White Chocolate Cranberry Candy Crunch

by Courtney on December 4, 2012

I’m warning you…this stuff is dangerous.

And it’s also not healthy or healthified, by any means…unless you want to join me in saying that the cranberries have to account for something, right?

Over the weekend I found myself in a mood to make some sort of Christmas treat, but I wasn’t in the mood to turn on the oven or mix up a batch of cookies. I wanted something quick, I wanted something easy, and I wanted something I could also sneak a bite or two of in the process. Winking smile

I also wanted an excuse to break into some of THIS glorious candy.

A couple of weeks ago, I was contacted by the super awesome guys over at Santa Barbara Chocolate Co. They noticed that enjoy baking a cookie or two every now and then, and they generously offered to send me a box of some of their favorite products – some for baking, and some for straight eating…

Including a number of chocolate bars,

Both large AND small.

And they even included a box of California Collection candies which, I must say, were extremely delicious. Jay and I devoured half the box the night it came.

As for the baking supplies, I am now the proud owner of a 4.4 pound package of unsweetened baking chocolate.

I mean, seriously…the thing is a monster.

As well as a large box of cocoa powder and a 3-pound bag of white chocolate.

I guess you could say that the white chocolate is what spurred my desire for these decadent little treats. Winking smile

Since I already had a bag of white chocolate chips on hand, I decided to split the recipe with one bag of the chips and 2 cups of the white chocolate coins that I had. Since I figured most people don’t have a random 3 pound box of white chocolate lying around, I wrote out the regular recipe.

If you’re in need of a quick, festive, delicious little treat to give away this holiday season, may I suggest you trying out a batch of this White Chocolate Cranberry Candy Crunch? I promise…if you like white chocolate and the salty-sweet combo, this is definitely a winner!

*****

Special Offer for STSL Readers!!!

Santa Barbara Chocolate Co. (who also offers flat rate $5.99 shipping for US orders) is offering all STSL readers a special $10 discount on all orders! Just enter the code SWEET10 at checkout.

1 Natalie @ Free Range Human December 4, 2012 at 1:24 pm

That looks great! I love white chocolate, and I don’t think it gets used enough!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..A Marvelous Birthday

2 Linz @ Itz Linz December 4, 2012 at 1:24 pm

YUM!! This would be perfect to make and wrap up to give as holiday gifts!!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..40/20 Full Body Workout

3 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat December 4, 2012 at 1:25 pm

Probably the best free product I’ve ever seen a blogger receive! :)
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Marvelous Weekend Recap

4 Haley S December 4, 2012 at 1:30 pm

Oh my woooord! This looks great! And very Christmas-y! That chocolate delivery seems like HEAVEN! (:

5 Becki (@Fight4Wellness) December 4, 2012 at 1:31 pm

I’m sure you don’t quite know given that you just made it, but I would love to know how well it keeps over a few days. I need something to bring to my in-laws’ Christmas Eve party, but we’ll be flying back into town after the party is already happening. I’m wondering if this is something I could make in advance, store airtight in the fridge, and pull it out for the party five days later.

If it’ll keep, I think they’d love it!
Becki (@Fight4Wellness) recently posted..December Goals: Rest & RAW

6 Kerry @ Totes My Oats December 4, 2012 at 1:36 pm

What a simple, beautiful, festive treat! I love the sweet/salty combination! I bet some nuts would be really yummy in there, too!
Kerry @ Totes My Oats recently posted..A Good Combination and Race Registration

7 Katie @ KatieEnPursuit December 4, 2012 at 1:40 pm

Ummmm, YUM! That is all! Anything that has sweeten condensed milk is guaranteed to be tasty in my book.
Katie @ KatieEnPursuit recently posted..Tracking my Fiber & the Housewives Lips

8 Ellie@Fit for the Soul December 4, 2012 at 1:51 pm

oh goodness gracious!! All that chocolate loooks marvelous and so so fancy! Care to share some with us? ;) I bet everything tastes really gourmet, well, at least the package makes it look really fancy. And I have yet to get into the holiday baking spirits!
Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..A Traditional Kid-Friendly Dish

9 Emily December 4, 2012 at 2:00 pm

Oh my goodness, that’s a lot of chocolate! Looks like you’re making good use of it though- that white chocolate candy must be amazing.
Emily recently posted..My perfect cookie

10 Danielle December 4, 2012 at 2:02 pm

that fudge looks delicious!
Danielle recently posted..Wishful Thinking

11 Angela December 4, 2012 at 2:12 pm

This recipe looks to die for! I wonder if it would be good to add in some orange zest for a little twist?!

12 Allie December 4, 2012 at 2:40 pm

oh my goodness, that looks so amazing! I love how few ingredients you used, but I’m glad you got all of that chocolate and not me. I’d easily put on 20 pounds in a day with that in my kitchen! I just went onto their website and their boxed chocolate sets are making me drool over here
Allie recently posted..I Hate Burpees

13 Michelle@Peachy Palate December 4, 2012 at 2:41 pm

Amazing and I’m sure incredibly addictive!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..The A to B

14 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope December 4, 2012 at 2:54 pm

This looks delicious! I love the combination of the white chocolate with the cranberries. Definitely want to make it! :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Mike’s Birthday Weekend!…

15 Sarah (Shh...Fit Happens) December 4, 2012 at 3:16 pm

Omg, Lucky you! The chocolate and candy crunch look amazing!
Sarah (Shh…Fit Happens) recently posted..My Organic Coffee and Chocolate Experience

16 Christin@christinjoyful December 4, 2012 at 3:30 pm

I’m from SB…how do I not know about this company?? Total mind blow…need chocolate to recoup… :)
Christin@christinjoyful recently posted..30 Day Shoe Challenge: Day 3

17 Tara | Treble in the Kitchen December 4, 2012 at 3:32 pm

Oh yum!! I think I would LOVE the taste of the sweet and salty and the textures of the crunchy and chewy!! Seriously, I think I just added this to my baking list :)

18 Elizabeth@myneonrunningshoes December 4, 2012 at 3:33 pm

I’d say cranberries definitely add a healthy punch too it ;-) I can’t wait to make it.

