A Sweet and Salty Salad You Must Try

Well, I went and got my camera back from my parents’ house this morning, so even though it’s old news, here’s a few pics from the day.

Plenty of Jets fan gear all around, as if you didn’t already notice. Winking smile

IMG_4550IMG_4551

My mom put out a great spread of food…I contributed the beer bread you see up there in the corner, but she plenty of cheese and crackers, her taco dip, and cookie dough dip to snack on.

I had a few nibbles from the snack table (mostly the beer bread), but I actually challenged myself to try and hold off on the cookie dough dip until the fourth quarter of the game. Surprisingly enough, I made it to the fourth quarter…but then I went cookie dough dip crazy and probably ate half the bowl.

Okayyy, slight exaggeration. But I had a lot. I promise.

Halfway through the game, I put together a small plate of some of the other hot appetizers – mom’s special meatballs and a couple slices of garbage bread.

Also on the menu yesterday were some “Green Goblins.”

My parents got this shooter recipe when they were in Jamaica earlier this year and it’s pretty good. Not sure exactly what’s in it, but I think I heard pineapple juice, orange juice, blue curacao, and vodka? But who cares…it tastes good. Winking smile

*****

Lunch

I had to take care of the grocery shopping late this morning too, and out of nowhere while walking down one of the aisles I got a craving for a very specific sort of salad. I was in the cereal aisle too, so honestly, I have no idea where this craving came from? But as soon as I got home, my little sweet and salty creation was made…and devoured.

• fresh spinach
  • chopped apple
  • dried cranberries
  • green grapes
  • warm turkey bacon
  • crumbled goat cheese
  • ~3 pecan halves, crumbled
  • raspberry walnut vinaigrette

Oh. My. Goshhhhhhhh. The sweet and salty combo in this salad was insane. There’s really just no other way to describe it. I want another one, like, right now.

You just gotta love when a craving comes together and totally hits the spot, right?

Question for the Afternoon:

Fill in the blank: The last major food craving I had was ____________________ and it tasted ____________________.

Comments

The last major food craving I had was ice cream, and it tasted heavenly!!! :) I just can’t get enough of the stuff…that’s why I make it a treat and wait until I am reallllyy craving it :)

Looks like an awesome spread! That takes some self control to stay away from the cookie dough dip til the 4th quarter! I’m impressed! 😉 The last craving I had was (The Simply Bar Protein) chile chips + cottage cheese and it was amazing. Maybe it sounds weird, but it’s one of my new favorite snacks these days!
    Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..A “Me Time” Weekend

My last food craving was for DOTS, the candy and it tasted fabulous but I was p*ssed because I only had a tiny box(4 dots) and wanted more, lol!!!

That salad is right up my alley!! Nothing has sounded good today until I saw that and now I want one but don’t have the stuff to make it. Waaaahhhhh!!!
    Suzanne @ Fit MInded Mom recently posted..Meal Planning

The last food craving I had was cornflakes. Yes, cornflakes. And it tasted glorious. I hope my next food craving is a little more exciting!

oo cookie dough dip sounds great!! I actually haven’t had a cookie in a while lol the last craving I had was for crackers, they tasted amazing hahaha

The last food I craved was Vietnamese noodle soup and it was perfect for a cold evening (it came out super hot, which I love). It totally warmed me up and felt like comfort food.
    BTW, I made your sweet tuna salad and I’m eating it with multigrain chips. SO GOOD, and so convenient to eat when I don’t have much time between classes. 😀

Fill in the blank: The last major food craving I had was Nutella, so I made a PB Nutella wrap (whole wheat! It was healthy!) and it tasted Sensational! Especially after it took me 20 minutes to dig the Nutella out of the cabinet. It decided to hide from me.

And that salad looks amazing. Like you’d order at a restaurant. I think I might need to give it a try. 😀
    Beks recently posted..Week Three~C’est Finis, and a movie.

8. Shannon says

That is probably the most random salad I’ve ever seen created. Interesting.

The last major food craving I had was spaghetti and meatballs, and that wasn’t even dinner. :(

omigosh – that salad looks sooo good! I love adding fruit like apple or pear to salad – it really kicks it up a notch :) I really need to taste goats cheese too – I usually just pick up feta from the grocery store but if everyone is going for goats cheese it must be pretty good!
    Emilie @ Hungry Delights recently posted..Our Engagement Shoot!

The last major food craving I had was froyo and it tasted so good! swirled birthday cake and salted caramel with frosted animal crackers and a whole bunch of chocolate-y toppings. Amazing.

That salad sounds so tasty! I love a sweet/salty combo…chocolate covered pretzels are some of my favourite things in existence.
    Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Phase 1 Complete + Yoga Fail.

• Courtney says

I haven’t actually done a recap yet! It’ll be coming up later this week, but unfortunately, I haven’t been taking it regularly enough… :(

• Andy says

I tried to take it every day but just couldn’t stick with it! It gave me heartburn and an upset stomach for hours and that’s all I could taste afterwards. ACV burps are not pleasant!! I totally thought I’d be able to handle it though because all I ever use on my salad is straight balsamac and I dump regular vinnegar all over my french fries…..ah well.

11. Avery says

The last major food craving I had was GrapeNuts in milk warmed up in the microwave and drizzled with organic honey and it tasted like my childhood.

12. Janice says

I love that you have Woodchuck in your picture. Woodchuck is my BFF and whenever I see someone else with it, it makes me happy. Cheers.
    BTW, I enjoy reading your blog.

Trackbacks

1. […] make things even better? We still have some beer bread leftover from Sunday’s football game, so I put quite a few pieces of that to good use by adding them as soft “croutons” (err, […]