Made An Evening Out Of It

by Courtney on October 27, 2012

WOO HOO! I finally got to see Paranormal Activity 4!!

You guys know I loved the second one and the third one, so there was no doubt I had to check out the fourth.

Of course, Jay and I couldn’t go see Paranormal Activity without our friend, Joey. And, of course, we can’t see Joey without seeing Kate. So we made an evening out of it and met up for dinner and drinks beforehand at Wolf’s 1-11.

By the time Jay and I got there, our pals already had drinks waiting for us. They’re just the best. Smile Octoberfest for him, pinot grigio for muah.

For my dinner, I decided to order their chicken philly cheesesteak with sweet potato fries (duh).

There wasn’t too much provolone cheese on there as I was expecting, which was sort of a bummer, but the chicken, peppers and onions had good flavor. I pretty much ate all of the innards and left the roll behind

All of a sudden, we realized we had about 15 minutes before our movie started, so we left dinner, said our goodbyes to Kate (she doesn’t do scary movies), and headed down the street to the movie theater.

I hadn’t planned on getting anything while we were there, but as soon as we passed the concession stand, I felt a strong need for Raisinets (we know how they go in movies). Funny enough, I left the concession stand with no Raisinets (they did have them!), but with a box of pretzel m&m’s and sour patch watermelons…and with $7.75 less in my wallet. Ouch.

I bought the two to share with the boys, but as it turns out, I guess none of us were in much of a mood for candy because we probably only ate about half of each box of candy. Ahh well.

If you’re wondering how the movie was? It was pretty awesome…and the end was pretty craaaaazy.

Jay and I have a few different things on the agenda today, followed by a Halloween party tonight that we are sooo not prepared for (in the costume department). We’re going to attempt to wing something last minute…we’ll see how that goes!

Question for the Morning:

What are some of your favorite movie snacks?

1 Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes October 27, 2012 at 9:04 am

I’m all about sneaking in snacks like pretzels, dried fruit, and of course, something chocolate; it’s much more budget-friendly that way. ;)
Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes recently posted..NYC Biking Breakthrough and Blackened Tofu

2 Kerry @ Totes My Oats October 27, 2012 at 9:12 am

Of course I love popcorn but it’s much easier to eat while watching a movie at home. When I get it in the movie theatre, I’m all popcorned out by the time the previews are over! Anything chocolate is always my friend, too!
Kerry @ Totes My Oats recently posted..Banana Oatmeal Muffins

3 Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 27, 2012 at 9:35 am

The price of movie snacks is just crazy, so I’m usually a sneaker ;) It’s almost always candy of some sort, though… Skittles, Junior Mints, sour watermelons, Fuzzy Peaches…. Hellooooo 7:30 AM candy cravings…
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... cinnamon raisin shredded wheat cookies .

4 Khushboo October 27, 2012 at 9:47 am

Fro yo!! One cinema here just opened up a fro up concession and obviously I am thrilled!
Khushboo recently posted..Five Thoughts For Friday

5 Courtney October 27, 2012 at 1:26 pm

Whaaaaaaaaat?!? That sounds like my kinda theater!!

6 Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets October 27, 2012 at 9:51 am

Don’t have you just hate how expensive movie theatre treats are?! If my bf and I are feeling unusually prepared, we’ll try to sneak our own water bottles + snacks in (hellooo big purse). My favourite movie snack? Hmm.. popcorn, licorice, chocolate-covered raisins, or milk duds!
Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets recently posted..butter chicken pizza + an apology

7 Beks October 27, 2012 at 10:00 am

Our theater used to have mini donuts, which I adored, but then they changed ownership and got rid of them (I was NOT amused). Otherwise, Goobers or Edy’s Dibs are what I’m about lately, but they’re slowly transitioning away from foods I’d like to eat. The popcorn is too salty for me.
Beks recently posted..LiveFit Phase 1: Almost Done. Basically a recap

8 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey October 27, 2012 at 10:01 am

Did Kate not go with you guys to see the movie? I’d be going home with her too – I can’t take those movies! I wouldn’t be able to sleep! I’m glad you enjoyed your glass of wine. The bestie and I shared a bottle of Moscato last night. It was delicious, and allowed me to sleep for 10 hours straight. THE BEST.
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..fun facts friday

9 Courtney October 27, 2012 at 1:26 pm

Haha, nope! She went home ;)
Your night sounds fantastic! Glad you had fun with your bestieeee!

10 Audrey Adams October 27, 2012 at 10:02 am

You can be Flo from Diner Dash or Flo from the Progressive commercial! To me, those are super easy for last minute!

Audrey Adams recently posted..Labor Day

11 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles October 27, 2012 at 10:09 am

When I was in high school, there was a bulk food store in the same mall as the movie theatre. We used to go there, STOCK UP and sneak it in – so brilliant. :-p

Glad you liked the movie! I’m a big fan of the Paranormal Activity movies, they’re fun! Have you seen Grave Encounters? A friend brought it over last night and it’s along the same theme as Paranormal Activity – definitely freaked me out!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Restaurant Rules.

12 Courtney October 27, 2012 at 1:25 pm

No, I’ve never heard of it?! Is it old? I’m going to have to check into that!

