Made An Evening Out Of It

WOO HOO! I finally got to see Paranormal Activity 4!!

You guys know I loved the second one and the third one, so there was no doubt I had to check out the fourth.

Of course, Jay and I couldn’t go see Paranormal Activity without our friend, Joey. And, of course, we can’t see Joey without seeing Kate. So we made an evening out of it and met up for dinner and drinks beforehand at Wolf’s 1-11.

By the time Jay and I got there, our pals already had drinks waiting for us. They’re just the best. Smile Octoberfest for him, pinot grigio for muah.

For my dinner, I decided to order their chicken philly cheesesteak with sweet potato fries (duh).

There wasn’t too much provolone cheese on there as I was expecting, which was sort of a bummer, but the chicken, peppers and onions had good flavor. I pretty much ate all of the innards and left the roll behind

All of a sudden, we realized we had about 15 minutes before our movie started, so we left dinner, said our goodbyes to Kate (she doesn’t do scary movies), and headed down the street to the movie theater.

I hadn’t planned on getting anything while we were there, but as soon as we passed the concession stand, I felt a strong need for Raisinets (we know how they go in movies). Funny enough, I left the concession stand with no Raisinets (they did have them!), but with a box of pretzel m&m’s and sour patch watermelons…and with $7.75 less in my wallet. Ouch.

I bought the two to share with the boys, but as it turns out, I guess none of us were in much of a mood for candy because we probably only ate about half of each box of candy. Ahh well.

If you’re wondering how the movie was? It was pretty awesome…and the end was pretty craaaaazy.

Jay and I have a few different things on the agenda today, followed by a Halloween party tonight that we are sooo not prepared for (in the costume department). We’re going to attempt to wing something last minute…we’ll see how that goes!

Question for the Morning:

What are some of your favorite movie snacks?

Comments

Did Kate not go with you guys to see the movie? I’d be going home with her too – I can’t take those movies! I wouldn’t be able to sleep! I’m glad you enjoyed your glass of wine. The bestie and I shared a bottle of Moscato last night. It was delicious, and allowed me to sleep for 10 hours straight. THE BEST.
    chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..fun facts friday

When I was in high school, there was a bulk food store in the same mall as the movie theatre. We used to go there, STOCK UP and sneak it in – so brilliant. :-p

Glad you liked the movie! I’m a big fan of the Paranormal Activity movies, they’re fun! Have you seen Grave Encounters? A friend brought it over last night and it’s along the same theme as Paranormal Activity – definitely freaked me out!
    Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Restaurant Rules.

When I was little, my mom would take my sisters and I to the gas station before a movie, and we were allowed to pick out two kinds of candy to bring with us (I know, I know, such rule breakers :)). We didn’t go to the movies very often, so it was such a treat! I always got something a little sour, like Sprees, and something chocolatey, like M&Ms.
    Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..High Five for Friday

I’m not much of a scary movie person either! As for movie snacks? I’m kind of boring in that department. We rarely ever buy snacks at movies but I think it’s because we’re usually coming from dinner or I had eaten something right beforehand. Plus I cringe when I see the prices of everything!
    Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Last Chance Survey

5. Marielle says

That sounds like a perfect night! Paranormal 3 freaked me out, but I’m still curious about the 4th one. Oh, and I always do snacks for movies….I love milk duds. Yum. Have a good Saturday!!
    Marielle recently posted..Fit Apps And Monday Funny

6. laura says

Not really a movie snack person myself-I’m weird I don’t even like popcorn. I also love the paranormal movies and saw 4 last weekend such a spooky end!

Crinkle sweet potato fries?? Sign me up for those!

Isn’t it insane how expensive food is at the movie theaters? I always cheat and bring my own or buy something from a near-by gas station. It pays off to have a giant purse! 😉 Glad the movie was good. I am looking forward to seeing it but will probably wait until it comes out on DVD. I already promised my boyfriend that we would watch it during the day instead of at night to lessen the scariness of it.
    Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Green and Red Pepper Lentil Soup

8. Shannon says

I haven’t gone to the movies in almost a year! When I have gone to the movies, I usually sneak food in from Walmart or another store like it (Target). I then bring a bag- not a HUGE tote bag, but like a little purse- and bring my favorite snacks into the movie. I like animal crackers, popcorn, and M&Ms while watching a movie.

Trackbacks