Spicy

by Courtney on November 27, 2012

Hello! Good morning! How’s everyone doing this morning?

So last night I cooked up a new-to-us dinner, and WOW. That ish was spicyyyy.

I ended up buying a package of the new Campbell’s Skillet Sauces on Sunday, since I had a coupon and it was only going to cost me like, a buck. I picked up the Creamy Chipotle flavor since it said to pair it with chicken, which I already had on hand, and you’d think the “chipotle” would have been warning enough for me.

Whewwwww! I will say that it was actually pretty tasty, but there was a lot of water consumed with last night’s meal. I might buy it again, maybe in a different flavor, just to have on hand since it was ridiculously easy to make, but we’ll see.

I served the spicy chicken on top of brown rice and cooked up some green beans on the side.

I actually feel like that’s one of the more balanced meals that I’ve cooked in quite a while now?

A couple of hours later, I found myself pretty hungry again, so I wound up making myself a mug of cereal to snack on while watching The Voice.

Did anyone else watch The Voice last night and think that Christina Aguilera was being super snotty?! Jay actually can’t stand her, but I’ve always liked her so the show usually ends up including bouts of Jay calling her names and me defending her…but last night? Mannnn…I don’t know what her deal was. She was ruuuuuuude.

Breakfast

Yesterday’s waffles tasted awesome…so they’re back again today.

Along with some coffee, for good measure.

Hey, why mess with a good thing, right? Winking smile

Lots to do today…time to get movin’!

Question for the Morning:

What’s your favorite after-dinner snack?

1 Minda November 27, 2012 at 9:34 am

Haha, Clark and I thought the exact same thing last night! We ended up turning the channel because she was being so rude. She’s just jealous of Amanda Brown I’ve decided ;-)

2 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries November 27, 2012 at 9:34 am

Hmm I might have to look for that Campbell’s Skillet Sauce! Cody LOVES spicy. I can handle it okay, but I’m a wimp compared to him. I go in phases with my after dinner snack… Lately it’s been leftover pumpkin pie. :) But I do love a mug of cereal or piece of toast with peanut butter!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Week 21: How My Workouts Have Changed

3 stephanie*s November 27, 2012 at 9:35 am

I love christina as an artist and usually have stood up for her as well. However- last night she was so rude and acted like her guy is the only one worth watching. Man, I almost had to fast forward through her speaking (we DVRed it and watched around 9)

4 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat November 27, 2012 at 9:35 am

Granola, by the handful! :)
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Better Than Black Friday

5 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope November 27, 2012 at 9:37 am

I actually tried the Chicken Marsala sauce of the Campbell’s Skillet Sauces and we really liked it! It didn’t taste as much like Marsala as you would think but it was still really good. :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Pasta Night in the Ninja Cooking System!…

6 Sara @ The Foodie Diaries November 27, 2012 at 9:39 am

The other night after dinner I was craving something sweet, so I decided to make one waffle with maple syrup. It hit the spot! :)
Sara @ The Foodie Diaries recently posted..Livin’ Like a VIP

7 Haley @ The Saucy Apple November 27, 2012 at 9:39 am

Hey Courtney! Okay, so I LOVE spicy food. I may need to try some of that sauce. Did you know that dairy products are more effective than water in making your mouth feel better after consuming spicy foods? :) Just an interesting tidbit there. It’s a great excuse to chase things down with ice cream.

My favorite after dinner snack is usually a piece of dark chocolate. But I’ve been known to grab the cereal box, too.
Haley @ The Saucy Apple recently posted..Deck the Halls (Or Not So Much)

8 Courtney November 27, 2012 at 10:39 am

Haha, I have heard that! I was just too lazy to get up from drinking the water that was already in front of me ;)

9 Khushboo November 27, 2012 at 9:40 am

Lately my go-to nighttime snack is yogurt with applesauce & almonds- winning combo!
Khushboo recently posted..A workout hiatus

10 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie November 27, 2012 at 9:40 am

I love a bowl of cereal as a late night snack, or sometimes a bowl of oatmeal. Breakfast at all times I guess (ps, yelled at my tv last night during HIMYM — move it along, fellas!!)
Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie recently posted..Milo’s T-Giving Recap

11 Courtney November 27, 2012 at 10:40 am

SERIOUSLY!!

12 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers November 27, 2012 at 9:42 am

My favorite after dinner snack is plain greek yogurt, with pumpkin butter mixed in and just a dollop of fat free whip cream! Tastes like pumpkin pie!!! Your dinner looks delish! I never tried the Cambells Selects Sauce.
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Mini Chocolate Chip Blondies / Cookies for Kids Cancer

13 Molly @ Just Your Average Athlete November 27, 2012 at 9:42 am

I could eat popcorn until I go blue in the face. I make it on the stove top and sprinkle a little sea salt over it, and it’s delicious! :) Always hits the spot.
Molly @ Just Your Average Athlete recently posted..Exercising when sick: Is it a good move?