13 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles October 27, 2012 at 2:32 pm

Nope, it came out in 2011 – the sequel actually just came out earlier this month. Definitely look into it! :-)
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Restaurant Rules.

14 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy October 27, 2012 at 10:13 am

When I was little, my mom would take my sisters and I to the gas station before a movie, and we were allowed to pick out two kinds of candy to bring with us (I know, I know, such rule breakers :)). We didn’t go to the movies very often, so it was such a treat! I always got something a little sour, like Sprees, and something chocolatey, like M&Ms.
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..High Five for Friday

15 Courtney October 27, 2012 at 1:25 pm

Aww, that sounds like such a fun memory :)

16 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake October 27, 2012 at 10:25 am

Mmm, the pretzel M&Ms are my favorite! I love to get either gummy candy or popcorn and the movies!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Half Marathon Training Update

17 Natalie@ free range human October 27, 2012 at 10:56 am

I have to go with popcorn. It’s an oldie but a goodie!

18 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries October 27, 2012 at 11:20 am

I’m not much of a scary movie person either! As for movie snacks? I’m kind of boring in that department. We rarely ever buy snacks at movies but I think it’s because we’re usually coming from dinner or I had eaten something right beforehand. Plus I cringe when I see the prices of everything!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Last Chance Survey

19 Tina October 27, 2012 at 11:22 am

No matter how stuffed I am I always have to sneak in some raisinettes!

20 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers October 27, 2012 at 11:23 am

Good control not eating the rolls on your chicken philly cheese steak! I think I have to get one today!!! But I’ll skip the cheese because I will eat the roll! lol What a great evening!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Pumpkin Bars

21 Kristen @ notsodomesticated October 27, 2012 at 11:33 am

I like movie theater popcorn, but I rarely rarely get it because I refuse to spend the money! I am cheap and proud of it haha! ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Pumpkin Chip Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting.

22 Marielle October 27, 2012 at 12:04 pm

That sounds like a perfect night! Paranormal 3 freaked me out, but I’m still curious about the 4th one. Oh, and I always do snacks for movies….I love milk duds. Yum. Have a good Saturday!!
Marielle recently posted..Fit Apps And Monday Funny

23 Katy October 27, 2012 at 12:10 pm

Popcorn, sour patch kids, and a blue icee !!!
Katy recently posted..Grumpy

24 Chelsea@Ahintofhealthy October 27, 2012 at 12:19 pm

I love raisinets! That and chocolate covered pretzels make a great snack for a movie!
Chelsea@Ahintofhealthy recently posted..A crazy day and some Mini Chicken Pot Pies

25 laura October 27, 2012 at 1:33 pm

Not really a movie snack person myself-I’m weird I don’t even like popcorn. I also love the paranormal movies and saw 4 last weekend such a spooky end!

26 Finland Blog October 27, 2012 at 2:02 pm

Paranormal movies are not really my thing
The chicken with sweet fries,that sounds tasty though looks are not great
Glad you had a spooky evening
Finland Blog recently posted..7 Ways to Avoid Being Homesick With New Friends

27 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl October 27, 2012 at 2:30 pm

Crinkle sweet potato fries?? Sign me up for those!

Isn’t it insane how expensive food is at the movie theaters? I always cheat and bring my own or buy something from a near-by gas station. It pays off to have a giant purse! ;) Glad the movie was good. I am looking forward to seeing it but will probably wait until it comes out on DVD. I already promised my boyfriend that we would watch it during the day instead of at night to lessen the scariness of it.
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Green and Red Pepper Lentil Soup

28 Michelle@Peachy Palate October 27, 2012 at 3:08 pm

I bring Granola to the cinema with me! Random I know! I haven’t seen any of the paranormal activity movies…and I’m a HUGE scary movie fan, seriously got some catching up to do!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..The Sweet Truth

29 Shannon October 27, 2012 at 3:30 pm

I haven’t gone to the movies in almost a year! When I have gone to the movies, I usually sneak food in from Walmart or another store like it (Target). I then bring a bag- not a HUGE tote bag, but like a little purse- and bring my favorite snacks into the movie. I like animal crackers, popcorn, and M&Ms while watching a movie.

30 Bek @ Crave October 28, 2012 at 6:12 am

I don’t usually get movie snacks but popcorn always smells so good- especially when it’s fresh.
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Dolled up

31 Alyssa October 28, 2012 at 2:06 pm

I don’t know if you know this but it has been confirmed that there will be a Paranormal Activity 5!

32 Courtney October 28, 2012 at 3:52 pm

WHAT!?! No way…that’s crazy! I don’t know how I feel about that though…I think they’re starting to all be the same :(

33 Alyssa October 29, 2012 at 3:43 pm

I’m sure they are! This is definitely not my kind of movie but I knew how much you like them :)

34 Amanda @Live. Laugh. Learn. October 28, 2012 at 4:34 pm

We always go to the grocery store on the way to the movie to buy our candy and sneak it in ;) My favorite is swedish fish!
Amanda @Live. Laugh. Learn. recently posted..Halloween Treats

35 Emilie @ Hungry Delights October 30, 2012 at 11:07 pm

Pretzel M&Ms sound kinda awesome :)
Emilie @ Hungry Delights recently posted..WIAW – It is heating up!