mama Friday

6. Katie says

I have dishes very similar to yours! Noritake, right? (I can’t recall the name off the top of my head). Mine are the black/dark brown on the bottom like yours but with a subtle design on the top part. :)

7. Smile says

Hey Courtney
    I know you have said you are trying to have a baby, so what happens if you are pregnant come winter? How will you go ion the all inclusive?