Golden Birthday

Well, I am very happy to report that, just as I suspected, Sandy did not have much of an effect on us here. In fact, our leaf pile is still fully intact.

That’s actually sort of surprising though, since it was pretty windy here most of yesterday evening. Going to bed last night was pretty noisy from the wind too, and I kept getting worried that one of our (broken) trees on the side of our house was going to come crashing down on the roof. Thankfully, they did not.

From what I’m hearing and seeing though, it sounds like she made quite an impact elsewhere, so if you were in her path, I’m sending lots of thoughts and well-wishes your way!

*****

Breakfast

Nothing like a warm bowl of pumpkin oats to start off the day.

I added lots of raisins to today’s batch, along with a generous serving of some apple peanut butter.

I few weeks ago, I was sent a couple jars of Reginald’s Homemade nut butters to try, and one of them was this Apple Sin peanut butter.

It’s pretty good, but not my favorite. There are, however, quite a few other flavors on their site that sound pretty enticing – hazelnut amaretto peanut butter??  Sign. Me. UP!

I’ve got quite a bit to do today, but before signing off this morning, I have a quick little shout out to give. Today is my Sarah’s GOLDEN birthday – she’s turning the big 3-0 on the 30th!

Fun Fact: I will ALSO have a golden birthday – 30 on January 30th, but not for another year and 3 months, so Sarah is still old. Winking smile

Juuuuuust kidding! Happy Birthday, Sarahhhhh!

Question for the Morning:

When was/is your Golden Birthday?

I always joke with Jay because he didn’t even get to celebrate his…he was 1.

Comments

1. Donna says

12 for me! I don’t remember it at all. Sandy was not bad here either, in central Mass, just lots of wind and we got quite a bit of rain. We didn’t lose power at all but there are people in the area without it. My kids didn’t have school yesterday and my high schooler didn’t have it again today, my younger daughter had a 2 hour delay. And now the sun just came out!

It was my 21’s birthday, back in 2006. It was uneventful. I did have my first legal drink(s), but it was pretty boring. I should’ve partied it up. Oh well. Hindsight.

Glad to hear you didn’t get hit either! We didn’t even lose power and I don’t think any trees are down around me. Mine was 15 on the 15th (of March). I think I had a swim meet that day… Hope you have a good day! Go out and celebrate with your friend :)
    Sarah recently posted..Tuesday Tangents

• Courtney says

It’s when you turn the same age that your birthday is on. So for example, my birthday is January 30th, so when I turn 30 on the 30th, it’s my golden one :)

Those peanut butter flavors sound awfully intriguing!

I celebrated my golden birthday this past March. I turned 24 on the 24th. I can’t say I did much “celebrating” though. It is amazing how much more relaxed things are the older that you get. But maybe that is a good thing since my body cannot handle my college partying days like they used to be able to! 😉
    Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Tofu Parmesan + A Cooking Catastrophe

5. Whitney says

My golden birthday was when I turned 13 on October 13 which I also must point out was when I started my period for the first time (TMI, sorry)! Awesome birthday, ha! :)

Whoa…apple peanut butter? That sounds amazing! Thanks for linking to their site, too…I’m browsing around right now, and their prices look relatively reasonable as far as fancy peanut butters go. I’ll have to check them out!

My golden birthday was my 18th birthday, which I thought was pretty cool since your 18th birthday is a big deal anyway.
    Bethany @ Accidental Intentions recently posted..Tuesday (wait, what?) Things

My golden birthday is this year, 29 on December 29. My sister had her golden this year on September 30 and 2 brother-in-laws have 30th Golden Birthdays, December 30 (1 this year and 1 was last year).

When we were little, my sister and I thought it was the coolest thing that we would have our Golden the same year. Okay, it is still pretty cool :)
    Katherine recently posted..Things that make me smile

• Courtney says

Not doing anything today – we actually celebrated a couple times already, earlier this month and late last month (when she had her surprise) :)

• Courtney says

Awwww YAYYY!!! Haha, girl, if I could figure out a way to ship them without them getting ruined, I’d be ALL over that for you 😉

8. Carol T. says

my golden birthday was several years ago. Let’s just say that I’m getting closer to retirement age….Birthdate is tomorrow 11/2

Love your blog