A Hot Date

by Courtney on November 30, 2012

Well, considering the fact that my motivation today is about a two on a scale of 1-10, I’ve actually gotten quite a bit more done than I expected. Props to me!

I spent most of the morning working on a few training plans, following up on some emails and personal stuff, and organizing a bit in the office. Our office is in need of much more than I accomplished today but, hey, at least it was a start.

Around 12:45, I broke from work and rewarded myself with a lunch I’d been craving allll morning.

I could not get the idea of grilled cheese out of my head, so that’s exactly what I did…and I went big. I filled up two pieces of whole wheat bread with provolone cheese, tomato slices, turkey bacon, and spinach.

To say it hit the spot would be an understatement. WOW.

On the side, I had a small bowl (cup?) of steaming hot leftover turkey and veggie soup, which is just about gone now.

I’m hoping to get some walking in this afternoon, since I haven’t gotten a chance the past two days, so we’ll see what happens. Later this evening, Jay and I have a hot date…

We’re heading over to Lowe’s to pick up some new white bedroom doors for the house. It doesn’t get much more romantic than that, right? Winking smile

Anyone else have anything fun going on tonight or this weekend? We actually have a Christmas party tomorrow evening, but other than that, it’s probably just working around the house and possibly finishing up the Christmas shopping. If that’s the case, this will be the first time in, well, forever, that I’ll be done that early. That’s exciting!

*****

The winner of Laura’s Illustrated Look-Alike Character Giveaway has been chosen! Check out the original post to see if it was you!

1 Natalie @ Free Range Human November 30, 2012 at 2:17 pm

I’m celebrating my birthday this weekend :)
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..View of the World

2 Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire November 30, 2012 at 2:25 pm

A Christmas party already?! Girl, you’re startin early! I’m just a little jealous.

3 Courtney November 30, 2012 at 3:45 pm

Hahaha, I know! Family friends of ours always have their annual party on the first Saturday of December :)

4 Michelle@Peachy Palate November 30, 2012 at 2:48 pm

I need to start Christmas shopping ! I’m so behind!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..A hunk of a cake

5 Lydia November 30, 2012 at 2:53 pm

Think I might go with a Grilled cheese lunch too! That looks amazing!! :)
Lydia recently posted..Awesome December Challenge!

6 Lisa November 30, 2012 at 3:03 pm

Oh my, I’m totally craving grilled cheese and soup now! I can’t believe Christmas is coming up so quick, I feel like it was just Halloween yesterday.
Lisa recently posted..Friday Confessions

7 Nicole November 30, 2012 at 3:25 pm

Ha! Your hot date sounds like mine – except instead of Lowes, we’re going to the carpet store to browse new carpet for our stairwell. FUN TIMES, haha :)

8 Tara | Treble in the Kitchen November 30, 2012 at 3:31 pm

This weekend I am headed to the Nutcracker!! I can’t wait :)
Tara | Treble in the Kitchen recently posted..Salad Bar Lunch

9 Linz @ Itz Linz November 30, 2012 at 4:15 pm

The group of St. Louis Bloggers is going out tonight for dinner and drinks!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Foodie Pen Pals: November

10 Molly @ Just Your Average Athlete November 30, 2012 at 4:27 pm

A Christmas party on December 1st?? I shouldn’t say anything though, I’m going on a 12 Pubs of Christmas crawl tomorrow. It’s supposed to be snow though, so it seems seasonally appropriate ;)
Molly @ Just Your Average Athlete recently posted..A Holiday Survey

11 Megan@funsizedfitness November 30, 2012 at 4:53 pm

Yum, that sandwich looks delicious! Too bad you didn’t have some tomato soup to dunk it in!
Megan@funsizedfitness recently posted..Holiday Money-Saving Tips

12 Kristen @ notsodomesticated November 30, 2012 at 5:22 pm

My husband and I have a hot date planned tonight …sushi and a trip to Babies R Us. So exciting! ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Baby Reveal Video and a Recipe

13 Courtney November 30, 2012 at 6:09 pm

OMG…first of all, your baby reveal video was GREAT!!! I loved it!!
Second, what kind of sushi will you be having, with baby and all??? :)

14 Kristen @ notsodomesticated December 4, 2012 at 4:19 pm

Thanks so much, Courtney! :) We do cooked sushi rolls, to keep things safe. I usually have cooked shrimp or scallops in the rolls, or eel because it’s always cooked. My doctor actually said it’s fine to have the raw stuff, as long as I trust the restaurant where I’m eating, but I don’t feel comfortable doing that. ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..22 Weeks: Baby Registries are Confusing.

15 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More November 30, 2012 at 5:32 pm

I’ve been craving grilled cheese and soup as well but dairy-free cheese just doesn’t make the same grilled cheese….
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Fitness Friday & A Month of Being Thankful!

16 Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns November 30, 2012 at 6:24 pm

i’ve never thought of putting spinach in a grilled cheese, that sounds really good!!
for me at least, days that i am not really motivated, i usually also get a lot done lol maybe our sub conscious is trying to prove us wrong
Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns recently posted..Trotting it Away

17 Becky Przy November 30, 2012 at 7:22 pm

Sounds like our type of date night;-) Our last date night we made sausage…not sure we needed to find a baby sitter for that type of date night.

Cookie exchange at my MIL’s tomorrow!!! Mine are already to go.

18 Amanda @ .running with spoons. November 30, 2012 at 7:31 pm

Grilled cheese is one of those things that gets into your head and refuses to leave… I have the same problem with Mac&Cheese :D And I don’t think I’ve ever gotten my Christmas shopping done this early… I usually wait until the second week of December, but I’m planning on getting my decorations up tomorrow :D
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... monthly favorites – november 2012 .

19 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl November 30, 2012 at 9:33 pm

That grilled cheese looks delicious. It is amazing how fun it can be to make more “adult” versions of old childhood favorites. I’d say you were definitely successful with that one!
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Satisfying My Soup Obsession: Roasted Winter Vegetable & Bean Soup

20 Connie @ Livin' Lean November 30, 2012 at 9:35 pm

Grilled cheese is the bomb. I love mine with pepper jack cheese, spinach, and roasted peppers!
Connie @ Livin’ Lean recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday #8

21 Marilyn December 1, 2012 at 1:20 am

Places like Lowe’s can be romantic. My friend’s husband proposed to her in the parking lot of Home Depot!!

22 Bek @ Crave December 1, 2012 at 10:16 pm

We had a Christmas party last night it was awesome! And we got to stay at the Gold Coast :)
Bek @ Crave recently posted..What Made Me Smile This Week

23 Jaclyn December 2, 2012 at 8:08 pm

I think it would be interesting if you did an idea on how you put together training plans…like what is the process, what do you conisder and what does an average one look like?? Just an idea, but i’ve been curious about it for awhile now and I’m sure there are others that are too! :]
Jaclyn recently posted..3 states, 2 books, 1 day