I Miss the FedEx Guy

by Courtney on December 10, 2012

Seriously. I was home alllll morning and early afternoon. I leave the house for all of, ohh, an hour…

And of course, I miss the FedEx guy. Now I’m all curious as to what sort of package is headed my way that requires a signature? I’m pretty sure any packages I am waiting for certainly wouldn’t need one…but I guess we’ll have to wait and see until tomorrow!

Well, before heading out of the house for a bit this afternoon, I was able to sit down to a nice little lunch with the hubby, who came home from work to eat. I love when that happens.

The two of us managed to finish up the last of our buffalo chicken dip from the weekend – he had his with some tortilla chips, I had mine with some carrots and celery, and a small piece of baguette.

Along with my spicy buffalo dip, I also had a pineapple Chobani mixed with half of a sliced banana and some Love Grown Foods granola.

It was a good lunch, indeed.

Once I got home this afternoon, I also snacked on an apple and the last remaining bran muffin half. Man, they were good while they lasted!

Now I’m working on trying to figure out what to make for dinner, and I can’t decide between three recipes:

Ohhh, what to make, what to make…what do you guys think? Winking smile

1 Marielle December 10, 2012 at 4:26 pm

Hmm…the broccoli Alfredo sounds yummy! Let us know what you pick!
Marielle recently posted..Winter Fit Workout

2 Danielle December 10, 2012 at 4:27 pm

chicken and broccoli alfredo sounds delicious!
Danielle recently posted..Weekend Recap

3 Kari December 10, 2012 at 4:29 pm

Buffalo Chicken pasta! I made that a while back – delicious!

4 Molly @ Happy&Healthy December 10, 2012 at 4:37 pm

yummm cheesy chicken and rice casserole sounds like the perfect comfort meal and a great rainy day meal (it has been raining all day where I am)! I hate missing the fed ex guy…one time someone sent something to my sorority house and I ended up missing it all 3 times he came, so I had to go in a sketchy part of town to package place to sign for it.
Molly @ Happy&Healthy recently posted..More Candy

5 Natalie @ Free Range Human December 10, 2012 at 4:37 pm

Definitely the Skinny Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Beloved

6 Maria December 10, 2012 at 4:38 pm

Well since you had buffalo chicken dip for lunch I think that rules out one of them (although I’m sure you don’t agree). :) I vote chicken alfredo. I want some too!

7 Shannon December 10, 2012 at 4:45 pm

Either the Skinny Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo OR the Buffalo Chicken Pasta. Those would be my choices if I were you.

8 Kristy @ Kristy's Health Revolution December 10, 2012 at 4:48 pm

I miss the Fed Ex guy EVERY time! I think he waits until I leave to knock.
Kristy @ Kristy’s Health Revolution recently posted..Kind of Healthy Cookies

9 Renee December 10, 2012 at 4:48 pm

I’m detecting a spicy theme? Make it a Buffalo DAY! I vote Buffalo Chicken Pasta.

10 Caroline December 10, 2012 at 4:51 pm

Alfredo or Chicken and Rice Casserole – you’ve already had buffalo chicken flavored stuff today!

11 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More December 10, 2012 at 4:52 pm

My dinner is going to consist of some leftovers – tomato lentils, acorn squash and a little rice. YUM!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Music Monday // This Girl Is On Fire!

12 Kerry @ Totes My Oats December 10, 2012 at 4:58 pm

They all sound great! Alfredo sounds so good right now though!
Kerry @ Totes My Oats recently posted..Oh, Christmas Tree…

13 Claire December 10, 2012 at 4:59 pm

Cheesey Chicken and Rice Casserole! Gah it looks so good…must make that one night for dinner while I’m home for break!
Claire recently posted..Weekend Recap

14 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom December 10, 2012 at 5:14 pm

Ohhh, I love the Buffalo Chicken Pasta but I say go for the Skinny Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo! Mostly because if I had the ingredients, I would definitely be making that tonight!!
Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..Girl Time

15 Amy December 10, 2012 at 5:28 pm

Oh my goodness…this happens to me ALL the time. I was literally walking out the door this morning when the FedEx guy came! Talk about perfect timing!

16 Michelle@Peachy Palate December 10, 2012 at 5:33 pm

Alfredo!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Soup to the rescue

17 Sara @ The Foodie Diaries December 10, 2012 at 5:34 pm

Ohhh I vote for the cheesy chicken and rice casserole. That would hit the spot over here in Boston right about now ;)
Sara @ The Foodie Diaries recently posted..The Weekend Roundup

18 alyssa - life a la wife December 10, 2012 at 6:10 pm

Skinny Chicken Alfredo!
alyssa – life a la wife recently posted..Sunday Stuff – 12/9

19 Angela @ Health's Angel December 10, 2012 at 6:47 pm

I’ve been promising my brother that I’d make him some sort of buffalo chicken pasta dish soon. I may just have to use your recipe to do so!
Angela @ Health’s Angel recently posted..Handmade Gifts

20 Alison December 10, 2012 at 7:04 pm

The alfredo or the rice casserole! :) Both sound so delicious!

