Things Accomplished Today

It has been a long and very productive day, but man am I wiped. Actually, I’m pretty sure all of us are.

Things accomplished today:

• Walked 3 miles on the treadmill while watching Fred Clause
  • Got the grocery shopping done for the week, and only managed to forget one thing on my list
  • Lots of laundry
  • “Window shopped” a bit online, looking for some Cyber Monday deals, but I wasn’t able to find too many. Maybe I’m missing them? Anyone know where I can find some good deals for tomorrow??
  • Baked a TON of these cookies

Almost 6 dozen, to be exact. Part of them will be sent out tomorrow to the winning bidder from Gina’s online auction for hurricane Sandy (we had to delay due to Thanksgiving) and part of them will be stored in the freezer as the official first batch of Christmas cookies for the season.

I’ve already got quite a few recipes lined up this year, and my mom and I even picked a date to our annual cookie baking extravaganza. I’m so excited!

• We (aka, Jay) also got a bunch done on some more house projects…currently, we’re (aka, Jay) working on replacing all of the old molding around the doors and windows with new, white molding.

It’s proving to be quite a process, but it will be SO worth it in the end. It’s already looking amazing, and once that’s done we’ll be painting that hallway the same color brown that’s on our living room walls. Oh, and don’t mind the room at the end of the hallway…it’s currently acting as our “catch all” at the moment.

And let that simmer on the stove while I baked up our favorite Sun-Dried Tomato and Mozzarella Quick Bread.

I subbed in half whole wheat flour this time, which turned out great, and I also actually had to make a sub for the Greek yogurt (didn’t have any), so I added about 1/4 cup extra of milk and probably about 1/4 cup ricotta cheese. It worked!

I feel like a scarfed that dinner down in no time, because I was starving by the time I got around to eating. All that hard work in the kitchen makes for a hungry gal.

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m about to go put my feet up. Winking smile

Hope you’re all having a fabulous weekend!

Comments

1. Joanna says

Hi Courtney! If possible could you please include some freezing tips for cookies/baked goods. I never know if I can only freeze the dough or after they are baked etc etc..Thank you!

• Courtney says

I honestly just store them either in gallon bags, stacked up, or in tupperware containers. I’ve never had a problem with them staying for as long as I need them in there, so that works for me! :)

I did just about the same things today. I loved it. I baked, got the Christmas decorations up, listened to a little N Sync Christmas tunes;) ha. I love this time of year makes me SO happy! And of course plan on watching Elf soon, which is basically the best movie ever. Looks like you had a fabulous and productive day!
    Lisa recently posted..First Things First

I love ur dishes , they are so cute and perfect size for the soup. Where could I find some.??? Oh those cookies look amazing and the bread too,. Love ur soup recipes by the way.. I make ur veggie one often .

I’m sure your sun-dried tomato and mozzarella bread is amazing, but I wanted to mention a spice you should definitely try out with your bread recipe. It’s called Smoked Mozzarella and Tomato Blend from Wildtree. I think it would make your bread even more delicious. Check it out girl :)

Have a great day xox
    Jessie recently posted..Marvelous In My Monday

5. LauraT says

Your bread and soup look delish! A cyberMonday deal that I am excited about is 20% off at athlete.com. They rarely offer % offs and I am love w/ all their things!

6. dee says

I absolutely LOVE your cookies! They’re all such a hit when I bake them, and I cannot wait to make your raspberry almond gems this year (my friends were willing to pay me for more last Christmas)! I just have a few questions about freezing cookies! Do you bake, cool, then freeze? Do they taste the same after defrosting? Do they work for all cookies? I’m afraid I’ll get soggy, less flavorful, stale cookies.

• Courtney says

I freeze just about all of them (after baking and cooling) and they’re fine! The only thing I don’t do is freeze filled ones, like the raspberry almond gems. For those, I freeze the cookies, but don’t fill them until I’m ready to use them. Other than that, they definitely still taste great!

Trackbacks