A Few Extra

by Courtney on October 12, 2012

I am so, so happy to finally make it to the end of this week. And to make things even better, I’ve got a date tonight with my bestie, Heather, which I am really looking forward to. Anyone else got any fun plans ahead?

We didn’t have all too much exciting going on around here last night…I wasn’t cooking dinner, so Jay had leftover pizza and I ended up making a sandwich similar to this one, minus the turkey bacon but add in some pickles.

Dinner happened pretty quickly so I could continue working on finishing up some baking. I have an order of cupcakes to drop off today (actually for a reader who lives in Florida but is up in the area visiting – thanks again, Karen!) so I figured since I was already making some, I’d just make a few extra for Jay to bring in to work.

Or, you know. An extra two dozen. Whatever. Winking smile

It’s been a while since I made the cookie dough cupcakes and I know the guys at work love those, so hopefully they’ll all enjoy them today. I’m starting to think I should just be the resident baker at the company…?

Once I was done in the kitchen for the night, I settled in on the couch with a couple pieces of dark chocolate and Wednesday’s episode of Nashville. Wow, that Hayden Panettiere is quite the little hussy(!) but I think I’m really gonna like this show.

Breakfast

So we are now officially out of pumpkin spice English muffins…cue the violins.

I’m slowly making my way through all of our pumpkin carbs, which I think Jay is pretty happy about. At one point, he looked around the kitchen earlier this week and basically told me I have pumpkin issues (but we all already know that now, don’t we?).

Today’s muffin was topped with PB, banana slices, and chia seeds, and enjoyed along with the rest of my banana with more PB and the usual coffee.

Good thing I’ve already got my peanut butter fix, since it’s about time to go make up a batch of some peanut butter frosting. Winking smile

Question for the Morning:

Which of the new TV shows this season are you already into (or not liking at all)?

1 Natalie @ Free Range Human October 12, 2012 at 9:19 am

I’m loving Partners! It’s hilarious! It’s so funny that you mention Hayden Panettiere. We didn’t watch Nashville, but yesterday my husband found out that she’s the same little girl from Remember the Titans. He definitely had a “Oh my gosh, I’m old” moment. He was horrified!!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Breast Cancer Awareness: Save 2nd Base!

2 Michelle@Peachy Palate October 12, 2012 at 9:19 am

I’m not a big TV watcher…the only time I watch it really is when I’m in the gym on the treadmill! Guilt free TV watching at its best right! Cakes as always look amazing!!! You should try make your own pumpkin bagels or muffins! I’ve made some that I’m going to post next week! :)
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Third Time Lucky

3 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life October 12, 2012 at 9:25 am

I wish you were my company’s resident baker! Those cupcakes look amazing! :) so far this season I of course love ModernFamily (hilarious!) and I actually liked the pilot episode of Nashville! I hope it will be a series I can get into! However, Gossip Girl was kind of a bummer for me.. I have followed it since the beginning, but I think I am starting to understand why it’s the last season.. Boo!

4 Kim @ The Family Practice October 12, 2012 at 9:30 am

I wish you were a coworker at my office! I’d make up reasons to celebrate things – “We restocked the copy machine. Cupcakes at lunch time!” “My rubber band ball is coming together. Cupcakes for all!” LOL
Kim @ The Family Practice recently posted..Because I Just Love You So Much

5 Linz @ Itz Linz October 12, 2012 at 9:37 am

Parenthood!! Well itz not new, but a new season! So good – but such a tearjerker!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..REBOOT me, please!

6 Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets October 12, 2012 at 9:55 am

I’m quite jealous of your pumpkin ways! I get as many pumpkin things at the grocery store as possible, but it seems like you guys in the U.S. get so many more options (hellloooo pumpkin waffles!).
Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets recently posted..workout jamz

7 Lisa October 12, 2012 at 9:56 am

LOVE LOVE LOVE Revenge .. definitely my favorite show right now.

