Wanna Hear Something Crazy?

This post is a little all over the place, as you’ll see below, so bear with me!

A little dark chocolate for dessert after lunch today? Don’t mind if I dooooo.

Last week, I received a lovely little package from Hershey’s, complete with their unsweetened cocoa powder, dark chocolate Bliss candies,

and even a couple delicious sounding recipes. YUM.

Hershey’s had reached out to share some fun info, so I thought I’d pass it along to all of you guys! We all hear about the benefits of dark chocolate, right? Well, here’s a little infographic which outlines just why it’s so nutritionally beneficial.

Potential Nutritional Benefits of Natural Cocoa & Dark Chocolate - Infographic
Potential Nutritional Benefits of Natural Cocoa & Dark Chocolate – Infographic

Disclaimer: I received product and information about the nutritional benefits of natural cocoa and dark chocolate from The Hershey Company.

As if I didn’t already need an excuse to eat chocolate. Winking smile

Don’t worry though…I did manage to have a little more than chocolate at lunch today.

Shortly before lunch though, around 11:00am, I started getting hungry so I headed to the kitchen for a snack. The first thing I happened to see when I opened the fridge was the mango peach salsa we have, so I grabbed that and some veggies. I know, it’s a weird combo – veggies with salsa – but it totally worked.

The only thing that was difficult was the dippage situation. Winking smile

Around 1:00pm, I heated up a bowl of butternut squash soup, and added in a few cooked rotini spirals and two pieces of crumbled turkey bacon.

I cannot recommend the addition of the turkey bacon enough. Holy moly was that good!

*****

Soooo, you guys wanna hear something crazy? These past couple of weeks I’ve actually had quite a bit going on behind the scenes…

I’M GOING TO BE STARTING A NEW JOB!

You may remember that, a while back, I mentioned that I was looking for something – at least part time – to get me out of the house. I’ve been missing the human interaction and was just sort of feeling like I needed something else in my life. I’d searched casually around on the internet, but never really came across anything that sparked my interest.

Well about two weeks ago, on a Monday afternoon, Jay happened to come across a job posting online that he thought I might be interested in. I checked it over, thought it sounded pretty great, and decided to submit my resume, not really anticipating too much of anything.

Well, by that evening, I received a phone call…the next day I had a phone interview…two days later I had an in-person interview…and by late Friday afternoon, I received a phone call and was offered the job. To say it was unexpected would be an understatement!

I took that weekend to really sort through everything and make the right decision. I discussed a lot of things with Jay, and the two of us determined that it really is a phenomenal opportunity for me, so on that following Monday I called back and accepted the job.

In terms of the job itself, I probably won’t get into too many details; although I will say that it’s not health, fitness, or education related. From what I can tell, it sounds like it’s going to incorporate a lot of my strong skills, including somewhat of a planning aspect, which I’m super psyched about (planning my parents’ surprise 25th wedding anniversary party for 50 people? Looooved it.)

As excited as I am about starting this new job (which will involve some training days over the next two weeks and then starting fully after the first of the year) I’m also a bit nervous. For one, this new job is not part time, by any means; it’s a full time, 8-5 deal.

It’s going to be a big adjustment for me, and I’m going to really have to work on managing my time between the job, family, the blog, and my personal training clients. For the time being, I’m holding off on accepting any new training clients, since I don’t want to take on more than I can handle (don’t worry, those of you who are already in a plan are totally fine!). Once I’m a few months in, I’ll re-evaluate and see where everything stands.

Sooooo, needless to say, I’ve had a whole bunch of emotions happening these past couple of weeks, and I’ve been trying to get prepared (tomorrow will include a shopping day with mom, since NONE of my dress clothes/pants fit me anymore) but I really am excited to start training next week!

I still fully intend to blog, as I could never give this up, so hopefully you guys will all stick with me along the way to see how things go. Smile

Comments

1. Gabrielle says

Congrats!!! Hopefully this is everything you want it to be :)

As for salsa and veggies?? It’s the best thing EVER! I’m OBSESSED with celery and salsa for a quick snack, love love love it!

2. Jessica says

Hi, I don’t comment much but read your blog religiously EVERY DAY…I was even driving through Albany not too long ago and said a friend of mine has talked about how good the ice cream is @ Stewart’s…a little creepy, probably but anyways….CONGRAT’s, I am so happy for you and know you will be successful!

3. Faith says

Woooohoo, congrats Courtney! I think blogs are the most relatable when the author is in the “real world” and has to fit exercise and good nutrition into the same schedule/restraints that most of the readers have. That’s where the real “balance” comes in…and I can’t wait to see how you do it!

So exciting! Congrats! I think it will be good for your blog. Most of your readers probably work so it’s nice to have an example of how to balance it with a healthy lifestyle! Good luck, you’ll do awesome!

Congrats Courtney! the new job sounds exciting. 😀 I’ve thought about quitting blogging before –or at least taking a break (school, working full time and marathon training was getting hectic) but I don’t think i ever could either-its my only creative outlet!
    Jen (@ jen is green) recently posted..Injured?

6. kristin says

Congratulations, that is amazing news. Can’t wait to hear about this new journey!

