A Doorstep Full of Packages

by Courtney on December 1, 2012

So last night Jay and I had our little Lowe’s date. It lasted all of about 20 minutes, but we did leave with five brand new doors to install in the house this weekend. Woo hoo!!

By the time we made it back home, I was ecstatic to see the surprise that was waiting for me at my front door…

Lots of packages!!! Initially, I was thinking that these were a bunch of the Cyber Monday gifts that I bought, but as it turns out, almost all of the boxes were for me. Smile

Do you guys remember back in July when I won the gift card to Sur La Table for the Cheesy Crab and Shrimp Shells recipe that I entered into a contest? Well, it took me until this past week to finally put it to use and wow, did it feel like Christmas!

One item I couldn’t pass up on, due to a fabulous deal, was this Sur La Table Enameled Cast Iron Oval Casserole. I’ve wanted one for a while so this was the perfect chance…I can’t wait to put it to use!

Also purchased: A Collapsible Cupcake and Cake Carrier (mine half broke) and a Cuisinart Immersion Blender (in pretty plum!)

There’s one more item that was on backorder (also in pretty plum!) so we have to wait for that one…but I think once it gets here, it’ll be well worth the wait. I know Jay is totally psyched about it. Winking smile

The other container that arrived yesterday was just as, if not more exciting (for both us and Cody).

A few weeks ago, I was the lucky recipient of a random act of kindness. A wonderful person from the National Cattlemen’s Beef Association offered me a $100 gift card to Omaha Steaks…just because. It was such a generous offer and, truly, a random act of kindness.

So earlier this week, Jay and I sat down and checked out the website to see what we could order…and would you believe we got all of this for just about $100??

We decided to create one of their Deluxe Custom Combos and are now the happy owners of sirloin steaks, salmon filets, sirloin tips, two kinds of chicken breasts, sirloin burgers, and (because I can’t get away without including something sweet) caramel apple tartlets.

The good news is that it all fits in the freezer…the bad news is that I now have NO room for Christmas cookies. I’m in trouble.

*****

This morning, I woke up, came out into the living room and was greeted with…SNOW!!

I don’t mind a little bit like this. In fact, I love it. And it’s been flurrying on and off most of the past hour or two and it just makes for such a cozy morning.

So I grabbed my coffee, made a quick bowl of cereal, and got cozied up on the couch with breakfast.

Same combo as yesterday…could it be another streak? Winking smile

We’ve got some stuff to take care of around the house today and, of course, I can’t forget that today is the FIRST DAY OF THE 2012 CLOSEOUT WORKOUT CHALLENGE!!

We’ve got over 300 people and are still growing, and it’s not too late to join in! Even if you’re not sure you’ll be able to make the goal, I still say give it a shot! It’s better to have at least tried, don’t ya think? Smile

Happy December everyone!!

1 Blog is the New black December 1, 2012 at 10:40 am

Love that your immersion blender is in purple!

2 Blog is the New black December 1, 2012 at 10:41 am

Love that your immersion blender is in purple! I love mine (although it’s not purple!)
Blog is the New black recently posted..Chocolate Cupcakes with Salted Caramel Buttercream Frosting

3 Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets December 1, 2012 at 10:43 am

Yayyy! It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas!
Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets recently posted..i’m baaaack

4 Amanda @ .running with spoons. December 1, 2012 at 10:45 am

Oh wow, talk about Christmas coming early. I absolutely love getting packages – even if I know what’s in them, it always ends up feeling like Christmas. You’ve definitely got to make some room for those Christmas cookies though ;)

Happy December!
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... monthly favorites – november 2012 .

5 Fizz@fizzsbizz.com December 1, 2012 at 10:49 am

Fun packages!!
I’m so excited to start the 2012 Closeout Workout Challenge with you, woop woop! I’m also wishing that I woke up to a nice little cozy snowy day, I miss the seasons living in San Francisco!
Fizz@fizzsbizz.com recently posted..Half Moon Bay, Adventure Day!

6 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles December 1, 2012 at 10:58 am

You definitely reminded me to put an inversion blender on my Christmas list this year! If i can find a purple like that well….that’s an awesome bonus. :-p
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Rehashing November + Christmas Challenge.

7 Renee December 1, 2012 at 11:14 am

I love when my porch looks like yours! My fed ex man knows to just sign dr.Benda ;) when I order wine it shows up in HUGE boxes I feel like a kid at Christmas! Love the purple blender.

8 Melanie December 1, 2012 at 11:21 am

Oh it looks so cozy over there! Happy December to you!
Melanie recently posted..Get Your Laugh On

9 Emily December 1, 2012 at 12:20 pm

How fun! I have the same immersion blender, but it’s so much cuter in purple!! I’ve been meaning to get a cake carrier, but I’ve been holding off because I’m already low on storage space in our apartment- I bet I can make room for a collapsible one though :) Thanks for the idea!
Emily recently posted..End of the year challenge

10 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers December 1, 2012 at 1:15 pm

Oh what fun! I LOVE my Cusinart Immersion Blender! I bought mine from Sur La Table, one of my best purchases yet!!!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Baked Burgers

11 Tina @ Best Body Fitness December 1, 2012 at 1:15 pm

Love getting packages in the mail! You seriously scored big with that delivery. All such good stuff.
Tina @ Best Body Fitness recently posted..Saturday Shares

12 Christine December 1, 2012 at 1:16 pm

I love oatmeal squares! But i have to have a real small bowl of them because if I eat too many, my stomach gets upset??? too much fiber? haha

13 michelle kim December 1, 2012 at 1:26 pm

Oooh those are all excellent purchases! Cast iron pot? AWESOME!
Snow? so lovely :)
And I’ll probably take it easy with the close-out workout for today and tomorrow (running a full marathon in the rain tomorrow morning :P). I’ll make up the reps from Monday. Have a wonderful weekend!
michelle kim recently posted..Best Carbo-Loading Food

14 Megan@funsizedfitness December 1, 2012 at 1:58 pm

Your porch looks so festive!
Megan@funsizedfitness recently posted..Holiday Survey!

