Celebrate National Pumpkin Day!

by Courtney on October 26, 2012

Holy crap. Do you guys even KNOW what today is???

I don’t know how I almost let this one slip through the cracks. I mean, c’mon…

national pumpkin daysource

Ohhhh, how I love me some pumpkin. And just in case you’re as obnoxious about it as I am, here’s a few recipes you may just want to check out to celebrate:

Okay, I swear. I had no idea just how many pumpkin recipes I had up in here?! Hopefully you find something fun to try out. Winking smile

*****

Soooo, in sticking with the pumpkin theme…

First there was today’s breakfast. Hey, surprise! It’s pumpkin and peanut butter…again.

What can I say? I love this stuff. And I’m out of waffles this week.

Then again, I’d eat this in waffles too, sooooo…

Fast forward a little bit to part of lunch.

I say part of lunch because there was also half of a banana and trail mix eaten about an hour before this happened, which was right after I finished today’s workout.

A slightly modified version of my Upper Body Superset Workout + some Sweaty Mess Walking Incline Intervals. Nothing crazy, but I was feelin’ the burn!

So for the rest of lunch, I put together a small veggie plate with celery, grape tomatoes, and cucumbers with roasted red pepper hummus.

Then I also finished up the last of my cottage cheese container. Again – keeping with the pumpkin – I added a generous scoop of regular, canned pumpkin + a small spoonful of pumpkin butter.

But then I realized I needed a little somethin’ else in there, so I added some raisins and the last of a bag of granola.

Leave it to me to take an otherwise savory food and turn it practically into dessert. Winking smile

Of course, lunch would not have been complete without some leftover Sun-Dried Tomato and Mozzarella Bread.

This. Stuff. Is. So. Good.

*****

So I’m pretty psyched about the rest of today. First, I’m headed over to visit mom for a hair appointment; it’s about time to update my color – should I stick with the red again? After that, Jay and I are meeting up with our friends Joe & Kate for happy hour, and THEN we’re hitting up the movie theater to (finally!) see Paranormal Activity 4. Eeeeek, I can’t wait!!

What’s on tap for the weekend, friends? Anything fun??

1 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries October 26, 2012 at 2:18 pm

Ohhh boy, National Pumpkin Day?! I need to make sure to get my fill of pumpkin today I guess. ;)

We are planning on a little date night tonight… Out to dinner and then who knows what. Maybe a movie? I hope you guys have a fun evening!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Thanksgiving Day Menu

2 Jess@atasteofconfidence October 26, 2012 at 2:31 pm

I haven’t had much pumpkin yet today, I really need to start!

I must say I do like your brown hair a bit better, but the red looks great on you, too. I am a bit biased! Hehe. :)
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..making the most of it

3 Natalie @ Free Range Human October 26, 2012 at 2:34 pm

I guess it’s a really good thing I had already planned on making some yummy pumpkin treats today! I think it’s so funny that you like horror movies. It’s just not something I would have guessed!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Frozen In Time

4 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope October 26, 2012 at 2:41 pm

I love that it’s National Pumpkin Day! Pumpkin is my favorite! I haven’t had anything pumpkin today so I need to change that. :)

I don’t have much planned for this weekend except for gearing up for this Hurricane that is supposed to directly hit us. Boo.
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..The Best Apple Cake You Will Ever Taste!…

5 Michelle@Peachy Palate October 26, 2012 at 2:52 pm

Pumpkin Day!!! It’s obviously not on these shores, I’m one of the few pumpkin crazy ladies here in Ireland!!! I have pumpkin baking plans this weekend! Other than that nothing crazy, maybe a little shopping! I like the red btw!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..It’s a soup eating time of year

6 Khushboo October 26, 2012 at 2:53 pm

Cottage cheese in sweet form is the best….I love adding Sunwarrior to it!
Khushboo recently posted..Five Thoughts For Friday

7 kristin October 26, 2012 at 2:55 pm

Let me know what you think of the movie – i watched it lastnight and was a bit disappointed but thats just my opinion – my weekend plans consist of finishing up my daughters halloween costume tonight – her cheer game tomorrow and hopefully, HOPEFULLY i get to relax on sunday.

have a great weekend

8 Tina @ Best Body Fitness October 26, 2012 at 2:58 pm

I bought pumpkin butter today at TJs and plan on making Julie’s pumpkin puppy chow later. I’m def celebrating!
Tina @ Best Body Fitness recently posted..Scenes from the Week

9 Lisa October 26, 2012 at 3:05 pm

Now this just may be my favorite holiday of the year;) Love pumpkin! Maybe too much…Looks like I’ll be making pumpkin bread today!

