Not ONE.

by Courtney on November 1, 2012

Not one trick-or-treater last night. Not ONE.

I sat around waiting, all snuggled up under my favorite blanket with my festive Halloween socks proudly on display…but nada.

Even Cody was bored with waiting around.

Ahh well. I can’t say that I’m really surprised. Wishful thinking I suppose. Winking smile

While we waited for some little ghosts and goblins to show up at our door, the two of us tag-teamed some dinner. Oh my goddddd, it was so good.

Jay reheated some of the leftover potatoes from Tuesday in a skillet (making them even better this time around).

While I prepared a couple of chicken and avocado wraps for us. I filled up two LaTortilla Factory wraps with leftover grilled chicken, about half of an avocado for each (I ate up the rest of it just plain), cheese (provolone for me), and a little bit of homemade garlic mayo that Jay whipped up (he literally just threw some minced garlic into the mayo).

Once they were wrapped up, I placed them on a griddle and let them brown up a bit on both sides, making everything in the center nice and warm.

They were definitely awesome.

After dinner, we caught up on some of our favorite shows and managed to dig into the Halloween candy stash a bit…

Those Twix were tastin’ goooood last night!

As far as breakfast goes, you guys aren’t missing much. I had a repeat of yesterday, but was too lazy to take the photos. It was just as good though, I promise.

FYI: For those of you looking to link up for the final week of the October Yoga Challenge, it’ll be up later this afternoon!

Questions for the Morning:

• Did you get many trick-or-treaters where you live last night? Nope.
  • Did you dress up at all for Halloween this year?  Yup.
  • Have you enjoyed any Halloween candy yet? Winking smile You betcha.

1 steph@stephsbitebybite November 1, 2012 at 8:42 am

WOW!! I can’t believe you didn’t have any trick or treaters. :( SAD!
steph@stephsbitebybite recently posted..October Bakin’ Friends

2 Khushboo Thadani November 1, 2012 at 8:45 am

I enjoyed holiday candy last night…although I should probably add that it wasn’t Halloween candy…more like Hershey mini Easter eggs (don’t ask haha)!
Khushboo Thadani recently posted..Last but not least…

3 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More November 1, 2012 at 8:46 am

I was working last night but my parents said we had a decent amount of trick or treaters but I’m still surprised we didn’t have more. There’s too much candy in this house that’s just teasing me – not fair!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..#thankfulfor

4 Angela @ Health's Angel November 1, 2012 at 8:50 am

Aw, that’s a bummer. I love your socks! And that dinner does look great. I went through a phase awhile back where I couldn’t get enough avocado. I had a random craving for it this week and bought a couple at the store but they haven’t been tasting too great. Finding good-quality avocados is SUCH a rarity around here.
Angela @ Health’s Angel recently posted..Cube Life = Healthy Life?

5 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles November 1, 2012 at 8:50 am

I was in the same boat – not one! Now I’ve got a small pile of candy I have to give away (keeping some of it obviously, but I don’t need an entire bowlful of PB cups.
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Rehashing October.

6 Brandi November 1, 2012 at 8:51 am

Not one!? Well, I only had two. :) No dressing up here…if you count pj’s, I did dress up like someone going to bed. :)
I made some aweseome halloween cookies!
Brandi recently posted..Happy Halloween!

7 Courtney November 1, 2012 at 9:22 am

Your costume sounds right up my alley ;)

8 Amanda @ .running with spoons. November 1, 2012 at 8:56 am

We actually got -4- kids and I was super shocked… The weather was really bad so I wasn’t expecting any, and I ended up giving the kids that came like huge handfuls of candy for being brave :lol: Still have plenty left over to enjoy though.
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... WIAW … what true health is [to me] .

9 Blog is the New Black November 1, 2012 at 8:57 am

In the 4 years we’ve been here for Halloween, NEVER have we gottena trick-or-treater! Makes me sad!
Blog is the New Black recently posted..Chicken Parmesan Wontons

10 Monica November 1, 2012 at 8:57 am

I feel your disappointment. We just moved to a new subdivision, so I wasn’t sure what to expect. Usually we get over 300 trick-or-treaters, so I bought the same amount of candy, hoping it would be the same at the new place. Nope. 16 total. Including adults who I shoved candy at by the handful.
At least I got to dress up!

11 Courtney November 1, 2012 at 9:21 am

Oh mannnn…you must have so much leftover?! That’s crazy

12 Monica November 1, 2012 at 9:44 am

Luckily, I work with a bunch of candy-crazy guys, so I just brought the leftovers to work. (Excluding the stash I took out for myself, of course!)

