All I Really Wanted

Hey guys. Sorry to leave ya all hangin’ yesterday.

It basically ended up being the culmination of a few really – to be blunt – shitty days, and I just didn’t have it in me to write and be cheery. Truth is, I’m still sort of miserable but I’m working through it. Just another bump in the road that we call life I suppose?

I told Jay yesterday afternoon that all I really wanted to do last night was get out of the house and go grab a beer. So, being the incredible guy that he is, he did just that for me.

We headed in to downtown Troy for a couple beers and some wood fired pizza at Bacchus. Bacchus is really such a cool place and I’m shocked that the last time I was here was well before I ever even started the blog. Now that we’ve been back, I’m pretty sure we’ll be back again much sooner.

It’s actually located underneath (basically underground) another restaurant (Daisy Baker’s) and it has such a cool atmosphere. There was barely anyone there when we arrived and we decided to skip the main dining area and just grab a couple of seats at the bar.

Funny enough, Jay and I have some of our best conversations while sitting at bars. I have no idea why, but we just love it.

Shortly after sitting down we ordered a couple of beers – an IPA for him and a Blue Point Octoberfest for me. I already love the Blue Point Blueberry beer, so I figured it had to be good.

It was. Jay and I also decided that we want to make a trip down to Long Island to visit their brewery. Has anyone ever been? Is it worth a trip?

After spending a bit of time chatting and enjoying our beer, we decided to order a couple of their wood fired pizzas. We went with two small ones because we’re all about the variety (aka, we’re both indecisive).

We did a “Make Your Own” with red sauce, fresh mozz, sundried tomatoes, feta cheese, and blackened chicken.

And then we also did their “Mozzabella” pizza, made with red sauce, fresh mozz, spinach, homemade meatballs, and fresh garlic.

The pizzas were INCREDIBLE. Seriously, if you love wood fired pizza and live anywhere near downtown Troy, you haaaaave to go. It’s delicious.

Both of us actually filled up sort of quick (we blame it on the beer) so we each had two pieces (and now both have leftovers for today), came home, and spent the evening laughing at The Middle and Modern Family. Can’t beat that.

*****

Breakfast

I had lots of variety happenin’ this morning.

A scrambled egg with green peppers, red onions, tomatoes, and feta cheese.

And half of a pumpkin spice bagel topped with peanut butter and pumpkin butter.

Once this settles, I’m really hoping to finally do some yoga. It never happened yesterday, so hopefully I can at least get one or two sessions in this week.

Happy 10/11/12, friends!

Comments

I’m sorry you have been having some bad days lately. I hate being in those ruts. Keep your head up!! Things will get better. :)

And that place looks really cool. There is an underground bar in my hometown that looks a lot like that. It’s definitely one of my favorite spots to go.
    Elaine recently posted..Peaches ‘n’ Cream Smoothie

I hope today is much better for you Courtney! It is hard when we have those days, yesterday was a struggle for me too. I was just in a funk and couldn’t seem to pull myself out. Luckily we are blessed with similar husbands who would do anything to put a smile on our face.. Even if that means drinking beers and eating pizza.. :)
    Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..WIAW: Anniversary Weekend

3. Traci says

Maybe this will help brighten your day: I was at the liquor store looking at pumpkin beers the other day, and I found out Blue Point also makes a Pumpkin Ale! Try it out, I’d recommend :)

4. Kaelin says

Sorry you’re not feeling the best this week!! I feel like beer and pizza followed by Modern Family could cheer up anyone!

Hope your yoga goes well and you are all centered and yogafied by the end. 😉

Crappy days are what make good days even better. How does the old saying go you can’t appreciate the light till you’ve seen the dark? Good Luck and I hope this to passes quickly!

Also I’ve never been to a brewery that wasn’t a great time! :)
    Renee recently posted..Cucumber Lunch Boats

6. Pamela says

Hang in there! You are a great inspiration, and I absolutely love your blog! You provide amazing motivation and tips while keeping it real :)

P.S. Thanks for the October yoga challenge!

I’m sorry to hear you’ve had a bad couple of days! We all have those weeks where it seems like one thing after the next — but I’m glad you were able to go out, relax, and enjoy yourself. That always seems to help :)
    Steph @ StephSnacks recently posted..WIAW

You never have to post out of obligation and I hope you know that you never have to be “cheery” on every single post either. I would read it either way! I find blogs much more relatable and meaningful when they capture both the ups and downs in life. Emotions don’t last forever…things will start to look up soon!
    Shana recently posted..Sweet as Pie

9. Becky Przy says

I hope today is a kickoff to a fabulous day!

The husband and I always sit at the bar when we go out! I love it:-)

10. Nicole says

I’m sorry that you’ve had such a rough couple of days – the tough times make the good ones that much sweeter, right? :)

On a happier note, those pizzas look incredible!

Also, I’ve been to Blue Point a few times – its about 30 min frome me on LI. Its a small brewery, but they have SO many yummy beers including some sort of cherry one, and also one that I remember tasting like toasted marshmallows! I seem to remember it being ridiculously cheap as well, and possibly even free? If you decide to come, you should go in the fall when they have pumpkin beer, its awesome! Let me know if you make it down, there are lots of fun things to do even in the off season. Dare I mention wine tasting as well? :)

I am sorry you are having a rough few days…something must be in the air because it seems like a lot of us are. Hang in there, and I am glad your hubs took you to get a beer and a delicious pizza.. those look awesome. I have not been to the brewery, but Long Island has so many vineyards etc… you SO should make a trip! and hey, at least it’s almost Friday, right?!
    Eva @ Committed2Nutrition recently posted..W.I.A.W – Fall Crock Pot Deliciousness

12. Amy says

I hope everything turns around for you and gets better!

