An Attractive Quality

You wanna know something? It’s pretty hard to attempt to work from home when your husband has the day off!

Yes, Jay took the day off from work today, and while it’s been wonderful having him home with me, it’s definitely made the “work” aspect of my day a little, err, slowwwww. Luckily, I have still been able to get most of my stuff done, but I’ve got lots of little breaks in between.

For example, Jay was working on cleaning out one of our linen closets, so he had to ask about a bunch of the stuff (half of which was still left from when my grandparents lived here!).

Thankfully, everything is MUCH more organized now (I wouldn’t have shown it to anyone before) and we even found a random pair of curtains to hang up in the office for now.

Please don’t mind the mess…I know it’s bad.

I’m so glad we finally have something up on the windows now, because they were just so bare and boring before. It’s the little things. Smile

We were also reminded of a bunch of picture frames we still need to hang out, or fill in, like this one.

I’m worried I won’t have enough photos of Cody to fill the frame though… Winking smile

Around 1-ish, I took a break for some lunch, which should be no surprise here.

More Pumpkin Black Bean Soup with mini saltines. But at least this time, I portioned them out ahead of time.

I also wound up stealing a few bites from one of my leftover pieces of pizza from the fridge while my soup heated up.

And then I licked the spoon a few times while Jay (yes, Jay!) worked on making another batch of Creamy Vanilla Butterscotch Pudding Dessert.

We’re heading over to my in-laws’ house for dinner tonight, and my MIL requested this recipe shortly after reading about it. I can’t lie…I’m pretty psyched to have it again! I’m also still always impressed with how well my guy can make his way around a kitchen. Talk about an attractive quality. Winking smile

I don’t know…I think it’s about time I request another amazing dinner of his some night soon!

Question for the Morning:

What qualities do YOU find most attractive in a man (or woman!)?

Comments

1. Kathryn says

My husbands abilities in the kitchen are very limited (mac and cheese from a box, frozen pizza, etc) but he’s more than happy to help me clean. He’ll do the living room while I do the kitchen. Or, he’ll do laundry while I give the kids a bath. That kind of helping around the house makes him 1,000 times sexier in my eyes!

• Kathryn says

He’s been helping out more around the house because, after 4 years, I’ve finally got a full time job outside home…and it’s a graveyard shift, too! Lol, he’s been saying he’s going to have to learn to fend for himself…and the kids, too! I forsee lots of casseroles in my husband and kids futures!

Well, my fiance isn’t much in the kitchen. Even if he does wander in there on occasion, I usually end up taking over for him because I feel bad! I love cooking though, so that’s ok. I do love how he cleans up after himself, though. His most attractive quality is his humor though. I laugh so much every day because of him! It’s awesome!

My linen closet is BAD! I really need to clean it out. Perhaps Jay has inspired me!
    Kristy @ Kristy’s Health Revolution recently posted..Date Night, and An Exciting Announcement

Totally agree w/ trying to work when the significant other is home! Last week during hurricane Sandy, my fiance and I were both working from home, and it was so hard to focus!! Good for you guys for getting some organizing done :) What I love about my fiance is that he always takes initiative around the house. I was away for a girls weekend last weekend, and when I came home, everything was clean, laundry done, and bed made. It was so nice to come home to!
    Julie recently posted..WIAW [What I Ate Wednesday]: 11.7.2012

My husband totally does chores & stuff without being asked–it’s so great of him! He folds laundry, empties the dishwasher, takes out the trash, makes the bed, etc. I am a lucky gal. He doesn’t love to cook though, and neither do I sometimes (dependso n my mood), so that gets interesting :)

YAY for having him home today!
    Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Get GRITty + FitMixer Updates

Best Quality…sense of humor! I’m jealous if it isn’t grilling, my husband isn’t very good in a kitchen! Also he worked an odd schedule a few weeks back and having him home drove me nuts I couldn’t get anything done. Have a great night!
    Renee recently posted..Life, Angry Birds & Updates

My boyfriend can make a mean stirfry…other than that, he can heat up a frozen pizza pretty well. :-p

I would love to see him make any sort of dessert – he’s not even a big fan of sweet things (the horror) so if I told him to cream the butter and the sugar he would probably stare at me with a dumbfounded look on his face.
    Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..A Sprinkled VLOG Debut.

