Quick & Killer Bodyweight Circuit

by Courtney on October 25, 2012

I’ve got a super fun workout to share with you guys today! But first…

You guys may remember that I’m partnering up with GNC for their fall/winter campaign.

GNC Live Well

This month (just as I did last month), I wanted to give you guys a couple quick updates on what I’m taking these days, how things are going with the things I was already taking, and then finish up with a killer workout. How’s that sound, cool? Cool. Winking smile

So last month, I told you all how I finally discovered a way to drink apple cider vinegar. I’ve had many of you asking how things are going and if I’ve noticed any differences since I began taking it. Well, I’d probably be able to give you a better answer…if I could get myself to remember to take it!

I think yesterday was the first time I’ve remembered to take it in a couple of weeks. Sometimes I’ll remember it and tell myself to make a drink once I finish X, Y, or Z, and then I never get around to it. So as far as if I’ve noticed any differences? That’s a nada…but that’s also my own fault too. Maybe I should try taking it first thing in the morning, like right before I brush my teeth or something??

One thing I have been sticking to taking though? My vitamins.

I’m still taking the Women’s Prenatal Program, and just stocked up another package. I still take the prenatals + the DHA at night, but I’ll usually just nix the calcium. I tend to get enough of it through foods, beverages, and my other vitamin, so I don’t feel the need to take it in excess.

I honestly really do love the GNC Vitapaks, not only for the convenience factor, but because they’re just so darn versatile. They seriously have something for everyone, so even if prenatals aren’t your thing, feel free to check out the site and see what might work best for you!

gnc vitapak

One last item I’ve been enjoying is the GNC 100% Egg Protein in Vanilla Ice Cream.

I also have that Pumpkin Spice Lean Shake to test out, but I haven’t had a chance to try that one quite yet. Soon, my friends. Verrrrrry soon.

But the egg protein? It’s been great; I used it the other day in the apple chunk protein muffins I made, which worked great. If vanilla is your thing, then I’d definitely recommend giving it a shot. Jay’s tried it a couple of times and he really enjoyed it, and I, for the most part, tend to use it as a protein shake after a workout if it’s totally in between meals.

Sooooo, speaking of workouts. I’ve made you wait long enough. Winking smile

Remember that workout I said I did on Sunday that left my legs sore for days? Well, that would be thanks to a portion of this little bodyweight circuit.

quick and killer bodyweight circuit

Yes, I succumbed to the fun, festive PicMonkey illustrations. I couldn’t help myself.

I decided to add in a few upper body/core moves to make it more of a full body workout to share with all of you. The great thing is that it only requires two things: some sort of stopwatch and YOU! So go ahead and get workin’!

As always, some demonstrations to show you…

Plié Squat

Crossover Lunge

Plank to Pushup                                                       Tricep Dips

Squat with Front Kick                                                               Burpees

1 Natalie @ Free Range Human October 25, 2012 at 2:38 pm

This does look like a killer! It’s exactly what I need because I’m always looking for body weight exercises. Thanks, Courtney!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Creature of Habit

2 Michelle@Peachy Palate October 25, 2012 at 2:43 pm

Great workout! It’s been so long since you posted one!!! LOVE a good burpee workout! :)
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Pumpkin Pasta with a Kick

3 Kerry @ Totes My Oats October 25, 2012 at 2:52 pm

Looks like a great circuit! I will definitely incorporate that one into my workout schedule soon :)
Kerry @ Totes My Oats recently posted..Sweet or Salty?

4 Lisa October 25, 2012 at 3:00 pm

Yes burpees! I love those little suckers. And plie squats are another favorite too. I’m odd. I love the Halloween look to the circuit:)
Lisa recently posted..Happiness

5 Angela @ Health's Angel October 25, 2012 at 3:04 pm

Love the looks of that workout! I’m on the verge of buying ACV just because reading the health benefits of it has me so intrigued.
Angela @ Health’s Angel recently posted..My Essential Oils

6 Marielle October 25, 2012 at 3:22 pm

I love getting new workout ideas, thanks for sharing!
Marielle recently posted..Fit Apps And Monday Funny

7 Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers October 25, 2012 at 3:26 pm

PICMONKEY!!!!!! welcome to the dark side, my friend.
Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers recently posted..Friendsgiving Menu Planning

8 Courtney October 25, 2012 at 4:31 pm

HAHA. I’ve been using it for a while now, but just couldn’t pass up the Halloween themed stuff today ;)

9 kim@hungryhealthygirl October 25, 2012 at 3:34 pm

Looks like a great workout! Pinning it now!
kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..A Game of True or False

10 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More October 25, 2012 at 3:42 pm

Looks like a great workout! I expecting to be pretty sore after today’s workout. It sure was a sweaty one…
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..I Forgot…

