Lesson Learned: Always Replenish the Purse Snacks

Wooo Hooo!! We’ve got over 200 participants in the 2012 Closeout Workout Challenge so far! I loooove it.

Just a quick heads up for those of you already signed up (or thinking about it!)…we’ve now got the official hashtag for this challenge: #closeoutworkout. So use it all during the challenge, or even before the challenge…hey, feel free to hashtag it out until your heart’s content!

So, today. Let’s talk about today. You see, on any given day, I could confidently tell you that 99.9% of the time, you will find some sort of food either in my purse or my car. I’m a gal who likes to eat, so I usually try to keep some sort of snacks nearby in case of emergency.

So this morning, I had to head out of the house around 10am to take care of a few things. Well, those few things wound up turning out take a lot longer than expected and when I went into my purse to look for a snack…there was NOTHING. Ohhh, it was terrible.

Finally, around 12:30pm, I had a chance to swing by a Subway and pick something up because had I waited until I got home, I probably would have been missing a few limbs.

At the recommendation of dear hubby, I ordered a six inch Tuscan Chicken Melt on wheat, which was actually pretty good (then again, with my hunger, anything would have been good). I got mine with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and banana peppers. Yummm.

I opened that bad boy up as soon as I got back in the car and proceeded to scarf it down right in the parking lot. No shame.

Lesson Learned: ALWAYS replenish the purse snacks as soon as they run out.

By the time I got home, I had a few other tasks to take care of and never got a chance to make it to the ‘ol computer until now. Today TOTALLY flew by…anyone else??

Around 3:30, I was hungry again so I snacked on a clementine and an apple cinnamon Chobani.

Always delicious. Smile

I actually ate my CHO while I waited for a quick batch of cookies I whipped up to come out of the oven. Check these babies out.

They were suuuuper simple to make, but we’ll see how they turn out. If they pass my taste test in about, ohh, 30 seconds, then they’ll be joining me and Jay tonight when we head over to Sarah & Jeff’s for dinner.

Now, if you’ll excuse me…I have a cookie to go taste test. Winking smile

Question for the Afternoon:

Do you usually keep food/snacks in special places in case hunger strikes? (i.e., desk at work, purse, car, etc.)

I’m excited for the challenge! Yep, I’m with you in always keeping food in the car or purse. I always regret it if I don’t replenish right away because I often forget to stock it back up otherwise. And I don’t think people would like me when I’m hungry;)
    Lisa recently posted..Don’t Lose Sight

2. Amanda says

ALWAYS carry extra snacks. Have an entire cabinet at work devoted to healthy and some unhealthy snacks for when the hunger strikes. I am the WORST hungry person EVER.

3. Shannon says

No, I usually don’t carry food with me. I probably should start doing that in case I don’t have enough money for bake sales after school.

That happened to me a few weeks ago. Like you, there is ALWAYS a granola bar in my purse at the very least, but sadly, when I went to grab one the other day in the middle of a shopping spree, I felt nothing but the bottom of my purse. It was awful. Thankfully, there was a Starbucks nearby so a coffee and some almonds did the trick.
    Lauren recently posted..The Season for Soup

I never leave the house without food! I’m vegan and can’t eat wheat or gluten so finding something while I’m out is usually a nightmare! Is it the hunger that gets to you or do you feel light headed and what not? People who feel extremely irritable, light headed and hungry generally suffer from poor blood sugar regulation.
    Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..A complete convert

I NEVER have snacks with me and I always regret it, especially because my two kids get just as grumpy as I do when I am hungry! I need to buy a box of bars or nuts and just keep them in my car for times like that.

Those cookies look GOOD!!!
    Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..35 Years Young

i ALWAYS have something of some kind in my purse, of course i forget to replenish it a lot of the time though lol but am trying harder to make sure i have something, now i’m at about 95% of the time having something in my purse.
    i hope the recipe for those cookies makes it in a post 😉 they look delish!
    Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns recently posted..Trotting it Away

I alwaysssssssssssss have snacks! Seriously if hunger strikes and I am going to be at the mall shopping, in traffic, at work and don’t have a snack I will either eat something unhealthy or be in a really bad mood! Sometimes I’ll be shopping and randomly whip an apple or some almonds out of purse! Can be awkward but I have no shame..hahaha
    Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..My Experience With–ZUMBA

I absolutely hate when that happens- you start to get super hungry, look in your purse and somehow the Luna bar you have been stashing in there got moved to another bag or more likely… was eaten the day before! I always keep a snack with me- a bar of some kind or a piece of fruit. Hope the cookies passed the test! I’m sure they did :)
    Shelby recently posted..Guilt-free Blueberry Banana Bread

10. Naomi says

I just joined the workout challenge! I’m excited :) Also, I hadn’t had apple cinnamon chobani in awhile, but had one this morning. Man, I forgot how delicious it was!

11. dee says

Yes I do! But how appropriate that you wrote this post, because the same thing happened to me today! I was kicking myself for eating my clif bar after class last night and not saving it for a real emergency! I was losing steam in my class and all I found in my purse was a small hard candy that I had since August. It was from my trip to Texas; I picked it up from a restaurant after lunch… Who knows how long it’s been there, but who cares! I needed somethin in my belly!

12. Ann says

Hey Courtney! Love your blog…but I’m sorry…it’s ol’ not ‘ol!!! The apostrophe is standing in for the missing d!!
    (Lol, English degree…can’t help but notice!

I don’t usually always have snacks in my purse but I’ll pack some if I think I’ll need them. I always over pack food for work too- it’s better to have more than enough then not enough when you’re surrounded by chips, chocolates and lollies!
    Bek @ Crave recently posted..Christmas Pancakes