Ready and Waiting

by Courtney on October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!

We are now ready and waiting for any trick-or-treaters who most likely will not may come our way. Unfortunately, I don’t think the weather is supposed to be all the great today, so I guess we’ll see how all that goes.

Either way, I am stocked up on two of my favorites: 100 Grand and Twix bars. I realize that I could have easily gotten away with just getting one bag; but while I was out, I was faced with about 10 different kinds and got totally overwhelmed. I wanted them ALL. Luckily, Jay will be able to take any excess in to work with him so it’s no big deal.

Orrrrrr, we’ll just keep them here and take care of them all ourselves? Winking smile

Last Night’s Dinner

We had some good stuff happenin’ over here for dinner last night!

Jay cooked up a few chicken breasts and I prepared myself a piece of salmon that I bought earlier this week. It was really super simple – I brushed it with a little olive oil, sprinkled it with Old Bay Seasoning and dill weed, put a few lemon slices on top, and baked it in the oven (350 degrees) for about 20 minutes. It was delicious.

I also managed to convince Jay to cook up some oven roasted potatoes. Yes, I could have done it, but he makes them sooooo much better than I do.

No idea what he does to make them, but I’ll let him keep that secret for himself because as soon as I know it, that means he has no reason to make them anymore. Mwahaha.

Later in the evening, while watching The Voice (gosh, I love that show!) I treated myself to a mug of hot chocolate and two pieces of Halloween candy.

I mean, the stuff is sitting right in front of my face…I’m not going to not eat it. Chocolaty and delicious.

*****

Breakfast

I am so, so happy…my bread turned out great! And really, I’m always game for a little chocolate at breakfast.

Be on the lookout for the recipe this afternoon, once I get it all typed out.

As much as I could have easily made a breakfast of just the bread, I knew I needed a little more than chocolate and peanut butter. So I also cooked up a couple of scrambled eggs with sautéed spinach and feta.

And ketchup. YUM.

And with that, I’m off! Catch ya soon with a recipeeeee. Winking smile

1 Elaine October 31, 2012 at 8:50 am

Oh I can’t wait to see the bread recipe later today! And I have not had salmon in weeks, but that picture is making me want some tonight! Looks delicious!
Elaine recently posted..Double Whipped Pumpkin Brownie Pie

2 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles October 31, 2012 at 8:59 am

That’s the fun of Halloween candy – having a bit for yourself :-p
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..WIAW # 8–Birthday Eats.

3 Michelle @ Eat Move Balance October 31, 2012 at 9:02 am

Happy Halloween! The bread looks like it’s a winner . . . can’t wait to see the recipe.
Michelle @ Eat Move Balance recently posted..Happy National Candy Corn Day!

4 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope October 31, 2012 at 9:03 am

Happy Halloween! That salmon looks so good. I’ve never cooked salmon before but I’ve always wanted to try it.
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Weekend Recap & Hurricane Sandy…

5 Natalie @ Free Range Human October 31, 2012 at 9:18 am

You got chocolate Halloween candy! You’ll definitely be a go-to house ;) That hot chocolate sounds so good right now. I’ve been craving it for a few days and I think it’s time to give in.
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..It’s Kind Of My Thing

6 Angela @ Health's Angel October 31, 2012 at 9:18 am

Yum, I love salmon so much but I am so intimidated to try and cook it for myself. I always get it prepared. I don’t know why!? I guess I’m afraid that it’ll be bland or I’ll dry it out!
Angela @ Health’s Angel recently posted..Hallows’ Eve Storms

7 kim@hungryhealthygirl October 31, 2012 at 9:27 am

Hope you get at least a couple of trick-or-treaters. I’ll for sure be on the look out for the bread recipe! Have a fun Halloween!
kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday!

8 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie October 31, 2012 at 9:32 am

Our trick-or-treaters came on Sunday, so now we have leftover candy in the house too. Dangerous, but awesome :)
Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie recently posted..Tuesday Tangents

9 Khushboo October 31, 2012 at 9:43 am

I wanna come to your place for trick-o-treating!!
Khushboo recently posted..Starbucks comes to India…finally!

10 Maggie October 31, 2012 at 9:46 am

Last night I ate Reeses (from my Halloween candy stash) with chocolate milk and my bf thought I was crazy w my choc overload. Glad to see you paired your candy w hot chocolate :)

11 Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 31, 2012 at 9:46 am

I’m a huge sucker for any kind of bread, especially when chocolate is involved. Can’t wait to see the recipe! And I’m pretty much in the same boat as you are when it comes to trick-or-treaters. Ready and waiting, but not expecting a big turn out.
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... monthly favorites – october 2012 .

