A Few Extra

I am so, so happy to finally make it to the end of this week. And to make things even better, I’ve got a date tonight with my bestie, Heather, which I am really looking forward to. Anyone else got any fun plans ahead?

We didn’t have all too much exciting going on around here last night…I wasn’t cooking dinner, so Jay had leftover pizza and I ended up making a sandwich similar to this one, minus the turkey bacon but add in some pickles.

Dinner happened pretty quickly so I could continue working on finishing up some baking. I have an order of cupcakes to drop off today (actually for a reader who lives in Florida but is up in the area visiting – thanks again, Karen!) so I figured since I was already making some, I’d just make a few extra for Jay to bring in to work.

Or, you know. An extra two dozen. Whatever. Winking smile

It’s been a while since I made the cookie dough cupcakes and I know the guys at work love those, so hopefully they’ll all enjoy them today. I’m starting to think I should just be the resident baker at the company…?

Once I was done in the kitchen for the night, I settled in on the couch with a couple pieces of dark chocolate and Wednesday’s episode of Nashville. Wow, that Hayden Panettiere is quite the little hussy(!) but I think I’m really gonna like this show.

Breakfast

So we are now officially out of pumpkin spice English muffins…cue the violins.

I’m slowly making my way through all of our pumpkin carbs, which I think Jay is pretty happy about. At one point, he looked around the kitchen earlier this week and basically told me I have pumpkin issues (but we all already know that now, don’t we?).

Today’s muffin was topped with PB, banana slices, and chia seeds, and enjoyed along with the rest of my banana with more PB and the usual coffee.

Good thing I’ve already got my peanut butter fix, since it’s about time to go make up a batch of some peanut butter frosting. Winking smile

Question for the Morning:

Which of the new TV shows this season are you already into (or not liking at all)?

Comments

I’m not a big TV watcher…the only time I watch it really is when I’m in the gym on the treadmill! Guilt free TV watching at its best right! Cakes as always look amazing!!! You should try make your own pumpkin bagels or muffins! I’ve made some that I’m going to post next week! :)
    Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Third Time Lucky

I wish you were my company’s resident baker! Those cupcakes look amazing! :) so far this season I of course love ModernFamily (hilarious!) and I actually liked the pilot episode of Nashville! I hope it will be a series I can get into! However, Gossip Girl was kind of a bummer for me.. I have followed it since the beginning, but I think I am starting to understand why it’s the last season.. Boo!

Shockingly I still have 2 pumpkin English muffins left haha I thought my Dad finished them this week, but turns out he didn’t 😀 I love Vampire Diaries but have to watch it online since cable vision got rid of CW :(
    Rachel recently posted..Ermahgerd Stress!

I just started watching Nashville last night and I think it’s going to be a good one! I loved Connie Britton in Friday Night Lights, and I’m excited for this show to see her again. And you’re right-when did Hayden grow up from the little innocent girl in Remember the Titans? She has got it goin onnnnnn 😉
    Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire recently posted..Skinny Apple Crisp

5. Haley S says

I can’t wait to see Nashville! I hope they have episodes online because I missed it! I need to try those pumpkin spice english muffins as well. OH MY YUM! (:

6. Amy says

LOVED Nashville!! Hayden is such a good actress- you’re right, quite a hussy! But so excited for the drama surrounding Rayna’s character/family

I normally don’t watch tv to much. I tend to stick to the same old shows: How I met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory, Two Broke Girls, Two & Half Men. Teh only new show I watched is the one with Chandler (Mathew Perry) from Friends. I caught my first episode this week. It’s cute!

I don’t really watch tv.

But i have been watching New Girl- it only just finished here in the UK, and i hope that there’s another series.

Im also watching Greys Anatomy- the third series, i know there in on like season 11 now but i’ve never had the chance to watch them before because i never had the channel they were on.
    Lucy recently posted..Where does the time go?!

You are more than welcome to become my company resident baker!

I started Revolution and thought I was going to love it, but I’m already bored with it. :( I’m sticking to all my old favorites so far: Parenthood, Modern Family, and Vampire Diaries!

10. Leigh H says

There are two shows that I’m completely loving
    1) REVENGE
    2) PARK 666

I really didn’t like CHICAGO FIRE or REVOLUTION

• Courtney says

I don’t know if I’d really call it a “business” so to say, but I do do orders basically by word of mouth. I don’t do a whole lot of self-promotion or anything like that. It’s just something fun to do on the side :)

Lol I have pumpkin issues, too, and I think I went too far this morning when I tried to make pumpkin Greek yogurt by adding 1/4 c pumpkin and 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice to a 6 oz container of 2% plain yogurt. Good in theory, but tasted icky – I think vanilla flavored yogurt would have been much better, or at least a few teaspoons of sugar. Ah well, my homemade pumpkin waffles were to DIE for – seriously so good. You win some, you lose some!

12. crystal d. says

My husband would like to tell me I have pumpkin issues right now but he is smarter than that. I am pregnant and right now and he knows not to mess with my food!! I am craving anything pumpkin at the moment. So far this is what I have had (in the last two week mind you) pumpkin soup, pumpkin butter, pumpkin waffles, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin bread, pumpkin donuts, pumpkin pie smoothies, pumpkin pie yogurt, pumpkin pie oatmeal, pumpkin bagels, pumpkin cream cheese and pumpkin poptarts!!!! I have yet to find the pumpkin english muffins but you better believe I am looking for them. I love pumpkin stuff anyway but right now it is out of control. Even I can admit that! :) This weekend I have plans to make pumpkin cookies!!! Courtney I am in full support of your “pumpkin issues”!!

13. Katie says

My boyfriend and I can’t get enough Homeland, Modern Family, How I Met Your Mother, and Big Bang Theory. Oh and Partners. We’ve kind of started watching Revolution, but it’s a bit cheesy. This is the first season we have so many new shows to watch!

14. Shannon says

New shows I’m already into are Nashville and I started to watch the X Factor. The talent this season on the X Factor is incredible. I would be torn on who to give the five million dollar contract! Made in Jersey is good, but I’m not going to committ myself to it on Fridays. I’ll watch it when I’m bored or if I have no plans on a Friday night.

i’m really liking elementary. :)

and gotta say i still loooove vampire diaries…..and i’ve got to say i’m liking glee, i thought i wasn’t going to like this transition, but i do!
    erica recently posted..10-11-12

16. Laura says

the pumpkin spice english muffins are amazing! i wasn’t too crazy about the bagel things, but an egg and cheese on the muffins are delish (sounds weird, but it worked for breakfast every day this week!).. i almost bought 18 pumpkin spice english muffins at sam’s club today but my husband talked me out of it. … something about not being able to eat them all!???… Lol..