Jets Game + Yoga Challenge, Week 2

Hey, friends! How was the weekend? Do anything fun? I actually had a pretty awesome weekend, in case ya missed it…

And now, here’s the rest of my weekend…at the Jets football game!

Jay, my parents, and I headed down to East Rutherford, NJ early yesterday morning to get there in time for a little tailgating. There was, of course, a pit stop at DD’s which included a pumpkin spice coffee + a cinnamon raisin bagel with pumpkin cream cheese…just in case you were worried I wasn’t getting my fix. Winking smile

When we left my parents house in the morning, the weather was gross. Rainy, cold, windy…definitely NOT ideal football weather for me. By the time we made it down to the stadium, it was still pretty chilly and cloudy but it was dry so I couldn’t complain. Plus, it wasn’t nearly as chilly as this game from a couple years ago…that was a brutal one.

Thank goodness my parents had a huge Jets blanket in the back of the car. I cuddled up with that and a little bit of mom’s homemade chex mix. YUM.

We actually didn’t do the full-on tailgate like we did last year. We had a few snacks for when we got down there and then we had some stuff ready for us for after the game, so we just sort of hung out for a bit and got jealous of all the wonderful aromas of people cooking around us.

Oh hey, husband. Winking smile

I didn’t wind up taking too many photos during the game because really, how many different photos can you view of a football game when you’re way up in the upper deck, right? Right.

Thankfully, by the time we made it up to our seats, the sun was out, there was a beautiful breeze, and the weather was absolutely perfect. Seriously, a great day to watch a football game – we got so lucky!

About halfway through the third quarter, my stomach started to growl and it was actually pretty warm out. Then, all of a sudden, I see a little kid walk up the stairs with some sort of ice cream/icy thing and I just needed to have it. So I made a beeline to the food stands to find out just what it was and where it was so I could get one of my own…

Success.

And despite the fact that this little thing was a whopping $8.00, it was totally worth it. Vanilla soft serve* (*edited: not vanilla soft serve,  it’s vanilla custard) – some sort of orange-mango flavored Italian ice, and more vanilla soft serve custard.

Jay and I shared that thing of beauty while cheering our Jets on to a victory. WOO HOO!

After the game, we all headed back to the car and hung out for a bit while eating our packed subs. I got sliced deli chicken, provolone cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and pickles.

The sub was massive, so I ate half while tailgating and am saving the other half for what will most likely be today’s lunch. Shortly after eating, we packed it up and hit the road to head back home…definitely a great day out with family!

*****

Oh boy, I’m not quite ready for this one…

October Yoga Challenge – Week 2 Recap

The second week of the October Yoga Challenge has come and gone and, well, let me be blunt. I failed miserably this week.

My Challenge: Do 3 yoga sessions for the week

Actual: 1 yoga session (10lb. Slimdown Xtreme Yoga DVD – 40 minutes)

This past week was just not a good week. Plain and simple. With my frustrations on the rise, I felt myself gravitating more and more towards running so I just went with that and it felt wonderful. The one yoga session that I did do was really anything but “zen.” My mind was wondering all over the place, I couldn’t concentrate, and I was falling out of poses I usually have no problem with…thus making me more frustrated.

Needless to say, me and yoga were not exactly a “thing” for week 2 of this challenge, BUT, I’m determined to get back into the swing of things again for this next week. Hey, maybe I’ll even get a chance to try out a class at a local studio?!

Alright, so I’m hoping that you guys all did better this week than I did…let’s see it!

10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.

( Collection closed )
Link tool by Inlinkz

Comments

I didn’t do very well either – so I’m kinda glad to read your results ;) Looks like you guys had fun at the game! I’d love to watch american football some day! I’ve been to a baseball match once in Wichita and loved it! I don’t care for Dutch (European style) football that much so I never go to sports matches, other sports aren’t as big here… anyway. Have a great week! Love, Leanne
    Leanne recently posted..Yoga Challenge – Bellydancing – Salsa