14 Sarah @ Blonde Bostonian November 27, 2012 at 9:42 am

Totally agree — I’m not a big Christina fan on the Voice. I feel like she’s never impressed, no one is ever good enough! ahh!
Sarah @ Blonde Bostonian recently posted..Tuesday Mantra

15 Ashlee November 27, 2012 at 9:47 am

I agree about Christina! I love her, but she was very different last night..

16 Nicole@ livingthesweetlifestl.wordpress.com November 27, 2012 at 9:48 am

My favorite after dinner snack is a piece of dark chocolate. I will have to try that dinner sometime soon…we love spicy at my house!

17 Elaine November 27, 2012 at 9:52 am

My favorite after dinner snack has always been ice cream. But to keep things healthy, I’ve been making lots of smoothies. It tricks my taste buds into thinking I’m eating something indulgent. :)
Elaine recently posted..Healthy Spinach and Artichoke Casserole

18 Michelle@Peachy Palate November 27, 2012 at 9:53 am

After dinner/night time snack is usually fruit, yoghurt and the latest baking experiment! :) You should try adding some yoghurt to the sauce to cool it down a bit on the chicken!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Truly wholegrain

19 Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes November 27, 2012 at 9:58 am

Since it’s getting colder now, I’ve been enjoying cinnamon stick tea after dinner. It’s tasty and warms me right up. :)
Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes recently posted..I’m a FitFluential Ambassador!

20 Natalie @ Free Range Human November 27, 2012 at 10:03 am

This time of year I love to have a mug of hot chocolate or hot tea before bed time!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Dear Santa

21 Nicole November 27, 2012 at 10:13 am

Totally agree about Christina! What is her deal? After a few comments did you notice the cameras didn’t go to her! HA!

22 Tina @ Best Body Fitness November 27, 2012 at 10:27 am

I’ll have to check those out because you know I like those two things – easy and spicy! PS – Miss you!
Tina @ Best Body Fitness recently posted..Healthy Holiday Eating WITHOUT Over-Thinking

23 Amanda @ .running with spoons. November 27, 2012 at 10:34 am

Eep! I’m actually the biggest wimp when it comes to spicy food – I can’t handle it at all. Cereal, on the other hand, I’m a big fan of. A bowl of that with some yogurt and fruit is definitely my perfect late night snack.
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... a marvelously strange monday .

24 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom November 27, 2012 at 10:41 am

Did you watch The Voice last year? She was REALLY B*itchy to one contestant from Adam’s team and she got ALOT of flack for it. While she was pretty rude last night, it didn’t compare with last year. I think she is just feeling intimidated by the other teams!!

I like spicy so I am going to have to try out that sauce mix!!
Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..It’s a Keeper

25 Courtney November 27, 2012 at 11:14 am

No, I didn’t watch last year! This is my first time getting sucked in :)

26 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl November 27, 2012 at 10:41 am

I keep seeing those Campbell’s Skillet Sauces at the store and wondering about them. I think that I might have to give one a try with tofu.

I don’t know why I never think to eat cereal as an evening snack. It is a relatively healthy choice AND its delicious. I must try to start remembering that option!
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Roasted Eggplant, Tomato, and Feta Cheese Stacks

27 Melanie November 27, 2012 at 10:48 am

Why not mess with a good thing…EXACTLY! That’s how I feel about my all-too common banana with pb breakfast. It’s just so consistently tasty!
I would have to say my favorite after dinner snack is banana softserve.
Melanie recently posted..Gluten-Free Cornbread Stuffing

28 kim@hungryhealthygirl November 27, 2012 at 11:00 am

I always have coffee after dinner with something sweet. I never think about having cereal, but that’s sounds like the perfect after dinner snack.
kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..Holiday Fat Blaster & Healthy Holiday Snack

29 Jacquelyn November 27, 2012 at 11:10 am

My favorite after dinner snack has to be cereal!!! If I could I might just eat it for dinner everynight! ;-)

30 Stefanie @ Thin Vegetarian November 27, 2012 at 11:28 am

I love fruit after dinner, especially pineapple!
Stefanie @ Thin Vegetarian recently posted..Deck of Cards Workout

31 Meghan @ After the Ivy League November 27, 2012 at 11:29 am

My favorite after dinner snack lately is a nice piece of dark chocolate. I just bought some good quality stuff that was on sale this week and mmm, it’s the perfect way to top off a nice dinner.
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..Thanksgiving Weekend, I Miss You Already

32 Steph @ StephSnacks November 27, 2012 at 11:33 am

I love to have cottage cheese with a little pumpkin butter and peanutbutter! So satisfying.
Steph @ StephSnacks recently posted..Where Are You Christmas?

