Lots of Good Football Food

Good morning, everyone! Did you all have a fantastic weekend? Here’s a little peek at what was happening over here…

So to wrap up our weekend, we had a few of our friends over to watch some football (specifically, the Giants game since most of our guests are big G-men fans). It was sort of pulled together last minute on Saturday night, but we still managed to get some snacks ready for everyone.

Brian was impressed, can’t you tell? Winking smile

We had all sorts of tortilla chips, veggies, a cream cheese/salsa/cheddar cheese dip, and some healthier guacamole.

I also made these buffalo chicken crescent puffs, since I already had all of the ingredients on hand.

They were a little time consuming but everyone really seemed to like them so it was worth it.

Of course, there were also some sweets. Both Mal and I wound up making cookies for the day – hers were chocolate chip, mine were toffee chocolate chip – both were awesome.

A little later in the evening, we called and ordered a couple of pizzas.

I definitely enjoyed a couple pieces of pizza, plenty of guacamole, and a few cookies throughout the day. Lots of good football food for all! Smile

*****

Breakfast

Today’s breakfast included a new-to-me kind of cereal, and I have a feeling that it may excite some of you just as much as it excited me. Are you guys ready for this?

Raise your hand if you were a fan of Corn Pops cereal growing up. **raises hand**

WELL, I came across a new Kashi cereal last week, Simply Maize, and I am not kidding you when I say it tastes exactly like Corn Pops.

Besides the fact that I love how it tastes like Corn Pops and totally brings me back to my childhood, I love the fact that it’s got a super simple ingredient list; only 4 ingredients.

I am definitely a fan.

Today’s cereal bowl included half Simply Maize, half Quaker Oatmeal Squares (it’s been WAY too long!), strawberries, chia seeds, and unsweetened vanilla almond milk.

Deeeeeeee-licious.

Hope everyone’s Monday is off to a great start so far…catch ya laterrrrr!

Questions for the Morning:

What was the highlight of your weekend?

What was the best food you ate over the weekend?

Comments

Courtney I just came out with a football cookbook – all healthier options and everything is made from whole-food ingredients, even the buffalo wing sauce. I’d be happy to send you a copy if you are interested. Email me? thefamilypracticeblog@gmail.com

I just saw this Kashi cereal at our grocery store. Did they just come out with a bunch of new ones or is my store just late on the uptake?
    Kim @ The Family Practice recently posted..Small Town USA: Anchorage, AK

I love that so many healthy companies are coming out with healthy versions of stuff we loved as kids! Loved Corn pops!

I went to the Women of Faith conference in KC this weekend, and volunteered at a sales table. It was a lot of work, but very fun. Best thing I ate this weekend was Cinna-Stack pancakes at IHOP, but after working since 8 that morning, I was ready for a nice, hot meal. :-)
    Beks recently posted..Happy Halloween!

That bowl of cereal looks awesome! I never think to mix different cereals, but you just made me want to try that (especially since Oatmeal Squares are involved…my favorite!!).

The highlight of my weekend was going over to a friend’s house for brunch and mimosas. Nothing like girl time and good food/drinks. :)
    Elaine recently posted..Chewy Peanut Butter Apple Cookies

The highlight of my weekend was attending a dinner party that my mom threw on Saturday! I helped her make a lot of food, but my favorite was the mini arancini. If you haven’t heard of them, you should definitley try to make them or get your hands on some at some point! They are fried rice balls filled with sauce, but you can add any type of filling you want! They are def a cheat food, but totally worth it!!
    Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..Dinner Party Extravaganza & A Strange Oatmeal Combo

Wow – what a mouth-watering spread! You just can’t go wrong when ending the night with pizza, right? ;) I have a long-standing love affair with Oatmeal Square cereal. Isn’t it THE BEST? The brown sugar version (with some coconut milk and berries) has become my go-to dessert, lately.
    Emily recently posted..#MotivationMonday // When Everything Sucks

My eyes zeroed in on the cookies and would.not.leave. They look sooooo good :D And that cereal sounds amazing… Corn Pops were probably one of my favorite cereals as a kid (along with Cinnamon Toast Crunch), so I’d be all over those. Now if only Canada would get with the times and bring in the good stuff!
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... what’s in my purse .

I’ll have to give that Kashi cereal a try….it looks yummy! Highlight of my weekend was spending time with my nieces and teaching them how to make S’mores. And S’mores was definitely the best food that I had this weekend!

Now that is my kind of breakfast! I am a big fan of the Kashi Simply Maize cereal. It tastes delicious and I love the ingredient list.

The highlight of my weekend was spending time with old college friends in Arizona, where I also happened to eat some great food. My favorite thing that I ate was probably a veggie burger at a restaurant called Gordon Biersch…insanely good!
    Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..WIAW: October 31, 2012 + Happy World Vegan Day!

9. Shannon says

1. I got a cute change purse from my school’s craft fair this weekend. It has bright colors and animated cats on it. Even though I am a dog person, I love this change purse.

2. The best food I ate over the weekend was the rotisserie chicken dinner last night with mashed potatoes and bread. Yummy! :)

Trackbacks