Taking Advantage

by Courtney on November 12, 2012

I just cannot get over how beautiful it is outside today. I mean, is it seriously November 12th right now???

weather

It doesn’t sound like it’s going to last much longer than today, so I made sure to take advantage while I could and got outside for a nice afternoon walk.

And today I even got to walk in a super cute outfit, too, which made the walk just that much better. Obviously.

A few weeks ago, I received an amazing package from New Balance, complete with three items from their Lace Up For The Cure Collection.

The Komen Quarter Zip top.

The Komen Capri

And the Komen Cure Tee.

I’ve actually been wearing the t-shirt around the house quite a bit, and I’ve gotten quite a few compliments on the jacket so far. The capris are a little “snug” at the moment, but that’s cool with me…I’ll hold on to ‘em for another time down the road. Winking smile

And even though it’s technically no longer breast cancer awareness month, New Balance is still taking all of 2012 to help donate to the cause, and will donate 5% of the suggested retail price of sales from the Lace Up for the Cure Collection (with a guaranteed minimum donation of $500,000) to Susan G. Komen for the Cure.

The Lace Up for the Cure Collection is available year-round, so be sure to check it out!

*****

So I spent about an hour soaking in the beautiful sunshine this afternoon, along with a bunch of other walkers who had the same idea as I did. It was so peaceful and quiet, and I even encountered another little friend along the way.

We wound up doing the stare down thing just long enough for me to take a couple of photos before he ran back into the woods. Oh deer. Winking smile

As far as food goes today, there’s been some good stuff…

Mid-morning I snacked on a golden delicious apple (my favorite) with some of the Planters peanut butter.

For lunch, I heated up the last of my Pumpkin Black Bean Soup (the other half went into the freezer) and had that with a bunch of mini saltines.

This was one filling and delicious lunch!

Hope everyone’s having a super Monday so far. Smile

1 Shelby November 12, 2012 at 3:03 pm

That is such a cute bowl! Where did you get it if you don’t mind me asking? Love your blog btw :)
Shelby recently posted..Guilt-free Blueberry Banana Bread

2 Courtney November 12, 2012 at 3:13 pm

Thanks! It’s actually part of a set that I got from QVC: http://www.qvc.com/Temp-tations-Kitchen-&-Food.category.0102.html?refine=1001299+4294936455
I love them! :)

3 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope November 12, 2012 at 3:07 pm

It’s a beautiful day out here in Philly too! I haven’t been able to enjoy it since I’ve been stuck inside at work all day but I’m looking forward to seeing the sun shortly once I leave. :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..My First Pinterest Recipe & Weekend Recap!…

4 Natalie @ Free Range Human November 12, 2012 at 3:07 pm

We’re experiencing some pretty great weather here as well! We have a lot of deer in this part of the world, but I never get tired of seeing them in their natural habitat.

5 michelle kim November 12, 2012 at 3:19 pm

What beautiful weather! Perfect for a stroll and the soup is a great way to recover afterwards. :)
michelle kim recently posted..Recap in Pictures

6 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom November 12, 2012 at 3:26 pm

It is warmer there than it is in Texas today, at least my part of it!! We are only going to hit 60 or so for a high but I am not complaining!! It has been in the 80′s for the last month and I am ready to see a little bit of Fall weather!!
Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..Cake Balls and Holiday Goodies

7 kim@hungryhealthygirl November 12, 2012 at 3:30 pm

I’m in Texas too and I’m with you! I’ve enjoyed the beautiful weather, but I have sweaters that need to be worn. And it needs to be colder on Thanksgiving! ;)

8 kim@hungryhealthygirl November 12, 2012 at 3:29 pm

It’s been so nice here in Texas too, but today it’s gotten colder! I’m going to miss the super nice days, but it will be nice to start a fire and wear sweaters. Cute new balance gear!

9 kristin November 12, 2012 at 3:35 pm

it is a beautiful day just wish i was home to enjoy it and not stuck at work but thats life! I did get out for an hour though for lunch so that counts right?!!

