All I Really Wanted

by Courtney on October 11, 2012

Hey guys. Sorry to leave ya all hangin’ yesterday.

It basically ended up being the culmination of a few really – to be blunt – shitty days, and I just didn’t have it in me to write and be cheery. Truth is, I’m still sort of miserable but I’m working through it. Just another bump in the road that we call life I suppose?

I told Jay yesterday afternoon that all I really wanted to do last night was get out of the house and go grab a beer. So, being the incredible guy that he is, he did just that for me.

We headed in to downtown Troy for a couple beers and some wood fired pizza at Bacchus. Bacchus is really such a cool place and I’m shocked that the last time I was here was well before I ever even started the blog. Now that we’ve been back, I’m pretty sure we’ll be back again much sooner.

It’s actually located underneath (basically underground) another restaurant (Daisy Baker’s) and it has such a cool atmosphere. There was barely anyone there when we arrived and we decided to skip the main dining area and just grab a couple of seats at the bar.

Funny enough, Jay and I have some of our best conversations while sitting at bars. I have no idea why, but we just love it.

Shortly after sitting down we ordered a couple of beers – an IPA for him and a Blue Point Octoberfest for me. I already love the Blue Point Blueberry beer, so I figured it had to be good.

It was. Jay and I also decided that we want to make a trip down to Long Island to visit their brewery. Has anyone ever been? Is it worth a trip?

After spending a bit of time chatting and enjoying our beer, we decided to order a couple of their wood fired pizzas. We went with two small ones because we’re all about the variety (aka, we’re both indecisive).

We did a “Make Your Own” with red sauce, fresh mozz, sundried tomatoes, feta cheese, and blackened chicken.

And then we also did their “Mozzabella” pizza, made with red sauce, fresh mozz, spinach, homemade meatballs, and fresh garlic.

The pizzas were INCREDIBLE. Seriously, if you love wood fired pizza and live anywhere near downtown Troy, you haaaaave to go. It’s delicious.

Both of us actually filled up sort of quick (we blame it on the beer) so we each had two pieces (and now both have leftovers for today), came home, and spent the evening laughing at The Middle and Modern Family. Can’t beat that.

*****

Breakfast

I had lots of variety happenin’ this morning.

A scrambled egg with green peppers, red onions, tomatoes, and feta cheese.

And half of a pumpkin spice bagel topped with peanut butter and pumpkin butter.

Once this settles, I’m really hoping to finally do some yoga. It never happened yesterday, so hopefully I can at least get one or two sessions in this week.

Happy 10/11/12, friends!

1 Elaine October 11, 2012 at 9:02 am

I’m sorry you have been having some bad days lately. I hate being in those ruts. Keep your head up!! Things will get better. :)

And that place looks really cool. There is an underground bar in my hometown that looks a lot like that. It’s definitely one of my favorite spots to go.
Elaine recently posted..Peaches ‘n’ Cream Smoothie

2 Courtney October 11, 2012 at 4:26 pm

Thanks, Elaine. :)
It definitely does have an awesome atmosphere there – love those kinda places!

3 Michelle @ Eat Move Balance October 11, 2012 at 9:05 am

Well that’s definitely a good way to finish off a crappy day. I hope today is better for you!!! :)
Michelle @ Eat Move Balance recently posted..(Protein Pumped) Pumpkin Bread

4 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey October 11, 2012 at 9:05 am

I’m sorry you have been having a few crappy days, as you already know. I’m glad you and Jay were able to get out of the house and do something fun!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..wiaw collage style

5 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope October 11, 2012 at 9:07 am

Sorry that you have been having crappy days. I can completely relate. I hope it gets better! :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..A Crockpot Dinner…

6 Natalie @ Free Range Human October 11, 2012 at 9:10 am

So sorry to hear about your bad week. Hoping today is the start of something great for you!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..WIAW or The One With The Empty PB Jar

7 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life October 11, 2012 at 9:17 am

I hope today is much better for you Courtney! It is hard when we have those days, yesterday was a struggle for me too. I was just in a funk and couldn’t seem to pull myself out. Luckily we are blessed with similar husbands who would do anything to put a smile on our face.. Even if that means drinking beers and eating pizza.. :)
Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..WIAW: Anniversary Weekend

8 Courtney October 11, 2012 at 4:27 pm

Haha, that is so true :)
Thanks, Jana!