12 Molly P. October 31, 2012 at 9:55 am

With those two kinds of chocolate in MY house, I doubt there’d be a lot left for any Trick-or-Treaters. I’ve also consumed my weight in candy corn this year. SHAME :P haha

13 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries October 31, 2012 at 9:55 am

Your dinner from last night looks delicious!!! We had salmon too… I need to try it with some Old Bay – I always forget about that stuff. I haven’t had a 100 Grand in forever… My favorites are Reese’s, Butterfinger, & Snickers!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..WIAW #58: From An Exhausted Pregnant Lady

14 Lauren @ Chocolate Cheese and Wine October 31, 2012 at 9:56 am

Ahhh I love 100 Grand Bars too, but for some reason, I never get them. Maybe that’s a good thing?
Lauren @ Chocolate Cheese and Wine recently posted..Bacon and Sausage Breakfast Casserole

15 Allie October 31, 2012 at 10:33 am

Glad to see I’m not the only one who enjoys ketchup on their eggs!
Allie recently posted..Bloating Like a Mofo

16 Chelsea@Ahintofhealthy October 31, 2012 at 10:33 am

Well hopefully you get a couple this year :) Have a great Halloween! Your dinner looks fantastic!
Chelsea@Ahintofhealthy recently posted..Halloween Round up!

17 lisa fine October 31, 2012 at 10:38 am

We moved to our new place in Vermont a few months ago, so I have no idea how many trick-or-treaters we’ll get tonight. I imagine we’ll watch a scary (or hopefully not so scary) movie as we wait and see who knocks!
lisa fine recently posted..walking the kingdom challenge 5k

18 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl October 31, 2012 at 10:42 am

Aren’t 100 Grand bars delicious? So caramely and gooey! It seems like they are forgotten about a lot which is just so wrong….more for us though, right?
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Pizza Toasters: Perfect for a Snack or a Light Meal

19 Sarah October 31, 2012 at 10:43 am

I always finish my meal with a little (or a lot) of chocolate too!
As usual, your food looks delicious! Happy Halloween :)
Sarah recently posted..WIAW: hurricane survivor style

20 krystal October 31, 2012 at 10:45 am

Im sooo excited for Halloween this is the first I live in a house where I can pass out candy. I got my childhood favorite kit kats and some others that im not as big of a fan of so I wont eat a bunch hehe. I also bought a regular sized twix bar and a bag of m&ms for any kid that I see that has a really awesome costume. So excited!
krystal recently posted..MIMM: Bachelorette Party Fun

21 michelle kim October 31, 2012 at 10:58 am

Looks like a healthy and simple dinner! LOVE that!
Good job only eating two. If i’m near a lot of candy and chocolates, it’s pretty much going to be consumed in masses after the first one (especially Halloween candy because they’re small/bite-sized).
michelle kim recently posted..Useless Biceps

22 Marielle October 31, 2012 at 11:11 am

Ha- we have tons of candy as well…and I definetly had some last night too. We’ll see how many trick or treaters we get!
Marielle recently posted..How to Survive a New Group Ex Class

23 Becka @ simplybecka October 31, 2012 at 11:28 am

Put candy in front of me and I shall eat it too. Happy Halloween Courtney! Have a great day.
Becka @ simplybecka recently posted..awaken the giant within yourself…

24 Meghan @ After the Ivy League October 31, 2012 at 11:31 am

Can’t wait for the bread recipe, anything that includes chocolate is right up my alley. We’ve had candy in the house for days, and I’ve definitely been enjoying a couple pieces now and then! My main favorites right now are Skittles and Kitkats, yum!
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..WIAW #9: On a Bad Day

25 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake October 31, 2012 at 3:50 pm

And now I’m craving hot chocolate! Yum!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Totally Bumming It

26 Michelle@Peachy Palate October 31, 2012 at 3:55 pm

Straight to check out your new banana bread now! Banana bread queen!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Halloween!!!

27 Bek @ Crave November 1, 2012 at 2:01 am

Did you get any trick or treaters? Haha, I think it’s good you tasted the chocolate- you had to do quality control ;)
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Relax

28 Emilie @ Hungry Delights November 1, 2012 at 8:10 pm

Gosh, all your food looks soo yummy! I never have heard of 100Grand bars…
Emilie @ Hungry Delights recently posted..WIAW – It is heating up!

29 Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes November 3, 2012 at 6:52 pm

I haven’t had a 100 Grand in so long–they’re delicious!
Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes recently posted..Hurricane Sandy—Back in Business