10 Lisa November 12, 2012 at 3:37 pm

Oh my gosh. That bowl is the cutest thing I’ve ever seen. I need one. It’s been pretty beautiful here as well, albeit chilly out. A perfect day for chili! And maybe baking some pumpkin bread.
Lisa recently posted..Weekend Pleasures

11 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction November 12, 2012 at 3:40 pm

Jealous that you got to spend some time outside! I have been in the office all day :/….Hopefully we’ll have a mile winter and there will be more days like this! Also, love the outfit!!
Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..Veterans, Rebels & Runs

12 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries November 12, 2012 at 3:40 pm

Good for you girl! An afternoon stroll is the perfect way to break up the day a bit. It’s a beautiful day here too… A bit on the chilly side, but after a weekend of snow, there’s bright blue skies and the sunshine is out.
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Weekend Highlights

13 Amy @Macncheesenpeas November 12, 2012 at 3:46 pm

it’s warm in Boston too! I’m totally taking advantage and going for a walk at work this afternoon. I like your snazzy new outfit. I love new workout clothes. I want to live in them.
Amy @Macncheesenpeas recently posted..It’s Not Over Til I say It’s Over- November CSA

14 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl November 12, 2012 at 3:47 pm

I cannot get over how cute those mini saltine crackers are! I bet they make eating delicious soup even more fun!
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Iowa City Eats: Oasis- The Falafel Joint

15 Sarah November 12, 2012 at 4:30 pm

This weather is so beautiful! I’m trying to take advantage of my last couple days running outside in shorts and a t-shirt! Love the New Balance set you have- super cute :)
Sarah recently posted..Regionals Recap

16 Taryn November 12, 2012 at 5:20 pm

I have been looking forward to making your Pumpkin Black Bean Soup since I read about it last week. Tonight is the night! I plan on substituting one of the cans of black beans with a can of corn though, since I’m one can of black beans short.

17 Kristen @ notsodomesticated November 12, 2012 at 5:32 pm

We’re having a rainy day today, but overall, I’m definitely loving the autumn in Atlanta! So much better than when we were living in Ohio!!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..19 Weeks: Say Good-Bye to Regular Clothing (and another giveaway!).

18 Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness November 12, 2012 at 5:37 pm

I am loving the warm weather in Boston too! I wish it would stay all winter!

19 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake November 12, 2012 at 6:20 pm

The weather has been unbelievable! I went for a run in shorts and a t-shirt which is pretty unusal for November!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Half Marathon Training Update – 11/12

20 Lydia November 12, 2012 at 7:28 pm

I love that you spied a deer! So cute!!
Lydia recently posted..Weekend Re-Cap

21 Amanda @ .running with spoons. November 12, 2012 at 8:13 pm

I can’t believe it’s November 12th either, but that’s mostly because it looks like the dead of winter outside ;) Send some nice weather my way?
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... okay, okay… i’ll eat! .

22 Angela @ Beauty in Strength November 12, 2012 at 9:19 pm

Mother Nature is all over the place here in Jersey…the hurricane, the snow storm, and now a 64 degree day! Locusts are next. ;)
Angela @ Beauty in Strength recently posted..Head Over Heels

23 Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets November 12, 2012 at 9:33 pm

Yum that soup looks delicious!
Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets recently posted..butter chicken pizza + an apology

24 Greg@visit Finland Blog November 12, 2012 at 10:02 pm

Yes the weather here in Finland should be down in the minus`s now and snow,but we are getting nice temperate weather
It changes what clothing we are wearing to
Greg@visit Finland Blog recently posted..British Expatriate Helsinki Blog-Travelers Guide to Finland

25 Khushboo November 13, 2012 at 12:08 am

November sure is flying…not sure whether I like it!
Khushboo recently posted..Breaking the fast

26 Lyric November 13, 2012 at 12:09 am

It snowed where I live today.. SNOWED!
Lyric recently posted..Quinoa Stuffed Peppers – Vegetarian

27 Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocolate November 13, 2012 at 12:49 am

Such a gorgeous day for a walk!
Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocolate recently posted..Mayfield Bakery

28 Meghan @ After the Ivy League November 13, 2012 at 11:41 am

Cute workout clothes! I haven’t bought anything new in awhile now, I think it’s probably time to freshen up my collection. I’m running out of room to store it all though, I need to do some spring cleaning!

29 Ali @ WHOLEistically Fit November 13, 2012 at 12:42 pm

New, cute workout clothes are the best! :D Always a great motivator!
Ali @ WHOLEistically Fit recently posted..Mexican Comfort Food To Warm The Soul: Chicken Posole

30 Bek @ Crave November 13, 2012 at 10:43 pm

Cute walk get-up, oh and I love your deer pun ;) I wish deers were a regular siting around where I live. It’s more like cats and birds haha.

31 meredith November 15, 2012 at 3:19 am

how in the world do you manage to only use the recommended serving sizes of peanut butter and hummus?!!! I would give anything to be able to do that!