9 Traci October 11, 2012 at 9:19 am

Maybe this will help brighten your day: I was at the liquor store looking at pumpkin beers the other day, and I found out Blue Point also makes a Pumpkin Ale! Try it out, I’d recommend :)

10 Courtney October 11, 2012 at 9:21 am

Hahaha, I actually tried their Pumpkin Ale last season and I LOVED it! I may have to look for that again…thanks for the reminder ;)

11 Traci October 11, 2012 at 9:29 am

Haha, glad you’re on top of it already!

12 Kaelin October 11, 2012 at 9:22 am

Sorry you’re not feeling the best this week!! I feel like beer and pizza followed by Modern Family could cheer up anyone!

Hope your yoga goes well and you are all centered and yogafied by the end. ;)

13 Courtney October 11, 2012 at 4:28 pm

Hahaha, I did feel a bit more “yogafied” by the end of my yoga today…and I am lovin’ that word ;)

14 Laura @ LauraLikesDesign October 11, 2012 at 9:25 am

This sounds like a great way to end a less than stellar day. So sorry to hear you aren’t doing the greatest–good for you for taking a break though! Take care!
Laura @ LauraLikesDesign recently posted..A Glimpse Into My Portfolio

15 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie October 11, 2012 at 9:30 am

I hope things are going better, but I’m glad you have Jay (and Cody) there for you! I love that you are always trying new beers so I can add them to my list — I am definitely a beer girl. And wood fired pizza is the best, super jealous!
Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie recently posted..The Comedic Stylings of Louie CK

16 Courtney October 11, 2012 at 4:29 pm

What can I say…I love all sorts of booze ;)

17 kim@hungryhealthygirl October 11, 2012 at 9:35 am

Sorry the past few days have been the pits and hope 10/11/12 is much better!

18 Diana October 11, 2012 at 9:36 am

i am so sorry to hear you have been having a rough time. Know that you are not alone!! Feel better.

19 Brandi October 11, 2012 at 9:38 am

Sorry you have had a tough couple of days….:/ Hope things settle down for you real soon! Pizza looks amazing!
Brandi recently posted..Keeping a Balance

20 Shayla October 11, 2012 at 9:40 am

Thinking of you so much lovely….glad you were able to end the night on a good one with pizza and beer, can’t beat that ;) Love ya :) xoxo
Shayla recently posted..Cycle For Survival

21 Courtney October 11, 2012 at 4:30 pm

Thanks Shayla. You’ve been incredible. xoxoxo :)

22 Renee October 11, 2012 at 9:42 am

Crappy days are what make good days even better. How does the old saying go you can’t appreciate the light till you’ve seen the dark? Good Luck and I hope this to passes quickly!

Also I’ve never been to a brewery that wasn’t a great time! :)
Renee recently posted..Cucumber Lunch Boats

23 Caitlin @ This Bride's Joyride October 11, 2012 at 9:45 am

I’m sorry you’ve been having a tough few days. I always appreciate when bloggers are honest about that kind of thing — and sometimes just writing about it and then reading comments can help push you out of that mood!

Modern Family always puts me in the best mood :)
Caitlin @ This Bride’s Joyride recently posted..3 day weekends, Fall weather and (Wo)Man Makers

24 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries October 11, 2012 at 9:53 am

I think what you and Jay did sounds perfect and was just what you needed! Take your time my dear! Love you!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..10/11: Thursday Thoughts

25 Mollie @Sprinkles of Life October 11, 2012 at 9:54 am

Don’t ya hate when life gets you down sometimes. It seems inevitable that sometimes it’s just too much and a little breakdown is needed. Hope you are feeling better tho!
Mollie @Sprinkles of Life recently posted..Chocolate and peanut butter chip cookie dough bars

26 Pamela October 11, 2012 at 9:55 am

Hang in there! You are a great inspiration, and I absolutely love your blog! You provide amazing motivation and tips while keeping it real :)

P.S. Thanks for the October yoga challenge!

