Christmas Par-tay Time

by Courtney on December 9, 2012

So much food…

Like, seriously…a lot of food.

Including some adorable Pinterest finds!

And drinks…lots of those, too.

Unfortunately, the one thing I was most looking forward to, my cheese fondue, ended up turning out like crap. The stupid fondue burner kept burning the cheese, and although we attempted the turn it on/shut it off thing a few times, it finally burned the whole bottom of the pot. We threw in the towel after that one, which was even more of a bummer because that cheese wasn’t cheap!

Oh well…the rest of the party was SO much fun that the fondue didn’t even matter.

Can you spot the creeper in this photo?? I literally laughed out loud as soon as a I spotted him.

Me and my co-host for the evening.

The girlsssss.

Part of our party also included a Chinese Grab Bag. It was optional to partake, but most people ended up getting in on it, which was really quite amusing.

We actually didn’t wind up doing this until later in the evening, but we figured we ought to do it sooner rather than later, since some of the party-goers were having a bit of fun downstairs…

I won’t name names. Winking smile

The gift I ended up with from the grab bag was this adorable microwave soup bowl + soup.

It was Sarah’s gift and she was worried that it was something that an “old lady” would want but I love it. Definitely a cute find!

The party eventually fizzled out late last night around 1am, and although I have a kitchen filled with dirty dishes and empty bottles, it is totally worth it. It was a great night with some awesome friends! Smile

Now it’s time to go brave that kitchen…

1 Anna Leeson December 9, 2012 at 11:28 am

Looks like it was a great time with food, drinks and friends! Does it get better?! The creeper is beyond hilarious :) Love the soup bowl, any idea where she got it?

2 Courtney December 9, 2012 at 11:41 am

I believe it’s from Marshalls!

3 Anna Leeson December 9, 2012 at 5:12 pm

Awesome, thanks!

4 Liz @ Tip Top Shape December 9, 2012 at 11:57 am

Ha, I have similar kitchen-things to tackle today. My roommate and I hosted a wine night last night and there are many, many dirty wine glasses. lol

That party look like a lot of fun! And you got a good gift, too!
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Video Break: The Riff-Off

5 Megan@funsizedfitness December 9, 2012 at 12:53 pm

That soup mug is really cute! Our extended family always does a white elephant gift exchange for Christmas – they’re a blast!
Megan@funsizedfitness recently posted..Freebie Friday…Well, Kind of :)

6 Danielle December 9, 2012 at 12:56 pm

Our family always does a Secret Santa gift exchange on Christmas. On Thanksgiving we all put our names and 3 items we want in a hat and draw names. We have so many people in our family that it would become way too expensive to buy a gift for each person. The gift exchanges are always fun though!
Danielle recently posted..Pizza, Pizza

7 Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections December 9, 2012 at 1:07 pm

That soup warmer is such a good idea! I wonder where your friend got that? I’ve never seen one like it. Looks like a fun party. That is such a shame about the fondue though!
Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections recently posted..Daily Imperfection: Laziest, Longest Day Ever!

8 Kerry @ Totes My Oats December 9, 2012 at 1:09 pm

What a fun night! Seems like your party was a big success!
Kerry @ Totes My Oats recently posted..Jingle Bell 5K for Arthritis Recap

9 Amanda @ .running with spoons. December 9, 2012 at 1:15 pm

Oh wow, that seriously does look like a fantastic party, and the picture with creepster Cody totally cracked me up – he looks like he’s plotting something diabolical.

Hope you’re having a fantastic Sunday! Good luck with the clean up ;)
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... liebster sounds a lot like lobster… .

10 Brittany Peters December 9, 2012 at 1:25 pm

Oh my gosh the food looks amazing! Im sorry the cheese didn’t work out. The microwave soup bowl/cup looks so cute!
Brittany Peters recently posted..Cray Cray People

11 Andre December 9, 2012 at 1:28 pm

Looks like fun! I am bummed because I missed my cousin’s annual Christmas party this year since we now live out of town :(
Andre recently posted..Pros and Cons of planning a wedding on Pinterest

12 Katie @ skinnyminniemoves December 9, 2012 at 1:34 pm

I love the fondue idea! How fun :) and mmmmm apples and bread!

13 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles December 9, 2012 at 1:45 pm

That does look like a fantastic party! Too bad the fondue didn’t work out, but it seems like you guys managed without it. Cody is such a creeper, I love it!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..It Tastes Like Christmas.

14 Stefanie @ Thin Vegetarian December 9, 2012 at 1:57 pm

Too bad for the fondue and cleanup, but looks like you guys had a great party!
Stefanie @ Thin Vegetarian recently posted..Trouble Getting Started

15 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake December 9, 2012 at 2:01 pm

Looks like SO much fun! I’d be happy with the soup + mug too!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Food Survey

16 Angela @ Beauty in Strength December 9, 2012 at 2:06 pm

What a fun night! Such a great way to get into the season with friends, food, and drinks. :)
Angela @ Beauty in Strength recently posted..It’s Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas…

17 Danica @ It's Progression December 9, 2012 at 2:20 pm

Looks like a lot of fun!
I’ve never heard of Chinese Grab Bag…is that kind of like doing White Elephant gifts?
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..workouts 12/2 – 12/8

18 Courtney December 9, 2012 at 3:03 pm

You choose numbers to pick a gift but then you can steal from others too. It gets pretty amusing!