15 Alicia @NeverEverBeenSkinny December 1, 2012 at 2:24 pm

My goodness Christmas came early! I can’t believe you were able to get all of that food for just $100! Amazing! Besides Cody is going to love that box lol.
Alicia @NeverEverBeenSkinny recently posted..The Post that Almost Wasn’t!

16 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake December 1, 2012 at 2:33 pm

I’m with you… I little bit of snow like that is perfectly fine this time of year! It’s the giant blizzards that I’m not a fan of!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Healthy Holidays

17 Michelle@Peachy Palate December 1, 2012 at 2:46 pm

My immersion blender is my favourite kitchen gadget, a powerful one is just a god send, I very rarely even use the food processor any more! My mum has a Le Creuset casserole dish in that colour since she got married 27 years ago! Still in perfect condition, you’ll have it forever!!!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Out of this world

18 Stefanie @ Thin Vegetarian December 1, 2012 at 3:14 pm

I have been looking into an immersion blender for a while now; cute color!
Stefanie @ Thin Vegetarian recently posted..Black Rice Tofu Custard

19 Kristin December 1, 2012 at 3:17 pm

Ahhh the snow looks so pretty! I’m jealous…it’s 80 degrees
here in Texas. I really wish we had actual seasons here!

20 Melanie December 1, 2012 at 3:18 pm

Awesome challenge. After much debate, I decided to opt in! Very excited! Thanks Courtney!
Melanie recently posted..Get Your Laugh On

21 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries December 1, 2012 at 3:20 pm

My husband would be in heaven with all of that meat! The snow is beautiful… It snowed here like crazy a few weeks ago, and since then we haven’t seen it at all. I’m kind of hoping a little makes an appearance in the next few weeks before Christmas! I like a little of it around the holidays!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..2012 Christmas Wish List

22 Candice December 1, 2012 at 3:29 pm

Fun packages!!
Love that it snowed right in time for december! No snow here yet, but if you have it that for sure means its coming my way!
xoxo
have a great w-end court!
Candice recently posted..Footloose Diva

23 Angela @ Health's Angel December 1, 2012 at 3:48 pm

Dang that is quite the hall! So much good stuff. An immersion blender is on my “to-buy” list. Forgot to ask Santa for it. ;)
Angela @ Health’s Angel recently posted..November Foodie Penpals

24 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey December 1, 2012 at 4:04 pm

so so jealous of that snow!!! have a great saturday friend!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..fun fact friday

25 Kim December 1, 2012 at 4:23 pm

The snow looks so pretty. Just joined the 2012 closeout workout challenge. What a great idea!

26 Andrea December 1, 2012 at 4:35 pm

Courtney- Your blog has become one of my favorites just in the last month or so of reading it. I just started up my own blog a couple of weeks ago (http://aburgwin.wordpress.com) and I’m looking for some advice about managing time. I didn’t realize you were a teacher also! My blog stated about teaching and then I changed it to include recipes and workouts. I can’t believe you can find time to teach and have such a beautiful blog. Where did you go to learn blogging tips? Did you have someone design your blog? I’m struggling with the basics! Thanks for all of the awesome recipes!
XOXOX
Andrea

27 Courtney December 1, 2012 at 4:40 pm

Feel free to email me, Andrea :)

28 Meghan @ After the Ivy League December 1, 2012 at 5:10 pm

Yay!! Packages containing lots of goodies for the kitchen are THE best kind, that’s for sure. I woke up to snow this morning too, although I didn’t get as much as you guys! It’s definitely the season :)
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..Thankful Thursday: I’m Thankful for Cookies

29 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More December 1, 2012 at 6:26 pm

You lucky lucky girl! I love when packages suddenly appear on my doorstep though it doesn’t happen very often. And since my mail is SO slow, I’m always just excited when my mail or packages arrive… ;)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Holiday Accountability

30 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom December 1, 2012 at 8:46 pm

That’s a lot of meat for $100!! I sure hope you like it.

I am a little bit envious of your snow! As crazy as it may sound, I am ready for some cooler temps. There is something just not right about wearing tanks and flip flops(my wardrobe today) on December 1st.
Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..Chocolate Covered Surprise and Gym Issues

31 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl December 1, 2012 at 9:26 pm

I am dying to have a dutch oven AND an immersion blender. Both are on my Christmas list this year and I am really hoping that I get them so that I can make some tasty soup recipes that I have seen lately….I am a bit obsessed with soups :).

You are lucky to have snow!! They are saying we are supposed to have a mild winter here in the Midwest, but I am holding out hope that we will at least get one decent-sized storm. I need snow to REALLY get into the Christmas spirit!
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Satisfying My Soup Obsession: Roasted Winter Vegetable & Bean Soup

32 Bek @ Crave December 1, 2012 at 10:18 pm

No room for the cookies? You’ll have to ‘deal’ with them then ;)
Bek @ Crave recently posted..What Made Me Smile This Week