Lots of Good Football Food

by Courtney on November 5, 2012

Good morning, everyone! Did you all have a fantastic weekend? Here’s a little peek at what was happening over here…

So to wrap up our weekend, we had a few of our friends over to watch some football (specifically, the Giants game since most of our guests are big G-men fans). It was sort of pulled together last minute on Saturday night, but we still managed to get some snacks ready for everyone.

Brian was impressed, can’t you tell? Winking smile

We had all sorts of tortilla chips, veggies, a cream cheese/salsa/cheddar cheese dip, and some healthier guacamole.

I also made these buffalo chicken crescent puffs, since I already had all of the ingredients on hand.

They were a little time consuming but everyone really seemed to like them so it was worth it.

Of course, there were also some sweets. Both Mal and I wound up making cookies for the day – hers were chocolate chip, mine were toffee chocolate chip – both were awesome.

A little later in the evening, we called and ordered a couple of pizzas.

I definitely enjoyed a couple pieces of pizza, plenty of guacamole, and a few cookies throughout the day. Lots of good football food for all! Smile

*****

Breakfast

Today’s breakfast included a new-to-me kind of cereal, and I have a feeling that it may excite some of you just as much as it excited me. Are you guys ready for this?

Raise your hand if you were a fan of Corn Pops cereal growing up. **raises hand**

WELL, I came across a new Kashi cereal last week, Simply Maize, and I am not kidding you when I say it tastes exactly like Corn Pops.

Besides the fact that I love how it tastes like Corn Pops and totally brings me back to my childhood, I love the fact that it’s got a super simple ingredient list; only 4 ingredients.

I am definitely a fan.

Today’s cereal bowl included half Simply Maize, half Quaker Oatmeal Squares (it’s been WAY too long!), strawberries, chia seeds, and unsweetened vanilla almond milk.

Deeeeeeee-licious.

Hope everyone’s Monday is off to a great start so far…catch ya laterrrrr!

Questions for the Morning:

What was the highlight of your weekend?

What was the best food you ate over the weekend?

1 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More November 5, 2012 at 8:45 am

YUM! That cereal looks AWESOME! I love Kashi SO much because they always use such simple ingredients but everything always tastes so yummy!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..MUSIC Monday

2 Angela @ Health's Angel November 5, 2012 at 8:48 am

Your cereal bowl sounds incredible. Cereal is my weakness…and those Quaker oatmeal squares? Ohhh don’t even get my started. I love Kashi cereals, too! I might have to check that one out.
Angela @ Health’s Angel recently posted..Cube Life = Healthy Life?

3 Natalie @ Free Range Human November 5, 2012 at 9:01 am

I’m definitely going to have to give that cereal a try. I loved Corn Pops! The highlight of my weekend was definitely the twelve mile hike we did on Saturday. The fall colors were popping and we got some gorgeous pictures!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..More Than The Miles

4 Kim @ The Family Practice November 5, 2012 at 9:07 am

Courtney I just came out with a football cookbook – all healthier options and everything is made from whole-food ingredients, even the buffalo wing sauce. I’d be happy to send you a copy if you are interested. Email me? thefamilypracticeblog@gmail.com

I just saw this Kashi cereal at our grocery store. Did they just come out with a bunch of new ones or is my store just late on the uptake?
Kim @ The Family Practice recently posted..Small Town USA: Anchorage, AK

5 Beks November 5, 2012 at 9:17 am

I love that so many healthy companies are coming out with healthy versions of stuff we loved as kids! Loved Corn pops!

I went to the Women of Faith conference in KC this weekend, and volunteered at a sales table. It was a lot of work, but very fun. Best thing I ate this weekend was Cinna-Stack pancakes at IHOP, but after working since 8 that morning, I was ready for a nice, hot meal. :-)
Beks recently posted..Happy Halloween!

6 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries November 5, 2012 at 9:24 am

Yum! I am loving your snack spread! Best part of my weekend was a little date night with the hubby on Friday night. We went to Coldstone this weekend, and my ice cream was hands down the best thing I ate all weekend. Their ice cream is so rich and creamy – I love it.
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Weekend Shenanigans

7 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie November 5, 2012 at 9:55 am

That pizza looks amazing! We had people over for football too and I just made them frozen pizzas — oops!
Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie recently posted..Dresses and Cake and Flowers – oh my! (Wedding Post)

8 Elaine November 5, 2012 at 10:18 am

That bowl of cereal looks awesome! I never think to mix different cereals, but you just made me want to try that (especially since Oatmeal Squares are involved…my favorite!!).