8 Mary Beth October 12, 2012 at 10:07 am

I just watched Nashville last night too and I love it! The hubs and I are also hooked on Vegas and Elementary which are both awesome :)
Mary Beth recently posted..Pumpkin Ale Sweet Beer Bread

9 Kathy October 12, 2012 at 10:07 am

I have no idea what is new or old….don’t really watch TV. (Too busy reading blogs.;-)

However, I did catch some of the Vice Presidential debate last night and thought Biden looked great!
Kathy recently posted..Thoughts this Thursday….whaaaat?

10 Megan@funsizedfitness October 12, 2012 at 10:09 am

I’m loving the New Normal – it’s hilarious!!!!!
Megan@funsizedfitness recently posted..Food Freebies!

11 Lizzie October 12, 2012 at 10:13 am

Hahahah I think hussy is the funniest word ever. Glad to hear the show is pretty good – we have it DVRed!
Lizzie recently posted..Running is HARD! (Blue Ridge Burn Trail Race Recap)

12 Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 12, 2012 at 10:15 am

I spend too much time on the computer to watch TV :lol: But I’ve been catching up (and loving) old seasons of Dexter if that counts? :D
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... thinking out loud .

13 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope October 12, 2012 at 10:18 am

I tried watching some of the new tv shows and I didn’t really like them. So I’m sticking with the old ones that I like. I do have to watch Nashville though. It’s on my dvr.

Those cupcakes seriously look so good. I wouldn’t mind a chocolate chip cookie dough one right about now :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Wedding Recap: Our Wedding Ceremony!…

14 Yellow Haired Girl October 12, 2012 at 10:25 am

Partners! I really like it. I do really want to give Nashville a try as well :)
Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..Success!

15 Silvia @skinny jeans food October 12, 2012 at 10:32 am

Your cupcakes look amazing. You should do a vblog on how to make and decorate them! Yours look so professional, and mine look, well, like done by a kindergartener.. :)
Silvia @skinny jeans food recently posted..Kale penne pasta

16 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl October 12, 2012 at 10:33 am

Those cupcakes are making me hungry..even if it’s still “breakfast time!” ;)

As far as the new TV shows go…I am really loving 666 Park Avenue. As I like to say, it is creepily good!
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Indian Chan(n)a Masala Recipe + Garam Masala Recipe

17 Rachel October 12, 2012 at 10:34 am

Shockingly I still have 2 pumpkin English muffins left haha I thought my Dad finished them this week, but turns out he didn’t :D I love Vampire Diaries but have to watch it online since cable vision got rid of CW :(
Rachel recently posted..Ermahgerd Stress!

18 Eva @ Committed2Nutrition October 12, 2012 at 10:46 am

Cupcakes look awesome! cookie dough?? yum.

I am not a huge TV watcher, EXCEPT for reality tv. so guilty. I love housewives of jersey and the Voice. I am slightly obsessed with Adam Levine – who isn’t?! I need to find a show non-reality. OH just remembered, I LOVE GIRLS ON HBO!! I cannot wait for the 2nd season!
Eva @ Committed2Nutrition recently posted..W.I.A.W – Fall Crock Pot Deliciousness

19 Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire October 12, 2012 at 11:05 am

I just started watching Nashville last night and I think it’s going to be a good one! I loved Connie Britton in Friday Night Lights, and I’m excited for this show to see her again. And you’re right-when did Hayden grow up from the little innocent girl in Remember the Titans? She has got it goin onnnnnn ;)
Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire recently posted..Skinny Apple Crisp

20 kim@hungryhealthygirl October 12, 2012 at 11:08 am

I haven’t watched any new shows this season, but I never miss an episode of Grey’s Anatomy. Sometimes I watch X-Factor and American Idol. I did see Nashville advertise and I thought it looked pretty good. Maybe I can catch it on Hulu. Have a great weekend!
kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..Friday Fun with a running popquiz

