Lots of Snuggles

Happy Thanksgiving Eeeeeeeeeeve! Boy, I can remember a few past Thanksgiving Eves (aka, the biggest drinking day of the year, so they say?) and, well, let’s just say they will not be looking anything like that this year. Apparently, I’m old now.

So as far as last night’s dinner went, I actually went with something totally different, which I forgot was even in the fridge. Over the weekend, I had made up a batch of chicken parmesan meatballs, and decided to make Jay and I a couple of meatball subs.

The subs were awesome. I just filled them up with meatballs, covered them with sauce and cheese, and threw them in the oven for a bit to get nice and warm.

But since we didn’t have any sub rolls last night, I just heated up a few meatballs and covered them in sauce and cheese. Just as delicious, not quite so carb-tastic. Winking smile

For dessert though, Jay and I did manage to break into the bag of TJ’s goodies…

peanut butter pretzels

Ohhh, chocolate covered peanut butter pretzels, how I adore you.

We both snacked on a handful of ‘em while enjoying our Tuesday TV night with plenty of family couch time.

Yes, there was lots of snuggles last night from the fur ball. Smile

*****

Breakfast

Heyyyy, guess what? It’s Waffle Wednesday!

They are finally back in the rotation and I. am. psyched.

I toasted two of them and topped them with some chunky peanut butter, banana slices, and chia seeds.

Perfect way to kick off a Wednesday, if ya ask me.

I’ve got lots to do today, but thank goodness it doesn’t involve any sort of major traveling. I was watching the news this morning and it looks like the traffic is going to be pretty intense out there, so if that includes you, be sure to stay safe!

Question for the Morning:

Do you have to do any traveling for the Thanksgiving holiday?

Comments

I am blessed that my Thanksgiving dinners are only 5 minutes away from each other, and only 30 minutes from my home! My brother is traveling this year though and hopefully he will get out of Chicago smoothly! I saw the news and it didn’t look good, but I am crossing my fingers! :)
    Have a great Thanksgiving with your family girl!

2. JENNIFER says

I see that you have chia seeds with your breakfast all the time. I am wondering are they good health wise or tasty? Just wondering, because I am an eggo waffle and english muffin girl in the morning. Also thanks for your posts, I enjoy them very much. HAPPY TURKEY DAY

• Courtney says

They don’t have too much flavor, really, but they’re a great source of omega-3’s and other awesome health benefits!

Yaaaay!!! So so happy you enjoyed some of your goodies!!!! Those things are so freakin’ addicting….I literally ate a whole bag of them one night, and yes alcohol was included and it wasn’t a pretty sight the next morning lol!! ;) xoxo
    Shayla recently posted..Cycle For Survival

I need to get with it and make a batch of your chicken parm meatballs. I have yet to try them but they sound so delicious!!

We will be traveling about 2 hours to see our family tomorrow. Not too bad but it would still be nice not to be on the read at all. It sure makes for a long day since we come home the same day.
    Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..Ice Cream Robbery

hahah I know what you mean about this year’s “biggest drinking day of the year” being different! Last year was my 5 year high school reunion and my best friend had unlimited drink tickets for the event. You can guess how my night went! This year I will most likely be doing last minute baking and snuggling on the couch with my main man. :) I prefer those kind of nights anyway!
    Amy @Macncheesenpeas recently posted..Recipe Redux: Roasted Rosemary Parsnips

This will be the first time I feel like I’m really traveling for Thanksgiving. I went home from college for the last four years, but that was only an hour trip and never felt much different than going home like I would do every now and again. Now, though, it’s a bit farther for me to get home, involves taking half a day off of work, etc., so I feel like I’m really traveling this time!
    Bethany @ Accidental Intentions recently posted..Pure Michigan

My husband and I annddd our dog will be flying from San Francisco to New York for Thanksgiving with his family. It’s only my second Thanksgiving so I’m really excited!
    Wish me luck travelling with the hound! (stressful!!!!!).
    Happy Thanksgiving Eve to you and yours.
    Fizz recently posted..Half Moon Bay, Adventure Day!

Only traveling for me is a 20 minute drive to my aunt and uncle’s house. Thank God.

I did go to KC this past weekend, and when I got home, my cat was a major snuggler. Aren’t kitty snuggles the best? :)

9. Shannon says

I wanted to go watch the Macy’s parade live in NYC tomorrow morning, but with all the traffic I saw on Good Morning America, I’m not sure if I’m going or not. :( I hope so, but it’s highly unlikely.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Thanksgiving travel plans don’t happen until tomorrow night. We are spending the day with my fiance’s family and then tomorrow evening we will head to my parent’s house two hours away. The best of both worlds! Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!!

11. Jess says

Happy Thanksgiving Eve girl! By the way I meant to let you know I made your chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes this weekend for mine & the boyfriends birthdays. Holy cupcakegasm those were delish! I think there’s only like one left. SO good. Hope you and Jay have a great Thanksgiving! Xoxo

Cooking the entire meal on my own this year! I am traveling back to MN to have Christmas with my family, so we are staying in Cali for Thanksgiving. I am expecting a day full of football, relaxation, and PJs ;) ….After I finish cooking that is ;)
    Lydia recently posted..Thanksgiving Eve