10 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine October 26, 2012 at 3:16 pm

Courtney – I know how much you love pumpkin – you should try this recipe for pumpkin dip:

Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..Pumpkin Chocolate Muffins – A Cake Mix Recipe

11 Kerry @ Totes My Oats October 26, 2012 at 3:45 pm

Loving all of the pumpkin recipes! Last weekend was super busy around here so I plan on watching tons of football around here!
Kerry @ Totes My Oats recently posted..Doing Nice Things

12 Shelby October 26, 2012 at 4:08 pm

You should totally go with red! It suits you plus it’s a little edgy and fun!

13 Marielle October 26, 2012 at 4:13 pm

I had no idea it was national pumpkin day! That is so fun! I’m going to try that black bean pumpkin recipe this weekend….yum!
I haven’t seen the most recent paranormal activity yet…I’m sure it’s good…the last 3 have been quite disturbing!
Marielle recently posted..Fit Apps And Monday Funny

14 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More October 26, 2012 at 4:20 pm

I’m in so much need of getting my hair colored. I swear the grays are in such full force that I can no longer just pull them out.. ;)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Fitness Friday // A Yoga Adventure

15 Shannon October 26, 2012 at 4:39 pm

School Ring Ceremony tonight. :)

16 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl October 26, 2012 at 4:57 pm

Pumpkin and cottage cheese? I would never have thought of that, but I will definitely have to try it!

You will have to let us know how Paranormal Activity 4 is. I am excited to hear if it as good/scary as the others have been!
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Green and Red Pepper Lentil Soup

17 Clare October 26, 2012 at 5:15 pm

We don’t have national food days in Australia, but I totally made some pretty awesome pumpkin pancakes this morning ;) Have a fab weekend!!
Clare recently posted..Pumpkin Pancakes

18 Alison October 26, 2012 at 5:50 pm

National pumpkin day?! Oh YES. I may not be eating any pumpkin today….but I did bake pumpkin muffins for a bake sale tomorrow! :)

19 Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 26, 2012 at 6:05 pm

Have a great time at the movies! I’m such a wimp when it comes to scary movies and end up not being able to sleep whenever I watch them, so I tend to avoid them. I think the last one I saw was probably The Ring? Gave me nightmares for weeks. I’ve got an exciting weekend of catching up on random errands to look forward to :roll: But there’s always coffee dates with friends and a family dinner to break up the monotony :D
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... thinking out loud #3 .

20 Julissa October 26, 2012 at 7:52 pm

Is pumpkin butter a savory taste? Sweet? Squash-like? I’m trying to figure out what it tastes like before I decide to buy it…

21 Courtney October 26, 2012 at 10:48 pm

No, it’s definitely sweet! Similar consistency to apple butte…except it’s pumpkin ;)

22 Chelsea @ GlitterAndSweat October 26, 2012 at 8:08 pm

I’m so weary about pumpkin and peanut butter lol i’m not sure why, i usually try anything with peanut butter. cottage cheese and granola is looking bomb though!!
I’m really wanting to make me some ppumpkin cupcakes now….
what other colors would you do??
ahhh! good luck with paranormal activity 4, i can’t even watch the commercials lol
Chelsea @ GlitterAndSweat recently posted..Lots of Good News :)

23 Lauren October 26, 2012 at 8:51 pm

Get out! I just posted on my favorite pumpkin-flavored products and had no idea it was a holiday! Score!!! And I’ve been loving Pumpkin Cottage Cheese. It’s been curbing my pumpkin fro-yo cravings these days. :)
Lauren recently posted..What I’m Loving: Pumpkin Addition

24 Kristen @ notsodomesticated October 26, 2012 at 9:24 pm

I can’t believe you’re going to see that freaky movie! You’re a braver woman than I!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Pumpkin Chip Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting.

25 Joanna October 27, 2012 at 1:17 am

Mmmmm pumpkin! I’ve been so into savory pumpkin recipes, but I might have to try one of these sweet ones you linked here :)
Joanna recently posted..Cranberry Juice For UTIs: Effective or Not?

26 Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets October 27, 2012 at 9:54 am

Fun! Happy National Pumpkin Day ;) I’m def going to try making that pumpkin banana at some point this weekend.. mmm.
Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets recently posted..butter chicken pizza + an apology

27 Meghan @ After the Ivy League October 27, 2012 at 2:22 pm

I’m late a day for National Pumpkin Day, but I’m hoping to make some pumpkin muffins later this afternoon! I’ve been craving some pumpkin baked goods to go along with the cooler, stormy weather on its way up north!
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..Special Delivery

28 Bek @ Crave October 28, 2012 at 6:11 am

Hope you enjoy the movie!
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Dolled up

29 Emilie @ Hungry Delights October 30, 2012 at 11:03 pm

YES go red again! Plus FYI every American blog is making me sooo jealous of pumpkin! You guys have soo many variety’s and pumpkin spiced everything!
Emilie @ Hungry Delights recently posted..WIAW – It is heating up!