WIAW Is Back!

by Courtney on November 28, 2012

Hey, hey! Look who’s jumping back into the WIAW party!

I couldn’t believe that the last time I did a WIAW was back in May?!? I’ve been wanting to put together a WIAW for a while now, but I usually tend to share my food too quickly. Winking smile

But since I didn’t really get a chance to share much yesterday, today’s the perfect opportunity to jump right back in!

Breakfast – 8:30am

This is the only meal from yesterday that you did get to see.

And it’s still just doin’ it for me, so I may wind up having it again today. Yum.

Mid-Morning Snack – 11:00am

An apple cinnamon Chobani topped with some Love Grown Foods granola (aka, two of my favorite things, ever).

I snacked on this right before heading out to UPS to mail that package of cookies and other baked goods in the background there. Hope you enjoy them, Emily!

Around 12:45 I was starving, but I knew I had a conference call at 1:00, so I wound up grabbing a small handful of TJ’s cat cookies just because it was the first thing I saw.

Lunch – 1:45pm

One of the best salads EVER. Last night, Jay grilled two extra chicken cutlets while I was making dinner so I could have them for the week. He seasoned them perfectly (no idea how) but it just tasted amazing.

Along with the chicken in that salad, there was lots of romaine, cucumbers, grape tomatoes, leftover green beans, and half of an avocado. Chicken + avocado = HEAVEN.

Mid-Afternoon Snack – 3:30pm

A super sweet pear and some chunky peanut butter.

Usually, I’m an apple + PB fan, but the pear was ripe and ready to be eaten, so I went for it. No surprise, it was delicious…then again, I’m pretty sure you could pair anything with peanut butter and it would be a-okay in my book.

Okay, maybe not aaaaanything. Winking smile

Dinner – 6:00pm

On Saturday night, Jay and I went out for pizza at a favorite local restaurant of ours, The Redfront. We wanted to go somewhere local to support Small Business Saturday (remember last year when we got paid to buy booze??) so it fit the bill.

We got one of their COB pizzas (I. Love. Their. COB. Pizza!), so I finished up two of the leftover pieces from the fridge for dinner, along with the rest of Monday’s green beans.

After-Dinner Dessert – 9:00pm-ish

While watching The Voice and New Girl (once again, I CANNOT get enough of that show!) I snacked on a Fiber One 90 Calorie Chocolate Chip Cookie.

The company sent me a box to try recently, and when I saw it in the cupboard last night, I had to have it. They’re not usually something I would buy personally, but they’re pretty tasty.

I also had a nice hot mug of hot cocoa…with marshmallows, of course. Winking smile

This is actually a picture from a couple nights ago, but I had the same exact thing last night, so you get the idea. I am lovin’ me some hot cocoa at night lately!

Poor Jay though…he can’t have any sort of caffeine at night (even hot cocoa) because it’ll keep him up all night, and he kept commenting on how good it smelled. We actually did some research and apparently there’s a 99.9% caffeine free hot cocoa out there made by Nestle? Has anyone else seen/tried this?

So there we have it! Another fun (and delicious) WIAW post. Winking smile

“Disclosure:  The product and information have been provided by General Mills. All opinions are my own.”

1 Khushboo November 28, 2012 at 8:24 am

Can Jay eat chocolate at night though? If not, I really feel for the guy!
Khushboo recently posted..A workout hiatus

2 Courtney November 28, 2012 at 11:21 am

In small amounts…
More for me. ;)

3 chelcie @ chelcie's food files November 28, 2012 at 8:25 am

I had a cup of hot cocoa yesterday too..no marshmellows though because I don’t have any:( And I totally agree with you..chicken and avocado is the best combination ever!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..WIAW-Convenience is Key

4 Lauren November 28, 2012 at 8:28 am

I’m just like Jay. If I have caffeine past 4pm, I’ll toss and turn all night.
Lauren recently posted..Snow Outside

5 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope November 28, 2012 at 8:31 am

I never drink anything caffeinated in the afternoon/evening because I know I will never be able to fall asleep. Usually I’m good with decaf coffee though. I love the Apple Cinnamon Chobani too! So good :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..An Evening At Fleming’s Steakhouse!…

6 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction November 28, 2012 at 8:40 am

I am pretty sensitive to caffeine too, but I do give in a lot of the time…I find that expresso and coke effect me the worst….so it works out well because I should probably stay away from those anyway!
Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..Chocolate Walnut Pie

7 Tara Deal | Treble in the Kitchen November 28, 2012 at 8:50 am

Yummy!!! Looks like a day of tasty eats :) Happy hump day, hope it ‘s a good one for ya!