Looks like you had a great time at the game! The sun even seemed to come out a bit while you were eating your sweet treat.. Or maybe the light was shining like a spotlight on it?! Ha! Sorry you had a rough yoga week, but I think we all have times like that when our mind is going a mile a minute and it’s hard to block out the stresses! You are such a positive woman though and I know you will be out of this funk very soon! Hang in there! I predict you have a better yoga week ahead :)
    Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..Apple-Cinnamon Harvest Oatmeal

I’ve been faithfully following the yoga challenge! I did 2 sessions last week. Meant to do three, but I got sick this weekend so I didn’t get in as much activity as I would have liked.
    Kristy Doyle recently posted..Sciatica

I met my yoga challenge for the week with 2 40 minutes yoga sessions. I did, however, find myself not as into it this week (hey, some weeks are better than others, right?). Maybe because I have been using the same yoga DVD over and over? I might need to mix things up. Anyone have any suggestions for great yoga DVDs? I am currently using Body by Bethenny (which I love!).
    Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Because We All Need a Little Inspiration Now and Then…

Yeah. I need to do Yoga. Especially after this morning’s leg workout (Brutal!). Need to stretch everything out, but I haven’t been doing it like I’d wanted to. After work, I definitely will. :-)

Sounds like a fun weekend. I don’t really care for football (I do NOT understand it, even after my uncle, a referie, tried explaining it to me), but it still looks like a good time to hang out. I did find I enjoyed baseball a lot more once I understood how it’s done. Maybe I should give football another chance one day. *shrugs*
    Beks recently posted..LiveFit Phase 1: Weeks 1 and 2

6. Nicole says

How fun that you went to the Jets game – my hubby went yesterday too and left very happy!

I love love love Ritas! They have a few down here on Long Island, one of which is strategically down the street from my office :) They make “Slenderitas” which is a fat-free version of the vanilla custard paired with any of their ices. SOOOO good and you can’t even tell that its healthier!

p.s. Where did you get your sunglasses? I just broke mine and I love yours!

• Courtney says

Haha, thanks! I actually had it down but it was getting to breezy so I literally just threw it up in a “messy bun” as Jay likes to call it ;)

You two are so cuuuute! This girl needs to do more yoga. Or stretching in general.

I’m all about the Rita’s! Can’t believe it was so expensive! Football games are soo worth it though ;)

8. Becky Przy says

The football game looked like so much fun:-) Happy to hear you had a fun time.

Yoga challenge went great for me this week–I took 1 class and did 3 (20 minute) sessions at home. I currently am on the ‘no intense exercise’ plan, so I think yoga is helping (a bit) w/my stress/frustration of not being able to run. Plus i know its a great habit to get into (and continue) when I start running again.

Hey Court – small world! I don’t live far from the jets stadium.. i am in CT right outside nyc! Looks like you guys had a blast at the game.. I had some friends there tailgating yesterday, actually. I have been to ONE jets game my whole life and I have to say, football in person is so much more fun…obviously! I LOVE huge subs… had one myself on Saturday…and I am a sucker for turkey and MAYO..yes I love mayo, haha.

Hope you are having a great start to the week!
    Eva @ Committed2Nutrition recently posted..Monday & on a pork kick

I didn’t complete the challenge this week, I did 2 of 3. I hurt my back some how pretty bad and was hard to do much exercise at all, much less move around. After a restful weekend I am feeling much better. I hope week 3 of the challenge goes better for you. Hope you are feeling better too. I completely understand how life can get in the way of itself. Have a great week. ^_^
    Becka @ simplybecka recently posted..the middle path…

11. Christina says

I highly recommend getting into a yoga studio :) Be sure to try out a few studios and different instructors and types of yoga so you can find what works best for you :) Most studios offer a discounted introductory special to new students, too, to help with the cost.

I can’t believe you’ve never had Ritas before!!! It is one of my favorite places :) Also, I drove home to DC yesterday from NYC and drove past the MetLife stadium right around the time the game was starting. I remember thinking “I bet Courtney is watching this” (because I don’t know any other Jets fans) and I had no idea you were actually there! Very cool!

13. Alison says

I’ve always wanted to try Rita’s custards! I’ve only tried their Italian ice and that’s also amazing :) Glad you got great weather! Homecoming games were freezinggggg for me. I had to go home because my hands were going to fall off.