When the Craving Strikes + Yoga Challenge, Final Recap

by Courtney on November 1, 2012

Hey, hey! How’s November starting off for everyone today? Super awesome, hopefully!?

So by around 10:30 this morning, my stomach was growwwwwling. Apparently breakfast didn’t do as well today as it did yesterday, so I fixed myself a quick snack.

Another bowl of cottage cheese with fresh pineapple and strawberries. Mmmm, love it.

Shortly after that, I broke up the morning with a nice and easy, 3-mile treadmill walk.

Today happens to be one of my slower days, in terms of client training plans and blog stuff, so I made sure to get myself away from the monotony of sitting at the computer all morning and got up and moving.

A little bit later, I fixed myself a little something for lunch…errrr, breakfast?

I couldn’t help it. A corn English muffin with pumpkin + PB + pumpkin butter + banana + chia seeds just sounded better than anything else I could have come up with.

Hey, when the craving strikes, right?

I’ll try to work on getting some veggies in this afternoon (they haven’t quite been on top of the priority list the past couple of days for some reason), but I’m not making any promises. Winking smile

I am, however, suddenly reeeeeeally in the mood to hit up Starbucks today, for no other reason except for the fact that I keep seeing the red holiday cups are back…

(photo courtesy of Molly’s Instagram – by the way, Molly, I agree with the motto!)

Why, oh why, do I get so sucked in to marketing ploys like this? Please tell me I’m not the only one?!

*****

Alright, my friends. We are no longer in October, so you know what that means…

October Yoga Challenge – Final Recap!

Can you believe it? The October Yoga Challenge has officially come to a close. Compared to my challenge in June, I wouldn’t say that I had my best showing this month. Here’s a quick rundown…

My Challenge (final week and a half): Do 3 yoga sessions for the week

Actual: 2 yoga sessions complete

• 10lb. Slimdown Xtreme Yoga DVD – 40 minutes
  • 10lb. Slimdown Yoga DVD – 20 minutes

Even after giving myself a week and a half to complete my final challenge, I still fell short. I don’t know what happened, but my desire and motivation to do yoga this month sort of trailed off. I suppose I could chalk it up to a few up and down weeks, or from the quick re-introduction to running that took over for a bit. But honestly, I just wasn’t feelin’ it.

But hey, you know what? It totally happens to the best of us, so I’m really not worried about it how things went. I still plan to do yoga when I feel like it…not because I feel like I have to do it, and I still really need to get my butt to a yoga class and use that Groupon a bought (still haven’t made it out).

I’m sure a few weeks from now, I’ll probably wind up all “OMG I love yoga and want to do it all the tiiiiime” again. But for now, I’m content with a few sessions here or there.

I’m really excited to see how all of you did with the completion of your challenge (hopefully a bit better than me!) so feel free to link up and share!

10.
11.
12.

( Collection closed )
Link tool by Inlinkz

1 Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness November 1, 2012 at 2:13 pm

I could totally eat breakfast all day every day! Your lunch/breakfast looks awesome! I need to get into yoga more…maybe next time you do a challenge I will have to join in!
Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness recently posted..Fall Vegetable Soup

2 Alicia Orozco November 1, 2012 at 2:54 pm

I keep seeing Chia seeds on your food and I keep promising myself that I would try it out…but I haven’t yet. It does look good!! However, I think I like the snack the most!
Alicia Orozco recently posted..KLUTCHclub Review Finished

3 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More November 1, 2012 at 2:57 pm

It may TECHNICALLY be the 1st of november but I still have today (in my mind) to complete my 3x per week. And as soon as I leave Starbucks (red cup in hand), I’ll get in a bit of yoga at home and link up tomorrow. :)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..#thankfulfor

4 Molly L. November 1, 2012 at 2:59 pm

Yay- thanks for the photo shout-out! To be honest, the red cup craze that I saw on FB/Instagram when I woke up was the deciding factor for me as well :)

But, the cardboard cup grip is still sitting on my desk to remind me to rekindle!

5 Lisa November 1, 2012 at 3:05 pm

The red cups being back so early are so random! I got on on Sunday. It felt a little too early, but I was also pretty excited. But I went back the next day and sadly didn’t get one. Odd. I did one yoga class this month ha ha. I fail at this. I guess it’s better than zero.

6 Sarah November 1, 2012 at 3:10 pm

LOVE the pink sneaks! I love breakfast for lunch, dinner, snacks, any meal really! Can you say waffles? Yummm. I really want to start doing some more yoga once xc is over. I’m going to make it my goal to go at least once a week. It’s so, so, so good for you!
Sarah recently posted..Papermoon Diner and Thankful Thursday

7 Annette@FitnessPerks November 1, 2012 at 3:28 pm

I love breakfast foods! And would have them at every meal if I didn’t get sick of ‘em I guess. I LOVE eggs. ;)
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..4 Ways to Fall Asleep Faster

8 Liz @ IHeartVegetables November 1, 2012 at 3:49 pm

The red cups are back?! Clearly this is an excuse for me to go to Starbucks haha

9 Michelle@Peachy Palate November 1, 2012 at 3:54 pm

You got pumpkin in…that’s a vegetable! :) A big bowl of roasted pumpkin…with banana, chia seeds and almond butter/PB…along with some soy yoghurt or cottage cheese if that’s your thing….amazing!!! You’ll get most of what you want with added veg!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Beautifully Baked Beans

10 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl November 1, 2012 at 4:15 pm

I always feel so weird/wrong whenever I crave breakfast food (toast, pancakes, cereal) at any time other than the designated “breakfast time.” I suppose I should just start listening to my cravings more often!

