Outrageous Oatmeal Cookie

by Courtney on October 18, 2012

Hey, happy Thursday, friends! What’s shakin’ this morning?

Last Night’s Goodies

As far as dinner goes, it wasn’t anything crazy, but it was delicious. I’m also testing out a couple new placemats I picked up from Target yesterday – yay? nay?

Would you guys believe that last week I still managed to get ONE more zucchini from our garden? I swear, I thought those plants were done about five different times, yet they continued to amaze me (No more surprises now – the frost has taken over).

So last night, I sautéed up our final zucchini with a little olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, and a couple splashes of balsamic vinaigrette.

I also cooked up a couple of sweet potatoes for me and the boy (microwave first, toaster oven with salt, pepper, and garlic powder after for ~10 mins) and we topped them with the last container we had of leftover chili from last week plus a little plain Greek yogurt.

These potatoes wound up tasting soooo good. Gosh, I love a good sweet potato – in any form!

Shortly after dinner, Jay was headed out for the evening so I got myself situated and settled in on the couch for what turned out to be a solid three hours of television.

I know. How lame and lazy of me, right? Ehh, whatever. It was Wednesday…lots of good TV to watch. (The Middle –> DVR’d Mike & Molly –> Modern Family –> Suburgatory –> Nashville)

While laughing through my favorite Wednesday night comedies, I also enjoyed a special little treat…

So there’s this local place out near my in-laws called The Lighthouse. They’re a bakery and deli, but they also serve Hershey’s ice cream (I can also attest to the fact that they also make some amazing homemade ice cream cakes!). A couple of years ago, I discovered that they sometimes carry a flavor called Outrageous Oatmeal Cookie, which absolutely rocks my world.

It had been forever since I last had it, but my father-in-law actually surprised me yesterday by dropping off a small container of it just for me. How awesome is that?!

Good TV + warm, cozy blanket + good ice cream = a fantastic evening.

The only thing making it better? This guy…

Shortly after I finished up my ice cream and had a free lap, it wasn’t long before my Codester came up for some cuddles. He curled right up and stayed there for probably a good two hours, only moving because he heard Jay pulling up in the driveway. He’s been all about the fetch this morning too, so I’m thinking he’s on the mend!

Breakfast this morning wasn’t anything you haven’t seen over and over and over

I’m still waiting for the day when I suddenly realize that I’m sick of peanut butter and waffles. So far, there are no signs whatsoever. Winking smile

1 Elaine October 18, 2012 at 9:21 am

I say yay for the placemats! They are great for fall. :)

And that ice cream looks aaamazing. I love Oatmeal cookies and cannot imagine how good that must be in ice cream. I need to get my hands on some of that!
Elaine recently posted..Snickersnaps

2 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries October 18, 2012 at 9:22 am

Yum! That ice cream sounds incredible! Glad you got a cozy night in last night – those are the best!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..10/18: Thursday Thoughts

3 Khushboo October 18, 2012 at 9:32 am

Your FIL sounds like a gem…so thoughtful of him!
Khushboo recently posted..Wednesday Wafflin’

4 Kelly M October 18, 2012 at 9:35 am

Whoa…the ice cream DOES look amazing! Great, now I’m thinking about ice cream and it’s still breakfast time.

Loved Modern Family last night too!

5 chelcie @ chelcie's food files October 18, 2012 at 9:36 am

omg oatmeal cookie ice cream sounds amazing..a place called JP licks near my hometown has the best oatmeal cookie frozen yogurt..i will definitely be going and getting some when I am home for thanksgiving break!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..WIAW-”off” day of eats

6 Courtney October 18, 2012 at 9:38 am

That sounds awwwwwwwesome! :)

7 Danielle @ Itsaharleyyylife October 18, 2012 at 9:48 am

I love the outrageous Oatmeal Cookie ice cream from Hersheys! We have an ice cream shop right down the street that offers Hersheys and its my favorite!
Danielle @ Itsaharleyyylife recently posted..Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies

8 Sarah October 18, 2012 at 9:51 am

That ice cream looks so, so good! I can’t remember the last time I had some! And I used to eat it every night! I know what I’m having for dessert tonight… sounds like a wonderful night :)
Sarah recently posted..Pin-Filled Thursday

9 Dalis October 18, 2012 at 9:55 am

Hey Courtney-
As a long time reader, I am concerned about you. Since last Wednesday when you mentioned going to a doctor’s appointment, you haven’t seemed like yourself. Is everything okay? I know you were struggling with HA and hope it is getting better:)

10 Courtney October 18, 2012 at 9:59 am

Hey, Dalis – thanks for your concern.
My bad week actually didn’t really have anything to do with my HA, but I am doing much better this week.
I appreciate you checking in! :)

11 kim@hungryhealthygirl October 18, 2012 at 10:03 am

Your dinner looked simple, yet delicious. I absolutely LOVE a good sweet potato too!
kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..Chicken Pesto Wrap

12 Julianna @ Julianna Bananna October 18, 2012 at 10:31 am

that ice cream sounds SO good!! and i am definitely a little jealous of your snuggle time with cody – one of the hardest things for me about being in college is missing all of my lil pumpkins at home (i have 4 cats!)! i can’t wait until thanksgiving break because i’m going to smother them in hugs and kisses for 3 days straight. haha ;)
Julianna @ Julianna Bananna recently posted..the bad and the good.

13 Michelle@Peachy Palate October 18, 2012 at 10:34 am

Sounds like the perfect evening to me! And you will never get sick of peanut butter and waffles, it isn’t humanly possible!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Breaking the bake habit

14 Rachel October 18, 2012 at 10:41 am

awww cuddling with cats are the best :D I love when mine decides to stop being a lil monster and be all cute haha
Rachel recently posted..Welcome Back Oat Bran!

15 Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 18, 2012 at 10:43 am

Definitely sounds like a fabulous evening, and I can only imagine how amazing that ice cream must taste. Oatmeal cookies are, without a doubt, my favorite kind of cookies, so to have them in ice cream form would be a dream come true.

Glad Cody is feeling better!
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... WIAW … snacking all day .

16 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles October 18, 2012 at 11:07 am

That ice cream sounds so good!

And you can never go wrong with a good sweet potato. :-)
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Canadian Classic.

17 Marielle October 18, 2012 at 11:13 am

Lazy night on the couch are pretty awesome. :)
And that ice cream sounds amazing……hmmmm….I’ll be thinking about that all day now!
Marielle recently posted..Use Your Core!

18 Eva @ Committed2Nutrition October 18, 2012 at 11:22 am

That is so nice of your father in law.. the flavor sounds freakin’ awesome. Sounds like such a great evening! and I hear you on getting sick of the pb waffle breakfast – I keep thinking I’d be sick of oatbran over night oats with PB (amongs other fix-ins) and NOPE… phewwww, love them way too much, ha. Happy Thursday!
Eva @ Committed2Nutrition recently posted..Overdue Update and Klutch Box Review

19 Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness October 18, 2012 at 11:51 am

That ice cream looks amazing! Sometimes you need to just relax in front of the TV with some ice cream! Wednesday night comedies are my favorite!
Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness recently posted..Paleo Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache

20 Alysia @ Slim Sanity October 18, 2012 at 12:06 pm

Modern Family is probably one of the best shows ever! There’s no better way to spend a Wednesday evening! :)
Alysia @ Slim Sanity recently posted..pumpkin…muffins or cupcakes?

21 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl October 18, 2012 at 12:09 pm

I LOVE a good sweet potato and your idea of topping it with leftover chili sounds fantastic. I will have to try it next time I make a batch of veggie chili!
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..WIAW: October 17, 2012

22 Kerry @ Totes My Oats October 18, 2012 at 12:31 pm

That ice cream sounds absolutely amazing! How nice of your father-in-law!
Kerry @ Totes My Oats recently posted..In the Pumpkin Patch

23 Annette@FitnessPerks October 18, 2012 at 12:53 pm

I like the placemat!