27 Courtney October 11, 2012 at 4:31 pm

Thanks, Pamela :)

28 Madison @ Pilates Makes You Happy October 11, 2012 at 9:58 am

I am sorry you had such a rough day. Pizza and Beer are pretty good medicine though – also, had you not mentioned it was 10/11/12, I never would’ve known this!! Thank you!!
Madison @ Pilates Makes You Happy recently posted..Need a Buddy? I do.

29 Courtney October 11, 2012 at 4:31 pm

Haha, you’re welcome!

30 LIsa M October 11, 2012 at 10:00 am

I am sorry that you have been having some rough days! I hope that things are looking up for you soon. Hang in there! Happy 10/11/2012
LIsa M recently posted..Waiting on Wednesday: Forgotten by Catherine McKenzie

31 Steph @ StephSnacks October 11, 2012 at 10:02 am

I’m sorry to hear you’ve had a bad couple of days! We all have those weeks where it seems like one thing after the next — but I’m glad you were able to go out, relax, and enjoy yourself. That always seems to help :)
Steph @ StephSnacks recently posted..WIAW

32 Shana October 11, 2012 at 10:08 am

You never have to post out of obligation and I hope you know that you never have to be “cheery” on every single post either. I would read it either way! I find blogs much more relatable and meaningful when they capture both the ups and downs in life. Emotions don’t last forever…things will start to look up soon!
Shana recently posted..Sweet as Pie

33 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom October 11, 2012 at 10:13 am

Sorry you are having such a hard time. Hopefully, whatever is causing your yucky mood will soon work it’s way out of your life. Hey, at least you know how to handle it…beer and pizza will do wonders for the mood, even if it is short lived!!
Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..Bacon & Potato Soup

34 Courtney October 11, 2012 at 4:32 pm

This is VERY true ;)

35 Yellow Haired Girl October 11, 2012 at 10:15 am

It sounds like that was just the kind of night you needed! Beer and pizza are wonderful :)
Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..Success!

36 Becky Przy October 11, 2012 at 10:18 am

I hope today is a kickoff to a fabulous day!

The husband and I always sit at the bar when we go out! I love it:-)

37 Khushboo October 11, 2012 at 10:21 am

Sorry to hear the last few days have been less than stellar, Courtney! Have been meaning to email you all day, expect it very soon :-)
Khushboo recently posted..Getting to know each other better

38 Nicole October 11, 2012 at 10:27 am

I’m sorry that you’ve had such a rough couple of days – the tough times make the good ones that much sweeter, right? :)

On a happier note, those pizzas look incredible!

Also, I’ve been to Blue Point a few times – its about 30 min frome me on LI. Its a small brewery, but they have SO many yummy beers including some sort of cherry one, and also one that I remember tasting like toasted marshmallows! I seem to remember it being ridiculously cheap as well, and possibly even free? If you decide to come, you should go in the fall when they have pumpkin beer, its awesome! Let me know if you make it down, there are lots of fun things to do even in the off season. Dare I mention wine tasting as well? :)

39 Courtney October 11, 2012 at 4:43 pm

You’re making my decision to travel down there muuuuuch easier ;)

40 Eva @ Committed2Nutrition October 11, 2012 at 10:33 am

I am sorry you are having a rough few days…something must be in the air because it seems like a lot of us are. Hang in there, and I am glad your hubs took you to get a beer and a delicious pizza.. those look awesome. I have not been to the brewery, but Long Island has so many vineyards etc… you SO should make a trip! and hey, at least it’s almost Friday, right?!
Eva @ Committed2Nutrition recently posted..W.I.A.W – Fall Crock Pot Deliciousness

41 Amy October 11, 2012 at 10:48 am

I hope everything turns around for you and gets better!

