A Doorstep Full of Packages

So last night Jay and I had our little Lowe’s date. It lasted all of about 20 minutes, but we did leave with five brand new doors to install in the house this weekend. Woo hoo!!

By the time we made it back home, I was ecstatic to see the surprise that was waiting for me at my front door…

Lots of packages!!! Initially, I was thinking that these were a bunch of the Cyber Monday gifts that I bought, but as it turns out, almost all of the boxes were for me. Smile

Do you guys remember back in July when I won the gift card to Sur La Table for the Cheesy Crab and Shrimp Shells recipe that I entered into a contest? Well, it took me until this past week to finally put it to use and wow, did it feel like Christmas!

One item I couldn’t pass up on, due to a fabulous deal, was this Sur La Table Enameled Cast Iron Oval Casserole. I’ve wanted one for a while so this was the perfect chance…I can’t wait to put it to use!

Also purchased: A Collapsible Cupcake and Cake Carrier (mine half broke) and a Cuisinart Immersion Blender (in pretty plum!)

There’s one more item that was on backorder (also in pretty plum!) so we have to wait for that one…but I think once it gets here, it’ll be well worth the wait. I know Jay is totally psyched about it. Winking smile

The other container that arrived yesterday was just as, if not more exciting (for both us and Cody).

A few weeks ago, I was the lucky recipient of a random act of kindness. A wonderful person from the National Cattlemen’s Beef Association offered me a $100 gift card to Omaha Steaks…just because. It was such a generous offer and, truly, a random act of kindness.

So earlier this week, Jay and I sat down and checked out the website to see what we could order…and would you believe we got all of this for just about $100??

We decided to create one of their Deluxe Custom Combos and are now the happy owners of sirloin steaks, salmon filets, sirloin tips, two kinds of chicken breasts, sirloin burgers, and (because I can’t get away without including something sweet) caramel apple tartlets.

The good news is that it all fits in the freezer…the bad news is that I now have NO room for Christmas cookies. I’m in trouble.

*****

This morning, I woke up, came out into the living room and was greeted with…SNOW!!

I don’t mind a little bit like this. In fact, I love it. And it’s been flurrying on and off most of the past hour or two and it just makes for such a cozy morning.

So I grabbed my coffee, made a quick bowl of cereal, and got cozied up on the couch with breakfast.

Same combo as yesterday…could it be another streak? Winking smile

We’ve got some stuff to take care of around the house today and, of course, I can’t forget that today is the FIRST DAY OF THE 2012 CLOSEOUT WORKOUT CHALLENGE!!

We’ve got over 300 people and are still growing, and it’s not too late to join in! Even if you’re not sure you’ll be able to make the goal, I still say give it a shot! It’s better to have at least tried, don’t ya think? Smile

Happy December everyone!!

Comments

1. Renee says

I love when my porch looks like yours! My fed ex man knows to just sign dr.Benda ;) when I order wine it shows up in HUGE boxes I feel like a kid at Christmas! Love the purple blender.

How fun! I have the same immersion blender, but it’s so much cuter in purple!! I’ve been meaning to get a cake carrier, but I’ve been holding off because I’m already low on storage space in our apartment- I bet I can make room for a collapsible one though :) Thanks for the idea!
    Emily recently posted..End of the year challenge

3. Christine says

I love oatmeal squares! But i have to have a real small bowl of them because if I eat too many, my stomach gets upset??? too much fiber? haha

Oooh those are all excellent purchases! Cast iron pot? AWESOME!
    Snow? so lovely :)
    And I’ll probably take it easy with the close-out workout for today and tomorrow (running a full marathon in the rain tomorrow morning :P). I’ll make up the reps from Monday. Have a wonderful weekend!
    michelle kim recently posted..Best Carbo-Loading Food

My immersion blender is my favourite kitchen gadget, a powerful one is just a god send, I very rarely even use the food processor any more! My mum has a Le Creuset casserole dish in that colour since she got married 27 years ago! Still in perfect condition, you’ll have it forever!!!
    Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Out of this world

6. Kristin says

Ahhh the snow looks so pretty! I’m jealous…it’s 80 degrees
    here in Texas. I really wish we had actual seasons here!

My husband would be in heaven with all of that meat! The snow is beautiful… It snowed here like crazy a few weeks ago, and since then we haven’t seen it at all. I’m kind of hoping a little makes an appearance in the next few weeks before Christmas! I like a little of it around the holidays!
    Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..2012 Christmas Wish List

Courtney- Your blog has become one of my favorites just in the last month or so of reading it. I just started up my own blog a couple of weeks ago (http://aburgwin.wordpress.com) and I’m looking for some advice about managing time. I didn’t realize you were a teacher also! My blog stated about teaching and then I changed it to include recipes and workouts. I can’t believe you can find time to teach and have such a beautiful blog. Where did you go to learn blogging tips? Did you have someone design your blog? I’m struggling with the basics! Thanks for all of the awesome recipes!
    XOXOX
    Andrea

I am dying to have a dutch oven AND an immersion blender. Both are on my Christmas list this year and I am really hoping that I get them so that I can make some tasty soup recipes that I have seen lately….I am a bit obsessed with soups :).

You are lucky to have snow!! They are saying we are supposed to have a mild winter here in the Midwest, but I am holding out hope that we will at least get one decent-sized storm. I need snow to REALLY get into the Christmas spirit!
    Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Satisfying My Soup Obsession: Roasted Winter Vegetable & Bean Soup

Trackbacks

1. […] still trying to work through our Omaha Steaks order from December, so a few days ago we ended up taking a couple of steaks out of the freezer to thaw and cook up. […]