My Christmas Survey

You guys know me…I looooove me some fun surveys! I’ve seen this one floating around on a few blogs, and after reading it this morning on Holly’s blog, I figured I’d take a shot at it. Besides, I’m already in quite the festive mood after finishing up some Christmas wrapping!

1. Favorite Christmas Album/CD/Song? I actually have three: Mannheim Steamroller, Mariah Carey Christmas, and Tran Siberian Orchestra. All three of them have been playing in my car since Black Friday.

I am so wickedly excited for this Thursday’s TSO concert with mom!!

2. Run on Christmas morning or take the day off? Umm, no running for me. Even in the past, when exercise was an unhealthy obsession, I’m pretty sure Christmas morning has always been about cozy pajamas, opening presents, and eating a yummy breakfast.

3. What do you usually eat on Christmas morning? Speak of the devil…my family has been enjoying the same yummy breakfast for quite a few years now. The breakfast first started out as an Easter brunch tradition, after I received the recipes from my 7th grade Home & Careers class. I’m not quite sure when the tradition made its way to Christmas, but I love it.

Overnight French Toast & Egg Strata

And mimosas, of course. Winking smile

4. Favorite holiday or Christmas tradition? This is a tough one, because I feel like some of our traditions have changed as the years have gone on. When I was little, we had traditions like being able to open one present on Christmas Eve Eve (yes, it’s such a thing), or my brother and I waiting patiently at the top of the stairs for our dad to set up the video camera.

Now that both my brother and I are moved out on our own, I feel like it’s very possible that we’ll be starting some new traditions in the years to come. That, to me, is exciting!

5. Real tree, fake tree or no tree? Fake tree. I always grew up with a fake tree, so I guess that’s what I’m used to. Plus, you can’t beat the falling pine needles!

I do, however, love the smell of a fresh cut tree…but that’s what candles are for. Winking smile

6. Christmas pajamas… yay or nay? I never really used to get in to the whole Christmas pj’s thing, but last year I did wind up buying this shirt (I think from Old Navy?) and thought it was pretty cute.

I’ll be sporting that again this year, I’m sure.

7. Where do you spend the holidays? Jay and I are both VERY lucky in the sense that both of our families live very close to us. Most of the time, we spend Christmas Eve at his one aunt’s house and then my parents’ house.

On Christmas day, we head to my in-law’s house, then my parents’ house, and then up to Jay’s grandma’s house where we get to see Santa. Winking smile

8. Food that you always have during the holiday season? Favorite Christmas food/treat? Oh man, that’s a tough one. I love all the Christmas cookies that me and mom make, but I also can’t get enough of mom’s Christmas lasagna.

Just looking at the stuff makes me crave it in a baaaad way. Winking smile

9. Open presents all at once or take turns? This actually makes me laugh. All growing up, my brother and I would always take turns…at least we’d try to. But when we were younger, Dan would usually wind up opening his quicker, so when we got down to the end, he’d get all upset because he thought he had less than I did.

Now, we all just have fun taking turns however it happens.

10. Favorite Christmas(ish) movie? I have a few! I’ve said before that I’m a huge fan of National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation, but I also really do love A Christmas Story and Elf…which I think you guys already know.

Awww, now I’m reeeeally getting excited for Christmas!

Now let’s hear from all you guys and gals…feel free to answer any (or all!) of the questions above!

Comments

my sister and I grew up with the 1 present on Christmas eve too. We still do that in our house w/our kids but I’ve changed it a bit w/me picking the present which is usually new pj’s for Christmas morning and a family movie for Christmas eve.

2. Shannon says

1. Favorite Christmas CD/Song/Album? Some of my favorite songs are Silent Night, O Holy Night, What Child is This?, All I want for Christmas is you, Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, White Christmas, and It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year. Yeah, I have a few too many favorites. :)
    2. I count my two times a week gym class as my exercise, so…take the day off.
    3. I think we usually have pancakes for breakfast. I can’t even remember. We visit my mom’s side of the family on Christmas Day, so we get up and leave by 11 to get to my Grandma’s house.
    4. Now, we open our presents on Christmas Eve. The bad thing is that we don’t have the day to use them because we’re with family all day, but that’s OK.
    5. Real tree
    6. I don’t have Christmas PJ’s. I just wear my normal pajama shirt and pants (I do have more than one pair of PJ pants and a shirt, don’t worry).
    7. Christmas Eve dinner and opening of gifts at home, Christmas Day with my mom’s side of the family
    8. Cookies…yum, yum, yum!
    9. Open presents all at once
    10. It’s a Wonderful Life & Miracle on 34th Street (the old one, not the new one- the new one stinks compared to the original). I do like Elf, but I don’t watch it every year. I’m watching Elf during Writing class as part of my teacher’s “Christmas cheer” gift. :)

If I could ever get all my shopping done, I could actually start wrapping. It is kind of starting to stress me out!!

As a kid we also opened one gift on Christmas Eve and that is a tradition I have continued with my kids. It is so much fun!!
    Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..Christmas Survey

Old Navy PJ pants are where it’s at 😉
    Umm, so that picture of your Mom’s lasagna just made my stomach growl. Now I have a sleeping baby on my chest & I can’t move to get food…thanks a lot Court….JK! 😀
    SO jealous of your TSO concert this week…take me too?!
    Holly recently posted..One Month

5. Noelle says

My favorite CDs are a John Tesh instrumental Christmas CD, Harry Connick, and Michael Bubble. I always had an artificial tree growing up and still have one so they are my favorite. My grandma always made a pistachio cake with green icing decorated with marashino cherries (green frosting with red cherries) for Christmas for my brother’s and I December birthdays. My mom still carries on this tradition. I remember my grandpa acting like Santa and handing out Christmas presents…one of my best memories and traditions! We spend Christmas day here with our families at our house since we had kids. Easier that way!

6. Anna Leeson says

Last year I surprised my mom with TSO tickets for her December 8th birthday. IT WAS AWESOME. The music and light show were amazing, you’ll both love it :)

7. Raimie says

Running on Christmas morning would mean a) running in multiple feet of snow usually and b) putting on anything other than pajamas and eating stocking goodies! no thanks :)

ps- I borrowed your idea to put the laughing cow cinnamon cream cheese inside my sweet potato tonight and it was so yummy! definitely gonna happen again!

We have a Christmas morning brunch every year and it’s definitely one of my favorite things each year. Even the years that I haven’t been able to get home for Christmas, I’ve made sure to make myself an extra special breakfast. But I just realized, our breakfast has been missing mimosas! WHAT?!?!
    Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Burpee Ab Shred

Love this! It got me even more excited for Christmas, which I didn’t think was possible! I agree that running on Christmas day would just be insanity .. it’s all about the relaxing in your jammies and munching on Christmas treats heheh.
    Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets recently posted..i’m baaaack

Trackbacks

1. […] we are on the topic of Christmas, I figured I would chime in on this Christmas survey on Courtney’s blog yesterday. I love surveys and I’m all about Christmas right now, so it’s a perfect […]