Blue Point is close to me on Long Island. Small brewery but good and very friendly.
They have a ten mile race in Jan that ends at the brewery that is really fun with beers afterwards.

42 Courtney October 11, 2012 at 4:45 pm

I think I’d rather just go for the beers and cheer on the racers ;)

43 Rachel October 11, 2012 at 10:53 am

aww I hope thinks get better for you! I know I’ve been having a tough week– been having computer problems so it’s completely draining the life out of me :/
Rachel recently posted..Pumpkin Granola

44 Elisabeth October 11, 2012 at 10:54 am

I’m sorry to hear it’s been a rough few days for you. These past few days haven’t been my favorite either. I’m determined to turn that around today though and pizza and beer might be just the way to do it.

45 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles October 11, 2012 at 11:01 am

First off {{hugs}} …..wishing you all the happiness in the world! Just remember: Life has a funny way of working itself out.
I used to live in Patchogue!!!!! Blue Point is a good time! ….I walked home from there a few times. They have a GREAT karaoke night that is tons of fun! They sponser a Cask Ale Festival that is AWESOME in the spring’ish. I TOTALLY recommend going to that with some friends! :) …..Greeeeeat, now I think I need to visit my old stomping grounds.
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Jackson’s Birth Story

46 Courtney October 11, 2012 at 4:46 pm

Karaoke night?!? Oh man, that sounds like so much fun!
(P.S. – I read Jackson’s birth story from start to finish yesterday – so happy for you) :)

47 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles October 12, 2012 at 11:30 am

Oh goodness, it is!!! The Cask Ale Beer Festival is even better though! …..Another thought- go to Blue Point in the summer and make it a stop when you do a Long Island wine tour! Long Island is a great place- so much to do!
Thank you, Courtney! Our blessing was long awaited- we are so thankful that he is here!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Jackson’s Birth Story

48 Heather @ For the Love of Kale October 11, 2012 at 11:10 am

Sorry to hear that you’ve had a few shitty days, girl. I’m sending you lots of love and hugs from Rhode Island! <3
Heather @ For the Love of Kale recently posted..#plantPOWER Day 10: Breakfast & Attune Foods GIVEAWAY!

49 Meghan @ After the Ivy League October 11, 2012 at 11:23 am

Pizza and beer can cure the worst of days if you ask me! Hopefully that yummy breakfast and some yoga will be a fresh start to some better days, the weekend’s almost here!
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..WIAW #7: I Don’t Wanna Grocery Shop

50 Nicole October 11, 2012 at 11:27 am

Glad you enjoyed your night, hope things start looking up for your mood :)

51 Jocelyn October 11, 2012 at 11:30 am

Sorry to hear about the bad days… I think you rock!! Thank you for being so honest and sharing your life with those of us who need a little distraction in our daily routine and love hearing about your adventures. Hope things brighten up for you in a hurry!!

52 Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 11, 2012 at 11:32 am

Sorry to hear that you haven’t been feeling the best, girl :( We all have times like that and they eventually pass so hang in there. Hope things start looking up for you soon!
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... WIAW … cold weather carb cravings .

53 Alyssa October 11, 2012 at 11:48 am

The beautiful thing about shitty days is they put the good/great/fantastic days into perspective. Hope you’re feeling better today! Sending warm wishes and love.

54 Beks October 11, 2012 at 11:49 am

Such a sweet hubby to take you out. Looks like a nice, relaxing evening. Though, when you said bar underneath a restaurant, I automatically thought of the “Cheers” bar (I just finished watching all 11 seasons on Netflix. It took FOREVER!). Made me giggle.
Those pizzas look amazing. :-)
Beks recently posted..One Night at the Opera

55 Courtney October 11, 2012 at 4:47 pm

Hahaha that’s sort of what it reminded me of too!

