An Attractive Quality

by Courtney on November 8, 2012

You wanna know something? It’s pretty hard to attempt to work from home when your husband has the day off!

Yes, Jay took the day off from work today, and while it’s been wonderful having him home with me, it’s definitely made the “work” aspect of my day a little, err, slowwwww. Luckily, I have still been able to get most of my stuff done, but I’ve got lots of little breaks in between.

For example, Jay was working on cleaning out one of our linen closets, so he had to ask about a bunch of the stuff (half of which was still left from when my grandparents lived here!).

Thankfully, everything is MUCH more organized now (I wouldn’t have shown it to anyone before) and we even found a random pair of curtains to hang up in the office for now.

Please don’t mind the mess…I know it’s bad.

I’m so glad we finally have something up on the windows now, because they were just so bare and boring before. It’s the little things. Smile

We were also reminded of a bunch of picture frames we still need to hang out, or fill in, like this one.

I’m worried I won’t have enough photos of Cody to fill the frame though… Winking smile

Around 1-ish, I took a break for some lunch, which should be no surprise here.

More Pumpkin Black Bean Soup with mini saltines. But at least this time, I portioned them out ahead of time.

I also wound up stealing a few bites from one of my leftover pieces of pizza from the fridge while my soup heated up.

And then I licked the spoon a few times while Jay (yes, Jay!) worked on making another batch of Creamy Vanilla Butterscotch Pudding Dessert.

We’re heading over to my in-laws’ house for dinner tonight, and my MIL requested this recipe shortly after reading about it. I can’t lie…I’m pretty psyched to have it again! I’m also still always impressed with how well my guy can make his way around a kitchen. Talk about an attractive quality. Winking smile

I don’t know…I think it’s about time I request another amazing dinner of his some night soon!

Question for the Morning:

What qualities do YOU find most attractive in a man (or woman!)?

1 Kathryn November 8, 2012 at 2:12 pm

My husbands abilities in the kitchen are very limited (mac and cheese from a box, frozen pizza, etc) but he’s more than happy to help me clean. He’ll do the living room while I do the kitchen. Or, he’ll do laundry while I give the kids a bath. That kind of helping around the house makes him 1,000 times sexier in my eyes!

2 Kelly @ Femme Fitale November 9, 2012 at 8:45 am

Helpful, handy husband = such an amazing quality!!!

I’m looking forward to watching mine become a father, too :)
Kelly @ Femme Fitale recently posted..Egg-cellenté, Presidenté

3 Kathryn November 9, 2012 at 8:53 am

He’s been helping out more around the house because, after 4 years, I’ve finally got a full time job outside home…and it’s a graveyard shift, too! Lol, he’s been saying he’s going to have to learn to fend for himself…and the kids, too! I forsee lots of casseroles in my husband and kids futures!

4 Fizz November 8, 2012 at 2:14 pm

I completely agree! There’s nothin’ quite like watching your man in the kitchen. Or with little kids, that’s a good one!!
This dessert is definitely on my to do list!
Fizz recently posted..Technical Difficulties..

5 Kristy @ Kristy's Health Revolution November 8, 2012 at 2:18 pm

Well, my fiance isn’t much in the kitchen. Even if he does wander in there on occasion, I usually end up taking over for him because I feel bad! I love cooking though, so that’s ok. I do love how he cleans up after himself, though. His most attractive quality is his humor though. I laugh so much every day because of him! It’s awesome!

My linen closet is BAD! I really need to clean it out. Perhaps Jay has inspired me!
Kristy @ Kristy’s Health Revolution recently posted..Date Night, and An Exciting Announcement

6 Michelle @ Eat Move Balance November 8, 2012 at 2:21 pm

There’s nothing better than watching my husband take care of the vacuuming and dusting. He doesn’t mind doing it, and totally gets into a zone. So cute (and much appreciated)!
Michelle @ Eat Move Balance recently posted..Cookie Snacks

7 Katie @ KatieEnPursuit November 8, 2012 at 2:25 pm

I NEED mini-saltines in my possession…soon! A stellar work-ethic is an attractive quality to me! Luckily I’ve got someone who appreciates the “GSD” (get $hit done) ethic :)
Katie @ KatieEnPursuit recently posted..Take That Thursday!