13 Tiffany @SkinnyTiffanyBlog November 1, 2012 at 9:00 am

Yea… I didn’t have any trick-or-treaters either! :( But I did take my step son trick-or-treating & I DID dress up! He was batman & I was wonder woman. He enjoyed every minute of it! And I will admit… I did sneak a couple of his Reeses peanut butter cups! :D They’re just too good to pass up!
Tiffany @SkinnyTiffanyBlog recently posted..Day 32 – Trick or Treat, Give me Candy!

14 Natalie @ Free Range Human November 1, 2012 at 9:00 am

Those wraps do look delicious! We had quite a few trick or treaters last night. I’ve enjoyed a piece or two of Halloween candy, but I’m saving the good stuff for a treat after our hike this weekend!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Double, Double, Toil and Trouble

15 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life November 1, 2012 at 9:00 am

Sorry you didn’t get a single trick or treater! I had about 10 and I thought my turn out wasn’t great.. I guess I should be thankful for what I got! :) I am actually not a huge candy person, but I did have a fun size pack of peanut m&ms and a Reese cup. Festive cupcakes, cookies, treats, etc are what really own my heart!
Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..WIAW: Spooky Halloween Supper

16 Courtney November 1, 2012 at 9:21 am

Mmmmm, love me some festive treats!! :-P

17 Lindsey November 1, 2012 at 9:05 am

None?! I was sad with the 25 we got. Growing up our house would get 300 plus kids. Sadly, I think too many kids go to malls these days which is not the fun in Halloween.
I did not dress up :( First time in years!
I ate TOO much and need to detox! haha Feel sugar hungover today!
Lindsey recently posted..Happy Halloween

18 Courtney November 1, 2012 at 9:20 am

We used to get that many when I was growing up too! The doorbell would ring continuously for HOURS. I loved it!

19 Maggie November 1, 2012 at 9:05 am

Hey Courtney, I’ve been reading your blog for a while now and I just wanted to let you know how much you have changed my perception of healthy for the better. I used to think that the less bread, carbs etc. I ate and the more of everything else the better my body would feel. When in reality that left me hungry all the time. By reading your blog I have learned that it’s okay to have waffles for breakfast (w pb and banana) or a sandwich for lunch and that healthy doesn’t always mean just egg whites and salads.

20 Courtney November 1, 2012 at 9:19 am

Maggie, that is SO great to hear! There was once a time in my life where I thought the same things as you used to. That being said, I am so, so happy that you’ve found a comfortable, happy way to be healthy…especially with waffles, pb, and banana :)

21 Jillian @ Trail Mix Diaries November 1, 2012 at 9:10 am

Oooh, that wrap looks yummy!! Love chicken & avocado together. I only got 2 groups of Trick or Treaters, for a total of 7 kids – and that’s only because they were my friends who brought their kids & their friends! I live at the end of a dead end at the top of a hill, no one wants to walk up it. I did not dress up for Halloween this year, but I did make my fur-baby a costume! Haha. And is Halloween candy for breakfast bad? Oops. Darn Junior Mints ;-)
Jillian @ Trail Mix Diaries recently posted..Happy Halloween!

22 Courtney November 1, 2012 at 9:18 am

Hahaha, own that candy for breakfast! ;)

23 krystal November 1, 2012 at 9:23 am

I got sooooo many kids it was crazy! We ran out of candy at 7:30, I was sad. I really enjoyed seeing the kids in their costumes. It was definitely fun while it lasted.
krystal recently posted..MIMM: Bachelorette Party Fun

24 Julie @ Sweetly Balanced November 1, 2012 at 9:25 am

That’s crazy! We are living in a Hurricane zone and we at least got two trick or treaters! P.S. Love those socks! :)
Julie @ Sweetly Balanced recently posted..NYC Marathon Debate

25 Danica @ It's Progression November 1, 2012 at 9:38 am

We had exactly ONE trick-or-treater last night, and we were disappointed too! Not to mention the fact that we now have a ton of candy leftover…I made the hubby bring it to work with him :)
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..thankful thursday

26 Alycia November 1, 2012 at 9:40 am

Well, both good and bad, now you have candy in the house if a craving every strikes you! :)

We took our 6 year old trick or treating last night, and he ended up with a crap load of candy! And its actually good stuff this year, not the cheapo stuff from the past.

I dressed up for work yesterday as part of Fight Club. I had on a Fight Club tshirt, and gave myself a black eye, blood dripping down my chin, and a bandage on my forehead. When anyone asked what I was, I told them “The first rule of Fight Club is you don’t talk about Fight Club”. It was so much fun!

27 Beks November 1, 2012 at 9:40 am

Did you get many trick-or-treaters where you live last night? Nope. But we hid in the basement, so it was more because we’re a misanthropic bunch…and we wanted the candy to ourselves…

Did you dress up at all for Halloween this year? I dressed up as myself, and it’s as scary a costume as they come.

Have you enjoyed any Halloween candy yet? See question 1. :D
Beks recently posted..Happy Halloween!

