Lots of Snuggles

by Courtney on November 21, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving Eeeeeeeeeeve! Boy, I can remember a few past Thanksgiving Eves (aka, the biggest drinking day of the year, so they say?) and, well, let’s just say they will not be looking anything like that this year. Apparently, I’m old now.

So as far as last night’s dinner went, I actually went with something totally different, which I forgot was even in the fridge. Over the weekend, I had made up a batch of chicken parmesan meatballs, and decided to make Jay and I a couple of meatball subs.

The subs were awesome. I just filled them up with meatballs, covered them with sauce and cheese, and threw them in the oven for a bit to get nice and warm.

But since we didn’t have any sub rolls last night, I just heated up a few meatballs and covered them in sauce and cheese. Just as delicious, not quite so carb-tastic. Winking smile

For dessert though, Jay and I did manage to break into the bag of TJ’s goodies…

peanut butter pretzels

Ohhh, chocolate covered peanut butter pretzels, how I adore you.

We both snacked on a handful of ‘em while enjoying our Tuesday TV night with plenty of family couch time.

Yes, there was lots of snuggles last night from the fur ball. Smile

*****

Breakfast

Heyyyy, guess what? It’s Waffle Wednesday!

They are finally back in the rotation and I. am. psyched.

I toasted two of them and topped them with some chunky peanut butter, banana slices, and chia seeds.

Perfect way to kick off a Wednesday, if ya ask me.

I’ve got lots to do today, but thank goodness it doesn’t involve any sort of major traveling. I was watching the news this morning and it looks like the traffic is going to be pretty intense out there, so if that includes you, be sure to stay safe!

Question for the Morning:

Do you have to do any traveling for the Thanksgiving holiday?

1 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life November 21, 2012 at 9:24 am

I am blessed that my Thanksgiving dinners are only 5 minutes away from each other, and only 30 minutes from my home! My brother is traveling this year though and hopefully he will get out of Chicago smoothly! I saw the news and it didn’t look good, but I am crossing my fingers! :)
Have a great Thanksgiving with your family girl!

2 Danica @ It's Progression November 21, 2012 at 9:25 am

I’ve read it a few places now this morning, but I had no idea that today was one of the biggest drinking days of the year? We’re doing quite a bit of traveling over the next 4 days, makes for a lot of planning/packing/cleaning I need to get to today!
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..WIAW #45: operation clean out the fridge

3 Janay @ Ranch Lickin' Good November 21, 2012 at 9:54 am

I’m definitely traveling for Thanksgiving and it’s definitely not looking promising…looks like traffic from Chicago to Ohio might take us FOREVER…lots of good tunes and coffee will be in order that’s for sure! :) Have a greaaat Thanksgiving!!
Janay @ Ranch Lickin’ Good recently posted..My First Friendsgiving!!

4 Molly @ Just Your Average Athlete November 21, 2012 at 9:59 am

I’m lucky that my traveling is pretty easy this year; I’m just driving down to my parents’ house, which should take me less than an hour. Looking forward to some quality family time :) Happy Thanksgiving to you & your family!
Molly @ Just Your Average Athlete recently posted..Of possible interest…

5 kristin November 21, 2012 at 10:05 am

Have a great Thanksgiving and drive safe also!!!!

6 Stefanie @ Thin Vegetarian November 21, 2012 at 10:09 am

I have classes until a little after 8. Then my mom is picking me up from NYC to drive home to NJ…sounds like it will be a long day!
Stefanie @ Thin Vegetarian recently posted..Bodyweight 1200 Workout

7 Rachel@Running Daze November 21, 2012 at 10:10 am

We have about a 4 hour drive from NC to WV tomorrow.

Love those TJ peanut butter pretzels!

Have a good Wednesday!

8 Amanda @ .running with spoons. November 21, 2012 at 10:29 am

I’m actually pretty lucky that I don’t have to do much travelling to see my family – they live about 20 minutes away so thankfully it’s nothing too major. I’m pretty bad with long road trips, especially if there’s a lot of traffic.
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... a curious craving .

9 alyssa - life a la wife November 21, 2012 at 10:31 am

No traveling for us! But I do have lots of baking to do :)
alyssa – life a la wife recently posted..Pumpkin Pie Chia Seed Pudding

10 JENNIFER November 21, 2012 at 10:32 am

I see that you have chia seeds with your breakfast all the time. I am wondering are they good health wise or tasty? Just wondering, because I am an eggo waffle and english muffin girl in the morning. Also thanks for your posts, I enjoy them very much. HAPPY TURKEY DAY

11 Courtney November 21, 2012 at 12:32 pm

They don’t have too much flavor, really, but they’re a great source of omega-3′s and other awesome health benefits!

12 Shayla November 21, 2012 at 10:35 am

Yaaaay!!! So so happy you enjoyed some of your goodies!!!! Those things are so freakin’ addicting….I literally ate a whole bag of them one night, and yes alcohol was included and it wasn’t a pretty sight the next morning lol!! ;) xoxo
Shayla recently posted..Cycle For Survival

13 Courtney November 21, 2012 at 12:33 pm

HAHAHA oh mannn, that sounds like it was a fun night! ;)

14 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl November 21, 2012 at 10:44 am

I do not have to do any traveling for the Thanksgiving holiday, and thank goodness because the fog is outrageous here in the Midwest!

