How Could You?

by Courtney on October 24, 2012

Alright, my friends. I’ve got a bone to pick with you…

Remember a few weeks ago when I went all buck wild on the pumpkin shopping spree?

Well…how could you all let me forget that I still had THIS in my house, just waiting to be devoured?? It’s a travesty.

Winking smile

By the time lunch rolled around today, I was craving something warm and comforting thanks to an oddly chilly house. I went into the kitchen unsure of what to make, but immediately had an “ah ha!” moment as soon as I saw this little guy staring back at me.

To make things even better? We still have some beer bread leftover from Sunday’s football game, so I put quite a few pieces of that to good use by adding them as soft “croutons” (err, bread cubes…whatever) to my soup.

I also swirled in a spoonful of plain Greek yogurt for some extra creaminess, and seriously, all I can say is that this stuff rocks my world. On soooo many levels.

I started out with cooking half of the container, since it’s “supposed” to be two servings…but really, who am I kidding? I totally went back and finished up the rest of it. Winking smile

A light lunch of soup was actually perfect for today, since I had already eaten two of these little guys earlier today.

I spotted Annette’s recipe for Protein Apple Chunk Muffins about a week ago and decided to give ‘em a go yesterday. They really are delicious, but I forgot to add in the oil (only 1 tbsp, but still), so I’m wondering if that’s what is causing them to stick to the liners? Either way, they still taste awesome, so thanks, Annette!

So I am suuuuuuuuper excited about tonight. I have plans to meet up with a couple of friends (and former co-workers) Gabby & Wendy, who I haven’t seen in over two years…I’m pretty sure the last time I saw them was at Gabby’s housewarming party back in July 2010. Crazy! It’s going to be so great to catch up with them over some yummy Mexican food later tonight. Winking smile

1 Linz @ Itz Linz October 24, 2012 at 1:38 pm

Pumpkin soup?! YUM!!

2 Lily October 24, 2012 at 1:41 pm

Yum! Can you post a comment saying the nutritional stats?
Lily recently posted..Biebs and Random Loves

3 Courtney October 24, 2012 at 1:42 pm

I believe one serving was 90 calories, 2.5g fat…don’t remember the rest right now!

4 Lily October 24, 2012 at 1:44 pm

Thanks! Also sorry about the link in my last comment…I don’t know how it got attached.

5 Natalie @ Free Range Human October 24, 2012 at 1:46 pm

Pumpkin soup sounds really good! I’ve also really been wanting to try butternut squash soup.
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..I See A Theme Developing!

6 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope October 24, 2012 at 1:53 pm

I’ve been wanting that pumpkin soup so bad but it’s always out of stock! I finally asked someone working in Trader Joe’s about it and they said that it’s gone for the season! I’m so sad. I never got to try it. So I’ll live through you ;)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Wedding Recap: Our Reception!…

7 Steph @ StephSnacks October 24, 2012 at 1:55 pm

I purchased that soup at TJ’s as soon as it came out and now I cannot find it! It seems to be sold out! I love it :-)
Steph @ StephSnacks recently posted..Today And Tomorrow

8 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries October 24, 2012 at 1:59 pm

Yum! I have a feeling that pumpkin soup would rock my world too. ;) And I LOVE those muffins of Annette’s! She shared one with me a couple weeks ago at the expo we worked at, and I was definitely a fan. In fact, you may have just inspired me to bake a batch this afternoon!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..WIAW #57: Play By Play of My Day

9 Courtney October 24, 2012 at 2:36 pm

Hahaha…it was actually after reading YOUR post about them that made me decide to try them ;)

10 Sarah October 24, 2012 at 2:05 pm

Yummm muffins sound delicious right now!
Sarah recently posted..WIAW #2

11 Tiffany @SkinnyTiffanyBlog October 24, 2012 at 2:15 pm

I went to the store today to get some pumpkin butter & I couldn’t seem to find any! I was bummed! :( It would be by the peanut butter right!??
Tiffany @SkinnyTiffanyBlog recently posted..Day 24 – Something I Haven’t Done In A While

12 Megan@funsizedfitness October 24, 2012 at 2:42 pm

I tried that Trader Joe’s pumpkin soup a few weeks ago and actually didn’t like it! It tasted kind of funny to me, maybe too salty?
Megan@funsizedfitness recently posted..A Quick Update!