28 Marie November 1, 2012 at 9:41 am

We only had 4 kids, kinda disappointing! It was our first Halloween in our new house and I bought 2 bags of candy. Not sure what I’m going to do with all of it!!

29 chelcie @ chelcie's food files November 1, 2012 at 9:44 am

my mom said we only got 7 trick or treaters back home! which is better than none but still a little pathetic..I think its because my whole neighborhood grew up together and now we are all way too old to go trick or treating! Your wrap for dinner sounds amazing!!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..WIAW- New Pumpkin Find!

30 kim@hungryhealthygirl November 1, 2012 at 9:44 am

Too bad you didn’t have any trick-or-treaters, but that just means more candy for you to enjoy! I took my kiddos trick-or-treating last night and ate way too much candy….and I’ve told myself….none today!
kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..Chicken Enchiladas healthified and sooooo good

31 Stephanie @ StephSnacks November 1, 2012 at 9:47 am

I love the idea of heating the wrap on the skillet – I definitely think I am going to try that out :) I actually dressed up as Snooki and purchased a little boy babydoll to be Lorenzo! It was pretty funny.
Stephanie @ StephSnacks recently posted..Mayhem

32 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie November 1, 2012 at 9:51 am

Wow those wraps look amazing! And we didn’t get any trick or treaters either and now we have way too much candy!
Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie recently posted..Two Easy Chicken Recipes (& a Milo PSA)

33 Yellow Haired Girl November 1, 2012 at 10:07 am

I’ve emjoyed faaaaaar too much candy. Permanent belly ache ;)
Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..Happy Halloween!

34 Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire November 1, 2012 at 10:40 am

We didn’t get any either! Now we have a huge bowl of candy, and 2 people to eat it. Game on!
Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire recently posted..That’s Why They Are Treats

35 Michelle@Peachy Palate November 1, 2012 at 10:48 am

We had tons! We ran out of candy by about 7pm! So many kids in my area; I didn’t dress up though!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Peanut Butter Lovers Breakfast

36 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl November 1, 2012 at 10:59 am

I am loving your Halloween socks…very festive!

We had quite a few trick-or-treaters. In fact, we actually ran out of candy 40 minutes before the official “trick-or-treating” time was up…whoops! Looks like we could have used some of your candy!
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..A Spicy Recipe to Keep You Warm: Vegetarian Tortilla Soup

37 Sarah November 1, 2012 at 11:09 am

The wrap and the potatoes look so, so good! And so perfectly done,too! And at least there’s more candy for you :)
Sarah recently posted..Papermoon Diner and Thankful Thursday

38 Michelle Levine November 1, 2012 at 11:23 am

That is so funny… I wonder why no trick-or-treaters come by ! I know so many people that also had no visitors ! Maybe the weather ? Or people being health conscious these days ? I live in an apartment so I knew there would be no visitors walking up a winding staircause to the third floor lol Oh well more candy for you !
Michelle Levine recently posted..November Events in Boston 2012

39 Meghan @ After the Ivy League November 1, 2012 at 11:24 am

We had a total of 4 trick-or-treaters last night, so disappointing! We live in a pretty busy neighborhood too, I was a little surprised we didn’t have more. Although I guess not really, since it’s not a very kid-friendly area. Needless to say, the 4 kids who did show up got their fair share of candy! Still a ton leftover, thank goodness :)
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..A Day in the Life

40 Shannon (Healthiful Balance) November 1, 2012 at 11:35 am

No trick or treaters came to my house either. I live on a hill so I guess they didnt want to walk all the way up. :P

Ohh, your dinner looks SO good!!
Shannon (Healthiful Balance) recently posted..Let’s Dance!

41 Shannon November 1, 2012 at 11:44 am

We got 9 trick-or-treaters last night. More than what we usually get but still not a lot. There aren’t many little kids that live near me, so I was sort of surprised to see more than the neighbors at the door last night.

Yes- I dressed up as a witch for school.

Of course! I had about 3 Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups after dinner.

42 Marielle November 1, 2012 at 11:47 am

Oh my gosh- we have so much candy leftover…we had about 10 kids, ugh. I named to find a way to give my candy away!

43 Andrea @ Vegvacious November 1, 2012 at 11:56 am

We live in a pretty rural area, so we were pretty excited to get 21 trick or treaters.

Yes, I dressed as a pirate on Friday & Saturday.

Yeppers – I’ve indulged in a few little treats. Sour Patch Kids, a PB cup and mini Aero so far!
Andrea @ Vegvacious recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday

44 michelle kim November 1, 2012 at 11:59 am

It’s sad but I answer “no” to all the questions! I live on campus in apartments so no trick-or-treaters. I didn’t even have any Halloween candy! But I had some dark chocolate from Trader Joe’s on hand, so I had some of that.
I love the second picture with Cody. He really does look bored :P
michelle kim recently posted..Useless Biceps

45 Tara November 1, 2012 at 12:26 pm

I bought sooo much candy and we still had a full bucket when the end of the night came :( We had a couple of trick or treaters…but not many! Oh well, maybe next year ;) Now, I am just worried about how to get all of this candy out of my house!

