Some Other Food Groups

by Courtney on November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Who’s ready for some delicious food headed their way today?? I know I. Am. Pumped. And as much as I loved hosting Thanksgiving last year, I’m feeling pretty thankful for not having to do it this year…it’s exhausting!

So last night, Jay and I enjoyed a quiet evening in, ordered some food for dinner, watched a movie, and I finished up the rest of my desserts.

I cannot even begin to tell you how ready I am to dig into this thing.

And hey, look…no cracks while rolling! I was *this close* to cutting off the edges to, you know, make them look a little more pretty.

But then I figured I better just wait. Winking smile

The cheesecake is also looking mighty tempting.

I followed Kristen’s recipe exactly, except I added a sprinkle of some toffee bits on top because, well, everything is better with toffee bits, isn’t it?

The cheesecake is coming with us to my parents’ house, which is our first stop of the day, but I’ll have to wait until later on for my pumpkin roll, since that’s going to Jay’s aunt’s house later this evening. Ohhh, the suspense!

This morning, Jay and I were both up pretty early, mostly because he had to get ready to go play some football with the guys. So I took advantage of the extra leisurely time and decided to do my own little makeshift Turkey Trot Walk on the treadmill while cracking up at Josh Elliot hose the “game show” on GMA this morning. Did anyone else watch that today? My gosh, I love him.

So yeah, not quite a 5K on the treadmill, but close enough. Winking smile

Shortly after finishing up on the treadmill, I came back upstairs to make some breakfast.

I figure I’m going to pretty much have the carbs covered for the rest of today, so I made an attempt to fill up on some other food groups this morning.

Half of a grapefruit sprinkled with brown sugar (so good, by the way…I need to buy these more often)

And some scrambled eggs with lots of spinach and ketchup.

Now that breakfast is taken care of, I think it’s about time to get showered up and ready for today. Boy, I have so much to be thankful for this year!

Wishing everyone a wonderful day, whether you’re celebrating Turkey Day or not!

Cliché Question of the Morning:

What are you most thankful for this year? Winking smile

1 Beks November 22, 2012 at 10:17 am

Happy Thanksgiving, Courtney!

Honestly, I’m thankful for my kitty, Jane Austen. The days at work have been getting long and stressful, and she’s just so sweet and affectionate. I love her.
Beks recently posted..Happy Thanksgiving, Charlie Brown!

2 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl November 22, 2012 at 10:29 am

That cheesecake looks heavenly! I am sure everyone will be pleased with what you chose to contribute :) .

Brown sugar on a grapefruit? This is a new concept to me as I have always heard of using white sugar, but it sure sounds tasty!

I hope you and your family have a fabulous (and delicious!) Thanksgiving! :)
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..WIAW: November 21, 2012 + A Last-Minute Thanksgiving Breakfast Recipe

3 Sarah November 22, 2012 at 10:35 am

WHAT is the top dessert? That looks HEAVENLY! Happy Thanksgiving!!
Sarah recently posted..Missing that Big Belly Laugh

4 Marielle November 22, 2012 at 11:01 am

Awww that food looks amazing!!! That got me more excited to eat later today :) I hope u have a great day ! :)
Marielle recently posted..Fit For Thanksgiving

5 Fiona @ Get Fit Fiona November 22, 2012 at 11:02 am

I’m thankful for my family. Over the last year a couple family members have had some pretty scary medical problems, but everyone is here this year, and as healthy as they can be, considering the circumstances, so I’m pretty happy.
Fiona @ Get Fit Fiona recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday

6 Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness November 22, 2012 at 11:05 am

Happy Thanksgiving! Have a fabulous day!
Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness recently posted..Thankful!

7 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers November 22, 2012 at 11:16 am

Happy Thanksgiving! The cake looks fantastic!!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Fall Crisp & Happy Thanksgiving

8 Julie @ Sweetly Balanced November 22, 2012 at 11:29 am

Happy Thanksgiving!! I’m thankful for my wonderful fiance this year!! :)
Julie @ Sweetly Balanced recently posted..Happy Thanksgiving!

9 Amanda @ .running with spoons. November 22, 2012 at 11:36 am

Happy Thanksgiving, Courtney! Both of those desserts look to die for – I’m sure they’ll be a huge hit :D I’m probably most thankful for my health. After years of abusing my poor body, I feel like it’s finally on it’s way to healing and I couldn’t be happier.
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... WIAW … i totally did .

10 Lauren November 22, 2012 at 11:46 am

I ate 1/2 a grapefruit almost every morning. Love them! Happy Thanksgiving sweet girl! xoxo
Lauren recently posted..Thanksgiving Recipe Roundup

11 Alison November 22, 2012 at 12:27 pm

Happy thanksgiving! Hope your day is filled with joy, family, friends, and good food! <3

12 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More November 22, 2012 at 12:49 pm

That cheesecake and pumpkin roll look SO GOOD! I hope we have some pie alternatives tonight but I’ll be honest, I’m SO excited about the roasted butternut squash and brussels sprouts I’m making. :)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Feeling SO Thankful!

13 Lauren @The Homeostatic Mindset November 22, 2012 at 1:07 pm

You are a freakin CHEF, girl!!! That pumpkin roll is EPIC.
Lauren @The Homeostatic Mindset recently posted..The monster inside…

14 Khushboo November 22, 2012 at 1:23 pm

Well done on the desserts! Have a wonderful thanksgiving!
Khushboo recently posted..Giving thanks

15 Melanie November 22, 2012 at 1:33 pm

Happy Thanksgiving Court! I am most thankful for my family, friends, and health. I hope you have a WONDERFUL turkey day my friend!
Melanie recently posted..Some Leftover Goodies

16 Shannon November 22, 2012 at 2:23 pm

I did watch the “game show” Josh Elliott hosted on GMA this morning. It was too funny-especially since all of the answers were correct! I really like him and the whole team on GMA, I’m hoping that Robin Roberts returns soon and gets well fast. :)

I’m thankful for family, friends, a home that I can come back to at the end of the day, a good education I get at school, and the food that I’m going to eat in about an hour.

Have a happy Thanksgiving!

17 Michelle@Peachy Palate November 22, 2012 at 2:42 pm

Happy Thanksgiving! We don’t have it here in Ireland…but I’m thankful for being able to vicariously enjoy the festivities with all the Thanksgiving posts! :) The roll is perfect, I’ve never attempted one, I fear the cracks!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..My go to loaf

18 Stefanie @ Thin Vegetarian November 22, 2012 at 2:48 pm

Happy Thanksgiving! You got me in the mood for some eggs right now…be right back!
Stefanie @ Thin Vegetarian recently posted..Back Home

19 dee November 22, 2012 at 4:59 pm

Grapefruit with brown sugar! Oh, man! I usually sprinkle mine with salt! I might have to try the brown sugar sometime ;)

This year more than ever, I am thankful for my family. They’re amazing, and I am lucky to have them! I am also thankful for my health and my being able to go to school and learn! Haha, is that silly?

20 michelle kim November 22, 2012 at 6:36 pm

Happy Thanksgiving! And those desserts look AMAZING!
I’m thankful for my health (and my family and friends, of course). :)
michelle kim recently posted..Run, Turkey, Run 10K

21 Madison @ Pilates Makes You Happy November 22, 2012 at 8:44 pm

Um your roll? LOOKS AMAZING! Happy Thanksgiving!
Madison @ Pilates Makes You Happy recently posted..New Post.. Whaaaat?!

22 Bek @ Crave November 22, 2012 at 10:30 pm

Good job getting in some vegies and fruit before the eating fest begins- enjoy your thanksgiving :)
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Let’s Get To Know Each Other