19 Jessica Locke December 9, 2012 at 2:33 pm

Okay – I must be blind – cant find Cody?
Those Reindeer cookies look so festive and cute! My daughter would love ‘em!

20 Courtney December 9, 2012 at 3:02 pm

Hahaha…look behind the couch ;-)

21 Michelle@Peachy Palate December 9, 2012 at 2:37 pm

Quite the spread!!! What little gift did you buy for some one “grab” ? Love all the lights on the bar, definitely keep them all year round!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Beat the Chill Circuit Workout

22 Courtney December 9, 2012 at 3:01 pm

A bottle of wine and a few shooters :)

23 Kristen @ notsodomesticated December 9, 2012 at 2:58 pm

Maybe I’m an old lady, but I love that soup bowl idea! Very cute gift! :)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Spicy Chicken Rigatoni

24 cait December 9, 2012 at 3:00 pm

love your sneaky cat!

25 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More December 9, 2012 at 4:18 pm

Looks like a great party! I definitely spot some Pinterest finds that I pinned as possibilities for our Christmas Eve party… ;)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Gluten-Free Vegan Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins

26 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy December 9, 2012 at 4:23 pm

That soup bowl is very cute! Do you know where she found it?
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..Friday Things

27 Courtney December 9, 2012 at 4:24 pm

Marshall’s

28 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey December 9, 2012 at 4:36 pm

Looks like a fun time! And I guess I’m an old lady, because I would have liked that gift!!!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..25 days of christmas – part i

29 Khushboo December 9, 2012 at 5:35 pm

What a great spread of food, especially those reindeer cookies!
Khushboo recently posted..It’s beginning to feel a lot like December

30 Molly @ Happy&Healthy December 9, 2012 at 7:42 pm

Looks like a great time! I cannot wait for the holiday party season! And the microwave bowl seems awesome, not an old lady thing haha
Molly @ Happy&Healthy recently posted..Weekend Recap

31 mandee December 9, 2012 at 7:52 pm

ooooh! i love those little strawberry santa hats! what dessert is that?
mandee recently posted..Green velvet with cream cheese frosting!

32 Courtney December 10, 2012 at 8:08 am

They were brownie bites with frosting and strawberries. So good!

33 Elizabeth December 9, 2012 at 8:34 pm

Looks like fun! My boyfriend and I had an ugly sweater recently and I cooked up lots of things courtesy of Pinterest and Jessica at How Sweet it Is…

Two questions- Where did you get that adorable throw with the stockings? And, is Chinese Grab Bag the same thing as a White Elephant exchange or Yankee Swap (I grew up in the Midwest and we called it White Elephant, but when I lived in Boston it was called Yankee Swap).
Elizabeth recently posted..The problem of being a bibliophile in a library

34 Courtney December 10, 2012 at 8:06 am

I’m not sure what a Yankee Swap is, but it’s basically where you draw numbers and have the chance to choose an unopened gift or steal a gift from someone who already opened it. It’s a lot of fun!

And I actually have no idea where the throw came from…it took it from my mom and dad’s house when I moved out years ago. ;)

35 Elizabeth December 10, 2012 at 8:14 am

Well it sounds like a new name for Yankee Swap. I love how different regions have different names for things (drinking games come to mind…)
Elizabeth recently posted..The problem of being a bibliophile in a library

36 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl December 9, 2012 at 10:10 pm

You can never have too much food or too many drinks! ;)

Those reindeer cookies are adorable!
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..25 Question Holiday Survey!

37 Marielle December 9, 2012 at 10:15 pm

I saw those cute little santa strawberry hat things on Pinterest too! Looks like they turned out well ;)
Marielle recently posted..Winter Fit Workout

38 Beks December 9, 2012 at 10:43 pm

I want one of those bowls! Did she say where she got it?

39 Courtney December 10, 2012 at 8:06 am

Marshall’s :)

40 Tara Deal | Treble in the Kitchen December 10, 2012 at 4:39 am

Those pinterest treats looked so cute! :) What a fun night. I love having friends over for the holidays!

41 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope December 10, 2012 at 7:21 am

Looks like such a fun party! I love the pinterest treats. That site is so addicting! :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Holiday Parties & A Birthday Celebration Filled Weekend!…

42 Lauren December 10, 2012 at 10:36 am

I just made those reindeer cookies from pinterest on Saturday! And I’ve seen those santa hat brownies on pinterest too, they turned out super cute! Looks like a fun party :)

43 Renee December 10, 2012 at 11:55 am

Awww this made me miss our annual Christmas party. We haven’t had one in a few years since my son’s birthday is now about the same time :/ Your food looks fabulous…don’t cry over burnt cheese :)

44 Nancy December 10, 2012 at 2:09 pm

I love the soup bowl!! Been wanting to get one, don’t like the all white ones! This one is so pretty I am going to see if our Marshall’s have them. My luck they won’t, but it is just too cute!!Lucky you!!

45 Taylor December 10, 2012 at 4:11 pm

I have that exact same bowl and LOVE it! I also grabbed the next size up but that one has pastel colored birds on it :) TJ Maxx (and Marshall’s!) is great for that stuff. The party looked like a blast – and Cody made me LOL as well.

46 Trudy December 11, 2012 at 2:31 pm

Looks like a great time! Love the picture of Cody behind the couch! Hahaha.

Sorry about the fondue…try again! I’ve definitely never tried…yet ;)
Trudy recently posted..Fresh Sparkling Snow :3