19 michelle kim December 4, 2012 at 3:34 pm

OMG… I drool. It looks SOOOO GOOD! I love love dark chocolate!
michelle kim recently posted..Post-Marathon Week

20 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles December 4, 2012 at 4:02 pm

That is a lot of chocolate! That would make me pretty ecstatic :-D
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..freEDom: Enjoying Christmas For All It’s Worth.

21 kim@hungryhealthygirl December 4, 2012 at 4:02 pm

I love the chocolate/pretzel combo and the tartness from the cranberries….I can only imagine how yummy this stuff is. Looks like it would make great gifts too!
kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..The Happiness Project {a book review}

22 Ashlee December 4, 2012 at 4:22 pm

YUM! I’ve never been a fan of white chocolate (crazy right?!) but I am going to make this white dark chocolate for sure!
Ashlee recently posted..Creamy Avocado Sauce Pasta

23 Danica @ It's Progression December 4, 2012 at 4:22 pm

hooooly chocolate! #jealous
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..my favorite healthy snacks

24 Lauren December 4, 2012 at 5:14 pm

Oh goodness lady! You need to stop with these amazing treats. No really, don’t stop. ;)
Lauren recently posted..Up Up and Away….Again!

25 Spencer December 4, 2012 at 5:42 pm

Looks absolutely delicious! I would so love to try some. I am sure it tastes great.
Spencer recently posted..Twizzlers Strawberry

26 Stefanie @ Thin Vegetarian December 4, 2012 at 6:26 pm

I have never been a fan of white chocolate; I find it way too sweet!
Stefanie @ Thin Vegetarian recently posted..Overnight Oats with a Twist

27 Lyric December 4, 2012 at 7:03 pm

Holy moley I love white chocolate and it looks so good!
Lyric recently posted..Stormin Out

28 cait December 4, 2012 at 7:16 pm

that bark looks dangerousssss!!

I bought a slab of unsweetened choc in a NYC market and have been shaving off pieces to eat on everything! just a little touch is all you need! mmmm!

29 Olivia @ Liv Lives Life December 4, 2012 at 8:04 pm

Wow, talk about a gift from heaven! I would LOVE to have gotten that in the mail! The recipe sounds amazing…white chocolate and pretzels is a never fail combo!
Olivia @ Liv Lives Life recently posted..Christmas Funfetti Cookies

30 Lauren B. December 4, 2012 at 8:09 pm

I live in SB and has no idea such a yummy companu was here!

31 Megan@funsizedfitness December 4, 2012 at 8:19 pm

Your snowman serving tray is really cute!
Megan@funsizedfitness recently posted..The Most Mouth-Watering Pb&J Ever!

32 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More December 4, 2012 at 8:36 pm

Oh my god, my eyes just about bugged out of my head with that first picture. That looks SO good!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Fitness Enthusiast Gift List

33 Meredith December 4, 2012 at 8:48 pm

sweet and salty heaven right there! It’s only 11:45 a.m. in Australia, but all I can seriously think about is making these. Thanks for the great idea!
Meredith recently posted..Crockpot mexican chicken stuffed pepper medley

34 Liz @ Tip Top Shape December 4, 2012 at 9:13 pm

I love making barks like this!
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Coconut Bars

35 Molly @ Happy&Healthy December 4, 2012 at 9:49 pm

ohmygoodness, that stuff looks delicious! I am definitely going to make this next week after I finally get done with exams! Thanks for sharing!
Molly @ Happy&Healthy recently posted..Parking Lot Problems

36 Tammy Fuller December 4, 2012 at 11:48 pm

I’m with you – the cranberries count for something healthy!
Tammy Fuller recently posted..Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie with Shakeology

37 Meghan @ After the Ivy League December 5, 2012 at 10:07 am

Holy Moly that’s a lot of chocolate!! Share the love? Haha, that recipe looks fantastic, the white chocolate + cranberries or raspberries flavor combination is one of my favorites!
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..WIAW #14: Brinner

38 Bek @ Crave December 5, 2012 at 11:19 pm

Oh no- this looks addictive..but oh so good! Love the festive colours too ;)
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Confessing My Undying Love For Les Mills

39 Amber December 6, 2012 at 12:19 am

Just made this but subbed pistachios for half the pretzels! Can’t wait for it to be set but judging by the mixture I know it’ll be delicious!
Amber recently posted..Daring Bakers Make Scones!!

40 Lauri December 16, 2012 at 1:18 pm

Do you chill in the freezer or the fridge?
Lauri recently posted..Livin Life

41 Courtney December 16, 2012 at 2:58 pm

I did the fridge, although I have some stored in the freezer. I think fridge would be best at first unless you need it to chill quickly