Night Out With The Girls

by Courtney on November 14, 2012

I always love a good night out with the girls!

Last night I met up with Sarah, Mal, and Denise at The Standard restaurant for dinner.

I think the last time I was at The Standard had to be back in 2010 when I went with my friend, Gabby, so I was up for giving it another visit.

My dining pals, Denise & Mal.

Me & Sarah

(do I have sleepy eyes or what?! sheesh)

We immediately got a basket of warm, fresh bread after sitting, which we all devoured.

And no, we weren’t doing lemon drop shots. Winking smile We just had extra lemons for our waters.

For dinner, I ordered the BBQ Chicken Sandwich which was alright, but the sweet potato fries that came with it were definitely the star of the meal. Mmmm…I love me some sweet potato fries.

The four of us spent a couple of hours just doing what we usually do – chatting and laughing – before calling it a night. Gosh, I just love those ladies.

Once I got home, I caught up on the DVR with The Voice and New Girl before hitting the hay. OMG, was New Girl hilarious last night or what?!? “Swimming” in the water? Haha…I was losing it, it was so funny!

*****

Breakfast this morning was a bit of a change, surprisingly enough.

Kashi Simply Maize, Quaker Oatmeal Squares, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, bananas, and chia seeds.

And coffee. Smile

Which, by the way, I just got recently from Trader Joe’s and it is gooooood.

Alright friends, gotta jet. Happy Wednesday!

Question for the Morning:

What’s your favorite way to spend a girls’ night? Out on the town? Cozy night in?

1 Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers November 14, 2012 at 8:16 am

can’t wait for OUR girls’ night this weekend!!!
Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers recently posted..Apple Chicken Sausage Skillet

2 Lauren November 14, 2012 at 8:19 am

I always tell myself I need more “girls nights” in my weekly schedule. They are so necessary. :)
Lauren recently posted..Healthy Habit: My Plan To Cut Back on Sugar

3 Khushboo November 14, 2012 at 8:20 am

Call me cheesy but it’s more the company than place- anywhere will do if I’m with my girls :-)

4 Ali @ WHOLEistically Fit November 14, 2012 at 1:31 pm

I second that! :D I’m a bit of a cheese-ball myself ;).
Ali @ WHOLEistically Fit recently posted..WIAW: Throw Out My Near-Empty Peanut Butter Jar & This Teddy Bear Gets It!

5 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More November 14, 2012 at 8:21 am

Looks like a great night with the girls! And seriously, those sweet potato fries look AMAZING!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..WIAW / Party Eats

6 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope November 14, 2012 at 8:23 am

I like a more casual girl’s night but I do like those fun nights out. Just as long as I’m with my favorite people, it doesn’t matter :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Beginning of November Favorites!…

7 char eats greens November 14, 2012 at 8:23 am

I love doing a girls dinner out, or last time, I did a movie date which was fun too!
char eats greens recently posted..i’m still here

8 Maria @ lift love life November 14, 2012 at 8:40 am

Girls nights are the best :) so necessary!

9 Tara November 14, 2012 at 8:41 am

I love a good girls night out on the town, but I can never turn down a cozy evening either :)

10 Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes November 14, 2012 at 8:48 am

I love going out for dinner and drinks with friends, although I do love staying in and having a good wine night. :)
Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes recently posted..Still in Shock

11 Elaine November 14, 2012 at 8:52 am

I was dying watching the New Girl last night too. Love that show!
Elaine recently posted..Stuffed Chicken Meatballs

12 Kathryn November 14, 2012 at 8:53 am

Most of my gal pals are either pregnant, or have kids, so we don’t get wild and crazy that often anymore. Mostly, we’ll go hang out at someone’s house, chatting and laughing about all kinds of things. Sometimes we’ll meet up at a restaurant, but mostly we’re just laid back about it.

13 Natalie @ Free Range Human November 14, 2012 at 9:01 am

A cozy night in is pretty much my favorite way to hang out with anyone! If I am going out, I like to take in a good restaurant that’s conducive to lingering at the table for good conversations :)
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Miles To Go Before I Sleep

14 Lindsey November 14, 2012 at 9:04 am

Night out on the town!
Lindsey recently posted..It’s Starting…

15 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries November 14, 2012 at 9:07 am

As I’ve gotten older, I appreciate a little more mellow night out with the girls… Dinner is perfect and then I’m ready to head home to get my granny self in bed at a decent time. It was a different story in college, but I appreciate my sleep more and more these days! ;) Glad you gals had a fun evening!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..WIAW #60: Every Two Hours

16 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life November 14, 2012 at 9:18 am

I swear, there is nothing like a girl’s night! My girlfriends came to visit Sarurday for my birthday and just being around them makes me smile and thankful! I literally laughed until I cried multiple times. Friends just bring out the best in us! :) I like both cozy nights in and out on the town adventures!
Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..WIAW: Pumpkin Pancake Breakfast

17 Haley @ The Saucy Apple November 14, 2012 at 9:27 am

Nerd Alert! I love talking with my girlfriends about books. :) I can’t help myself.

But I also love dinner and a movie, getting nails done, going to see a play, cooking an interesting meal together, etc.

Actually, one of the most fun girls’ night I’ve had recently was when we spent several hours in a Dylan’s candy store just looking at all the fun retro candy and listening to the 90s pop music. :)
Haley @ The Saucy Apple recently posted..Principle 1: Reject the Diet Mentality

18 Amanda B November 14, 2012 at 9:29 am

I loved New Girl last night! Sooo funny. I wasn’t sure that I could get into the show in the beginning, but I’m glad I did. It’s great!