My last week and a half of the yoga challenge was successful. I completed my 2 sessions last week and have already completed one this week. I hope to continue incorporating yoga into my workout routine, but definitely do not want to feel pressured/stressed into forcing myself to do it…especially since it is supposed to be a relaxing activity! If I’m not into it one day, then I’m just not.
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..WIAW: October 31, 2012 + Happy World Vegan Day!

11 Olivia @ Liv Lives Life November 1, 2012 at 4:31 pm

Ugh I literally stopped dead in my tracks and turned around when I saw people walking away from Starbucks with the holiday cups. I wasn’t even in the mood for a drink but I had to get one anyway!

You’re sooooo not alone!
Olivia @ Liv Lives Life recently posted..Thursday Thoughts

12 michelle kim November 1, 2012 at 4:47 pm

Yum. That craving needs to be fulfilled pretty much every morning for me.
Darn. I did a 40-day thing where I “gave up” something… one of them was to give up spending monies at coffee shops… but when that’s over, I’m definitely going to get something from Starbucks in the holiday cup!
michelle kim recently posted..Back, Shoulders, Bi’s and Tri’s, Bi’s and Tri’s.

13 Danica @ It's Progression November 1, 2012 at 4:50 pm

I was in the same boat this past week and a half–just met 2 of the 3 sessions I had as my goal–my motivation seriously just went out the window. Oh well though I suppose :)
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..thankful thursday

14 Elaine November 1, 2012 at 5:15 pm

I could eat breakfast every meal of the day! Some of my favorite dinners are breakfast dinners. Warm pancakes or waffles for dinner sounds about right tonight. Thanks for the suggestion. :)
Elaine recently posted..Biscoff Caramel Blondies

15 Lauren November 1, 2012 at 5:39 pm

Haha, YES that is definitely a reason to hit up Starbucks! ;)
Lauren recently posted..WIAW: Halloween Edition

16 Janay @ Ranch Lickin' Good November 1, 2012 at 6:06 pm

You’re not the only one that loves the cups at Starbucks around the holiday season! That’s one of my favorite things!! Also because they bring back the peppermint mocha latte which is also one of my faves!! YUMMMM!!

17 Ellie@Fit for the Soul November 1, 2012 at 7:34 pm

ahh! haha, I’m drinking a spiced cider from starbucks and just realized that they’re already boasting their red wintery cups because of your post. :) And definitely, healthy eating and exercise is a must if we want to stay healthy, but once it becomes a “chain or bondage”, that’s no fun and it’s not good for our minds. So I think it’s really cool you’re being lenient with yourself! Sometimes that’s the harder thing to do.
Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..My Whole World’s About to Change

18 Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets November 1, 2012 at 10:43 pm

Ahhh no no no you are NOT alone in being sucked into Starbucks’ marketing ploys ;) I’m actually beyond excited that they’ve come out with their holidays cups, drinks + decorations! I’m all for celebrating the holidays as soon as humanly possible, which usually happens the day after Halloween ;)
Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets recently posted..butter chicken pizza + an apology

19 Jillian November 1, 2012 at 11:01 pm

Thanks to your yoga challenge I did yoga for the first time this month and love it! I managed to go 5 times in 2 weeks. Love it! Thank you for the extra push its something I have been wanting to do for a while.

20 Meghan @ After the Ivy League November 2, 2012 at 9:10 am

I tried to convince my coworker to go to Starbucks with me yesterday, purely for the holiday cups! You’re not the only one, I love those things! Makes me happy :)
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie Muffins

21 Em November 2, 2012 at 11:06 am

Thanks so much for hosting the yoga challenge!
Em recently posted..An October of Yoga

22 Bek @ Crave November 2, 2012 at 10:15 pm

I love your pink shoes! What brand are they?! Oh and I’m jealous about your fresh pineapple- that stuff is too good.
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Sh’Bam & testing the waters

23 Courtney November 3, 2012 at 5:53 pm

Reebok!

24 Brooke Tewell November 4, 2012 at 9:03 pm

I had a great start and I was so excited, I just got busy and let it slip :/ But I intend to keep doing yoga somewhat regular :) http://stuckinmyweighs.blogspot.com/2012/11/october-yoga-challenge-recap.html
Brooke Tewell recently posted..October Yoga Challenge Recap