Night Out With The Girls

I always love a good night out with the girls!

Last night I met up with Sarah, Mal, and Denise at The Standard restaurant for dinner.

I think the last time I was at The Standard had to be back in 2010 when I went with my friend, Gabby, so I was up for giving it another visit.

My dining pals, Denise & Mal.

Me & Sarah

(do I have sleepy eyes or what?! sheesh)

We immediately got a basket of warm, fresh bread after sitting, which we all devoured.

And no, we weren’t doing lemon drop shots. Winking smile We just had extra lemons for our waters.

For dinner, I ordered the BBQ Chicken Sandwich which was alright, but the sweet potato fries that came with it were definitely the star of the meal. Mmmm…I love me some sweet potato fries.

The four of us spent a couple of hours just doing what we usually do – chatting and laughing – before calling it a night. Gosh, I just love those ladies.

Once I got home, I caught up on the DVR with The Voice and New Girl before hitting the hay. OMG, was New Girl hilarious last night or what?!? “Swimming” in the water? Haha…I was losing it, it was so funny!

*****

Breakfast this morning was a bit of a change, surprisingly enough.

Kashi Simply Maize, Quaker Oatmeal Squares, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, bananas, and chia seeds.

And coffee. Smile

Which, by the way, I just got recently from Trader Joe’s and it is gooooood.

Alright friends, gotta jet. Happy Wednesday!

Question for the Morning:

What’s your favorite way to spend a girls’ night? Out on the town? Cozy night in?

Comments

1. Kathryn says

Most of my gal pals are either pregnant, or have kids, so we don’t get wild and crazy that often anymore. Mostly, we’ll go hang out at someone’s house, chatting and laughing about all kinds of things. Sometimes we’ll meet up at a restaurant, but mostly we’re just laid back about it.

As I’ve gotten older, I appreciate a little more mellow night out with the girls… Dinner is perfect and then I’m ready to head home to get my granny self in bed at a decent time. It was a different story in college, but I appreciate my sleep more and more these days! 😉 Glad you gals had a fun evening!
    Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..WIAW #60: Every Two Hours

Nerd Alert! I love talking with my girlfriends about books. :) I can’t help myself.

But I also love dinner and a movie, getting nails done, going to see a play, cooking an interesting meal together, etc.

Actually, one of the most fun girls’ night I’ve had recently was when we spent several hours in a Dylan’s candy store just looking at all the fun retro candy and listening to the 90s pop music. :)
    Haley @ The Saucy Apple recently posted..Principle 1: Reject the Diet Mentality

4. Amanda B says

I loved New Girl last night! Sooo funny. I wasn’t sure that I could get into the show in the beginning, but I’m glad I did. It’s great!

I love Kashi Simply Maize! I just discovered a few weeks ago, and the texture is perfect. I also love that it doesn’t get soggy too quickly.

And sweet potato fries are the best.
    lisa fine recently posted..just write

6. Fizz says

I would say if I HAD to choose, I’d pick cozy night in. I love going out with my girls but its also usually disgustingly long between girls nights and sometimes staying in, having a couple of wines and watching some trashy tv is the best way to properly catch up. Hmmm I need a girls night!!
    Fizz recently posted..Hearty Lentil Soup.