A Fun Bridal Shower Gift Idea

by Courtney on November 10, 2012

So yesterday was quite the busy day! I’ll get to that in a second though…

When it came time for dinner last night, ordering in was the only way to go. Jay and I decided to order a couple of our favorite salads from LaBella’s. I opted for grilled chicken this time and, as per usual, ordered every veggie they had except for mushrooms and olives.

Apparently they forgot about the olives. Blech. I just can’t handle ‘em.

While Jay went out to pick up the salads, I worked on finishing up a final batch of cupcakes for today.

Four dozen, done!

So why the cupcakes? Well, today is Mal’s bridal shower! She doesn’t know I was making them (although I wouldn’t be surprised if she knew) so I had keep quiet about it. But now that we’re already at the shower by the time this is being posted, then I can also show you guys the other project that kept me busy yesterday.

As a bridal shower gift to Mal, my cousins Sarah, Denise, and I decided to put together a fun wine basket. I actually received almost the same type of wine basket for my own bridal shower (I can’t believe was almost 3 years ago?!), which was one of my favorite gifts, and we figured it’d (hopefully) be the same for Mal.

So the three of us got together earlier this week to pick up the wine, and I volunteered to put everything together in the basket. Cody was very intrigued by it, if you couldn’t tell.

By the way, can you see how many fetch toys he has in the background of this photo? I spy about 4, and I know for a fact there are at least another four out there right now since we did a little “cleaning out” from underneath the stove and fridge yesterday.

When it comes to making/putting together the wine basket, it’s actually pretty easy! The first thing I did was type up the poems for each of the bottles. We used the poems from this site, except we replaced the New Year’s Eve bottle with a custom “While You Wait” bottle so she has one to drink sooner. Winking smile

Once they were typed up, I printed them out on some brown cardstock, cut them out with decorative scissors, and tied each one onto its bottle with blue ribbon. I also added a little extra ribbon around the basket and used some filler paper to fill up the inside of the basket.

I’m really happy with how it came out, but the more I look at it, I may go back and redo the ribbon so they’re all tied on in bows. I know, I’m nuts.

*****

This morning, I was up fairly early to make sure I had time to get ready for the shower, paint my nails, and relax while eating breakfast (pumpkin spice English muffin with PB, banana slices, and chia seeds + coffee).

Mission accomplished. Smile

Now I’m out at the shower, so I’ll check back with you cool cats later. Happy weekend, everyone!

1 Tara November 10, 2012 at 12:19 pm

Such a cute idea!! It’s so creative an thoughtful :)

2 Michelle@Peachy Palate November 10, 2012 at 12:22 pm

Oh my god that’s such a great idea…gives it such a personal touch! I wonder will they save them for the occasions suggested…I know I would, good woman!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..New Favourite Sweet Ingredient

3 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries November 10, 2012 at 12:25 pm

What a cute idea! I love it! Have fun at the shower! :)
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..It Kinda Feels Like Christmas Morning…

4 Marielle November 10, 2012 at 12:55 pm

Ahhh I love that idea! So cute! I’ll have to remember that one! Ps I love how the cat always finds his way into your pictures, lol!
Marielle recently posted..I’m an Ambassador!

5 Danica @ It's Progression November 10, 2012 at 1:02 pm

super cute gift idea…hope you’re having fun at the shower!
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..just checking in

6 Kristy @ Kristy's Health Revolution November 10, 2012 at 1:15 pm

I saw this on Pinterest once, and I loved it!
Kristy @ Kristy’s Health Revolution recently posted..I’m a Puppy

7 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More November 10, 2012 at 1:20 pm

What a cute idea for the gift basket of wine. I’ll have to keep this in mind for the next person I know to get married! ;)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..A Day Off

8 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake November 10, 2012 at 1:26 pm

Love that idea!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Baked Caesar Chicken

9 Kim@hungryhealthygirl November 10, 2012 at 1:27 pm

I love the wine basket idea! Super creative!
Kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..Fall Bucket List Revisited & Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

10 Blog is the New Black November 10, 2012 at 1:42 pm

SO cute, Courtney!

11 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles November 10, 2012 at 1:47 pm

That is definitely a cute idea!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Survey Saturday.

12 Lauren November 10, 2012 at 1:49 pm

I am in LOVE with this idea!! More for myself though. :)
Lauren recently posted..Friday Confessions

13 Fizz November 10, 2012 at 2:17 pm

Ohhh I love this idea!!
I was recently asked to be a bridesmaid for the first time and I will definitely be keeping this in mind. I might include a bottle of sparkling apple cider for the first baby announcement ;)
Fizz recently posted..Pancake Saturday!

