It has been a long and very productive day, but man am I wiped. Actually, I’m pretty sure all of us are.
Things accomplished today:
- Walked 3 miles on the treadmill while watching Fred Clause
- Got the grocery shopping done for the week, and only managed to forget one thing on my list
- Lots of laundry
- “Window shopped” a bit online, looking for some Cyber Monday deals, but I wasn’t able to find too many. Maybe I’m missing them? Anyone know where I can find some good deals for tomorrow??
- Baked a TON of these cookies…
Almost 6 dozen, to be exact. Part of them will be sent out tomorrow to the winning bidder from Gina’s online auction for hurricane Sandy (we had to delay due to Thanksgiving) and part of them will be stored in the freezer as the official first batch of Christmas cookies for the season.
I’ve already got quite a few recipes lined up this year, and my mom and I even picked a date to our annual cookie baking extravaganza. I’m so excited!
- We (aka, Jay) also got a bunch done on some more house projects…currently, we’re (aka, Jay) working on replacing all of the old molding around the doors and windows with new, white molding.
It’s proving to be quite a process, but it will be SO worth it in the end. It’s already looking amazing, and once that’s done we’ll be painting that hallway the same color brown that’s on our living room walls. Oh, and don’t mind the room at the end of the hallway…it’s currently acting as our “catch all” at the moment.
- Also included in today’s accomplishments…I put together a pretty delicious batch of Leftover Turkey and Veggie Soup.
And let that simmer on the stove while I baked up our favorite Sun-Dried Tomato and Mozzarella Quick Bread.
I subbed in half whole wheat flour this time, which turned out great, and I also actually had to make a sub for the Greek yogurt (didn’t have any), so I added about 1/4 cup extra of milk and probably about 1/4 cup ricotta cheese. It worked!
I feel like a scarfed that dinner down in no time, because I was starving by the time I got around to eating. All that hard work in the kitchen makes for a hungry gal.
Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m about to go put my feet up.
Hope you’re all having a fabulous weekend!