46 Lauren November 1, 2012 at 12:27 pm

Aww, that stinks! Are you sure it didn’t get postponed? Ours got moved to Saturday afternoon which seems odd.
Lauren recently posted..WIAW: Halloween Edition

47 Allison @ Running Through Red Lights November 1, 2012 at 12:35 pm

I have to answer no to all of these, too. I’m always such a Halloween dud. :-/ We live in an apartment, so we never have trick-or-treaters, I purposely didn’t buy any candy because I knew I would just devour it all by myself, and I never dress up (though my husband did have to dress up as a ballerina for a 5K last weekend, so I wore the tutu around the apartment for an hour–if that counts as dressing up!).
Allison @ Running Through Red Lights recently posted..Ironman Motivation

48 Jentry Nielsen November 1, 2012 at 12:51 pm

I didn’t get any either! NOT ONE I was so upset! I fought my way in the massive crowd to get any sort of candy there was left after work yesterday, sat there by the door watching scary movies waiting for cute little ones to knock on my door…..waited more….NOTHING! I was so upset! At least your dinner does look delicious! :) ha
Jentry Nielsen recently posted..Happy Halloween! Watch a Scary Movie and Burn Calories!

49 Ashlee November 1, 2012 at 1:08 pm

I am making roasted potatoes tonight! Yours look delicious..what did he put on them? Parmesan?

50 Courtney November 1, 2012 at 1:18 pm

No idea, haha. I don’t want to know because then he has no reason to make them anymore ;)

51 Rachel November 1, 2012 at 1:17 pm

I’m just catching up now :D been without power for a couple days because of the Hurricane

Anddd even though trees were down and it was prob dangerous I got TONS of trick or treaters… those kids mean business! lol I’m sadly out of candy :/ I was able to snag a Mounds bar though haha
Rachel recently posted..Happy Halloween!

52 Laura @ LauraLikesDesign November 1, 2012 at 1:34 pm

We didn’t get any trick or treaters either–we don’t really have many kids in the neighborhood. I’m happy that Halloween is over–now onto the holiday season! :)
Laura @ LauraLikesDesign recently posted..Happy Halloween!

53 Lauren @The Homeostatic Mindset November 1, 2012 at 1:38 pm

NONE?? That sucks :( I got 4, which was a record for us! I live in a house right by my University, along with about a bajillion other students, so the kiddo’s usually avoid us! Not this year ;) So glad I picked up random milk chocolate pumpkins for myself…If we didn’t find those…oh boy. At first my roommate offered them some celery that she was roasting! ha!
Lauren @The Homeostatic Mindset recently posted..A Very Happy Halloween!!!

54 Karen November 1, 2012 at 1:58 pm

For the last 2 years we have not had any trick or treaters, but every year I still buy candy! Last night we had 4, it was SO EXCITING!! Maybe next year!

55 Renee November 1, 2012 at 2:46 pm

We had about 3 trick-or treaters and I will tell you right now I can’t buy Twix to give out or I would eat the WHOLE bag. They are sooo good!
Renee recently posted..October Foodie Pen Pals

56 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake November 1, 2012 at 4:01 pm

HAVE I enjoyed Halloween candy?! Omg yes, too much!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..A Holiday Tradition

57 Katy November 1, 2012 at 5:52 pm

We live in an apartment building so we don’t get trick or treaters. Instead we took our nieces and nephews around some local neighborhoods. I certainly stole way too many mini Twix bars in the process. :-)
Katy recently posted..Trick Or Treat

58 Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets November 1, 2012 at 10:46 pm

Awww.. well at least it means you get more Halloween candy for you and Jay ;) We didn’t get any trick-or-treaters either, but I live in a condo building so I wasn’t expecting it anyway
Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets recently posted..butter chicken pizza + an apology

59 Bek @ Crave November 2, 2012 at 1:49 am

We saw plenty of trick or treaters around but noone wanted to visit us?! Maybe our house looks haunted;) I don’t typically do the whole Halloween thing so I didn’t dress up or buy any ‘candy’ for the occasion.
Bek @ Crave recently posted..The only way is up

60 Laura November 2, 2012 at 3:10 pm

Ugh in all the years ive lived on my own, I’ve never had a trick or treater!! This was the first year i forced myself NOT to buy candy. LOL sad. But probably better for my waistline ;)

61 Becka @ simplybecka November 5, 2012 at 11:01 am

My in-laws had very few trick or treaters here either, in Northern Kentucky, it was so cold, windy and rainy. Not good weather at all.
Becka @ simplybecka recently posted..healing from loss…