14 Lydia November 10, 2012 at 2:26 pm

Such a cute gift! Might have to steal it ;)
Lydia recently posted..Simple Yet Satisfying

15 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl November 10, 2012 at 2:28 pm

I used to HATE olives. But ever since I started eating healthier, I have found myself eating foods that I never thought I would. Olives are one of those foods…well, the black ones anyways. I still can handle the green ones!

Love the bridal shower gift idea. Super creative!
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Hearty Chili Soup Pizza

16 Chelsea @ Cardio and Cocktails November 10, 2012 at 2:29 pm

Oh I love that idea! I wish I had seen this earlier since I had many a bridal shower to attend this last spring/summer but I’m definitely pinning for next year!
Chelsea @ Cardio and Cocktails recently posted..Two Very Best Friends

17 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey November 10, 2012 at 2:34 pm

Have fun at the shower!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..fun facts friday

18 Sarah November 10, 2012 at 3:51 pm

Aw, this is such a unique idea! I’ll have to keep it in mind for when I start getting wedding invitations! I love how personalized it is with the little tags on each bottle… so unique :)
Have a great time!

19 Kristen @ notsodomesticated November 10, 2012 at 4:13 pm

Very very cute idea for a shower gift! You obviously used to be a teacher, with your crafty skills. ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Cheddar Bacon Ranch Dip

20 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy November 10, 2012 at 4:33 pm

Very cute idea!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..Friday Things

21 Ashlee November 10, 2012 at 6:16 pm

I love that idea! So sweet :)
I live black olives, my husband picks them out like you do so I just eat his.
Where do you get your cupcake boxes? And the cupcake trays?

22 Angela @ Beauty in Strength November 10, 2012 at 9:11 pm

Pinned It! We used to do something similar when a cousin went to college for the first time. We used to fill a laundry basket with various items (useful and with personal meanings) with notes attached before they moved away!
Angela @ Beauty in Strength recently posted..Sweet 16

23 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance November 11, 2012 at 6:26 am

Such a cute idea!
And I’m with Kristen up above– Only a former teacher would notice the tiny detail in the ribbon bows ;)
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Cinnamon Smashed Sweet Potatoes

24 Brandi November 11, 2012 at 8:16 am

What a really cool idea! :) Happy weekend! :)
Brandi recently posted..Taking a fall

25 The Glorified Tomato November 11, 2012 at 9:47 am

We love your wine basket, the edges of the cards look fantastic. And thanks for the linkage!

26 Beth @ a latte inspiration November 11, 2012 at 12:12 pm

Cute idea, I think I’ll have to steal this for my sister in law’s bridal gift. Are there wines recommended for each occasion or did you just pick them out?

27 Bek @ Crave November 11, 2012 at 9:53 pm

Neat wine project! yay for cupcakes ;) What flavours did you choose?
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Grit Strength 21 Day Challenge: Goals

28 Courtney November 11, 2012 at 10:41 pm

Vanilla, chocolate, and pb cup :)

29 Katy November 12, 2012 at 9:18 am

What a great gift idea! Too cute.
Katy recently posted..Monday Montage

30 Elizabeth @ Southern Color November 12, 2012 at 11:10 am

I love the wine basket gift idea, so clever & fun! And I’m sure the bride will appreciate your gift of cupcakes, yum :)
Elizabeth @ Southern Color recently posted..Two Ingredient Pumpkin Cookies

31 Jentry Nielsen November 15, 2012 at 2:02 pm

That is such a cute idea! I love it, definitely have to be using that one! Looks like her shower turned out amazing and I’m sure she loved the gift! :)
Jentry Nielsen recently posted..NordicTrack Black Friday Coupons 2012

32 HTC Phone 2012 Christmas Deals December 10, 2012 at 10:22 am

I do agree with all the ideas youve presented in your post. They are really convincing and will certainly work. Still, the posts are too short for newbies. Could you please extend them a bit from next time Thanks for the post.

33 Jennifer February 21, 2013 at 3:20 pm

Hi I love this idea and I am actually doing this for my sister for her bridal shower and I love the idea of the “while you wait bottle” was wondering if you could email me or post the poem that goes along with this title. It is very different and I would love to include it with my basket. By the way love the way your basket came out. Great job! Thank you ahead of time.

34 Courtney February 21, 2013 at 11:43 pm

I honestly have no idea what I wrote, haha. I literally made it up in about 5 minutes and I don’t have it saved on my computer. I’m sorry!

35 Sarah @makingitmyhome.blogspot.com July 7, 2013 at 4:43 pm

Great idea! glad you posted the links to the poems as well, i cant wait to use this someday!