I plan on going out for some drinking fun tonight for the first time in years….pray for me! ;)
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Homemade Pizza Pockets

15 Natalie @ Free Range Human November 21, 2012 at 10:47 am

Thankfully, I did all of my Thanksgiving traveling last weekend so I get to stay put tomorrow.
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Views From The Road

16 Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes November 21, 2012 at 10:50 am

My immediate family hosts Thanksgiving every year, so no travel for me. Thankfully, almost all of our extended family lives pretty close by. Since we’re hosting, however, that means today will be filled with cleaning and preparing … which I should actually go do now. ;)
Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes recently posted..Greetings From Central New York

17 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom November 21, 2012 at 11:15 am

I need to get with it and make a batch of your chicken parm meatballs. I have yet to try them but they sound so delicious!!

We will be traveling about 2 hours to see our family tomorrow. Not too bad but it would still be nice not to be on the read at all. It sure makes for a long day since we come home the same day.
Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..Ice Cream Robbery

18 Courtney November 21, 2012 at 12:36 pm

You should definitely make them! They’re SOO good :)

19 Alysia @ Slim Sanity November 21, 2012 at 11:30 am

those subs look freaking fantastic! I’m going to have to make something like that soon. No traveling for Thanksgiving for us this year, staying local in Dallas with some friends!
Alysia @ Slim Sanity recently posted..WIAW #28: sweet potato soup

20 Amy @Macncheesenpeas November 21, 2012 at 11:36 am

hahah I know what you mean about this year’s “biggest drinking day of the year” being different! Last year was my 5 year high school reunion and my best friend had unlimited drink tickets for the event. You can guess how my night went! This year I will most likely be doing last minute baking and snuggling on the couch with my main man. :) I prefer those kind of nights anyway!
Amy @Macncheesenpeas recently posted..Recipe Redux: Roasted Rosemary Parsnips

21 Courtney November 21, 2012 at 12:37 pm

I hear ya!!

22 Bethany @ Accidental Intentions November 21, 2012 at 11:37 am

This will be the first time I feel like I’m really traveling for Thanksgiving. I went home from college for the last four years, but that was only an hour trip and never felt much different than going home like I would do every now and again. Now, though, it’s a bit farther for me to get home, involves taking half a day off of work, etc., so I feel like I’m really traveling this time!
Bethany @ Accidental Intentions recently posted..Pure Michigan

23 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction November 21, 2012 at 11:43 am

I am traveling about 10 minutes to the next town over! LOL..Happy Thanksgiving Eve! :)
Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..Weekend Outfit Under $100

24 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers November 21, 2012 at 11:46 am

Love you TJ’s Goodie Bag!! lol I have a hidden bag of candy in my pantry! I try to keep it out of site, but it doesn’t stay out of mind. lol Yah, as you get older, the drinking starts to fade, people have families now, but I think that is even better. Or best staying in and cozying up to the one you love! :) Happy Thanksgiving!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Apple Maple Glazed Pork Tenderloin

25 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake November 21, 2012 at 11:49 am

Luckily, my family is pretty close by. We only have to drive about 10 minutes down the road!

PS – I’m making your toffee chocolate crispy cookies to take to my in-laws tomorrow!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Disappearing Act

26 Courtney November 21, 2012 at 12:37 pm

OOooooo, I hope everyone loves them! Make sure you let me know ;)

27 Sarah November 21, 2012 at 12:05 pm

Umm you always eat the BEST foods! Waffles and subs with cheese and tomatoes?Holy yum! Happy Thanksgiving Eve :)
Sarah recently posted..WIAW: my sweet tooth might kill me

28 michelle kim November 21, 2012 at 12:05 pm

I’ll be going to Lake Tahoe with my boyfriend’s family the day after Thanksgiving.
Yum! Waffle Wednesday :) It’s a great way to start the day!
michelle kim recently posted..I’m a Cheater

29 Fizz November 21, 2012 at 12:14 pm

My husband and I annddd our dog will be flying from San Francisco to New York for Thanksgiving with his family. It’s only my second Thanksgiving so I’m really excited!
Wish me luck travelling with the hound! (stressful!!!!!).
Happy Thanksgiving Eve to you and yours.
Fizz recently posted..Half Moon Bay, Adventure Day!

30 Courtney November 21, 2012 at 12:38 pm

WOW, that’s some serious travel! Good luck to you, and Happy Thanksgiving to you, too! :)

31 Beks November 21, 2012 at 12:28 pm

Only traveling for me is a 20 minute drive to my aunt and uncle’s house. Thank God.

I did go to KC this past weekend, and when I got home, my cat was a major snuggler. Aren’t kitty snuggles the best? :)

32 Shannon November 21, 2012 at 12:37 pm

I wanted to go watch the Macy’s parade live in NYC tomorrow morning, but with all the traffic I saw on Good Morning America, I’m not sure if I’m going or not. :( I hope so, but it’s highly unlikely.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

33 Tara November 21, 2012 at 1:13 pm

Thanksgiving travel plans don’t happen until tomorrow night. We are spending the day with my fiance’s family and then tomorrow evening we will head to my parent’s house two hours away. The best of both worlds! Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!!

34 Jess November 21, 2012 at 1:36 pm

Happy Thanksgiving Eve girl! By the way I meant to let you know I made your chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes this weekend for mine & the boyfriends birthdays. Holy cupcakegasm those were delish! I think there’s only like one left. SO good. Hope you and Jay have a great Thanksgiving! Xoxo

35 Michelle@Peachy Palate November 21, 2012 at 2:43 pm

No thanksgiving for us here in Ireland! Have an awesome day!!! :) Your subs look epic btw!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Playing catch up again

36 Lydia November 21, 2012 at 7:55 pm

Cooking the entire meal on my own this year! I am traveling back to MN to have Christmas with my family, so we are staying in Cali for Thanksgiving. I am expecting a day full of football, relaxation, and PJs ;) ….After I finish cooking that is ;)
Lydia recently posted..Thanksgiving Eve