The highlight of my weekend was going over to a friend’s house for brunch and mimosas. Nothing like girl time and good food/drinks. :)
Elaine recently posted..Chewy Peanut Butter Apple Cookies

9 Courtney November 5, 2012 at 12:17 pm

You seriously can’t beat girl time + mimosas :)

10 Khushboo November 5, 2012 at 10:19 am

Corn pops were a favourite…especially dry! I used to eat that stuff like crisps!
Khushboo recently posted..Worth a shot

11 Maria @powerpeanutlife November 5, 2012 at 10:24 am

Loving the football spread…especially those puffs.

Mind sharing the four ingredients of your new fave cereal? ;)

12 Courtney November 5, 2012 at 12:16 pm

If you click on the link to them, you’ll find it on there! I don’t have the box near me right now :)

13 Sarah November 5, 2012 at 10:40 am

The only thing I like about football: the schnacks :)
As usual, everything you made looks so good! I made tortellini friday night… that was probably the highlight for me… besides the 4 pounds of grapes that I just bought and are already gone… oops
Sarah recently posted..And back to your regularly scheduled programming…

14 Karla November 5, 2012 at 10:45 am

Those buffalo chicken bites look amazing! I’ve gotta make those. Highlight of my weekend was spending Saturday being a total goofball out and about shopping with my husband! Best food was a burrito from chipotle! Yum!
Karla recently posted..Don’t take our eyes off God

15 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction November 5, 2012 at 10:47 am

The highlight of my weekend was attending a dinner party that my mom threw on Saturday! I helped her make a lot of food, but my favorite was the mini arancini. If you haven’t heard of them, you should definitley try to make them or get your hands on some at some point! They are fried rice balls filled with sauce, but you can add any type of filling you want! They are def a cheat food, but totally worth it!!
Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..Dinner Party Extravaganza & A Strange Oatmeal Combo

16 Courtney November 5, 2012 at 12:16 pm

I’ve never heard of them, but they sound super delish!

17 chelcie @ chelcie's food files November 5, 2012 at 10:48 am

I use to LOVE corn pops! I will definitely have to keep my eye out for that cereal! Those buffalo chicken puffs sound amazing..I’m a total sucker for another buffalo chicken!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..Cold Weather=Hot Oats

18 Lauren November 5, 2012 at 10:50 am

The food at football parties is ALWAYS a winner. Those buffalo chicken bites look to die for though!
Glad you had a great Sunday lady!
Lauren recently posted..Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Chili

19 Emily November 5, 2012 at 10:52 am

Wow – what a mouth-watering spread! You just can’t go wrong when ending the night with pizza, right? ;) I have a long-standing love affair with Oatmeal Square cereal. Isn’t it THE BEST? The brown sugar version (with some coconut milk and berries) has become my go-to dessert, lately.
Emily recently posted..#MotivationMonday // When Everything Sucks

20 Courtney November 5, 2012 at 12:15 pm

Yes, it seriously awesome. I love the stuff…a lot :)

21 Becka @ simplybecka November 5, 2012 at 11:00 am

Wow what a spread you put out on game day. Yummy looking. This weekend’s best moment was me getting over my head cold, slowly working my way back to being well. Have a great week. ^_^
Becka @ simplybecka recently posted..healing from loss…

22 Rachel November 5, 2012 at 11:06 am

I’ve been looking at that cereal every time I go to the store!! Glad to hear you like it :D I’ve actually never had corn pops thou haha I was a cheerios girl :p
Rachel recently posted..MIMM #14: Pumpkin Pear Bread

23 Lindsay November 5, 2012 at 11:06 am

My thoughts exactly on the healthy corn pops! So glad I discovered that cereal!

24 Michelle Levine November 5, 2012 at 11:25 am

Looks like you had lots of food in the mix for the weekend ! The best food I ate over the weekend was skirt steak with chimichurri with sangria to drink at a place outside Boston called Tango for the bf’s kick off to his b-day weekend! Really cooked perfect!
Michelle Levine recently posted..Worthwhile reads from the web this week

25 Courtney November 5, 2012 at 12:15 pm

Aww, that sounds like so much fun! Anything with sangria is always awesome though ;)

26 Alyssa @ Life a la Wife November 5, 2012 at 11:29 am

That giants game was a rough one! Nothing a few cookies cant fix though :)
Alyssa @ Life a la Wife recently posted..Sunday Stuff – 11/4

