Things Accomplished Today

by Courtney on November 25, 2012

It has been a long and very productive day, but man am I wiped. Actually, I’m pretty sure all of us are.

Things accomplished today:

• Walked 3 miles on the treadmill while watching Fred Clause
  • Got the grocery shopping done for the week, and only managed to forget one thing on my list
  • Lots of laundry
  • “Window shopped” a bit online, looking for some Cyber Monday deals, but I wasn’t able to find too many. Maybe I’m missing them? Anyone know where I can find some good deals for tomorrow??
  • Baked a TON of these cookies

Almost 6 dozen, to be exact. Part of them will be sent out tomorrow to the winning bidder from Gina’s online auction for hurricane Sandy (we had to delay due to Thanksgiving) and part of them will be stored in the freezer as the official first batch of Christmas cookies for the season.

I’ve already got quite a few recipes lined up this year, and my mom and I even picked a date to our annual cookie baking extravaganza. I’m so excited!

• We (aka, Jay) also got a bunch done on some more house projects…currently, we’re (aka, Jay) working on replacing all of the old molding around the doors and windows with new, white molding.

It’s proving to be quite a process, but it will be SO worth it in the end. It’s already looking amazing, and once that’s done we’ll be painting that hallway the same color brown that’s on our living room walls. Oh, and don’t mind the room at the end of the hallway…it’s currently acting as our “catch all” at the moment.

And let that simmer on the stove while I baked up our favorite Sun-Dried Tomato and Mozzarella Quick Bread.

I subbed in half whole wheat flour this time, which turned out great, and I also actually had to make a sub for the Greek yogurt (didn’t have any), so I added about 1/4 cup extra of milk and probably about 1/4 cup ricotta cheese. It worked!

I feel like a scarfed that dinner down in no time, because I was starving by the time I got around to eating. All that hard work in the kitchen makes for a hungry gal.

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m about to go put my feet up. Winking smile

Hope you’re all having a fabulous weekend!

1 Maria @ lift love life November 25, 2012 at 6:49 pm

Those cookies. Omg. I NEED.
Maria @ lift love life recently posted..So thankful…

2 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey November 25, 2012 at 6:51 pm

Look at you lady! You definitely accomplished a lot today! We have white trim/molding as well, and I love it. It’s definitely a pain to clean, but whatever! (shhh sometimes I just don’t clean it until John tells me it looks horrible ;) )
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..fun facts friday… better late than never

3 Joanna November 25, 2012 at 6:56 pm

Hi Courtney! If possible could you please include some freezing tips for cookies/baked goods. I never know if I can only freeze the dough or after they are baked etc etc..Thank you!

4 Courtney November 25, 2012 at 7:04 pm

I honestly just store them either in gallon bags, stacked up, or in tupperware containers. I’ve never had a problem with them staying for as long as I need them in there, so that works for me! :)

5 Lisa November 25, 2012 at 6:59 pm

I did just about the same things today. I loved it. I baked, got the Christmas decorations up, listened to a little N Sync Christmas tunes;) ha. I love this time of year makes me SO happy! And of course plan on watching Elf soon, which is basically the best movie ever. Looks like you had a fabulous and productive day!
Lisa recently posted..First Things First

6 Fiona @ Get Fit Fiona November 25, 2012 at 7:09 pm

Those cookies looks so good! I did some Christmas baking today too.
Fiona @ Get Fit Fiona recently posted..It’s Finally Friday

7 lyric November 25, 2012 at 7:15 pm

Whenever I make bread it never turns out!
lyric recently posted..Fall Fashion and Fall Food

8 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction November 25, 2012 at 7:18 pm

Got my tree up today too as well! I haven’t found any good cyber Monday deals either yet, what gives?!
Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..A Thanks From Me to YOU!

9 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake November 25, 2012 at 7:44 pm

I love productive days! :-)

Can’t wait to get working on Christmas cookie baking!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Thanksgiving 2012

10 Marielle November 25, 2012 at 7:45 pm

Omg those cookies! I’d have a hard time not eating them as I bake! :)
Marielle recently posted..Powered By Bits

11 Chantelle @ A Tale of Two Pretties November 25, 2012 at 7:49 pm

Those cookies look amazing! AND such a great cause–you ladies are fabulous!
Chantelle @ A Tale of Two Pretties recently posted..Free Custom Design with a Premium Theme Purchase on Black Friday

12 Nicole @ livingthesweetlifestl.wordpress.com November 25, 2012 at 8:40 pm

I did almost the exact same thing today minus the baking…such a perfect day!