33 Gillian November 27, 2012 at 11:41 am

i love an apple or some dates after dinner..

and yes, christina was SO mean last night! personally, i dont even think dez is that good. and no need to be a total beezy to everyone else!
Gillian recently posted..yup, i jumped on the pumpkin bandwagon… Pumpkin Banana Spice Bars!

34 Megan November 27, 2012 at 11:52 am

Did you watch the voice last year? I love Christina but sometimes she is a snot, last year she was really bad and I almost didnt want to watch it, this year she’s been pretty good, and I think she caught herself a bit because she seemed to stop herself unlike before…

35 michelle kim November 27, 2012 at 11:56 am

I love having dark chocolate or cereal with some yogurt after dinner.
Yum! That chicken breast looks really yummy!
michelle kim recently posted..Gearing Up

36 Rachel November 27, 2012 at 12:01 pm

I actually don’t have an after dinner snack… I usually just have tea lol but I do enjoy crackers sometimes :) club crackers to be exact haha
Rachel recently posted..The Other Side

37 Megan November 27, 2012 at 12:13 pm

what brand of waffles do you like best? i remember reading about which kind you like in another post but can’t remember the name!

38 Courtney November 27, 2012 at 12:14 pm

Right now I’m eating Eggo nutrigrain and love them! I also really like Van’s, but you only get 6 to a box with them…with these, you get 10 :)

39 Aubrie November 27, 2012 at 12:46 pm

haha we can’t stand Christina either! Too funny she always has to bring up herself doing better or bring down someone before giving a compliment. But agreed she was worse last night :)

40 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More November 27, 2012 at 12:49 pm

I only watched one performance on The Voice last night and I definitely think she was kind of snotty but I’ve found she generally is. Definitely a major diva but it doesn’t surprise me one bit. I just wish she could be more supportive of people. I swear there’s got to be a reason her people haven’t lasted…
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..I am a runner.

41 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles November 27, 2012 at 12:49 pm

My current favourite bedtime snack is plain Greek yogurt mixed with casein protein and topped with a couple TJ’s cat cookies. I had it last night and it was fabulous :-)
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..freEDom: Adjust and Continue.

42 Nikki A. November 27, 2012 at 1:13 pm

my go to snack is yogurt or cottage cheese with peanut butter and fruit and some kind of cereal or granola mixed in. sooooooooo good, i’ve been having it most nights of the week for months and months now and i still find myself looking forward to it :)

43 Naomi November 27, 2012 at 1:55 pm

My favorite after dinner snacks are an apple with peanut butter or a mug of cereal. Lately it’s been frosted shredded wheat!

44 Taylor November 27, 2012 at 3:41 pm

I’m attributing Christina’s cattiness to the fact that she’s down to only one of her vocalists being left! Quite a sad reason to beat up on others, but possibly true?

Speaking of The Voice….don’t you love Melanie?!? I think he is adorable! Though Carson and Adam both opened their mouths and inserted their feet last night in regards to their comments about her break-up… :p

Btw- the dinner looks yummy! I recommend roasting green beans with coconut oil :) delicious!

45 Courtney November 27, 2012 at 3:44 pm

Oh, I knowwwwwww! It was such an awkward moment and I felt so bad for her because all she could do was shake her head. Poor thing looked like she was going to cry :(

46 Rachel@Running Daze November 27, 2012 at 3:50 pm

I feel like Christina was being extra snooty since she only has one person left and is afraid he might not win. I only watched half the show though last night, so I need to finish it up tonight!

47 Amy November 27, 2012 at 4:45 pm

I tried Campbell’s Skillet Sauce in the Sesame flavor and didn’t really like it. :( It was alright. I have one more of their sauces in my pantry but have been hesitating on using it.

48 Shannon November 27, 2012 at 4:57 pm

I don’t have after-dinner snacks anymore. My retainers must go in at 6:30 and be worn for 12 hours straight. So what I do is an after school snack. My after school snacks are not usually healthy, sometimes they’re a cookie or a bowl of ice cream. However, I don’t have after school snacks every day…just once in a while.

49 Molly@This Life Is Sparkling November 27, 2012 at 7:48 pm

I was thinking the same thing about Christina! She’s always been a little snotty about her team, and I think it’s slightly ironic that she only has one member left (but I love Dez!).
Molly@This Life Is Sparkling recently posted..The Story of My [Itchy Leg] 5K

50 Bek @ Crave November 27, 2012 at 10:42 pm

My favourite after dinner snack is my creations- wholegrain oats, yogurt, bit of trim milk (to mix everything up), cut up fruit- apple, banana, pb drizzled :)

Oh and we had a super spicy dinner last night. My wussy bf had to add cream to his- green curry is hot stuff!
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Body Acceptance

51 Trudy November 29, 2012 at 5:17 pm

Well that dinner looks amazing. I’m not sure if they’re in Canada yet…but I’ll have to check them out when I see them :)
Trudy recently posted..Food, George and Christmas