Things Making Me Smile This Week {11/6}

by Courtney on November 6, 2012

I’m a little late on this one, but better late than never!

On Sunday, I sent Jay to the grocery store to pick up a few things for our football gathering. He got everything we needed, AND he also picked up a little something extra.

Aren’t these flower beautiful? I’ll tell ya…if this is what he’s going to bring home every time I send him grocery shopping, then I’m gonna do it more often.

Yesterday I was out for most of the afternoon and, of course, wound up getting a ton of emails while I was away from the computer. So when I got back, I sat down to try and work through them, but someone else had other plans in mind.

Notice the fetch toy? He brought that up there all by himself and started batting around all over my keyboard. He refused to get out of the way, so we played a few rounds of fetch. I just can’t say no to that face.

I love getting surprises in the mail. Not only did I get restocked on my GNC Women’s Prenatal Vitamins Program, but I also got a surprise card from Tina over the weekend, which absolutely made my day. I love my friends.

She is just the sweetest. Thanks again, Tinaaaa!!!

Another surprise in the mail? An AWESOME little goody box from my friends over at Reebok.

The shoes there are the RealFlex Fusion TR, which are honestly some of my favorite cross-training shoes. They have these multi-directional flex nodes on the bottom that allow for natural motion as you run, jump, and stretch (you can learn more about them HERE). They’re awesome.

The pretty purple top is the Play Dry Tee from Reebok’s Flex Apparel Collection, which utilizes fabrics and construction to help with breathability and comfort. I haven’t worked out in it yet, but I have lounged in it. Winking smile

Quick tangent…I keep forgetting to answer some of your questions about the top I was wearing in these photos.

It’s actually the Reebok Play Dry Jacket, and when I tell you that I wear this thing at least twice a week, I’m really not kidding.

Comfortable, warm, cute…I just love it.

But anyways…back to the stuff at hand. What else is making me smile this week?

Well, for one, the fact that by tomorrow, my TV will not be inundated with awful political commercials, and Facebook will, once again, be back to somewhat normal. Ughh…politics. So glad it’s almost over!

Source: google.com via Teresa on Pinterest

And, of course, we can’t have one of these posts without some of this week’s funny photos and Pinterest finds. Winking smile

image001 (4)

Did ya smile? Smile

1 Lindsay A November 6, 2012 at 1:02 pm

I love love that Reebok jacket. I’ve been wanting one with the thumb holes so bad! Not to get personal, but i’m about the same top size as you. If you don’t mind sharing, what size did you get? I want to order one!
P.S. I just got a new cat and I’m waiting for her to warm up to me like the Code-ster. She’s currently hiding behind the couch….womp womp.

2 Courtney November 6, 2012 at 3:10 pm

Medium :)
And Cody totally hid behind the couch for a while too…she’ll come out!

3 Natalie @ Free Range Human November 6, 2012 at 1:04 pm

Go Jay! What beautiful flowers! I love that ’90s stuff. I can so relate!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..It’s Never Too Early

4 Raney @ Raney Days November 6, 2012 at 1:05 pm

Hahah, I will never get over those E-card pictures. So funny! I have a jacket just like that Reebok one and I totally feel you. They are so comfortable and so flattering that I never want to take it off! We’ll pretend that I don’t wear it 5 times a week. ;)
Raney @ Raney Days recently posted..autumn pumpkin centrepiece

5 Diana November 6, 2012 at 1:17 pm

made me smile!! Thanks, Courtney :)

6 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More November 6, 2012 at 1:18 pm

Those 90s kids statements are SO true!! I mean, come on, who didn’t love watching DOUG? :)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..PSA: Public Service Announcements (2!)

7 Courtney November 6, 2012 at 3:11 pm

And Rugrats!!

