Yoga Challenge, Week 3

Good morning, friends! How was the weekend? Not too many recaps to catch up on over here…

I would have actually had another recap for you from last night but, alas, I left my camera over at my parents’ house. Of course. It was a fun evening though, despite the awful overtime loss of my Jets (nope, don’t wanna talk about it). We had plenty of good food (mostly the usual spread), and in addition to getting to hang out with the fam, we also got to spend the evening with Seth and Nicole…who I hadn’t seen since their wedding. So much fun!

This morning, I woke up with a craving for cereal…I don’t think I could tell you the last time I was actually craving cereal. Usually I wind up eating it because it’s quick and easy or because there’s nothing else in the house. While the latter was true today, it was definitely still the breakfast of choice.

Today’s bowl included a mix of Multi-Grain Cheerios and Cascadian Farms Ancient Grains Granola, bananas, chia seeds, and unsweetened almond milk.

Super light and yummy.

Now. Since it’s Monday, you know what that means…

October Yoga Challenge – Week 3 Recap

The third week of the October Yoga Challenge has officially passed. Crazy talk, I’ll tell ya. Luckily, I am very happy to report that I rocked it this week on my challenge!

My Challenge: Do 3 yoga sessions for the week

Actual: 3 yoga sessions complete!

• Yoga on Demand video – 25 minutes
  • Yoga Bootcamp: Core Strength DVD – 40 minutes
  • 10lb. Slimdown Yoga DVD – 20 minutes

After doing so horribly the week before, I was determined to meet my challenge this week. My first session was was a random one that I found On Demand on Monday. It was pretty good, and I’d say that I’d probably do it again. The second session I completed was the core strength DVD on Wednesday. I can honestly tell you that that DVD kicked my butt. WOW. The last session I did was on Friday, which combined a 30-minute run/walk on the treadmill with the 20 minute yoga session. It was just a quick one, but it felt great to stretch after the cardio.

Unfortunately, I still haven’t made it out to the studio for a class with my Groupon yet, so maybe we’ll give that another try this week. Either way, I’m feeling much better about the challenge this week, and am once again looking forward to another (hopefully!) successful week. I’m actually thinking a session will be in the cards for later today, since my legs are wicked sore after a short run/walk + some lunges and squats yesterday. Oooof.

So now, let’s see how all of YOU guys did!

( Collection closed )
Link tool by Inlinkz

Glad to see this week went so much better for you! Having a goal definitely helps to keep going with a challenge. I struggled this week, 0 sessions! :(… Hopefully I can step it up this week though! My goal is to just finish one 40 minute session. Doesn’t sound hard, but it definitely takes a lot for me to shut my brain off for yoga! I think that is where I struggle the most, breathing and not thinking!
    Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..An Icy Situation

That breakfast is totally my kind of breakfast…quick, easy, AND delicious. I love Multigrain Cheerios and I actually seriously crave cereal quite often. Thank goodness I crave something easy 😉

Yoga Challenge: I met my challenge goal of doing yoga 2 times this week…barely. Earlier in the week I did a 40 minute yoga session on On Demand (I stole your idea because I was needing something fresh and new). It was a good session. However, as yesterday was nearing the end of the day I still needed to fit in a session. I started a 30 minute session on On Demand, which froze up at minute 9. At first I thought, “well it is just not meant to be!” But I decided to attempt a core strength yoga session online and was glad I did. So it was a bit unconventional and I was not very focused, but I guess I can say I completed the challenge!
    Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..The Perfect Fall Day + Roasted Pumpkin Seeds Recipe

I never thought I was a cereal for breakfast kind of girl either, but since having to give up oatmeal due to intolerances, I’ve found that cereal actually became my breakfast of choice. I may be in trouble now that it’s getting colder though, because I’ve been craving warmer things in the morning and cereal leaves me a bit chilly.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... ending on a sweet note .

Hey Courtney! Just wanted to let you know that I’ve been religiously doing your October yoga challenge, and it feels great to get in the extra stretch! I’ve also been focusing more on really stretching out the muscles I’ve used after each workout (usually by Googling good yoga poses for said muscles). This challenge has really helped me! Thanks!
    Kristy Doyle recently posted..The Importance of Proper Fueling

5. Karleen says

My friend and I also bought a groupon for 20 sessions of bikram yoga. We are aimin to get in 2 classes per week. I am happy to report that I have completed my first week successdfully! Yoga feels so good and I am disappointed that I have not picked it up sooner. Usually, ill go into a class and not have have enough patience to finish it but this time, I’m making myself. I have honestly felt my body takes sooo much longer to recover after a workout because of my lack of stretching. Not good:/ hope this week is as successful as last!

I love the idea of the yoga challenge! The next time you do this, I’ll definitely be joining it. I’m just so busy right now with cross country, there’s no time. Although I know how amazing it is for you. Maybe Sunday I’ll go to a class, thanks for the inspiration :)
    Sarah recently posted..Back to reality

• Courtney says

I’m pretty sure I ended up trying a few free videos from our On Demand service (which are free) and have just sort of experimented from there :)