21 Katie @ running4cupcakes October 12, 2012 at 11:10 am

I am intrigued by Revolution so far this season, but I havent decided if I like it or not!!!
Katie @ running4cupcakes recently posted..Halloween Trail Mix

22 Chelsea @ GlitterAndSweat October 12, 2012 at 11:11 am

one of those cupcakes looks like cookie dough!!!
well it’s not new new but its new to me!! I’m so into Vampire Diaries, i’m addicted, and i already watched all the other seasons :D
Chelsea @ GlitterAndSweat recently posted..Crap Buckets

23 Haley S October 12, 2012 at 11:14 am

I can’t wait to see Nashville! I hope they have episodes online because I missed it! I need to try those pumpkin spice english muffins as well. OH MY YUM! (:

24 Amy October 12, 2012 at 11:22 am

LOVED Nashville!! Hayden is such a good actress- you’re right, quite a hussy! But so excited for the drama surrounding Rayna’s character/family

25 Laura @ LauraLikesDesign October 12, 2012 at 11:26 am

I’m loving Grey’s this Fall; tried to get into Private Practice this season but I just can’t seem to enjoy it as much as the previous seasons.

Okay, your cupcakes turn out so perfect! You are an amazing baker!
Laura @ LauraLikesDesign recently posted..Friday Fill In 10.12.12

26 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers October 12, 2012 at 11:30 am

I normally don’t watch tv to much. I tend to stick to the same old shows: How I met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory, Two Broke Girls, Two & Half Men. Teh only new show I watched is the one with Chandler (Mathew Perry) from Friends. I caught my first episode this week. It’s cute!

27 Lucy October 12, 2012 at 11:35 am

I don’t really watch tv.

But i have been watching New Girl- it only just finished here in the UK, and i hope that there’s another series.

Im also watching Greys Anatomy- the third series, i know there in on like season 11 now but i’ve never had the chance to watch them before because i never had the channel they were on.
Lucy recently posted..Where does the time go?!

28 Caitlin @ This Bride's Joyride October 12, 2012 at 11:35 am

You are more than welcome to become my company resident baker!

I started Revolution and thought I was going to love it, but I’m already bored with it. :( I’m sticking to all my old favorites so far: Parenthood, Modern Family, and Vampire Diaries!

29 Leigh H October 12, 2012 at 12:21 pm

There are two shows that I’m completely loving
1) REVENGE
2) PARK 666

I really didn’t like CHICAGO FIRE or REVOLUTION

30 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles October 12, 2012 at 12:23 pm

Right now, I’m loving Dexter, Glee, How I Met Your Mother and Big Bang Theory. And it’s come to my attention that the Walking Dead starts this weekend…SO EXCITED FOR THAT. Apparently, I like zombies a lot. :-)
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Awesome Things–Recovery Edition.

31 kbarr428 October 12, 2012 at 12:35 pm

Do you run a baking business also? Or just by request only? Is there a blog about how you got started?

32 Courtney October 12, 2012 at 12:50 pm

I don’t know if I’d really call it a “business” so to say, but I do do orders basically by word of mouth. I don’t do a whole lot of self-promotion or anything like that. It’s just something fun to do on the side :)

33 Bethany @ Accidental Intentions October 12, 2012 at 12:37 pm

Looks like I need to change careers/workplaces. Either that or Jay needs to come work here! Your cupcakes never cease to amaze me!
Bethany @ Accidental Intentions recently posted..Thursday Things

34 Ellie@Fit for the Soul October 12, 2012 at 12:52 pm

Teehee I bet Jay is the most popular employee at work, huh?! :P And those cupcakes sound so unique! It sounds like you’ve been having so much fun baking~can’t wait to do that once I get over this cold. Have a great day Courtney!
Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..A Disney Kind of Birthday

35 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More October 12, 2012 at 1:19 pm

