Good For The Soul

by Courtney on October 13, 2012

Happy weekend to you all! How are things shaping up so far?

Late yesterday afternoon, after dropping off some cupcakes (so great meeting you, Kelly!) I headed over to waste a couple of hours at the mall before meeting up with Heather for dinner. Hey, sometimes dinner with friends and a little retail therapy is good for the soul.

I’m running low on my favorite bronzer and black eye pencil so I had to grab those, but I’ve also been getting sored of bored with my usual eye shadows so I browsed around for something new.

I found this Sephora duo (intense black) which I’m looking forward to trying out. I love a grey, smoky eye.

After almost two hours of browsing around the mall, I started to run out of places to go so I figured I’d just head over to the restaurant a little early to grab a table.

My dinner date with Heather last night was at Lanie’s Café, which I’ve visited numerous times over the course of writing the blog. I just love this place to pieces.

Since I got there a bit early, I decided to order myself a glass of wine and just relax for a bit. Nothing like drinking alone at a restaurant, right? Winking smile

Heather arrived shortly after and we ended up chatting for quite some time before even taking a look at the menu…then again, I already knew what I was going to get so I was good to go.

First up: salad bar. I <3 their salad bar so, so much.

Next up: A Lanie’s favorite of mine: the Veggie Quesadilla.

They were of course delicious, but sadly, they just aren’t as “full” and pretty as they used to be. Ahh well.

I wound up eating half of them, boxed the rest to bring home, and ended up staying out with Heather for almost two hours. It was so nice to have a night out with my Nutjob!

After that, I came home, watched Thursday night’s DVR’d episode of Jersey Shore with hubby, then headed to bed because I. Was. Beat.

*****

Breakfast

This morning, I took care of a few house related tasks before heading out to the kitchen to make some breakfast. To my horror, I was greeted with a fruit basket with NO bananas.

The hubby had to be up and out earlier for some work today, so he must have taken the last one with him. Darn him…

Thankfully, I managed to still have a delicious breakfast, sans ‘naners. Look what’s back…Kodiak Cakes!

I actually forgot that I still had some of these left in our pantry until I saw them again this morning, so they became the breakfast of choice. I topped them both with a little peanut butter, pumpkin butter, and some chia seeds.

Along with a delicious, hot mug of coffee.

It is certainly chilly up in here this morning, so the hot coffee tasted wonderful. We’re hovering in on a crisp 60 degrees in the house right now, and even though my hands, toes, and nose are like ice, I’m trying desperately to hold off on turning on the heat.

However, my willpower is verrrrrry quickly weaning…

Enjoy your weekend, everyone!

1 Laura @ LauraLikesDesign October 13, 2012 at 10:11 am

I love those first chilly mornings of the year–great excuse to break out the layers.
Laura @ LauraLikesDesign recently posted..Friday Fill In 10.12.12

2 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl October 13, 2012 at 10:14 am

Ugh..the dreaded “no banana” debacle. I have this weird thing where I HAVE to have my daily banana either with breakfast or as a mid-morning snack. There is nothing worse then going to the kitchen and finding out that there are none…or, that they aren’t ripe enough. I like mine with quite a few brown spots. Green bananas? No thank you!

3 Holly October 13, 2012 at 10:35 am

I hope your weekend is shaping up better than your week. I have been thinking of you!
Whenever you decide on your move to FL, please know that we can have TONS of girls nights out :D
Oh I was just thinking…you should (if you want, of course) do a tutorial on the smoky eye. I ALWAYS try, but I feel like I end up looking like a clown. I know you did a tutorial of how you do your make up everyday a while ago, but I don’t think that was with smoky eyes..?
Holly recently posted..8.5 Months

4 Courtney October 13, 2012 at 10:51 am

Thanks Holly!
Haha, I’m not sure I even do a smoky eye correctly…I guess I’ll have to practice to make sure before sharing ;)
The other one I did was just plain old shadow!
(Oh, and I love your idea for girls’ nights in FL!) :-D

5 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles October 13, 2012 at 10:43 am

New make-up always makes me feel special! :) …..glad you had a night out of chatting, wine, and yummy food!
Have a fantastic Saturday!!!

6 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill October 13, 2012 at 11:00 am

I love all of the Nars products. Have you tried their shimmer stick? You can use it as a cheek highlighter, lip color, or eyeshadow!

7 heidi kokborg October 13, 2012 at 11:01 am

Your breakfast looks so yummy! And I love Sephora – they make some amazing products :)
heidi kokborg recently posted..Smoothie ideas

8 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles October 13, 2012 at 11:17 am

I love Sephora, but the wallet certainly doesn’t. :-p Cannot go wrong with a good smokey eye!