And I am all about some quality couch time once in awhile with a niiiiice bowl of ice cream. Mmmm.
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Food Motivation

24 Natalie @ Free Range Human October 18, 2012 at 1:52 pm

That looks like a whole evening full of great eats! I’d really like to try the sweet potato and chili combo.

25 Bethany @ Accidental Intentions October 18, 2012 at 2:16 pm

I had peanut butter and waffles for the first time ever yesterday for breakfast and thought of you! Sadly I didn’t have any bananas on hand, but I did top them with chia seeds. It was SUCH a good breakfast! I’ve had some variation of oatmeal (either of the overnight or cooked variety) nearly every MWF for breakfast for over a year now, and I’m reaaaaalllllllyy ready to move on to something more interesting/tasty/even easier to make than putting water and oatmeal in a bowl and popping it in the microwave haha.
Bethany @ Accidental Intentions recently posted..Thursday Things

26 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction October 18, 2012 at 2:30 pm

This blog post is making me hungryyyyyyyyyy and I JUST had lunch! I want that potato!
Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..Amica Half-Marathon Recap #2

27 Mollie @Sprinkles of Life October 18, 2012 at 2:33 pm

Lovin the new placemats!
Mollie @Sprinkles of Life recently posted..Lunch Date at La Mie Bakery

28 Carissa October 18, 2012 at 3:12 pm

I love your Cody pic! I love when babies snuggle up! It makes me so very happy!

I also love the chili sweet potato idea! I’m totally making that when it’s not 90 degrees here.
Carissa recently posted..Eight is Great Cardio Challenge

29 Ashley @ LibertyBelles October 18, 2012 at 3:28 pm

That ice cream looks amazing!!
Ashley @ LibertyBelles recently posted..Credit Card Caveat

30 Lauren October 18, 2012 at 4:38 pm

I think you told me this, but don’t you in-law’s live in PA? Or used to?
Lauren recently posted..The Winning Mac and Cheese

31 Courtney October 18, 2012 at 4:40 pm

Nope…nobody out in PA.
I think you’re just trying to get me to come and visit you ;) (which is totally okay by me, lol)

32 Alicia Orozco October 18, 2012 at 5:10 pm

I seriously need to try that waffle and pb! It always looks so good!
Alicia Orozco recently posted..First Flue + the Quesaco

33 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake October 18, 2012 at 5:33 pm

I’m super-jealous of your evening. I’d kill for a night of vegging out and watching TV… maybe tomorrow since it’ll be Friday after all!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..WIAW – Week 31

34 Megan@funsizedfitness October 18, 2012 at 8:23 pm

I could eat peanut butter waffles every morning too!!!! Have you ever made yours into a sandwich? (I highly recommend it!)
Megan@funsizedfitness recently posted..Healthy Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Frozen Delight!

35 Bek @ Crave October 19, 2012 at 7:29 am

Haha don’t worry that time won’t come! Ahh, don’t worry about watching lots of tv- seems like a good relaxing night. Plus ice-cream is a big bonus ;)
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Didn’t come quick enough!

36 Jentry Nielsen October 19, 2012 at 2:13 pm

Love the placemats! I think they’re adorable!
That ice cream sounds so delicious! I love nights like that at home, not that I don’t love hanging out with the boy, it’s nice to have the home all to yourself to do nothing at all! Love it!
Jentry Nielsen recently posted..How Long Does It Take To Burn Off That Big Mac?!

37 Meghan @ After the Ivy League October 19, 2012 at 2:14 pm

Finally had time to watch the premiere of Nashville last night and holy crap. Loving that show!! So good!
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..Life Lately

38 Holly October 19, 2012 at 5:10 pm

HOW oh HOW do I get my hands on some of that oatmeal cookie ice cream?! That is my favorite kind of cookie…and in the form of ice cream!? HOLY MOLY!
Holly recently posted..8.5 Months