7. Sue says

My husband folds all the laundry for me (including sheets)!!! LOL. That makes me love him just a little bit more. I really don’t like folding sheets, especially the fitted ones. For a long time he thought we only owned one pair of sheets since I would wash them and put them right back on the bed (no need for folding then). I have a silly question. The pan of dessert that Jay is making in the picture above looks like a square pan but the original recipe calls for a 9 x 13 pan. I just wanted to make sure I used the correct size pan because I’m making that dessert to bring into work tomorrow. Thanks and have a good time at dinner.

Sue

8. Shannon says

I think an attractive quality in a man is when he knows how to treat a woman- even if that person is not his girlfriend- with respect and kindness.

My hubby hardly cooks because I usually am in the kitchen but he’s always more than willing to offer to help… One day I should just turn it over totally to him and see what I get served ;) One of my favorite qualities of my husband is his ability to make me laugh [mentioned in today’s Thankful Thursday]!
    Life’s a Bowl recently posted..Thankful Thursday 11.8.12

I like how my boyfriend has such great passion for certain things. It used to be only for basketball (watching and playing it), but now it’s moving to other areas of his life (his future career as a lawyer to help people in need, his faith, etc.).
    Oooh for that picture frame for “I <3 My Cat", it would be cute to start with him as a kitten and getting a little bigger/older with the next frame (does that make sense?).
    Hope you guys enjoy the rest of the day together!
    michelle kim recently posted..Extreme Caution

My boyfriend has his three go-to meals: chicken and rice, pasta, and burritos. Anything more complex and he’s pretty lost! The most attractive quality for me is intelligence (coupled with compassion) – I am such a sapiophile, it’s ridiculous.
    Sara@MagiaePasta recently posted..Lucked Out

That is so awesome that Jay knows his way around the kitchen. That definitely earns a guy some bonus points in my book. It sounds cliche but I really do look for straight up confidence in a guy. Guys who are nervous and insecure end up making ME nervous and insecure! I’m old fashioned in the way that I like the man to be in control…in the beginning at least. ;)
    Angela @ Health’s Angel recently posted..Cube Life = Healthy Life?

That pizza looks so delicious!!!

I have a question for you! I know you have been a bridesmaid a number of times – I never have been. I was just asked to be in not one, but two, weddings next year! Thing is – I have NO IDEA what is expected of me as a bridesmaid! Have any tips on what to expect or anything to help me through the process?
    Kim recently posted..P-A…Oops.

14. Naomi says

My fiance travels a ton for work, and when he gets back he always has a couple of days off. Needless to say, I am never very productive because I just want to go over to his place to hang out with him! :) And one of his many attractive qualities is his sense of humor. So many one liners that always make me laugh no matter what mood I’m in.

15. Daybelis says

Geez, I read your blog every day and everyday your pics make me drool lol. I really love your blog because you truly model what a “healthy lifestyle” is. I think you are beautiful in and out, and the choices you’ve made in regards to your health have inspired me to do the same. In regards to your question, I think the qualities I find most attractive in a man is his sense of humor, spontaneity, respect for women in general, his smile , and lastly his abilities in the kitchen.. I mean we can’t always cook lol.

• Courtney says

That is so, so sweet of you to say. THANK YOU! I’m so happy to hear that you’re also taking control of your health. Best of luck to you! :)

16. Colleen Gifford says

Mini Saltines!!!!! What a great concept! Leave it to you to find them :)
    I don’t get anything done when my hubby’s home either, and then he thinks I must not get anything done when he isn’t around.