21 Linz @ Itz Linz December 10, 2012 at 7:14 pm

Alfredo sounds good to me right now… especially a skinny version!! I’m going to have to check out this recipe! :)
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Harry and David Giveaway

22 Jenny December 10, 2012 at 7:30 pm

Man alive! I hate waiting around for people to show up with stuff or for services!! Specially when you wait all business day and they don’t show up! At least you had some delicious food to make up for it!
Jenny recently posted..Motivation Monday

23 Stefanie @ Thin Vegetarian December 10, 2012 at 7:35 pm

Figures right when you leave the delivery guy arrives!
Stefanie @ Thin Vegetarian recently posted..At Last

24 Kalley December 10, 2012 at 7:44 pm

If the gift contains alcohol (like a wine basket perhaps?) then it requires the signature of someone 21 + :)

I sent one out to a friend, she should be getting it tomorrow!

25 Katy December 10, 2012 at 7:54 pm

Cheesy chicken and rice! Sounds delicious!
Katy recently posted..Trader Joe’s Trip

26 Stephanie @ Steph's Miles December 10, 2012 at 8:00 pm

Have you ever posted the recipe for your buffalo dip before? Mine is from Hungry Girl but I would love to give yours a try!
Stephanie @ Steph’s Miles recently posted..Holiday Fun at Flamingo Gardens

27 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake December 10, 2012 at 8:02 pm

Ugh, missing the FedEx guy is the most frustrating thing ever!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Panera Bread

28 Lauren December 10, 2012 at 8:23 pm

That happens to me ALL OF THE TIME! Seriously, I think the FedEx guy waits for me to leave just as a sick little game. :(
Lauren recently posted..Chicken Soup For the Soul

29 Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns December 10, 2012 at 8:25 pm

Buffalo Chicken Pasta!! I nominated you for the Lieber AWard!!
Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns recently posted..GUESS WHO’S BIRTHDAY IT IS!

30 Amanda @ .running with spoons. December 10, 2012 at 8:27 pm

The same thing -always- happens to me when I’m waiting for something in the mail… and then having to go in and get it is such a pain in the butt. As for dinner, you’ve probably already made it, but I vote cheesy chicken and rice… but that’s mostly because I have a crazy cheesy craving right now.
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... marvelously me .

31 Erin (TexanCouture) December 10, 2012 at 9:26 pm

Hate it when that happens!

At first with your bowl I thought your dip was cookie dough. I was like oh wow thats different veggies and cookie dough haha
Erin (TexanCouture) recently posted..Twinkle twinkle, little bat. How I wonder what you’re at?

32 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles December 10, 2012 at 10:02 pm

I’d go for buffalo chicken…but I have a ridiculous amount of love for the stuff :-p
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Meal of my Childhood.

33 Lyric December 10, 2012 at 10:10 pm

UHM. Buffalo Chicken pasta!
Lyric recently posted..One of those days and getting in the Christmas spirit

34 Angela @ Beauty in Strength December 10, 2012 at 11:13 pm

Hopefully you catch him when he comes back! I hate having to go pick up the package if you miss again!
Angela @ Beauty in Strength recently posted..Brownie Batter Oats

35 Katie December 10, 2012 at 11:52 pm

Buffalo chicken pasta! Except I’d do tofu sorry! :)
Katie recently posted..Don’t Worry, Be Happy

36 Tara Deal | Treble in the Kitchen December 11, 2012 at 5:16 am

I think the buffalo chicken pasta sounds like a winner :)

37 Jessica December 11, 2012 at 2:26 pm

Hi Courtney, I noticed in your picture you can actually see your home address on the FedEx slip. For safety purposes, you may want to blur that out. Thanks for sharing your life with all of us – I love reading!

38 Jessica December 11, 2012 at 2:27 pm

I commented too soon! Silly me – looks like FedEx’s address. My bad.

39 Courtney December 11, 2012 at 3:07 pm

Hahaha, no worries! I made sure to check that before posting. ;)

40 Trudy December 11, 2012 at 4:27 pm

Ah! I hate missing a package. Luckily (if you can say that…) I’m at work all day, so I can send my package there. No packages missed! :) I love getting packages… haha.
I should be getting one from Christina soon because I ordered a bunch of snow man ornaments for Christmas. I’m excited for that one :D

Make something delicious. And easy. And something with chicken ;)
Trudy recently posted..Fresh Sparkling Snow :3

41 Bek @ Crave December 11, 2012 at 10:46 pm

I hate that! It’s always the way isn’t it. Yay for special packages!
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Why I’m Disappointed In Myself Lately