Almost Ready To Go

by Courtney on November 21, 2012

Two desserts baked and almost ready to go!

I’ve got my cheesecake baked and am just waiting for it to cool so I can put the topping on it.

And I’ve also got my pumpkin cake roll cooked and cooling. I don’t know what it is about “rolled” things, but I’ve always been so nervous that I was going to crack and/or ruin it.

So far, so good though! My cake is all rolled up and cooling off as we speak, ready and waiting to be filled with all sorts of delicious cream filling.

I really hope that this thing turns out as delicious as it smells. If it does, I am totally sharing it with you guys. I’m pretty sure the recipe came from my friend Heather’s mom, wayyyy back in the day. Actually, I’m pretty sure the recipe was given to my mom but since they don’t like pumpkin over there (crazies) I took the recipe when I moved out.

Can’t let a good pumpkin recipe go to waist, am I right?? Winking smile

My little baking buddy is usually out at my feet the entire time I’m baking, but he’s actually been laying low today…most likely because we left a blanket out and unfolded, and he’s allll about the blankets.

As far as eats for me go today, I’ve been doing the grazing thing quite a bit. Whenever I spend the day cooking/baking in the kitchen that tends to happen, but that’s fine by me. There’s been a few bites here and there of random snacks, but I did manage to snap a photo of my clementine.

And my more substantial snack…a pumpkin yogurt bowl made with plain Greek yogurt, pumpkin, unsweetened applesauce, bananas, raisins, and granola.

I feel like it’s been forever since I last had a yogurt bowl, but this really hit the spot.

Now’s it’s probably getting close to finishing up those desserts out in the kitchen, so I better get to it! Gosh I just love Thanksgiving and all of the delicious food that comes with it…and I also LOVE not worrying an ounce about eating it. Winking smile

1 Sammy November 21, 2012 at 2:45 pm

Courtney, if that is the pumpkin roll I think you are talking about, it will be amazing! I might have to call my mom up and tell her to make one asap!

2 Courtney November 21, 2012 at 3:05 pm

Hahaha! You just got me even MORE excited for it, Sam! :)

3 Michelle@Peachy Palate November 21, 2012 at 2:51 pm

Good call on the desserts!!! Cheesecakes are hardly ever baked in Ireland, its always the non baked version and pumpkin roll is unheard of – I’m one of a few pumpkin fanatics!!!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Playing catch up again

4 Tina @ Best Body Fitness November 21, 2012 at 2:58 pm

I hope you have a wonderful, wonderful Thanksgiving. Just save me some of that dessert. ;)
Tina @ Best Body Fitness recently posted..Open Up and Let It Flow

5 Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes November 21, 2012 at 3:04 pm

Mmmm, everything looks great! My uncle’s girlfriend usually brings a pumpkin roll to Thanksgiving, and it’s super delicious–and that’s coming from an apple girl. ;)
Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes recently posted..Thanksgiving Preparations and a Walk with Zelda

6 Lisa November 21, 2012 at 3:09 pm

Cheesecake is always the best dessert in my opinion, everything is looking great! Hope you have an amazing Thanksgiving celebration!! Yay for no guilt during this thankful holiday!
Lisa recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday

7 Danica @ It's Progression November 21, 2012 at 3:20 pm

A pumpkin roll?! really hope you share the recipe, that sounds amazing!
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..WIAW #45: operation clean out the fridge

8 Hillary | Nutrition Nut on the Run November 21, 2012 at 3:21 pm

Can’t wait to see how the pumpkin roll turns out — looks great so far!

9 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles November 21, 2012 at 4:05 pm

I think I’m trying my first roll recipe for Christmas this year…I want to make a Yule Log!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..WIAW #11: Chicago Eats.

10 Stefanie @ Thin Vegetarian November 21, 2012 at 4:35 pm

Same thing happens to me when I am in the kitchen all day…no time to sit down and eat so I graze on fruits, yogurt, cut up veggies, as I go along.
Stefanie @ Thin Vegetarian recently posted..Random Musings

11 Danielle @ itsaharleyyylife November 21, 2012 at 6:54 pm

i have never made pumpkin roll before i might have to put that on my bucket list next year!
Danielle @ itsaharleyyylife recently posted..Just Dance 4 Review

12 Heather T. November 21, 2012 at 7:05 pm

I LOVE THAT PUMPKIN ROLL. I second Sammy’s idea about having my mom make one!

13 Amanda @ .running with spoons. November 21, 2012 at 7:17 pm

I’m the same way when it comes to spending the day in the kitchen – constantly grazing and picking away at this and that. The yogurt bowl definitely looks delicious, though… You’re making me wish I decided on having cereal for dinner!
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... WIAW … i totally did .

14 Lydia November 21, 2012 at 7:45 pm

I made a cheesecake too! Thanksgiving always has me in the kitchen, and I ALWAYS end up grazing a bit too ;) Teehee

Cody looks so cute by that blanket :)
Lydia recently posted..Thanksgiving Eve

15 Donna Spears November 21, 2012 at 8:22 pm

Looks great and yummy. Like me, when I am on the kitchen waiting for my cake to cool I did or I will ate something that is also cool for my taste.
Donna Spears recently posted..Some Safety Tips for Home Renovators

16 Lauren November 21, 2012 at 8:25 pm

You go girl! My cheesecake just came out of the oven. Hoping it turned out as good as yours looks. :)
Lauren recently posted..Thanksgiving Recipe Roundup

17 Khushboo Thadani November 21, 2012 at 11:13 pm

Fingers crossed the roll comes out uncracked..although I am almost certain you nailed :D!
Khushboo Thadani recently posted..Giving thanks

18 lyric November 22, 2012 at 12:00 am

I already had Thanks-Giving, I live in Canada haha! All this turkey and desserts is making me kind of jealous ;)
lyric recently posted..Chinese Spaghetti

19 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance November 22, 2012 at 6:27 am

Amen to not worrying about those eats! I have my heart set on my aunt bringing her famous pumpkin trifle that I wait for EVERY year at the holidays. There’s just no portion sizing with that thing!

Anyway, have a very happy Thanksgiving, Courtney :)
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..A Broski Birthday & WIAW

20 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More November 22, 2012 at 7:24 am

Yogurt is a daily occurence in my life. I was thinking ahead to lunch today already and debating a giant salad, but then I realized I’d miss my yogurt so I’m pretty sure the salad isn’t going to happen. ;)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Feeling SO Thankful!

21 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake November 22, 2012 at 9:58 am

Yum! Cheesecake and pumpkin roll sound like two great dessert options.

Happy Thanksgiving Courtney!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Thanksgiving Preparations

22 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl November 22, 2012 at 10:31 am

Aren’t clementines one of the best snacks?? I love how easy they are to peel. I always look forward to this time of year because it is about the only time that I am willing to spend the money on a bag of them. They can be pretty pricey! :(
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..WIAW: November 21, 2012 + A Last-Minute Thanksgiving Breakfast Recipe

23 Bek @ Crave November 22, 2012 at 10:29 pm

Yay for not worrying and enjoying the food! I worry about rolling things and cracking too! So you’re not crazy there ;) Everything looks great so far!
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Let’s Get To Know Each Other