27 Katie @ KatieEnPursuit November 5, 2012 at 11:31 am

Fun weekend, look at that SPREAD! Yum! We went to a chili/birthday party yesterday & enjoyed my fair share of wine & treats. Those buffalo chicken puffs look yummy…for some reason my office smells of buffalo chicken today, I wonder if someone here at those this weekend ;)
Katie @ KatieEnPursuit recently posted..Let’s Kick This Week Off Right

28 Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire November 5, 2012 at 11:48 am

The best part of my weekend was laying out at the pool ( in NOVEMBER!) and getting a little bit of a tan. The best thing I ate (drank?) was some new to me Sam Adams Apple Cider-SO good and tastes just like juice. I think you would love it!
Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire recently posted..ABC’s of Happiness

29 Courtney November 5, 2012 at 12:14 pm

Whaaaaaat?!? That sounds incredible! I can’t believe I haven’t seen it yet??

30 Amanda @ .running with spoons. November 5, 2012 at 11:55 am

My eyes zeroed in on the cookies and would.not.leave. They look sooooo good :D And that cereal sounds amazing… Corn Pops were probably one of my favorite cereals as a kid (along with Cinnamon Toast Crunch), so I’d be all over those. Now if only Canada would get with the times and bring in the good stuff!
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... what’s in my purse .

31 Courtney November 5, 2012 at 12:14 pm

Cinnamon Toast Crunch was definitely another favorite for me too!

32 Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets November 5, 2012 at 12:49 pm

Wow! I’m seriously impressed by your ability to pull all those snacks together last minute. Amazinnnngggg.

Also, do you know if that Kashi cereal is gluten-free?
Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets recently posted..butter chicken pizza + an apology

33 Courtney November 5, 2012 at 12:53 pm

I didn’t see a label, but I also didn’t see anything in the ingredient list that would have gluten? http://www.kashi.com/products/nutrition_info/organic_cereal_simply_maize

34 michelle kim November 5, 2012 at 1:17 pm

oOOoh that cereal sounds yummy! And the buffalo cheese crescent puff thingies sound awesome, too! Perfect when watching a game :)
michelle kim recently posted..Into the City, We Went

35 kim@hungryhealthygirl November 5, 2012 at 1:48 pm

I’ll have to give that Kashi cereal a try….it looks yummy! Highlight of my weekend was spending time with my nieces and teaching them how to make S’mores. And S’mores was definitely the best food that I had this weekend!

36 Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes November 5, 2012 at 1:58 pm

Oh, Kashi–how I love thee. I’ll have to keep an eye out for this new type of cereal. Yesterday, I spent the day at Staten Island with New York Runners in Support of Staten Island, which was a very humbling experience.
Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes recently posted..New York Runners in Support of Staten Island

37 Michelle@Peachy Palate November 5, 2012 at 2:51 pm

You can never have too many cookies! Highlight of my weekend was working in my favourite wholefood restaurant for the day! :)
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Tofu to Swoon Over

38 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl November 5, 2012 at 4:16 pm

Now that is my kind of breakfast! I am a big fan of the Kashi Simply Maize cereal. It tastes delicious and I love the ingredient list.

The highlight of my weekend was spending time with old college friends in Arizona, where I also happened to eat some great food. My favorite thing that I ate was probably a veggie burger at a restaurant called Gordon Biersch…insanely good!
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..WIAW: October 31, 2012 + Happy World Vegan Day!

39 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles November 5, 2012 at 6:01 pm

I was obsessed with Corn Pops as a kid! Definitely going to keep an eye out for them when I’m in Chicago next week.
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..6 Down, 6 To Go.

40 Shannon November 5, 2012 at 6:03 pm

1. I got a cute change purse from my school’s craft fair this weekend. It has bright colors and animated cats on it. Even though I am a dog person, I love this change purse.

2. The best food I ate over the weekend was the rotisserie chicken dinner last night with mashed potatoes and bread. Yummy! :)

41 Katy November 5, 2012 at 6:56 pm

My husband has already requested we make those buffalo chicken puffs for the game Sunday. :-)
Katy recently posted..Chicken Soup for the Soul

42 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake November 5, 2012 at 7:51 pm

I saw that cereal the other week! I had no idea it would taste like Corn Pops though! Yum!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Weekend Recap: 11/3-11/4

43 Bek @ Crave November 6, 2012 at 1:27 am

The best food I ate over the weekend was a nandos wrap and my stuffed capsicum dinner!
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Being selfless not selfish- MBMS 6

44 Emilie @ Hungry Delights November 6, 2012 at 5:18 pm

You guys can put on such an impressive spread of food. All that food finished off with some choc-chip cookies would hit the spot right about now :)
Emilie @ Hungry Delights recently posted..Last Chance Survey