56 Jentry Nielsen October 11, 2012 at 12:12 pm

Those pizzas look AMAZING! And oh yes I’ve had so many of days like this, where a good date night and beer is the only thing that sounds good! ha Hope your days are getting better and less shitty ;)
Jentry Nielsen recently posted..NordicTrack Blog Introduces Fit Mama Friday

57 Em @ Yep. I Ate That. October 11, 2012 at 12:26 pm

Sorry to hear that you’ve been feeling down. I always try to tell myself that whatever doesn’t kill me will make me stronger. I’ve wondered how some bloggers can be so upbeat all the time, and it’s refreshing to have them share when they’re not. At least you have beer, pizza and a good husband to listen to you!
Em @ Yep. I Ate That. recently posted..What I Ate Wednesdays Kickoff

58 Annette@FitnessPerks October 11, 2012 at 12:27 pm

What a sweet husband to jump in and help ya feel better! Pizza usually does te trick for me too ;) And those look SOO good! Hope you have a great day today.
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Consistency Is Key + Gluten Free Expo Tickets

59 Nicole @ Curly Mommy October 11, 2012 at 12:28 pm

Whatever’s been bothering you, I hope you feel better soon!! Just remember that ice cream can fix almost any problem. :)
Nicole @ Curly Mommy recently posted..Motivation Monday and Body Image

60 Courtney October 11, 2012 at 4:47 pm

Haha, I like the way you think ;)

61 Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes October 11, 2012 at 12:37 pm

Hope you’re doing better today, Courtney! I bet the beer, pizza, and quality time helped. :)

62 Danica @ It's Progression October 11, 2012 at 12:43 pm

Those random weeknight dates are the best.
Hope your day gets better, Courtney!

63 Paige @ Your Trainer Paige October 11, 2012 at 12:52 pm

Sending much love your way, friend <3 <3 *bighug*
Paige @ Your Trainer Paige recently posted..Opinionated

64 Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire October 11, 2012 at 1:06 pm

Is that a Dunkin coffee mug I see?! I’ve never seen those in the store! I hope today is going better for you, don’t ever feel like you have to explain having a bad day to us! Everyone has them, and it’s perfectly okay to take a break from the blogging world to take care of yourself. Sending warm thoughts and love your way.
Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire recently posted..Taking Healthy Relationships to a Whole New Level

65 Courtney October 11, 2012 at 4:48 pm

Yes! It actually came in a holiday gift back from there one year – loved it!

66 Alicia Orozco October 11, 2012 at 1:09 pm

I had one of those kind of days yesterday. When everything just goes wrong and you just don’t wanna deal with it. Its normal!

But that place and the pizza looks delicious! I am sure there is something like that here in the LA area but I can never seem to find them!

Glad to see you having a good day though! Good luck with that yoga!
Alicia Orozco recently posted..Burnt Chicken and Bad Moods

67 Tara October 11, 2012 at 1:13 pm

Sorry for the poopy mood :( Hope everything starts to look up soon! At least you have a great support system and awesome husband :) And…Modern Family last night!? Hilarious!!!

68 Courtney October 11, 2012 at 4:49 pm

Yes!! We both cracked up :)

69 Raychel October 11, 2012 at 1:14 pm

Sorry that you’re feeling crappy, we all need a weeknight out every once in awhile! Those pizzas look to die for!!! My mouth is watering now :p
Raychel recently posted..I’m working on some new things but for now; here’s a recipe you will like.

70 Chelsea @ Chelsea Eats Treats October 11, 2012 at 1:30 pm

I hope everything is ok!! Also I don’t think anyone expects you (or anyone else, for that matter) to be cheery ALL the time…if something is bothering you you shouldn’t pretend that it’s not. You’ll go crazy! I know the blogging community will be supportive no matter what and I bet you would feel a lot better. No judgement here! We <3 you!

71 Ellie@Fit for the Soul October 11, 2012 at 1:43 pm

I hope you have a great day today despite the tough past few days~ and yes, I totally agree with you Chelsea! it’s okay to feel like we’re in a slump because it’s all part of life :)
Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..A Disney Kind of Birthday

72 Victoria @ Reluctantly Skinny October 11, 2012 at 1:34 pm

You should definitely take a trip down to Long Island to visit the brewery. I’ve lived on Long Island my whole life, and I finally got around to checking it out recently – wish I did sooner. I also love the Blueberry Beer and the Pumpkin, so I think you will really enjoy it. If you decide to make a trip down here, I could recommend some other great places to check out as well!

