You guys know me…I looooove me some fun surveys! I’ve seen this one floating around on a few blogs, and after reading it this morning on Holly’s blog, I figured I’d take a shot at it. Besides, I’m already in quite the festive mood after finishing up some Christmas wrapping!
1. Favorite Christmas Album/CD/Song? I actually have three: Mannheim Steamroller, Mariah Carey Christmas, and Tran Siberian Orchestra. All three of them have been playing in my car since Black Friday.
I am so wickedly excited for this Thursday’s TSO concert with mom!!
2. Run on Christmas morning or take the day off? Umm, no running for me. Even in the past, when exercise was an unhealthy obsession, I’m pretty sure Christmas morning has always been about cozy pajamas, opening presents, and eating a yummy breakfast.
3. What do you usually eat on Christmas morning? Speak of the devil…my family has been enjoying the same yummy breakfast for quite a few years now. The breakfast first started out as an Easter brunch tradition, after I received the recipes from my 7th grade Home & Careers class. I’m not quite sure when the tradition made its way to Christmas, but I love it.
And mimosas, of course.
4. Favorite holiday or Christmas tradition? This is a tough one, because I feel like some of our traditions have changed as the years have gone on. When I was little, we had traditions like being able to open one present on Christmas Eve Eve (yes, it’s such a thing), or my brother and I waiting patiently at the top of the stairs for our dad to set up the video camera.
Now that both my brother and I are moved out on our own, I feel like it’s very possible that we’ll be starting some new traditions in the years to come. That, to me, is exciting!
5. Real tree, fake tree or no tree? Fake tree. I always grew up with a fake tree, so I guess that’s what I’m used to. Plus, you can’t beat the falling pine needles!
I do, however, love the smell of a fresh cut tree…but that’s what candles are for.
6. Christmas pajamas… yay or nay? I never really used to get in to the whole Christmas pj’s thing, but last year I did wind up buying this shirt (I think from Old Navy?) and thought it was pretty cute.
I’ll be sporting that again this year, I’m sure.
7. Where do you spend the holidays? Jay and I are both VERY lucky in the sense that both of our families live very close to us. Most of the time, we spend Christmas Eve at his one aunt’s house and then my parents’ house.
On Christmas day, we head to my in-law’s house, then my parents’ house, and then up to Jay’s grandma’s house where we get to see Santa.
8. Food that you always have during the holiday season? Favorite Christmas food/treat? Oh man, that’s a tough one. I love all the Christmas cookies that me and mom make, but I also can’t get enough of mom’s Christmas lasagna.
Just looking at the stuff makes me crave it in a baaaad way.
9. Open presents all at once or take turns? This actually makes me laugh. All growing up, my brother and I would always take turns…at least we’d try to. But when we were younger, Dan would usually wind up opening his quicker, so when we got down to the end, he’d get all upset because he thought he had less than I did.
Now, we all just have fun taking turns however it happens.
10. Favorite Christmas(ish) movie? I have a few! I’ve said before that I’m a huge fan of National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation, but I also really do love A Christmas Story and Elf…which I think you guys already know.
Awww, now I’m reeeeally getting excited for Christmas!
Now let’s hear from all you guys and gals…feel free to answer any (or all!) of the questions above!