8 Julie November 8, 2012 at 2:34 pm

Totally agree w/ trying to work when the significant other is home! Last week during hurricane Sandy, my fiance and I were both working from home, and it was so hard to focus!! Good for you guys for getting some organizing done :) What I love about my fiance is that he always takes initiative around the house. I was away for a girls weekend last weekend, and when I came home, everything was clean, laundry done, and bed made. It was so nice to come home to!
Julie recently posted..WIAW [What I Ate Wednesday]: 11.7.2012

9 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction November 8, 2012 at 2:38 pm

Ambition for sure…and be able to move around in the kitchen would be nice, but not required.
Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..Modeling-How it all Began

10 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope November 8, 2012 at 2:45 pm

I love when my husband makes us dinner. It is refreshing to watch a man cook in the kitchen. :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Still A Question Mark…

11 Annette@FitnessPerks November 8, 2012 at 2:51 pm

My husband totally does chores & stuff without being asked–it’s so great of him! He folds laundry, empties the dishwasher, takes out the trash, makes the bed, etc. I am a lucky gal. He doesn’t love to cook though, and neither do I sometimes (dependso n my mood), so that gets interesting :)

YAY for having him home today!
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Get GRITty + FitMixer Updates

12 Lisa November 8, 2012 at 3:01 pm

No significant other for me…but it is hard to work from home when my sister is here. Actually, it’s basically impossible. I think honesty is the most important for me.
Lisa recently posted..Comment on Trying Something New by Annette@FitnessPerks

13 Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes November 8, 2012 at 3:31 pm

Any guy who can cook is a keeper! ;)
Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes recently posted..Crock Pot Success

14 Renee November 8, 2012 at 3:43 pm

Best Quality…sense of humor! I’m jealous if it isn’t grilling, my husband isn’t very good in a kitchen! Also he worked an odd schedule a few weeks back and having him home drove me nuts I couldn’t get anything done. Have a great night!
Renee recently posted..Life, Angry Birds & Updates

15 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles November 8, 2012 at 3:50 pm

My boyfriend can make a mean stirfry…other than that, he can heat up a frozen pizza pretty well. :-p

I would love to see him make any sort of dessert – he’s not even a big fan of sweet things (the horror) so if I told him to cream the butter and the sugar he would probably stare at me with a dumbfounded look on his face.
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..A Sprinkled VLOG Debut.

16 Sue November 8, 2012 at 3:55 pm

My husband folds all the laundry for me (including sheets)!!! LOL. That makes me love him just a little bit more. I really don’t like folding sheets, especially the fitted ones. For a long time he thought we only owned one pair of sheets since I would wash them and put them right back on the bed (no need for folding then). I have a silly question. The pan of dessert that Jay is making in the picture above looks like a square pan but the original recipe calls for a 9 x 13 pan. I just wanted to make sure I used the correct size pan because I’m making that dessert to bring into work tomorrow. Thanks and have a good time at dinner.

Sue

17 Courtney November 8, 2012 at 5:02 pm

It’s a 9×13 :)

18 Sue November 9, 2012 at 8:08 am

Thanks. It must be the angle of the pan or my eyes are seeing things. Have a great weekend.

Sue

19 Tara November 8, 2012 at 3:58 pm

I love when my fiancé helps in the kitchen and cleans the house. It makes it so much more fun!!!

20 Natalie @ Free Range Human November 8, 2012 at 4:08 pm

I definitely think it’s attractive if a man can cook. My husband is a good cook, but I don’t let him do it too often because everything he makes is so bad for you!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Deceptively Different

21 Shannon November 8, 2012 at 4:16 pm

I think an attractive quality in a man is when he knows how to treat a woman- even if that person is not his girlfriend- with respect and kindness.

22 Katy November 8, 2012 at 4:23 pm

Definitely a man who can cook! That’s almost entirely why I married my husband ;-) jk
Katy recently posted..Not So Thirsty Thursday

23 Life's a Bowl November 8, 2012 at 4:24 pm

My hubby hardly cooks because I usually am in the kitchen but he’s always more than willing to offer to help… One day I should just turn it over totally to him and see what I get served ;) One of my favorite qualities of my husband is his ability to make me laugh [mentioned in today’s Thankful Thursday]!
Life’s a Bowl recently posted..Thankful Thursday 11.8.12

24 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries November 8, 2012 at 4:38 pm

How nice of Jay! I’ve always found being handy, athletic, and kind to be stand out attractive qualities to me in men.
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..11/08: Thursday Thoughts

25 michelle kim November 8, 2012 at 4:40 pm

I like how my boyfriend has such great passion for certain things. It used to be only for basketball (watching and playing it), but now it’s moving to other areas of his life (his future career as a lawyer to help people in need, his faith, etc.).
Oooh for that picture frame for “I <3 My Cat", it would be cute to start with him as a kitten and getting a little bigger/older with the next frame (does that make sense?).
Hope you guys enjoy the rest of the day together!
michelle kim recently posted..Extreme Caution

26 Sara@MagiaePasta November 8, 2012 at 4:40 pm

My boyfriend has his three go-to meals: chicken and rice, pasta, and burritos. Anything more complex and he’s pretty lost! The most attractive quality for me is intelligence (coupled with compassion) – I am such a sapiophile, it’s ridiculous.
Sara@MagiaePasta recently posted..Lucked Out

