Perfect For Pancakes

by Courtney on November 18, 2012

So how’s the weekend going, my friends? Anyone have anything fun going on?? Things are very great for me now since Jay is officially back from work. He finally got back late yesterday afternoon from Virginia so, needless to say, I spent the entire evening with him…not at the computer.

So after sleeping in and lounging around for a bit this morning, we decided to make our favorite Fluffy Pancakes. Sunday mornings are just perfect for pancakes, aren’t they?

I enjoyed three of them, which accidentally got drenched in syrup…guess I got a little heavy handed today. Whoops.

Jay said they were probably the best batch we’ve ever made, and I think I have to agree. They were pretty darn delicious this morning, which I’m pretty sure may have something to do with the Mexican vanilla that I used in the batter. That stuff is just so good…I can’t wait to get more when we go back to Mexico in February!

Now that breakfast is over, I’m looking forward to a niiiice and relaxing Sunday. Smile

Hope everyone else has something fun on the agenda for today!

1 Lisa November 18, 2012 at 10:32 am

Those pancakes looks so perfect looking. I made pancakes this morning as well! I swear they are just the perfect Sunday treat! I agree with you there. I’m with you on a relaxing Sunday, after a few too many cocktails that’s just what I need;)
Lisa recently posted..Looking Forward

2 Khushboo November 18, 2012 at 10:38 am

Ohh so true…pancakes are worth that a little bit of effort and what better day than Sunday! Love the syrup to pancake ratio- syrup is not a food to be stingy with ;)!
Khushboo recently posted..One workout away from a great mood

3 Megan S. November 18, 2012 at 10:49 am

I made some pancakes this morning too! I’m in Greece right now but found some Aunt Jemima mix (for a hefty price tag) and couldn’t wait to have a fluffy short stack :)

4 Jillian @ Sprinkle Massacre November 18, 2012 at 11:03 am

When Joe and I were in Mexico in August, I bought Mexican vanilla out of curiosity and I swear it makes every recipe better!
Jillian @ Sprinkle Massacre recently posted..Buffalo Tuna Salad

5 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers November 18, 2012 at 11:25 am

Ohhh, I wasn’t sure what to make for breakfast, but now I know, PANCAKES! Thank you! Enjoy your relaxing weekend!!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Jalapeno Cheese Bread, Weekly Recap & Thanksgiving Recipes

6 Sarah November 18, 2012 at 11:27 am

These are so good! I think I know what I’m about to go whip up for breakfast… :)
Sarah recently posted..Post Season Mileage

7 Ashlee November 18, 2012 at 11:27 am

Yum! I think I will go get some pancakes riiiiight now!!

8 Annie November 18, 2012 at 12:08 pm

I made these a couple of weeks ago and I have to agree: they are amazing!

9 Stefanie @ Thin Vegetarian November 18, 2012 at 12:09 pm

I actually just had pancakes for breakfast also. It is a Sunday tradition. I usually just cook a bunch of fruit into them so I don’t need syrup.
Stefanie @ Thin Vegetarian recently posted..Rest, Relaxation, and Yoga

10 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl November 18, 2012 at 12:20 pm

Sundays are perfect for pancakes! Especially since I always seem to have more motivation and put more effort into my Sunday meals, breakfast included!
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Mini Mexican Pizzas

11 Mabelle @ Dance, Love, Dine November 18, 2012 at 12:35 pm

Mexican Vanilla?! that sounds like heaven on earth. And the pancakes def look delicious. :)
Mabelle @ Dance, Love, Dine recently posted..My Week in Review

12 Natalie @ Free Range Human November 18, 2012 at 12:50 pm

Those pancakes look yummy! Have a great Sunday!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..A Birthday Wish

13 Marielle November 18, 2012 at 12:54 pm

Those pancakes look amazing! I love just relaxing on sundays….reading blogs, watching football etc. Enjoy!
Marielle recently posted..Finding Balance + Greatist

14 Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets November 18, 2012 at 1:06 pm

Yum! Enjoy a day of relaxation with the boy :)
Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets recently posted..butter chicken pizza + an apology

15 Fizz @ fizzsbizz November 18, 2012 at 1:14 pm

Yum!! Those look delicious.
I used to love when I was little and mum would declare ‘pancakes for dinner’ night!! Best.
Fizz @ fizzsbizz recently posted..Half Moon Bay, Adventure Day!

16 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles November 18, 2012 at 1:20 pm

Now I may have to go back to Mexico for the vanilla :-p
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..I’m Home!

17 Rachel @Running Daze November 18, 2012 at 2:18 pm

OK I just bookmarked those fluffy pancakes and am going to give them a try next weekend. They look awesome! Enjoy your Sunday!

18 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More November 18, 2012 at 2:25 pm

Mexican vanilla is SO good! It really does add so much to baked goods (or pancakes)!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Pumpkin Oatmeal Pancakes

19 Michelle November 18, 2012 at 2:52 pm

Those look tasty! That’s the way to do syrup all the time, though – the syrup lake. Deeeelish :)

20 Michelle@Peachy Palate November 18, 2012 at 3:03 pm

Sunday is all about pancakes..! Pancakes and chillaxing and occasionally catching up on housework :)
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Banana and Berries

21 Clare November 18, 2012 at 4:10 pm

Ahh yum! These look amaaazing.. perfect Sunday breakfast ;)

22 Sarah Lynn November 18, 2012 at 6:38 pm

Yum! Those pancakes look good! Glad you and J had a nice day together, you’re tone in this post really reflects your happy mood! Love your blog, Courtney!
Sarah Lynn recently posted..06/01/10

23 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey November 18, 2012 at 7:15 pm

I refuse to use anything BUT vanilla from Mexico – it’s seriously the best!!!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..fun facts friday

24 Bek @ Crave November 18, 2012 at 9:01 pm

I definitely think Sunday mornings are perfect for Pancakes. If I ever have pancakes it’s always on a Sunday ;)
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Natvia Baking Pack

25 Trudy November 26, 2012 at 5:26 pm

I tried these pancakes yesterday (Sunday)…they were amazing and so fluffy! :)

THANKS! :D