Blue Point is close to me on Long Island. Small brewery but good and very friendly.
    They have a ten mile race in Jan that ends at the brewery that is really fun with beers afterwards.

13. Elisabeth says

I’m sorry to hear it’s been a rough few days for you. These past few days haven’t been my favorite either. I’m determined to turn that around today though and pizza and beer might be just the way to do it.

First off {{hugs}} …..wishing you all the happiness in the world! Just remember: Life has a funny way of working itself out.
    I used to live in Patchogue!!!!! Blue Point is a good time! ….I walked home from there a few times. They have a GREAT karaoke night that is tons of fun! They sponser a Cask Ale Festival that is AWESOME in the spring’ish. I TOTALLY recommend going to that with some friends! :) …..Greeeeeat, now I think I need to visit my old stomping grounds.
    Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Jackson’s Birth Story

• Courtney says

Karaoke night?!? Oh man, that sounds like so much fun!
      (P.S. – I read Jackson’s birth story from start to finish yesterday – so happy for you) :)

• says

Oh goodness, it is!!! The Cask Ale Beer Festival is even better though! …..Another thought- go to Blue Point in the summer and make it a stop when you do a Long Island wine tour! Long Island is a great place- so much to do!
        Thank you, Courtney! Our blessing was long awaited- we are so thankful that he is here!
        Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Jackson’s Birth Story

Sorry to hear about the bad days… I think you rock!! Thank you for being so honest and sharing your life with those of us who need a little distraction in our daily routine and love hearing about your adventures. Hope things brighten up for you in a hurry!!

The beautiful thing about shitty days is they put the good/great/fantastic days into perspective. Hope you’re feeling better today! Sending warm wishes and love.

Such a sweet hubby to take you out. Looks like a nice, relaxing evening. Though, when you said bar underneath a restaurant, I automatically thought of the “Cheers” bar (I just finished watching all 11 seasons on Netflix. It took FOREVER!). Made me giggle.
    Those pizzas look amazing. :-)
    Beks recently posted..One Night at the Opera

Sorry to hear that you’ve been feeling down. I always try to tell myself that whatever doesn’t kill me will make me stronger. I’ve wondered how some bloggers can be so upbeat all the time, and it’s refreshing to have them share when they’re not. At least you have beer, pizza and a good husband to listen to you!
    Em @ Yep. I Ate That. recently posted..What I Ate Wednesdays Kickoff

Is that a Dunkin coffee mug I see?! I’ve never seen those in the store! I hope today is going better for you, don’t ever feel like you have to explain having a bad day to us! Everyone has them, and it’s perfectly okay to take a break from the blogging world to take care of yourself. Sending warm thoughts and love your way.
    Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire recently posted..Taking Healthy Relationships to a Whole New Level

I had one of those kind of days yesterday. When everything just goes wrong and you just don’t wanna deal with it. Its normal!

But that place and the pizza looks delicious! I am sure there is something like that here in the LA area but I can never seem to find them!

Glad to see you having a good day though! Good luck with that yoga!
    Alicia Orozco recently posted..Burnt Chicken and Bad Moods

Sorry for the poopy mood :( Hope everything starts to look up soon! At least you have a great support system and awesome husband :) And…Modern Family last night!? Hilarious!!!

I hope everything is ok!! Also I don’t think anyone expects you (or anyone else, for that matter) to be cheery ALL the time…if something is bothering you you shouldn’t pretend that it’s not. You’ll go crazy! I know the blogging community will be supportive no matter what and I bet you would feel a lot better. No judgement here! We <3 you!

You should definitely take a trip down to Long Island to visit the brewery. I’ve lived on Long Island my whole life, and I finally got around to checking it out recently – wish I did sooner. I also love the Blueberry Beer and the Pumpkin, so I think you will really enjoy it. If you decide to make a trip down here, I could recommend some other great places to check out as well!

Aww I’m glad that you and your husband got to go out and grab a beer and have great conversations. Hope you’re feeling better this morning!
    And I appreciate your honesty in sharing about how you were feeling yesterday (it brings to light that even as a blogger, life is LIFE… and it’s not always sunshine and roses).
    michelle kim recently posted..WTR? (What the Random?)

I’m hoping your mood starts to brighten soon! I’ve been going through a rough patch as well, its been really tough and hard. As much as I try and be positive, sometimes we have to accept the fact that things aren’t perfect and sunshine and rainbows. Work through those things, and then get back to our happy place!
    It sounds like your hubby is pretty awesome at brightening that mood though! Beers or a glass of wine can certainly help in those situations;)
    Lisa recently posted..Find Your Balance

Sorry to hear you’re having a rough week. Honestly, after last weeks 7 days in a row of working, I’ve had a hard time bouncing back with energy. Hope your (and my) week turns around pronto. And I always think yoga and beer with good people makes everything better – enjoy the little things. :)
    Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..You Rock!

27. Sarah says

hang in there … here’s a little fun fact, 73 days until christmas. You know what that means… party rocking christmas lights video on repeat. How can that not make you smile?! haha

28. Karleen says

Sorry you’re having a shitty coupla days. Know that your ‘bloggies’ (is that a word?:)) are here for ya. Always hard to be motivated and stay cheery. Especially someone like you blogging every day! You definitely have an overall optimistic happy go lucky attitude and know that you always cheer me up as well as others for sure on our shitty days! I look up to you and LOVE reading your blog because you of your great positive personality! Thank you as always for being honest. We all feel ya and its definitely easier to relate:)

Trackbacks