Outrageous Oatmeal Cookie

Hey, happy Thursday, friends! What’s shakin’ this morning?

Last Night’s Goodies

As far as dinner goes, it wasn’t anything crazy, but it was delicious. I’m also testing out a couple new placemats I picked up from Target yesterday – yay? nay?

Would you guys believe that last week I still managed to get ONE more zucchini from our garden? I swear, I thought those plants were done about five different times, yet they continued to amaze me (No more surprises now – the frost has taken over).

So last night, I sautéed up our final zucchini with a little olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, and a couple splashes of balsamic vinaigrette.

I also cooked up a couple of sweet potatoes for me and the boy (microwave first, toaster oven with salt, pepper, and garlic powder after for ~10 mins) and we topped them with the last container we had of leftover chili from last week plus a little plain Greek yogurt.

These potatoes wound up tasting soooo good. Gosh, I love a good sweet potato – in any form!

Shortly after dinner, Jay was headed out for the evening so I got myself situated and settled in on the couch for what turned out to be a solid three hours of television.

I know. How lame and lazy of me, right? Ehh, whatever. It was Wednesday…lots of good TV to watch. (The Middle –> DVR’d Mike & Molly –> Modern Family –> Suburgatory –> Nashville)

While laughing through my favorite Wednesday night comedies, I also enjoyed a special little treat…

So there’s this local place out near my in-laws called The Lighthouse. They’re a bakery and deli, but they also serve Hershey’s ice cream (I can also attest to the fact that they also make some amazing homemade ice cream cakes!). A couple of years ago, I discovered that they sometimes carry a flavor called Outrageous Oatmeal Cookie, which absolutely rocks my world.

It had been forever since I last had it, but my father-in-law actually surprised me yesterday by dropping off a small container of it just for me. How awesome is that?!

Good TV + warm, cozy blanket + good ice cream = a fantastic evening.

The only thing making it better? This guy…

Shortly after I finished up my ice cream and had a free lap, it wasn’t long before my Codester came up for some cuddles. He curled right up and stayed there for probably a good two hours, only moving because he heard Jay pulling up in the driveway. He’s been all about the fetch this morning too, so I’m thinking he’s on the mend!

Breakfast this morning wasn’t anything you haven’t seen over and over and over

I’m still waiting for the day when I suddenly realize that I’m sick of peanut butter and waffles. So far, there are no signs whatsoever. Winking smile

Comments

I say yay for the placemats! They are great for fall. :)

And that ice cream looks aaamazing. I love Oatmeal cookies and cannot imagine how good that must be in ice cream. I need to get my hands on some of that!
    Elaine recently posted..Snickersnaps

Whoa…the ice cream DOES look amazing! Great, now I’m thinking about ice cream and it’s still breakfast time.

Loved Modern Family last night too!

That ice cream looks so, so good! I can’t remember the last time I had some! And I used to eat it every night! I know what I’m having for dessert tonight… sounds like a wonderful night :)
    Sarah recently posted..Pin-Filled Thursday

4. Dalis says

Hey Courtney-
    As a long time reader, I am concerned about you. Since last Wednesday when you mentioned going to a doctor’s appointment, you haven’t seemed like yourself. Is everything okay? I know you were struggling with HA and hope it is getting better:)

• Courtney says

Hey, Dalis – thanks for your concern.
      My bad week actually didn’t really have anything to do with my HA, but I am doing much better this week.
      I appreciate you checking in! :)

that ice cream sounds SO good!! and i am definitely a little jealous of your snuggle time with cody – one of the hardest things for me about being in college is missing all of my lil pumpkins at home (i have 4 cats!)! i can’t wait until thanksgiving break because i’m going to smother them in hugs and kisses for 3 days straight. haha 😉
    Julianna @ Julianna Bananna recently posted..the bad and the good.

That is so nice of your father in law.. the flavor sounds freakin’ awesome. Sounds like such a great evening! and I hear you on getting sick of the pb waffle breakfast – I keep thinking I’d be sick of oatbran over night oats with PB (amongs other fix-ins) and NOPE… phewwww, love them way too much, ha. Happy Thursday!
    Eva @ Committed2Nutrition recently posted..Overdue Update and Klutch Box Review

I had peanut butter and waffles for the first time ever yesterday for breakfast and thought of you! Sadly I didn’t have any bananas on hand, but I did top them with chia seeds. It was SUCH a good breakfast! I’ve had some variation of oatmeal (either of the overnight or cooked variety) nearly every MWF for breakfast for over a year now, and I’m reaaaaalllllllyy ready to move on to something more interesting/tasty/even easier to make than putting water and oatmeal in a bowl and popping it in the microwave haha.
    Bethany @ Accidental Intentions recently posted..Thursday Things

• Courtney says

Nope…nobody out in PA.
      I think you’re just trying to get me to come and visit you 😉 (which is totally okay by me, lol)

Trackbacks

1. […] and didn’t feel like getting into anything too elaborate. I cooked a couple sweet potatoes with my microwave/toaster oven method, heated up a can of green beans (don’t judge, I like ‘em), and cooked up a couple Italian-style […]