19 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction November 14, 2012 at 9:48 am

Either is fine! But I really love a good girls night out! Dressing up and chatting over some wine and a nice dinner with my girlfriends is something I really enjoy!
Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Marshmallow Filling

20 lisa fine November 14, 2012 at 9:53 am

I love Kashi Simply Maize! I just discovered a few weeks ago, and the texture is perfect. I also love that it doesn’t get soggy too quickly.

And sweet potato fries are the best.
lisa fine recently posted..just write

21 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy November 14, 2012 at 10:18 am

I caught up on ‘New Girl’ this morning. So funny :)!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..A Sunny Survey

22 Molly @ Just Your Average Athlete November 14, 2012 at 10:18 am

I love having girls’ nights! I think it’s fun no matter what we do – whether it’s going out for dinner & drinks, or hanging out in sweat pants and watching movies on the couch with some take-out. The conversation & laughs are the same no matter where we all are :)
Molly @ Just Your Average Athlete recently posted..Vermont vacation recap

23 Fizz November 14, 2012 at 10:24 am

I would say if I HAD to choose, I’d pick cozy night in. I love going out with my girls but its also usually disgustingly long between girls nights and sometimes staying in, having a couple of wines and watching some trashy tv is the best way to properly catch up. Hmmm I need a girls night!!
Fizz recently posted..Hearty Lentil Soup.

24 Rachel November 14, 2012 at 10:24 am

Me and my friends usually get dinner out when we hang :)

you always get me in the mood for cereal btw! haha
Rachel recently posted..My first race!

25 Kim@hungryhealthygirl November 14, 2012 at 10:44 am

I love going out with the girls, but it’s great to just stay in a chat too! I still need to try that new Kashi cereal.
Kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..Baked Cranberry Pumpkin Oatmeal & WIAW

26 Amanda @ .running with spoons. November 14, 2012 at 10:55 am

Sounds like an awesome girls night out! I used to love going out and hitting the town with my girls when I was younger, but I think I’ve become a lot more mellow because now I usually prefer something a little more low key. Still, whatever works, really, as long as I’m with my friends :)
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... blindly going in the right direction .

27 Lyric November 14, 2012 at 10:56 am

Out on the town is always fun! But when I’m to lazy to get ready movie and some snacks with my friends is always fun!
Lyric recently posted..Dr.Oz Smoothie

28 Olivia @ Liv Lives Life November 14, 2012 at 10:59 am

I love a cozy night in with my friends. A couple of homemade desserts and a good movie, and we’re all set! :-)
Olivia @ Liv Lives Life recently posted..Pumpkin Pancakes

29 Steph @ StephSnacks November 14, 2012 at 11:04 am

I love either; a night out or a night in with girlfriends is always the best!
Steph @ StephSnacks recently posted..When A Door Doesn’t Close

30 Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire November 14, 2012 at 11:08 am

It looks like you guys had such a good time! I love going out with my girlfriends, especially now that I live so far away and don’t get to see them as much. In college, we used to spend literally every night together, so nights in aren’t too shabby either. Totally necessary sometimes, too!
Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire recently posted..Thoughts on Thanksgiving

31 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl November 14, 2012 at 11:29 am

I know for sure one thing that you and I have in common: We love our sweet potato fries! And the crispier, the better! :)

Back in college, girls night out was all about drinking a ton and going to the bars. Now, a few years later and I am much more content with a dinner out with a few drinks. I must be getting old…. ;)
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Artichoke, Tomato, and Lentil Stew

32 Sarah November 14, 2012 at 11:30 am

I’m a total bread person, so whenever I see good fresh bread at a restaurant, I immediately HAVE to go. But this sounds like a great night out, glad it was fun :)
Sarah recently posted..WIAW: Cooking up a storm

33 Kerry @ Totes My Oats November 14, 2012 at 12:00 pm

I love any type of night with the girls but there is nothing like a fun night out!
Kerry @ Totes My Oats recently posted..Advice Please

34 Eryn November 14, 2012 at 12:54 pm

It’s nice to have a girls night out going to dinner or a club on occasion, but a night in is always fun too. You don’t have to get dressed to impress, just get to be your silly selves with your girls. Always fun!
Eryn recently posted..No Sugar and a Wedding Cake

35 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers November 14, 2012 at 1:14 pm

What fun! The food looks amazing!!!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Baked Cinnamon and Pear Oatmeal

36 Shannon November 14, 2012 at 1:44 pm

Dinner, walking around the mall, and seeing a movie.

37 Michelle@Peachy Palate November 14, 2012 at 2:48 pm

A cozy night in most of the time, some home cooking and lots of chats…even pjs can be worn! And the movie on in the background that never gets watched! It’s nice going out to, sometimes you need a good excuse to get dressed up!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..A simple revisit

38 Tina November 14, 2012 at 2:52 pm

I love having a Just Dance girls night with xbox connect with some cocktails. It’s always a blast.
Tina recently posted..Gluten Free?

39 Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets November 14, 2012 at 9:00 pm

FUN! I love both girls nights out and in .. it’s good to switch it up! That said, I do find that I usually have more fun and more comfortable conversation does tend to happen on nights in!
Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets recently posted..butter chicken pizza + an apology

40 Maria @powerpeanutlife November 14, 2012 at 9:12 pm

Nope, you were not imagining it. New Girl – AH-MAZING! “Red devil in my belly” HAHA! I die.
Maria @powerpeanutlife recently posted..Let’s Catch Up

41 Bek @ Crave November 14, 2012 at 11:50 pm

I love dancing up a storm with the girls!
Bek @ Crave recently posted..How To STAY Healthy

42 dee November 15, 2012 at 5:33 am

your hair always looks so silky soft! love it.