73 Danielle October 11, 2012 at 1:47 pm

Feel better! This is my never-failing cure-all: http://www.lolcats.com/

74 Courtney October 11, 2012 at 5:00 pm

That is FANTASTIC. Thanks, Danielle! :)

75 michelle kim October 11, 2012 at 2:25 pm

Aww I’m glad that you and your husband got to go out and grab a beer and have great conversations. Hope you’re feeling better this morning!
And I appreciate your honesty in sharing about how you were feeling yesterday (it brings to light that even as a blogger, life is LIFE… and it’s not always sunshine and roses).
michelle kim recently posted..WTR? (What the Random?)

76 Michelle@Peachy Palate October 11, 2012 at 3:12 pm

I think it’s the change in weather…well it is for me anyway! Feeling a little down in the dumps. A bath is always my first port of call!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Two of my favourite sweets

77 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake October 11, 2012 at 3:44 pm

Sorry to hear that you’ve had a rough few days! Pizza + fall beer sounds like the perfect pick-me-up though!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Favorite Comfort Foods

78 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles October 11, 2012 at 3:58 pm

I hope today’s been going better for you!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Lara and Sunshine.

79 Carlyn October 11, 2012 at 4:19 pm

I JUST tweeted you—I go to the blue point brewery ALL the time!! Come on down and lets booze it up!
Carlyn recently posted..The Graduate Goes To Bootcamp

80 Lisa October 11, 2012 at 4:28 pm

I’m hoping your mood starts to brighten soon! I’ve been going through a rough patch as well, its been really tough and hard. As much as I try and be positive, sometimes we have to accept the fact that things aren’t perfect and sunshine and rainbows. Work through those things, and then get back to our happy place!
It sounds like your hubby is pretty awesome at brightening that mood though! Beers or a glass of wine can certainly help in those situations;)
Lisa recently posted..Find Your Balance

81 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries October 11, 2012 at 8:04 pm

Several shitty days/months in a row just – sorry to be blunt – fucking suck. I hope things start looking up soon :) xoxox
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Go with Bo

82 pat October 11, 2012 at 9:01 pm

I wonder where you get your love of sitting at a bar????

83 Courtney October 11, 2012 at 9:34 pm

Hahaha! Something tells me a certain mom and dad of mine may have something to do with it ;)

84 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More October 11, 2012 at 9:53 pm

Sorry to hear you’re having a rough week. Honestly, after last weeks 7 days in a row of working, I’ve had a hard time bouncing back with energy. Hope your (and my) week turns around pronto. And I always think yoga and beer with good people makes everything better – enjoy the little things. :)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..You Rock!

85 Bek @ Crave October 12, 2012 at 1:01 am

Sorry you had a shitty day! Hope those beers and pizza helped. That woodfire pizza (my fav kind) looks soo good! I love how much crust they’ve got going on ;)
Bek @ Crave recently posted..An athlete’s mindset

86 Sarah October 12, 2012 at 11:45 am

hang in there … here’s a little fun fact, 73 days until christmas. You know what that means… party rocking christmas lights video on repeat. How can that not make you smile?! haha

87 Courtney October 12, 2012 at 12:26 pm

LOL that is so true – thanks for that reminder! ;)

88 Karleen October 13, 2012 at 1:50 am

Sorry you’re having a shitty coupla days. Know that your ‘bloggies’ (is that a word?:)) are here for ya. Always hard to be motivated and stay cheery. Especially someone like you blogging every day! You definitely have an overall optimistic happy go lucky attitude and know that you always cheer me up as well as others for sure on our shitty days! I look up to you and LOVE reading your blog because you of your great positive personality! Thank you as always for being honest. We all feel ya and its definitely easier to relate:)

89 Courtney October 13, 2012 at 8:42 am

Thanks, Karleen! I love being able to call you my “bloggy” ;)
xoxo