Couldn’t Let It Pass

Can you even believe that I wrote up all of this morning’s post without even acknowledging the fact that today is 12/12/12?!? I mean, I’m sure you’ve already heard it about 12,120 times today (bahaha) but you guys know how I am with numbers so I couldn’t let it pass by without giving it a shout out.

source

So today has been a pretty busy one; I was out the door fairly early for a dentist appointment (no cavities, woop!), which was followed up with a couple errands, and then some work back here at home.

Before leaving the house this morning, I put together a little breakfast of champions

Quaker Oatmeal Squares, Kellogg’s Smart Start (actually from the container I had leftover from when I visited Reebok last month – random, right?), banana slices, chia seeds (<—FYI: if you use my coupon code SAZ564 at iHerb.com, you can get the whole bag for less than $5!), and unsweetened vanilla almond milk.

Fast-forward a few hours (and an unphotographed mid-morning banana) later, and it was lunch time.

I was feeling totally indecisive but then I happened to spot the last piece of leftover chicken in the fridge and decided to use it up.

So I made a chicken, provolone, and spinach sandwich on whole wheat bread…

…and it totally knocked my socks off.

Shortly after lunch I also managed to get in some extra reps for my Closeout Workout Challenge (100 of them, to be exact!) and even tried out my new Reebok top.

(No, I didn’t work out in the jeans, juuuuust in case you were wondering.)

Hey, how’d Reebok know my favorite color is purple? I’m really loooooving the top! I wasn’t totally sure about it upon taking it out of the box (it just looked sort of plain) but I really like it on. Super comfy, nice stretchy fabric, and well, it’s purple. Winking smile

It’s not up on the Reebok site yet, but I believe it will be later this month, so be on the lookout!

How’s everyone’s Wednesday going so far?? Doing anything fun today?

Comments

• Courtney says

I used to only get the blue box (brown sugar, I think?) but am now eating the honey nut and they are just as good! Love ’em both :)

• Courtney says

Mostly just breakfast items for me, although I have sprinkled them in salads before. I know many other people like to use them to make chia pudding and other jellies, but I’ve never attempted that…yet. 😉

• Rochelle says

Sorry to butt in, but what are the benefits that you’ve seen from chia seeds? I heard that they are poison when broken open, similar to apple seeds, containing aresnic. I used to toss them into my smoothies, but then when I heard that, I stopped. Have you heard anything more definite?

• Courtney says

I’ve honestly never heard anything like that about chia seeds. I just tend to use them for their nutritional benefits (omega-3’s, etc.)

• Rochelle says

Okay, thanks! After posting my question, I started googling it and can’t seem to find anything like that anymore. Hmmm. I guess it’s time to incorporate those back into my smoothies, eh? 😉 If I’m able to find it again, though, I will be sure to share the info with ya.

Happy Wednesday to you! Hooray for no cavities. I am always so relieved to come out of the dentist without having to have scheduled another appointment right away! Yay for you!
    My Wednesday is so far so good. I signed up for my first ever half marathon today! Eeeek!
    Fizz recently posted..Half Moon Bay, Adventure Day!

I was pretty excited when I found out it was 12/12/12. Such a special day, especially since there won’t be another one!! I’m number obsessed too. That’s a cute shirt, I like the purple color!
    Lisa recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday

3. Luvena Cervantes says

Purple is my FAV too!!! WOndering which Chia seed on iherb is the one to use coupon code for? Thank you for that coupon BTW!! LOVE Chia seed!

• Courtney says

I’m not loyal to any particular brand…I have a few that I go back and forth with, and usually go with whatever is on sale. :)
      I think this particular loaf is somewhat of a local brand, Freihofer’s.