8 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More November 28, 2012 at 8:53 am

I love hot chocolate and I can’t wait until I feel like a cup in the evening. It’s cold but I think once the snow hits, the cravings will set in. :)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..WIAW // FaceTime

9 Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire November 28, 2012 at 8:58 am

I LOVE the apple cinnamon Chobani! What flavor of LoveGrown is your favorite I really want to buy some but I can’t make up my mind as to which flavor I want! They all sound so good!

10 Courtney November 28, 2012 at 11:22 am

My two favorites are plain and cranberry pecan. SO good!!

11 Elaine November 28, 2012 at 8:58 am

Love chicken and avocado together! Figure out how he seasoned it and share it with us. :)
Elaine recently posted..Chocolate Pecan Pie

12 Natalie @ Free Range Human November 28, 2012 at 9:12 am

That’s really awful for Jay! I love the picture of the hot chocolate by the tree. So festive :)
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Back Country Paradise

13 Angela @ Health's Angel November 28, 2012 at 9:15 am

I randomly decided to make some hot cocoa last night with cocoa powder and almond milk. It hit the spot! I wish I had mini marshmallows for it, though… :)
Angela @ Health’s Angel recently posted..Holiday Weekend Things

14 Jamie @ StudioEats November 28, 2012 at 9:16 am

Yay for WIAW! Always interesting to see :) I need to get me some of those waffles!

15 Chelsea @ Cardio and Cocktails November 28, 2012 at 9:38 am

That picture of the hot cocoa by the tree makes me oh so ready for Christmas and snow! Good job on the WIAW, your meals looked really balanced and made sense nutritionally!
Chelsea @ Cardio and Cocktails recently posted..Mint Mint Everywhere

16 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries November 28, 2012 at 9:41 am

Apple Cinnamon Chobani + granola is one of my favorite snacks too! Yum! And grilled chicken with avocado is definitely one of the best combos so I can see why that salad would be so tasty!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..WIAW #62: Catch Up Day

17 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life November 28, 2012 at 9:44 am

I agree… Two of my fav combos is chicken + avocado and pb + apple (or anything ha ha)! Looks like a great day of eats! Plus I just checked out your last post.. Umm hello delicious dessert! So festive :)

18 Haley S November 28, 2012 at 9:45 am

Hot chocolate is a November-December staple! (:

19 Stefanie @ Thin Vegetarian November 28, 2012 at 10:17 am

That pear looks delicious! Mine are not quite ready yet, but you got me anxious!
Stefanie @ Thin Vegetarian recently posted..Speedwork Wednesday

20 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl November 28, 2012 at 10:18 am

I love a good WIAW post, so I am glad to see them back on your blog! For some crazy reason (call it the food blogger in me?) I just love to see what other people are eating! :)

Hot chocolate at night time is just the perfect thing right now, isn’t it??
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Spinach, Mushroom, and “Sausage” Bake

21 Katie @ KatieEnPursuit November 28, 2012 at 10:24 am

Everyone is jumping on the hot chocolate bandwagon lately, I need to get some! Such a good Winter after dinner treat. Which kind do you like?
Katie @ KatieEnPursuit recently posted..Everyone Else is Doing It — WIAW

22 Courtney November 28, 2012 at 11:23 am

ALL of it. ;)
I’m really not picky, but last night’s was a Cold Stone Creamery milk chocolate one that was pretty darn delicious!

23 Katie @ KatieEnPursuit November 28, 2012 at 3:09 pm

I’m not really picky either but Cold Stone hot chocolate!?!?! That sounds amazing ;)
Katie @ KatieEnPursuit recently posted..Everyone Else is Doing It — WIAW

24 Candice November 28, 2012 at 10:29 am

I have only tasted the chocolate brownie fiber one bar and it was pretty good to.. topped with PB! ;)
Jay could have hot chocolate protein style- I did a quick post on it a LONG time ago.. like beginning of blogging.. haha! http://www.bodyofamother.com/2010/10/hot-pro-co.html
Candice recently posted..Thanksgiving Round 2

25 Candice November 28, 2012 at 10:31 am

PS don’t cover it completely when blending and just blend it for a 20 ish seconds, just until it is fully stirred in. I do it every night with my casein protein!
Candice recently posted..Thanksgiving Round 2

26 Sarah November 28, 2012 at 10:32 am

Pizza, green beans, hot cocoa? Girl, we are cut from the same cloth :)
Sarah recently posted..WIAW: Turkey Day Dessert

27 Amanda @ .running with spoons. November 28, 2012 at 10:41 am

No chocolate at night? Eep! Poor guy! I think I’ve developed a crazy tolerance for caffeine because I can drink a huge mug of it and have no problem falling asleep. I’m still trying to decide if that’s a good or bad thing :lol:
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... i think i think too much .