13 Angela @ Beauty in Strength November 25, 2012 at 8:42 pm

So productive! Nothing like hot soup on a cold night next to the tree!
Angela @ Beauty in Strength recently posted..Service Sunday

14 Lauren November 25, 2012 at 8:48 pm

My goodness, what a day! I feel slightly less accomplished after that rockstar list. :)
Lauren recently posted..What I’m Loving {Christmas List Edition}

15 Jennifer November 25, 2012 at 8:59 pm

Love the matching soup and plate combo!! How cute!!

16 Rachel November 25, 2012 at 9:30 pm

Kate Spade is having a faaaantastic Cyber Monday sale, 75% off!
Rachel recently posted..Happy Thanksgiving!

17 Stefanie @ Thin Vegetarian November 25, 2012 at 9:42 pm

I had a super busy weekend also. Ran 12 miles and did all the Christmas decorating in one day, plus cooking. Needless to say, my feet were throbbing by the time I went to bed!
Stefanie @ Thin Vegetarian recently posted..Over-Ambitious

18 Lili November 25, 2012 at 11:25 pm

I love ur dishes , they are so cute and perfect size for the soup. Where could I find some.??? Oh those cookies look amazing and the bread too,. Love ur soup recipes by the way.. I make ur veggie one often .

19 Courtney November 26, 2012 at 8:51 am

QVC :)

20 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl November 25, 2012 at 11:48 pm

Man, that soup looks awesome. What a great way to use leftover turkey…now if only I ate turkey! ;)
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Spicy Tomato Vegetable Soup

21 Jessie November 26, 2012 at 12:41 am

I’m sure your sun-dried tomato and mozzarella bread is amazing, but I wanted to mention a spice you should definitely try out with your bread recipe. It’s called Smoked Mozzarella and Tomato Blend from Wildtree. I think it would make your bread even more delicious. Check it out girl :)

Have a great day xox
Jessie recently posted..Marvelous In My Monday

22 Courtney November 26, 2012 at 8:51 am

WOAH, that sounds serious! I’ve never heard of Wildtree before??? Is it a store? I need that spice blend!!

23 Jessie November 27, 2012 at 8:07 am

I don’t think it’s an actual store, but I know it’s an online site (obviously, Ha). I must warn you though.. once you see all the delicious things we sell, you may become quite addicted :)
Jessie recently posted..Marvelous In My Monday

24 Khushboo November 26, 2012 at 12:51 am

Is it weird that I prefer cookies straight out of the freezer than the oven? Hope you enjoyed the rest of your Sunday!
Khushboo recently posted..A tOATal meal

25 Courtney November 26, 2012 at 8:52 am

There are certain cookies I like straight from the freezer too! :)

26 LauraT November 26, 2012 at 12:55 am

Your bread and soup look delish! A cyberMonday deal that I am excited about is 20% off at athlete.com. They rarely offer % offs and I am love w/ all their things!

27 LauraT November 26, 2012 at 12:58 am

meant to say : athleta. com is having 20% off!

28 dee November 26, 2012 at 1:59 am

I absolutely LOVE your cookies! They’re all such a hit when I bake them, and I cannot wait to make your raspberry almond gems this year (my friends were willing to pay me for more last Christmas)! I just have a few questions about freezing cookies! Do you bake, cool, then freeze? Do they taste the same after defrosting? Do they work for all cookies? I’m afraid I’ll get soggy, less flavorful, stale cookies.

29 Courtney November 26, 2012 at 8:53 am

I freeze just about all of them (after baking and cooling) and they’re fine! The only thing I don’t do is freeze filled ones, like the raspberry almond gems. For those, I freeze the cookies, but don’t fill them until I’m ready to use them. Other than that, they definitely still taste great!

30 Michelle@Peachy Palate November 26, 2012 at 5:07 am

Bread looks amazing…as do the cookies! Nothing better than starting the week after a productive Sunday!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Chunky monkey pancakes!

31 Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets November 26, 2012 at 1:00 pm

AHH the cookies. they look so good! I attempted a batch of cookies and failed horribly, so this makes me uber jealous of your cookie-baking abilities ;)
Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets recently posted..i’m baaaack

32 Bek @ Crave November 26, 2012 at 10:23 pm

haha how can you forget things when you have a list? :P Good job on the productivity today!
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Christmas Thumbprint Cookies