I stand by my statement that you need to open a bakery. Just sayin’
We started selling some new cupcakes at my coffee shop and there are cookie dough ones and I tried a bite and OH.EM.GEE!! I imagine yours are JUST as good if not better!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Fitness Friday / 3-2-1

36 Meg October 12, 2012 at 1:30 pm

Lol I have pumpkin issues, too, and I think I went too far this morning when I tried to make pumpkin Greek yogurt by adding 1/4 c pumpkin and 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice to a 6 oz container of 2% plain yogurt. Good in theory, but tasted icky – I think vanilla flavored yogurt would have been much better, or at least a few teaspoons of sugar. Ah well, my homemade pumpkin waffles were to DIE for – seriously so good. You win some, you lose some!

37 Jen October 12, 2012 at 1:31 pm

Laughing out loud at 2 Broke Girls, Mike & Molly, New Girl

38 Carlyn October 12, 2012 at 1:56 pm

LOVEEEEEEEEED Nashville! The new normal is fantastic as well!
Carlyn recently posted..The Graduate Goes To Bootcamp

39 crystal d. October 12, 2012 at 2:55 pm

My husband would like to tell me I have pumpkin issues right now but he is smarter than that. I am pregnant and right now and he knows not to mess with my food!! I am craving anything pumpkin at the moment. So far this is what I have had (in the last two week mind you) pumpkin soup, pumpkin butter, pumpkin waffles, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin bread, pumpkin donuts, pumpkin pie smoothies, pumpkin pie yogurt, pumpkin pie oatmeal, pumpkin bagels, pumpkin cream cheese and pumpkin poptarts!!!! I have yet to find the pumpkin english muffins but you better believe I am looking for them. I love pumpkin stuff anyway but right now it is out of control. Even I can admit that! :) This weekend I have plans to make pumpkin cookies!!! Courtney I am in full support of your “pumpkin issues”!!

40 Courtney October 12, 2012 at 3:05 pm

LOL – you totally win!! That is hilarious :)

41 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake October 12, 2012 at 4:13 pm

My husband says the same thing about me and all of my pumpkin stuff!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Favorite Comfort Foods

42 Katie October 12, 2012 at 4:33 pm

My boyfriend and I can’t get enough Homeland, Modern Family, How I Met Your Mother, and Big Bang Theory. Oh and Partners. We’ve kind of started watching Revolution, but it’s a bit cheesy. This is the first season we have so many new shows to watch!

43 Shannon October 12, 2012 at 5:51 pm

New shows I’m already into are Nashville and I started to watch the X Factor. The talent this season on the X Factor is incredible. I would be torn on who to give the five million dollar contract! Made in Jersey is good, but I’m not going to committ myself to it on Fridays. I’ll watch it when I’m bored or if I have no plans on a Friday night.

44 erica October 12, 2012 at 7:07 pm

i’m really liking elementary. :)

and gotta say i still loooove vampire diaries…..and i’ve got to say i’m liking glee, i thought i wasn’t going to like this transition, but i do!
erica recently posted..10-11-12

45 Bek @ Crave October 12, 2012 at 8:21 pm

Jay’s company should definitely hire you as the company baker! ;)
Bek @ Crave recently posted..What motivates you

46 Miss Polkadot October 12, 2012 at 8:28 pm

Ah, well, I’m going to admit it: I’m not much of a TV watcher and just started the first season of “New Girl” – I knooow I’m late. My sister’s been telling me to watch it for ages now. It’s fun so far.
Miss Polkadot recently posted..Inspiration versus Imitation

47 Laura October 12, 2012 at 10:07 pm

the pumpkin spice english muffins are amazing! i wasn’t too crazy about the bagel things, but an egg and cheese on the muffins are delish (sounds weird, but it worked for breakfast every day this week!).. i almost bought 18 pumpkin spice english muffins at sam’s club today but my husband talked me out of it. … something about not being able to eat them all!???… Lol..