27 Steph @ StephSnacks November 8, 2012 at 4:50 pm

I always look for an honest, kind person when it comes to a guy. It doesn’t always happen (ugh) but that’s what I ideally want!
Steph @ StephSnacks recently posted..Makeover

28 Lauren November 8, 2012 at 4:59 pm

Hahah this makes me laugh because I can totally relate! Toly works from home (every other Friday) and I hate it. I always call those my “Cofee-shop Office” days because the only way I can accomplish anything is to get out of the house.
Lauren recently posted..Try Before You Buy {Daily Dose of Green GIVEAWAY}

29 Yellow Haired Girl November 8, 2012 at 5:47 pm

Cooking is a biiiiiig one. Love that! And intelligence. My (very new) man friend is SMART. It’s fantastic. And he is as fluent in sarcasm as I am ;)
Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..November?!

30 alyssa @ life a la wife November 8, 2012 at 6:04 pm

I totally know what you mean. We worked at home last week due to Sandy and got NOTHING done!
alyssa @ life a la wife recently posted..WIAW & Cardio Circuit Workout

31 Angela @ Health's Angel November 8, 2012 at 6:13 pm

That is so awesome that Jay knows his way around the kitchen. That definitely earns a guy some bonus points in my book. It sounds cliche but I really do look for straight up confidence in a guy. Guys who are nervous and insecure end up making ME nervous and insecure! I’m old fashioned in the way that I like the man to be in control…in the beginning at least. ;)
Angela @ Health’s Angel recently posted..Cube Life = Healthy Life?

32 Court Star @ StarSystemz November 8, 2012 at 6:18 pm

My husband and I both work from home and I know exactly how you feel. I get half the work done in a day because I have a constant interruption plus he is VERY loud (love him) but hes very LOUD so my creativity and thinking…gone down the drain haha Love and Shine CourtStar
Court Star @ StarSystemz recently posted..The Working Woman’s Diet

33 Kim November 8, 2012 at 7:35 pm

That pizza looks so delicious!!!

I have a question for you! I know you have been a bridesmaid a number of times – I never have been. I was just asked to be in not one, but two, weddings next year! Thing is – I have NO IDEA what is expected of me as a bridesmaid! Have any tips on what to expect or anything to help me through the process?
Kim recently posted..P-A…Oops.

34 Danielle @ itsaharleyyylife November 8, 2012 at 9:00 pm

Eric was home on my days off this week and I seriously felt like I got nothing done. It just throws off my whole mojo I guess.

35 Naomi November 8, 2012 at 9:01 pm

My fiance travels a ton for work, and when he gets back he always has a couple of days off. Needless to say, I am never very productive because I just want to go over to his place to hang out with him! :) And one of his many attractive qualities is his sense of humor. So many one liners that always make me laugh no matter what mood I’m in.

36 Marykate Sinnott November 8, 2012 at 9:44 pm

Nothing turns me on like a man-made meal with love in it <3
Marykate Sinnott recently posted..Predictions for 2012

37 Khushboo Thadani November 8, 2012 at 11:51 pm

A guy who can cook is definitely a turn-on…and someone who’s good with kids :)!

38 Joy November 9, 2012 at 12:47 am

I think Jim’s most attractive quality is that he makes the bed every morning because he knows I love to walk into the room and have everything in place
Joy recently posted..30 things day 13

39 Lyric November 9, 2012 at 2:52 am

He’s gotta be funny!
Lyric recently posted..DLL

40 Miz November 9, 2012 at 5:52 am

SAME FOR BOTH:

CONFIDENCE!!
Miz recently posted..Tradition!

41 Daybelis November 9, 2012 at 8:34 am

Geez, I read your blog every day and everyday your pics make me drool lol. I really love your blog because you truly model what a “healthy lifestyle” is. I think you are beautiful in and out, and the choices you’ve made in regards to your health have inspired me to do the same. In regards to your question, I think the qualities I find most attractive in a man is his sense of humor, spontaneity, respect for women in general, his smile , and lastly his abilities in the kitchen.. I mean we can’t always cook lol.

42 Courtney November 9, 2012 at 8:37 am

That is so, so sweet of you to say. THANK YOU! I’m so happy to hear that you’re also taking control of your health. Best of luck to you! :)

43 Colleen Gifford November 9, 2012 at 9:54 am

Mini Saltines!!!!! What a great concept! Leave it to you to find them :)
I don’t get anything done when my hubby’s home either, and then he thinks I must not get anything done when he isn’t around.

44 Bek @ Crave November 9, 2012 at 7:46 pm

I find sense of humour and confidence attractive. But perhaps a little less common quality that I like is a hard worker- someone who is driven.
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Small things, Big differences