8 Meghan @ After the Ivy League November 6, 2012 at 1:27 pm

Totally used to do the glue thing, I am totally a 90’s kid by those definitions, and the Dawson pin ALWAYS cracks me up!
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie Muffins

9 erica November 6, 2012 at 2:05 pm

oh, dawson.
erica recently posted..celebrations

10 Alycia November 6, 2012 at 2:10 pm

I love the Reebok goodies! Purple is my favorite color. I now lust after that shirt!

Also, the sweatpants and sweatshirt e card is my new motto!

11 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries November 6, 2012 at 2:16 pm

Hahaha I love the 90’s kid one. So true!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Week 18: Maternity Clothes

12 Katie @ running4cupcakes November 6, 2012 at 2:18 pm

Love those shoes! And the current Reebok colors. So cute. :)
Katie @ running4cupcakes recently posted..Weekend Update: 11/4/12

13 Elaine November 6, 2012 at 2:25 pm

I’m always in the market for new shoes, so I’m glad you provided some details on those Reebok shoes! Going to have to look into those. :)

And how sweet. Flowers are one of those things that can always brighten your day!
Elaine recently posted..Buffalo Chicken Chili

14 Annette@FitnessPerks November 6, 2012 at 2:28 pm

LAUGHING actually. Hilarious. Love the 90’s one, and the target one. Bahaha.

How nice of him to buy you flowers. Awwww :)
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Pull-ups?

15 Tara November 6, 2012 at 2:35 pm

I sure did smile!! Thanks for the afternoon break :)

16 Beks November 6, 2012 at 2:47 pm

I was totally a 90’s kid. Kids today don’t know what they missed. Remember Snick? Clarissa Explains it All and Are You Afraid of the Dark are sorely missed!
Beks recently posted..Happy Halloween!

17 Courtney November 6, 2012 at 3:11 pm

They were some of my FAVORITE shows!!

18 Jess@atasteofconfidence November 6, 2012 at 2:48 pm

Oregon Trail! Loved it! And i love the flowers, my favorite.
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..Today’s the day…

19 Amanda @ .running with spoons. November 6, 2012 at 2:51 pm

:lol: The kid of the 90’s thing totally cracked me up. Guilty on all counts – and oh how I miss Oregon Trail…
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... exactly who i’m supposed to be .

20 Lisa November 6, 2012 at 2:53 pm

Awe, so sweet of Jay to get you pretty flowers! Ha ha, the 90’s thing gets me everytime. And I totally used to do that with glue, my Mom was not impressed.
Lisa recently posted..Pumpkin Protein Bars

21 Michelle@Peachy Palate November 6, 2012 at 2:54 pm

Awh gorgeous flowers! Well deserved I’m sure :) Really wish we had access to all the awesome Reebok gear here in Ireland; even online the selection is minimal! Some day!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Feeling Festive

22 Bethany @ Accidental Intentions November 6, 2012 at 3:03 pm

Stargazer lilies! Those are my FAVORITE flowers! Lucky you :)
Bethany @ Accidental Intentions recently posted..I Miss You College, Oh Yes I Do

23 Rachel November 6, 2012 at 3:06 pm

ahahahahhahaha omg soooo true about the cat!!! LOL!

24 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake November 6, 2012 at 3:57 pm

THANK GOD there will be no more political ads! I can’t take it anymore!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Weekend Recap: 11/3-11/4

25 michelle kim November 6, 2012 at 4:10 pm

Totally smiled… especially cutie Cody! I love how cats know when you have to work or study and decide to block the computer or lay on top of the textbook. So hard to say ‘no’ to such a cute face!
michelle kim recently posted..Still Phase 1 and Run to Rescue

26 Chris November 6, 2012 at 4:30 pm

Love those Reebok cross-training shoes – gonna have to go Columbo to see if my wife would like them from Santa…
Chris recently posted..How your wife and kids make you fat

27 Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire November 6, 2012 at 4:30 pm

Hahahaha, I just told my boyfriend the other day if he loved fantasy football so much he should marry it. Total 90s kid here!
Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire recently posted..Drinking & Running-Yes or No?

