Always Hoppin’

by Courtney on October 14, 2012

This post was actually supposed to go up a few hours ago – not quite sure what happened?! Ahh well…just a little delayed. But at least now I can say “Goooo JETS!”

*****

Well, right now I’m most likely on my way back home from the Jets game (since I wrote this post this morning), so let’s hope that they actually did decent and it’s a good ride home. If not, well then you have permission to feel sorry for me. Haha.

So yesterday afternoon I got a text from my friend Mal asking if Jay and I were free to meet up for dinner at one of our favorite spots EVER, Brown’s. Jay was actually working most of the day so I wasn’t sure if we were going to be able to make it, but once I let him know that Brown’s was a possibility, he made sure to get back home in time. Yippee!!

Around 7:30, we headed down to Brown’s, put our name in for a table, and headed to the bar to grab a couple of beers while we waited for Brian and Mal. They didn’t have my favorite Cherry Raspberry on tap, but they DID have Pumpkin Ale baaaaaack.

IMG_0224IMG_0227

This made me a very happy camper.

(Side note: I was thinking this morning as I was typing this, “Okay, wow. My readers all must thing I’m a total booze-face.” This week seemed to include quite a bit of alcohol, but I promise…I’m not always this bad. I do like me a few beverages now and then though, so I’m not apologizing.) Winking smile

Shortly after we got our beers, our fantastic friends, Brian & Mal arrived, and about an hour later we got a table for dinner (Brown’s is ALWAYS hoppin’ on the weekends!).

The boys

The gals

We ended up ordering some potato skins to share amongst the table to start. I can usually go wither way with potato skins, so I had half of one to see how they tasted. They were definitely good. I probably would have gone back for more but I wanted to save room for my dinner.

And that dinner of choice was their Roasted Mediterranean sandwich, which came with eggplant, zucchini, yellow squash, roasted red peppers, portabella mushrooms and provolone cheese on a Multi-Grain Ciabatta.

It also came with a roasted garlic aioli, which I ordered on the side and am so glad that I did…it was good, but WOW was it garlicky. Whew!

In true Brown’s fashion, I also got the sweet potato fries because, well, I don’t think I can ever eat dinner at Brown’s without having them. They’re just that good.

Hope everyone’s weekend is winding down nicely…did it fly by for anyone else, or is it just us? Sheesh!

1 chelcie @ chelcie's food files October 14, 2012 at 8:25 pm

haha thats funny i feel like my readers sometimes feel the same way about me but a few drinks every now and then i think is a good thing :) especially pumpkin ale..yum!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..Fun Facts Friday 10/12

2 Kristen @ notsodomesticated October 14, 2012 at 8:30 pm

Those sweet potato fries make me want to jump through the screen and grab them off of your plate! Wow!!

3 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey October 14, 2012 at 8:34 pm

Meh, sometimes you need a boozy week to get you through! ;)
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..fun facts friday

4 Marielle October 14, 2012 at 8:43 pm

It’s okay to be a booze-face once in awhile :) That dinner looked amazing! I haven’t had any pumpkin ale yet this year, I’m on the search!
Marielle recently posted..Booty Shaper Workout

5 Natalie@ free range human October 14, 2012 at 8:44 pm

I think I can take care of the rest of those potato skins!!
Natalie@ free range human recently posted..Just What I Needed

6 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl October 14, 2012 at 8:55 pm

That dinner looks amazing! I am such a sucker for sweet potato fries!
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Because We All Need a Little Inspiration Now and Then…

7 Danica @ It's Progression October 14, 2012 at 9:01 pm

No matter what I try I can never make homemade sweet potato fries taste quite as good as the ones I get at a local restaurant too…yours looks (and sound) delicious too!
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..a makeover!

8 Amanda @Live. Laugh. Learn. October 14, 2012 at 9:15 pm

Nothing wrong with a few brews here and there! :) The cherry raspberry beer you talk about sounds delicious!
Amanda @Live. Laugh. Learn. recently posted..Weekend Festivities

9 Sarah B. October 14, 2012 at 10:57 pm

Last weekend when I was out with friends watching the reds playoff game, I ordered sweet potato fries (naturally, because I’m mildly obsessed) and they were hands down the best kind I’ve ever had. They also came with apple butter sauce for dipping and it legit could have passed for dessert!

Still, a week later, on cloud 9 from tasting those bad boys (clearly).
Sarah B. recently posted..The Nap That Wasn’t

10 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles October 14, 2012 at 11:08 pm

Nothing wrong with occasionally boozing it up. :-p My birthday is in a week and a half, so I can promise a lot of alcohol appearing on my blog around then.
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Candy Corn and Sushi Comas.

11 michelle kim October 14, 2012 at 11:12 pm

Yum! Lots of garlic aioli sounds awesome! And those sweet potato fries look delicious. You must have had a fun weekend (seeing as it flew by ;) ).
michelle kim recently posted..The Long Run That Super Duper Wasn’t

12 Alicia October 15, 2012 at 12:06 am

Congrats on your Jets game! My Saints didn’t play this week so I was able to concentrate on all the other teams out there!

Those sweet potato fries look delicious!
Alicia recently posted..Proud Owner of a 2013!

13 Khushboo October 15, 2012 at 12:49 am

Alcohol is good for the heart :)
Khushboo recently posted..My current favorite packed lunch…

14 Julie October 15, 2012 at 1:05 am

I’ll eat sweet potato fries anywhere–I love them! And yes, this weekend flew by, as they always do. So sad. :-P
Julie recently posted..Scenes from the Weekend

15 Kathy October 15, 2012 at 6:32 am

Your order looks so good….any time being out with friends/a beautiful day and a BEER no need to explain! Mmmm….especially a Punkin flavored one. ;-)

The weekend flew by and with this week being MEA ( kids have off Thurs./Fri. from school) I know the week will too….Hello Halloween!
Kathy recently posted..Silent Sunday

16 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake October 15, 2012 at 6:33 am

Sadly, the weekends always seem to fly by! Wah. :-(

Those sweet potato fries look amazing!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Event Review: TASTE Festival of Food, Wine and Spirits

17 Bek @ Crave October 16, 2012 at 2:46 am

You don’t have to apologise for drinking- it’s good to see someone can be truly healthy and enjoy life! :)
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Nuts about Chobani