13 Elaine October 24, 2012 at 2:56 pm

I’ve made muffins and forgot the oil/fat and had the same problem. I always try to use silicone or foil liners when baking low fat muffins to help with the sticking!
Elaine recently posted..Baked Macaroni and Cheese Balls

14 Lisa October 24, 2012 at 3:03 pm

Oh my pumpkin soup sounds amazing right about now, especially since its pouring rain! I love adding a little greek yogurt to soup as well, it gives it some nice creaminess!
Lisa recently posted..Nut Buttered Up

15 Em October 24, 2012 at 3:19 pm

I love it when I unexpectedly find yummy eats in my pantry!
Em recently posted..WIAW…or the Day I Went Vegan

16 Marielle October 24, 2012 at 4:04 pm

I just tried trader joe’s pumpkin pancakes last week, which were pretty awesome….now you’ve convinced me to try the soup!
Marielle recently posted..Fit Apps And Monday Funny

17 Sara October 24, 2012 at 4:05 pm

Uhm, pumpkin soup? Yes please! I’m going to try out those muffins soon, thanks for sharing :]
Sara recently posted..own chicago

18 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles October 24, 2012 at 4:29 pm

I’ve been looking for pumpkin soup at the store lately, I haven’t come across any yet! At this rate I’ll just have to make my own. :-p
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..WIAW # 7–Send in the Candy Corn.

19 Danica @ It's Progression October 24, 2012 at 4:52 pm

Those muffins sound fantastic (looked at the recipe and pinned it to make them later!) and now I’m craving soup for dinner. Maybe I’m just hungry but either way I’m drooling after reading this post haha
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..WIAW #43: post half marathon appetite

20 Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 24, 2012 at 5:03 pm

Mmmm soup sounds so good right now, especially when it includes chunks of bread. I haven’t come across any pumpkin soup in the stores yet, but I’m thinking tomato will make a pretty good supplement for now.
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... how to stop counting calories .

21 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl October 24, 2012 at 5:03 pm

I always find reading the “suggested serving size” on most products entertaining, since they are usually ridiculously small and unrealistic. I definitely would have eaten both servings of that soup because lets face it…one is simply not enough! :)
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Lightened-Up Veggie Mac & Cheese

22 Chelsea @ GlitterAndSweat October 24, 2012 at 6:14 pm

Love pumpkin muffins!! i like taking pumpkin cake and making it into muffins, so yummy :)
Chelsea @ GlitterAndSweat recently posted..Lots of Good News :)

23 Kristen @ notsodomesticated October 24, 2012 at 7:22 pm

I love that you used the beer bread as “croutons.” It reminds me of the tomato soup I get at Panera all the time, with the chunks of bread floating in it. Yum!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Pumpkin Chip Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting.

24 Lauren October 24, 2012 at 7:54 pm

O M G!!! You just reminded me that I have that soup in my pantry!!!! Yes! Lunch tomorrow! :)
Lauren recently posted..Thai Fake-Out: Red Curry Tofu Stir Fry

25 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake October 24, 2012 at 8:02 pm

Ok, all of these pumpkin goodies… I have to make it to TJ’s ASAP!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Half Marathon Training Update

26 Hollywood Healthy October 24, 2012 at 9:57 pm

Seeing that photo makes me want cat cookies…
Hollywood Healthy recently posted..On top of Spaghetti….

27 michelle kim October 25, 2012 at 12:30 am

I just purchased their Pumpkin cream cheese and their Country Pumpkin Spice Granola. I’m going to go overboard on all the pumpkin stuff so I will be good until next season, hehe.
michelle kim recently posted..Get It Back

28 Margaret October 25, 2012 at 12:59 am

I bought that a few weeks ago too and finally got to it this week. Now I want to stock up on it ASAP! It was delicious!

29 Miz October 25, 2012 at 6:19 am

my life…errr…muffins are one big STICK TO THE LINERS.
always :-)
Miz recently posted..Five tips to STOP night time snacking.

30 Jai October 25, 2012 at 9:27 am

yum! one of these days I’m going to make that homemade … love TJ though!
Jai recently posted..Fall Spaghetti Squash with Brown Sugar and Parmesan

31 Annie October 25, 2012 at 12:04 pm

oooh I’d never thought about greek yogurt in soup! What a great idea!

32 Meghan @ After the Ivy League October 25, 2012 at 1:37 pm

I am tracking down that pumpkin soup the next time I grocery shop! Looks delicious!
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..Miracles and Sunshine

33 Molly@This Life Is Sparkling October 25, 2012 at 3:07 pm

I had that soup for lunch today! It is really good!
Molly@This Life Is Sparkling recently posted..The Little Things