28 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl November 6, 2012 at 4:50 pm

Oh, the Oregon Trail…haha. I remember playing this game all the time on my giant computer that only displayed the colors black and green on the screen. Talk about old school!

The glue thing is so true, too! I can’t say I covered my entire hands with it, but I definitely didn’t mind peeling away any excess glue that got stuck on my hands!
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Cheater Vegetable Stir-Fry

29 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile November 6, 2012 at 5:04 pm

Hahaha omg that Target one killed me. So true – it’s hypnotizing! Love love love the Reebok stuff. Too cute.

30 Emilie @ Hungry Delights November 6, 2012 at 5:27 pm

I definitely did smile haha. I probably mostly relate to the 90’s kid and the cat one. Seriously I have no idea where my cat goes when i want a cuddle but she is guaranteed to be in my face at 4am in the morning.
Emilie @ Hungry Delights recently posted..Last Chance Survey

31 Lauren November 6, 2012 at 5:30 pm

Haha, the glue one made me LOL because it’s so true! I think I would still be into peeling glue from my hands if I had a bottle of Elmer’s. :)
Lauren recently posted..Permanently Marked

32 Marielle November 6, 2012 at 6:30 pm

Lol- I love reading your funny Pinterest finds….those make my day :)
Marielle recently posted..The Sweaty At-Home Boot Camp

33 Mabelle @ Dance, Love, Dine November 6, 2012 at 7:11 pm

How did you get Reebok to send you all those goodies?! so lucky!! :)
….and that thing about the 90s brought back wayyy too make memories!
Mabelle @ Dance, Love, Dine recently posted..Feeling more Grateful + Barrack your Vote

34 Courtney November 6, 2012 at 7:22 pm

I’m actually working with Reebok through FitFluential. I am definitely lucky! :)

35 Maria @powerpeanutlife November 6, 2012 at 7:22 pm

Not only did I smile…I laughed. Target, the glue, and sick of politics. That’s me! Thanks for the wonderful shares.
Maria @powerpeanutlife recently posted..Did I Forget To Tell You About My Weekend?

36 Tina @ Best Body Fitness November 6, 2012 at 8:46 pm

Awww, much love to you girl! And that jacket is really cute. Love jackets with the thumb holes. That 90s kid thing had me laughing. Especially the Oregon Trail part.
Tina @ Best Body Fitness recently posted..Climb the Ladder–NEW Workout!

37 Hollywood Healthy November 6, 2012 at 9:18 pm

For all you 90’s kids… Boy meets World is coming out with a sequel with the original cast as parents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hollywood Healthy recently posted..No bueno

38 Kelsey November 6, 2012 at 9:37 pm

Hahahah! I just used elmers glue for zombie “skin” for a haunted hayride! Works like a charm! And don’t get me started on Target, good bye wallet hello new cardigan in 5 colors. Eek!

39 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles November 6, 2012 at 11:22 pm

The glue thing definitely made me smile – definitely me as a kid!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..freEDom: Why I Stopped Counting Calories (Again).

40 Life's a Bowl November 7, 2012 at 4:20 pm

Absolutely awesome Pinterest finds! Love the stretchy pants comment, the coffee + wine shirt, and we were obsessed with Elmer’s glue in elementary school :P We used to draw with markers on our desk, cover it with glue, and peel off the chip when it was dry… Oye haha!
Life’s a Bowl recently posted..WIAW 11.7.12 // Rain to Snow?!

41 Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocolate November 7, 2012 at 7:10 pm

Aw the flowers are beautiful. You should definitely assign him grocery duties more often. ;-)
Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocolate recently posted..WIAW: Clean Out Style

42 Bek @ Crave November 8, 2012 at 2:11 am

Things making me smile: Your cat thinking it’s a dog haha!
Bek @ Crave recently posted..A little less sweet