11 Melissa October 25, 2012 at 4:02 pm

Why are you taking ACV? I recently heard of some of its health benefits, which is why I’m curious to hear your take! :) I heard it’s good for acne, so I immediately bought a bottle. I put about 1 TBS in a glass of water, lemon juice and chug it first thing in the morning (if that doesn’t wake you up, I don’t know what will! ;) ) It takes some getting used to, but I’ll do anything if it’ll help clear up my skin! :D

12 Courtney October 25, 2012 at 4:33 pm

I really just wanted to try it for overall health benefits – nothing in particular. I’d heard good things and I’m always up to try new stuff :)
I did find this post from Brittany pretty helpful: http://www.eatingbirdfood.com/2012/02/health-benefits-of-apple-cider-vinegar-acv/

13 Lauren @The Homeostatic Mindset October 25, 2012 at 4:14 pm

Oooh! This look brutal- but awesome! I love PicMonkey :)
Lauren @The Homeostatic Mindset recently posted..How to make recovery easier: A guide

14 Hollywood Healthy October 25, 2012 at 6:39 pm

I love how PicMonkeys royale effects are free! I love the benefits of ACV, if you want some more natural remedies for things you should checkout http://www.earthclinic.com they rock!
Hollywood Healthy recently posted..Warning

15 AnneMarie October 25, 2012 at 7:21 pm

The circuit looks great! I really appreciate the pictures demonstrating each of the exercises:)

Thanks

16 Em October 25, 2012 at 7:31 pm

I appreciate workout posts with photos :) I do plie squats and crossover lunges pretty regularly but am thinking of incorporating plank to pushup….because I’m horrible at both of them!
Em recently posted..One Workout Song, Forever?

17 Sarah October 25, 2012 at 7:41 pm

That is definitely a killer workout! I’ll have to try it when I take a week off of running after cross country ends!
Sarah recently posted..Thankful Thursday

18 michelle kim October 25, 2012 at 8:16 pm

Pumpkin Spice protein powder??? OH, MAN I’ll have to go in to see about that (I’ll go next week… I believe the first week of the month is Gold Card week). Thanks for letting us know about it :)
michelle kim recently posted..The Most Beautiful (and the Ugliest) Run

19 Michelle (Better with Berries) October 25, 2012 at 9:29 pm

Pinning this workout immediately! This will be perfect for this weekend when it’s freezing outside and I don’t have access to the gym!
Michelle (Better with Berries) recently posted..School Update: 9 Weeks Closer to RD

20 Abby October 25, 2012 at 10:56 pm

Thanks for developing this circuit, Courtney!! I loved the stability ball one you did last month and can’t wait to try this one soon. It’s great to have something I can do without any equipment from a gym…and it’ll still kick my butt!
Abby recently posted..Slow cooker success! Shredded Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches

21 Jennifer October 26, 2012 at 9:47 am

Tried this circuit this morning and loved that it really was quick!! Not TOO tough (although tougher than I thought it would be!), but definitely got my heart rate up and felt like a great total body workout. :) Thanks for sharing!!

22 Meghan @ After the Ivy League October 26, 2012 at 10:31 am

Saving this workout! Looks like a great circuit to modify and make as long/short as you need. Thanks! And the Halloween graphics are too cute.
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..Special Delivery

23 Becki (@Fight4Wellness) October 26, 2012 at 11:29 am

I’m so excited to try this workout today after work. I’m going to be super crunched for time and this is just perfect.
Becki (@Fight4Wellness) recently posted..WIAW #7: BBBos Food Summit

24 Jaren@Kiwi Fit Blog October 27, 2012 at 8:15 am

Used your workout at the gym yesterday!
Jaren@Kiwi Fit Blog recently posted..Marvelous In My Monday #9

25 Brittany October 27, 2012 at 6:27 pm

Doing this tonight!!
Brittany recently posted..Health Warrior Chia Bar (Giveaway)

26 Patty October 29, 2012 at 11:00 am

Great workout! Left my legs sore for days.

27 Emilie @ Hungry Delights October 30, 2012 at 10:49 pm

Awesome workout – there are some killer moves in there!
Emilie @ Hungry Delights recently posted..WIAW – It is heating up!

28 Anna October 31, 2012 at 11:43 pm

I started drinking the ACV drink after you posted about it, and it has been my LIFESAVER. I tend to get bloated and gassy super easily….but when I drink this….NOTHING. It seriously has saved me from soooo many stomach problems!!!!

29 Courtney November 1, 2012 at 8:41 am

WOW, that’s fantastic, Anna! I’m so so glad to hear that! :)

30 Alison July 11, 2013 at 7:16 pm

Just did this circuit workout in my parent’s backyard. I am away from home for work and needed something quick and difficult. This was a great workout! The burpees killed me at the end. I added in some star jumps in the beginning to make it even sweatier! Anyways thanks again for the great workout, I found it on google images. I will be bookmarking this one for sure!
Alison recently posted..Ben & Amanda | Chilliwack Wedding | Osoyoos Wedding Photographer