(or a quesadilla, for that matter. Thinking I need some tacos this week).
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Pork and Bean Chili.

9 Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 13, 2012 at 11:33 am

Sephora is seriously my favorite store to go into… the only problem is that I never usually end up walking out of there with at least $100 missing from my wallet :? But hey, a girl’s gotta have fun, right? :D
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... [not enough] food anxiety .

10 michelle kim October 13, 2012 at 11:42 am

Do you have a heat lamp? I use mine when it’s just me in the house (because I feel the heating the whole house when only I’m in it is too much).
When I used to have cats and the weather got cold, they would sprawl out near it, hehe.
michelle kim recently posted..Fun Friday Recap

11 Julie October 13, 2012 at 12:00 pm

Nothing like friends and some shopping to brighten any day! I hope this weekend and next week are much happier for you. Sending good thoughts your way!
Julie recently posted..BLWB’s First Birthday

12 Chelsea @ GlitterAndSweat October 13, 2012 at 12:39 pm

I don’t know what to do when i don’t have bananas in the house lol

it’s about the same degrees at my house, carrying around the huge green micro fleece blanket, i can’t go anywhere around it without it lol
Chelsea @ GlitterAndSweat recently posted..Crap Buckets

13 Taryn October 13, 2012 at 1:47 pm

I too am getting bored with my eye make-up routine. I love Sephora but hate the thought of splurging on eye-shadow that I can’t rock like I hoped I would! Have fun playing with the new goods!

14 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More October 13, 2012 at 2:17 pm

It’s definitely a chilly one here today, too! My dad said it was supposed to be in the 60s but as we were picking apples this morning, we were all a bit cold (and wet from the rain). Needless to say, a hot cup of coffee after was perfect!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Top Cool Weather Running Tips!

15 Connie @ Livin' Lean October 13, 2012 at 2:29 pm

I know you how feel..my hands and feet are frozen, and my lips are actually slightly purple haha..my apt building controls the heat, and they haven’t turned it on yet!! I go to bed with socks and a sweatshirt and wake up as a popsicle :)
Connie @ Livin’ Lean recently posted..Homemade Raw Chocolate

16 Michelle@Peachy Palate October 13, 2012 at 2:49 pm

I checked back the three posts to see what the quesadilla used to be like….oh my god I would have been so disappointed especially if I’d arrived hungry, they changed so much! Once it still tasted good though! We’re at 50 degrees in Ireland….during the hottest part of the day, the heat is on!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Grabbed My Attention

17 Lisa October 13, 2012 at 3:18 pm

It’s freezing here too. I think it was in the 40′s this morning, but now it has warmed up to the 60′s. Since it’s the first sunny weekend in weeks I put away all the patio furniture. Looks empty, but bring on the fall. Enjoy your weekend.

18 Lisa October 13, 2012 at 3:28 pm

I heart Sephora. I always feel better with a little shopping spree there;)
It gets so darn expensive though!
Its finally starting to feel like Fall over here as well! I’ve already turned on the heat though, I couldn’t resist.
Lisa recently posted..Spice And Stuff

19 kim@hungryhealthygirl October 13, 2012 at 3:40 pm

Looks like a great weekend for you! It’s been awile since I’ve had Kodiak cakes too. I think I’ll experiment and mix in some pumpkin with them tomorrow.
kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..Friday Fun with a running popquiz

20 Em @. Yep. I Ate That. October 13, 2012 at 3:47 pm

We were on the same wave this morning. I had some Kodiak cakes panackes too! I like getting alone time (well, with a drink) before a dinner but I seem to always be running late so it doesn’t happen often.
Em @. Yep. I Ate That. recently posted..Staying Healthy While Traveling…It’s Possible!

21 Bek @ Crave October 13, 2012 at 5:43 pm

Hmmm, I can get very possessive of my bananas! Lucky my family knows this now and I always by MORE than enough..just in case ;)
Bek @ Crave recently posted..SlimPasta

22 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey October 13, 2012 at 8:21 pm

John knows to tell me when he takes the last banana. Otherwise, all hell breaks loose!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..fun facts friday

23 Becka @ simplybecka October 15, 2012 at 10:58 am

A little retail therapy never hurt anyone. hehehe Have a great day. ^_^
Becka @ simplybecka recently posted..just say “Yes!”…

24 Julia October 15, 2012 at 11:27 pm

I’m glad your day got brighter :-)

What type of bronzer do you use?

25 Courtney October 16, 2012 at 8:14 am

NARS Laguna. It’s the BEST :)