Stocking Up On Things

It’s been a busy, busy day over here today! Alright, let’s see…where did we leave off?

Oh, right. Yoga. Okay…let me tell you guys something about yoga. It is awesome.

I decided to switch it up from my usual DVD’s as of late and popped in my Yoga Bootcamp DVD. I did the 40-minute Core Strength session and that this is SERIOUS. Serious as in, it made yesterday’s run feel like a walk (haha) in the park. It was a tough one – and I loved it!

Shortly after yoga, I spent some time working on a couple of client training plans before having some lunch…which happened in a few different stages.

Around noon, I finished up the rest of last night’s sweet tuna salad and the end of a bag of Kashi crackers for dipping.

Right after I finished that, I grabbed a pear from the fruit basket and had that. It was seriously the best pear I’ve had in months…SO good!

Once I finished that up (and finished visiting with the hubby who came home for lunch) I headed out to run a few errands. My first stop: Sam’s Club.

Jay and I probably don’t utilize our membership here nearly as much as we should, considering the last time we went to stock up was back in April. Today was a light load – Jay needed granola bars, we’re almost out of Truvia (our coffee sweetener of choice), and we needed a couple of other things – it honestly wasn’t all that exciting at all.

I mean, who really enjoys buying paper towels and garbage bags? Winking smile

While browsing around the store, I did (of course) manage to take advantage of a couple of free samples.

That yogurt-covered granola bar was really good, but when I went to check them out, they were too pricey (almost $1.20 per bar – meh) so I passed.

After Sam’s Club was a Target trip to stock up on all sorts of other boring essentials, but I did grab myself a little treat from Starbucks to sip on while I browsed.

I was trying to remember what a few of you had told me before about cheaper alternatives to a pumpkin spice latte, and after putting a call out on Twitter, I realized it was a misto. So I ordered a grande soy misto with 1 pump of pumpkin syrup, and guess what?

It was probably only 50 cents cheaper after adding in the soy + syrup. HA!

Even though it was tasty, I’m thinking from now on I’ll just stick with my PSL.

My last stop for the afternoon was to pick up a couple of pumpkins for our front steps because, well, it’s fall and we needed pumpkins.

I actually have grand plans to do something fun with the bigger one on Saturday, so keep your fingers crossed that it actually works.

I also happened to notice a little orange critter waiting for me in the window when I got home…can you spot Waldo Cody? Smile

We actually think that Cody may have caught a little kitty cold. He’s been much more mellow than usual, with a few extra eye boogers and he sounds stuffy (haha, is that weird to say about a cat?). He does seem to be a bit more spunky today than he was yesterday so we’re hoping he’ll back to himself soon!

Shortly after walking through the door, I ended up munching on a crapload of kettlecorn because the stuff is awesome and I needed something to hold me off until dinner.

Not sure what’s on the agenda for dinner yet, so for now I’m playing a little catch-up with my emails while listening to 311 Radio on Pandora. <—I just love that station (“Love Song” was our first dance song at our wedding, after all!) especially when I need a change from all the overplayed hip hop and R&B that’s always on the radio.

Hope everyone’s having a great Wednesday!

P.S. – Ahhhh, “Love Song” literally just came on as I was finishing up this post. <3 <3

Question for the Evening:

What are your favorite types of music to listen to?

Comments

1. Shannon says

Favorite genres of music are country and the Top 40 hits. I do get sick of Today’s Hits Radio from Pandora sometimes- I hear the songs they pick all the time and I want to hear something different for once.

What a great wedding song! My husband and I didn’t like the one we chose for our wedding so we recently decided to pick a new one. Its much more fitting! According to music choice on Verizon, I like alternative ;)
    Shana recently posted..Total Recall

3. monique says

Hi Coutney… I actually have a question about cupcakes lol…. I remember reading that when you had to make some orders your baked a few days before and froze. I was wondering if you kept them in the fridge or freezer and how long would you recommend taking them to defrost and ice??

• Courtney says

Hey Monique!
      I actually don’t usually freeze cupcakes – if I’m baking them a couple of days before I’ll just store them in the fridge (covered) and they’re fine.
      I’ve heard of people freezing cupcakes and I’ve also heard people have better success when they freeze them unfrosted. Unfortunately though, I don’t have much personal advice to offer since I’ve never put mine in the freezer.
      Good luck!

4. Dora says

That kettle corn is my FAVORITE! A girl that works for me used to work there. Her parents still work there and she’s always bringing me some of that red bag popcorn. I just bought the cinnamon kettle corn from Whole Foods to try it tonight!

Is it weird that I love sam’s club trips? I can’t help it! Also, can’t wait to see what you do with your pumpkin! I’m doing mine next weekend… mostly just so I can bake the pumpkin seeds :)
    Sarah recently posted..Happy Hump Day!

Thanks for reminding me that I have to pick up some pumpkins this weekend! Hard to believe that we’re already halfway through the month to Halloween…

My taste in music is kind of all over the place, and I’ll listen to pretty much anything as long as I like the melody or beat, but I think my favorites would have to be rock and alternative – they’re especially great for getting a good workout in :D
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... WIAW … snacking all day .

I love most music except country music (sorry ya’ll!). I am a southern girl but for some reason do not understand most country music except Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood and Rascal Flatts…that is the type of country music I do actually like. :) I love oldies, hip hop, rock, rap, you name it!
    Madison recently posted..Tone-It-Up Tuesday Circuit Style

8. Elisabeth says

Not a music comment, but instead of a PSL, I get a blonde roast with 2 pumps of pumpkin syrup and non-fat milk. It’s around $2.65 for a grande, so a little less than the latte. I thought you used to order it that way? Maybe I imagined it. :) The only time I actually get a latte is when I have a free drink coupon.

• Courtney says

Yes, I do do that! I was just looking for something that had a little more creaminess (aka more milk) so I decided to give it a go. I definitely do like your combo though! :)

Can’t wait to see what you do with your big pumpkin! I will probably get some to carve a few days before Halloween. If we do it any sooner, they turn to much and get all gross….especially when the weather has been in the high 80’s still.

As for music, I like a variety. Country, Texas County, top 40, alternative, Christian…the list goes on.
    Suzanne @ Fit MInded Mom recently posted..Sleep and Shots

Yeah those mistos USED to be cheaper when Sbux allowed free soy and syrup for their gold card members. Now they are screwing everyone. I guess they got smart. :)
    Lauren recently posted..Big News!

is that a Lululemon top I spy with the thumbholes??? I usually get the PS misto but im thinking i may need to switch it up and go with the real PSL thangg. :)

12. Regan says

I have to share with you..Misto’s used to be a great deal..if you had a registered card….a tall with soy or syrup or both was 2.37….because soy/syrup was free…but they took that AWESOME deal…away on Tuesday the 16th………BOOOOOO!

Although this isn’t going to be helpful for now, I usually save on iced lattes by ordering an iced Americano…once they make it, I ask them to add in a bit of soy milk. Cheeky maybe but I shell out enough at Starbucks on a regular basis to make up for it ;)
    Khushboo recently posted..Wednesday Wafflin’

14. Rachel S. says

All I can see in the photos is your thumb through your sleeve. Please tell me where you got the wonderful shirt you are wearing. I love those types of tops.

Yep, we just did the Sam’s Club trip too. And even bought the same paper towels! We normally go to Costco, but I had to pick up a few things for work & I felt so lost at Sam’s! I tried a misto with pumpkin in it yesterday too. For as little as I drink it, I think I’ll stick with the real deal from now on. :)
    Trisha recently posted..Color Me Rad