Too Cute and Cozy to Pass Up

by Courtney on December 8, 2012

Wow. Talk about a full, busy day! It’s just now 5:30 and this is the first chance I’ve had to sit at my computer….whew!

Our day started nice and early, since both Jay and I had full agendas today. Before anything though, I made myself a quick breakfast.

I received a pretty sweet package in the mail yesterday filled with two of Thomas’ limited edition cranberry products: english muffins and bagels. They both looked good, but I decided today was a bagel sorta day.

I can happily say that these are fantastic with both peanut butter AND jelly. Winking smile

Once breakfast was taken care of, I headed out to take care of a couple errands: grocery store, mom and dad’s house, and liquor store. Jay and I are having a few friends over tonight for a little Christmas party, hence the crazy busy day.

By the time I got back home, I was super excited to see a special little package in the mail for meeeee.

I ordered this adorable hooded, sparkly sweatshirt last week off of Rue La La and have been waiting for it to get here ever since.

There was actually a ton of stuff I was loving on the site last week, but this top just looked too cute and cozy to pass up. The sparkles are kinda hard to see in the photo, but I swear they’re there. I can’t wait to wear it!

The rest of our afternoon around here pretty much consisted of cleaning, both upstairs and downstairs. I told Jay that we really need to have friends over more often because our house always looks so nice when we actually clean it…who knew? Winking smile

One of the things we both got a great kick out of today was while cleaning downstairs. Jay pulled this cabinet out away from the wall and, wouldn’t you know, there was quite a bit of treasure under there…

Apparently we found not only where all of Cody’s toys go, but also where all of our ping pong balls went…which I guess are also now Cody’s toys. He’s such a character.

So Jay worked downstairs for a bit while I worked upstairs and finished up cleaning out our back room. It’s looked like crap for months now, but we’re finally making some progress!

Little did I know, that while I was working upstairs, Jay was actually hard at work down in the basement getting things all “festive” for tonight. I looooooved the surprise of the lights!

I told him we just have to keep them up all year-round, especially around the bar. I love lights!

I don’t have much more in terms of food to share with you guys today, since I’ve been grazing for the majority of the day while cleaning, prepping food, and getting ready. Now that I’ve sat down for a few minutes – 14 minutes, to be exact – it’s about time to head back out to the kitchen and finish up the food.

We’ve got lots of good stuff on the menu tonight…including my first ever attempt at fondue! Jay bought me a fondue set two years ago and, well, this is our first time opening the box. Oops. Winking smile

How’s everyone else’s Saturday going? Awesome, I hope?!? I’ll check back with you cool cats later on – gotta jet!

1 Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections December 8, 2012 at 5:58 pm

Aw, that must have been neat to come down to see the lights as a surprise! I love keeping lights up like that all year long.
Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections recently posted..Daily Imperfection: To Work or Not to Work?

2 Marielle December 8, 2012 at 6:12 pm

Awww the lights look so good, what a good hubby! Have a good rest of your weekend!
Marielle recently posted..Me Time

3 Liz @ Tip Top Shape December 8, 2012 at 6:17 pm

Such a cute sweatshirt! I’ve never heard of Rue La La before. Off to check out the site now!
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Video Break: The Riff-Off

4 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake December 8, 2012 at 7:01 pm

Love the sweatshirt!

I’ve tried both the cranberry bagels and English muffins and I love them both.
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Food Survey

5 Stefanie @ Thin Vegetarian December 8, 2012 at 7:03 pm

The lights do look very nice; year-round is a great idea!
Stefanie @ Thin Vegetarian recently posted..This is Starting to Get Annoying…

6 Amanda @ .running with spoons. December 8, 2012 at 7:09 pm

I keep Christmas lights up year round in my bedroom – I just love how cozy they make things feel :D And speaking of cozy, that sweatshirt is SO cute! Hope you have a great night – good luck with the fondue!
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... liebster sounds a lot like lobster… .

7 Danielle December 8, 2012 at 7:10 pm

I love the sweatshirt! I wonder if it comes in other colors too..?
Danielle recently posted..Pizza, Pizza

8 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More December 8, 2012 at 8:23 pm

LOVE the lights in the basement! But I’m such a sucker for christmas lights. I have them up year-round in my room in my parents house. It’s been one of my favorite things since moving back home to have them. ;)

And I might be even more excited for those english muffins now. My dad went out while I was at work today and picked them up. It’s on the agenda for breakfast tomorrow.
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..The Importance of Sleep

9 Holly December 8, 2012 at 8:37 pm

hahaha! We moved the couch the other day and found at least 3 dozen bottle caps our cat Alice had hidden under there!

10 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles December 8, 2012 at 9:14 pm

Good luck with the fondue! I’m sure it’ll be delicious. :-)
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Christmas Party: Round 2.

11 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl December 8, 2012 at 11:25 pm

Those cranberry bagels and english muffins sound amazing…I will definitely be on the lookout for them! :)
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..WIAW: December 5, 2012

12 Khushboo December 9, 2012 at 4:38 am

Love fondue! Choc or cheese?
Khushboo recently posted..It’s beginning to feel a lot like December

13 Megan@funsizedfitness December 9, 2012 at 6:23 am

Our cats do the same exact thing with their toys! Recently, they’ve been knocking candy canes off our tree and we’ve been finding pieces everywhere!!!!
Megan@funsizedfitness recently posted..Freebie Friday…Well, Kind of :)

14 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries December 9, 2012 at 9:30 am

I’ve been wondering about those Thomas Cranberry English muffins & bagels! Glad to hear they got your stamp of approval… Might just have to pick some up this week. ;) Hope you guys had fun last night!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Christmas Card 2012

15 michelle kim December 9, 2012 at 11:00 am

Such a productive Saturday.
I would have gotten SO crazy over that surprise! I also love Christmas lights, anytime, anywhere. It just makes everything so much more pretty!
michelle kim recently posted..Weekend Plans and a Protein Pancake

16 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers December 9, 2012 at 11:17 am

Sundays are normally my busy days preparing for the week! I didn’t know Thomas had Cranberry English Muffins! I have to try them!!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Chicken Vegetable Soup / 2 more NuNatural Winners/ Weekly Recap

17 Sarah Lynn December 10, 2012 at 10:23 pm

That is soo funny how all of Cody’s toys and the ping pong balls were hidden away like that!!!!! Cats are hilarious!!!!

18 Bek @ Crave December 11, 2012 at 5:31 am

OH how exciting! Hope your Christmas party went great!
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Back Into the Usual Groove..Sort Of

19 Trudy December 11, 2012 at 2:22 pm

Ah! The basement looks awesome! Hope you had a fun party :)
Trudy recently posted..Fresh Sparkling Snow :3

20 Becki December 12, 2012 at 9:04 am

Joe and I had people over this past weekend and I had a similar realization. Our house really does look great when it’s all nice and clean, haha.

Love the lights!