28 Rachel November 28, 2012 at 10:42 am

I love seeing what people eat :D Chobani is usually my go to snack haha
Rachel recently posted..Reindeers

29 Kim@hungryhealthygirl November 28, 2012 at 10:49 am

All of your eats look yummy, especially that cocoa with marshmallows!
Kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..WIAW collage style!

30 michelle kim November 28, 2012 at 10:58 am

Awww, hot cocoa by the Christmas tree! Classic :)
Your salad looks really healthy and filling!
michelle kim recently posted..First Time

31 Ashlee November 28, 2012 at 11:02 am

That pizza looks so GOOD! Do they do their toppings on bottom and sauce on top?
Ashlee recently posted..Wheat Belly + Mac-n-Cheese

32 Courtney November 28, 2012 at 11:24 am

Just the cheese on bottom (that’s where it gets its COB name from!) ;)
They’ll put toppings on top of the sauce, but I just love their pizza plain.

33 Steph @ StephSnacks November 28, 2012 at 11:12 am

That salad looks sooooo good in comparison to the soup I will be having for lunch today!
Steph @ StephSnacks recently posted..Surviving the Holiday’s

34 Meghan @ After the Ivy League November 28, 2012 at 11:36 am

I think I need to incorporate some daily hot chocolate into my routine, it’s just so warm and comforting this time of year! Love the WIAW post!
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..WIAW #13: Quick and Dirty

35 Marielle November 28, 2012 at 11:42 am

Apple cinnamon Chobani?! I’m trying that, yum!!

36 Molly @ Just Your Average Athlete November 28, 2012 at 11:58 am

Apparently I’m slow to catch on…I had no idea there was caffeine in hot chocolate (at least not enough to keep someone awake!) During the winter especially, I love to have a cup a little before bed :) It gets me all warm & toasty.
Molly @ Just Your Average Athlete recently posted..Self-led Vinyasa Yoga

37 Linz @ Itz Linz November 28, 2012 at 12:02 pm

i’m pretty affected by caffeine during the day… chocolate doesn’t bother me though :) my mother in law is super sensitive and has to stay away from chocolate in the evening, too!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Gobble! Gobble!

38 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake November 28, 2012 at 12:34 pm

I WISH caffeine had some sort of effect on me! I didn’t even realize hot chocolate had caffeine lol Guess that’s sort of “duh”
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Staying Organized During Christmas Shopping Season

39 Danica @ It's Progression November 28, 2012 at 12:53 pm

I’ve made hot chocolate by just heating up some almond milk (any milk works of course) and then stirring in some cocoa powder. It’s a ton cheaper and still super good! (I’m craving this now by the way : )
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..wiaw #46: Christmas tree is up + a microwave muffin

40 Jess @ Blonde Ponytail November 28, 2012 at 12:55 pm

Ha! Our hubby’s are super sensitive to the caffeine! Normally, mine conks out immediately, but had some Starbucks earlier in the day and was wired. Delicious looking eats!
Jess @ Blonde Ponytail recently posted..Holiday Gift Guide for Athletes

41 Michelle@Peachy Palate November 28, 2012 at 2:38 pm

Welcome back!!! Peanut would pretty much go with anything!!! I love almond butter with pear…did you get the Maranatha Almond Butter yet?
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Comfort food edition

42 Bek @ Crave November 28, 2012 at 9:47 pm

I didn’t even know that hot chocolate had caffeine in it?! Or wait- is hot cocoa different? :S Hmm pear and pb? That’s an odd combination- I must try it..any excuse to eat pb aye ;)
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Vitamix

43 Lot-O-Choc November 29, 2012 at 9:32 am

oh yum looks delicious! your hot chocolate looks so comforting..wish we had our tree up! think we’re putting it up this weekend.
Lot-O-Choc recently posted..M&S Chocolate Honeycomb Truffle Santa

44 Jessica December 1, 2012 at 11:26 am

I use to have a bunch of glass bowls like the one your salad is in, but I can’t find any quality think ones that are a good size. Do you know where you got that one? Or even the brand?

45 Courtney December 1, 2012 at 11:42 am

Yes! It’s actually part of one of my Pyrex sets :)

46 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction January 23, 2013 at 12:15 pm

I almost always have snacks at all times! I have ritz crackers in my car, and almonds and Z Bars at my desk. I must have snacks on me at ALL times lol