“We can’t be afraid of change. You may feel very secure in the pond that you are in, but if you never venture out of it, you will never know that there is such a thing as an ocean, a sea. Holding onto something that is good for you now, may be the very reason why you don’t have something better.”
    ― C. JoyBell C.

Congrats!! I am so excited for you!

Hopefully this new job will go well, and you’ll be happy! And on the whole 8-5 thing, sometimes it’s nice to have a little routine in your life. After working jobs that have hours that are all over the place, I honestly think I wouldn’t mind be able to plan out my life before an hour ahead of time.

Good luck! :)
    Brooke @ Running In Heels recently posted..My Favorite Treadmill Workouts

Congrats! That’s so exciting! :) I absolutely love planning too (also planned my parents 25th anniversary for 40-50 people) so from what little you said, sounds like a dream job to me. Working full time and blogging, keeping up with clients is a lot of work, but so many people do it, I’m sure you’ll be just fine! Right now, I’m in grad school full-time, working 30 hrs/week as an engineer, and blogging. It’s a lot, but when there’s a will there’s a way!
    Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..WIAW #15: Last Day of Classes

omg that is great newss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Especially with this economy — to find a full time job is amazing! I’m in the planning industry and it’s fun.. gets a little crazy but it’s fun :)

you’ll be able to balance everything out :) I am currently working 30 hours a week and just finished up my Masters– all about learning how to manage everything :)
    Rachel recently posted..Tea and random stuff

• Courtney says

Haha, noooo no no. It’s actually not even fully a planner position. It’s mostly executive assistant, with some planning in the mix. I guess I should have clarified a bit better on that 😉

10. Jennifer Dunham says

I just started a new job too and I couldn’t be happier! It was slightly scary and a lot of very emotional things have happened in the course of switching jobs but it’s so nice to do something you love and something you feel is a FIT for you!

• Courtney says

Thanks! It’s definitely not a party planner position though – I guess I should have clarified a bit on that. 😉 It’s more like executive assistant with some planning components to it!

11. Shannon says

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! How exciting. :)

Thanks for sharing the nutritional benefits of chocolate. Now I don’t feel so bad about eating chocolate all the time. I also didn’t know there was such a thing as blueberry juice until I read through the entire infographic. You always learn something new everyday…but I guess if you think about it, any fruit could be made into juice.

12. Mallory says

I’m happy for you, Courtney. I’ve been reading HLB’s for a little while now, and I’ve grown sick of so many of them or have found that the bloggers become disingenuous-sounding, but I’ve always enjoyed (and continue to enjoy!) reading yours. You seem like such a kind, genuine, and relatable person and I wish you the best with this new endeavor!

13. Suzanne says

Congratulations! It’s natural to feel nervous with something new, but knowing you from the small snapshots of what I see on your blog, you’ll do great!

14. Angel G says

Congrats!
    I’ve been reading your blog daily for a year or so and never commented before. Can’t wait to hear more about the new job. Good luck you’ll do great! Hoping you’re doing we’ll with the HA. Update soon I hope!

Congrats, Courtney….that is awesome news!!! I hope the job turns out to be everything you hope it will be and more!!

As a SAHM for the past few years I am also ready to get back to the job market. My youngest starts Kindergarten next year and though I have no idea what I want to do when I go back to work, I for sure want it to be something that excites and challenges me. It is time to work my brain again:-)!!
    Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..Christmas Survey

16. Amanda says

What an exciting holiday season! Congrats on the new job. You’ll be great! :) Don’t stress too much, it’s not worth it. It happened for a reason. Congrats again!

Congrats Courtney! I have to admit I was a little worried you were gonna say you were done with blogging and that would mean no more Cody, oh and you;) I wish you could tell us what your doing! Will you ever be able to?
    Lyric recently posted..Funky

18. Karen says

Congrats! That is awesome!! If it has anything to do with event or meeting planning, you will love it! I do that now and it’s the best!!

Congratulations!!
    That’s awesome and I’m sure that you will have no problemo balancing everything out.
    It’s also inspiring to hear that you went for something not related to any of your fields. I feel like I’m in a similar situation to you right now; searching for something and missing being around and actually interacting with people, but not really looking for anything that I’m probably ‘educated’ in doing.
    You give me hope!
    Go get em lady!

20. Nicole says

Congrats on the new opportunity!! Be easy on yourself as you re-calibrate your schedule to make everything work (I know you will….I just know that I’m guilty of being hard on myself when things take time to re-balance!)

Congrats on the new job.. I can’t wait to hear more about it. The Hershey’s brownie recipe is the BOMBB!! I used to B’s cause it’s just. that. good. :) I do believe it’s on the box of cocoa and if not just google it.. it’s my favorite brownie recipe. :)

22. Rose says

Congrats on the new job! But now I’m curious what it’s about since it has nothing to do with anything you’ve done before :p

Congrats on your new job!! I currently work full-time, blog, teach group fitness classes, and I am planning a wedding…oh and I try to hang out and relax too!! Don’t worry :) It will take some adjusting at first, but I think this is a great opportunity for you! Good luck and have fun shopping!!

Congratulations! Damn, I was hoping you’d be going into the cupcake making business 😉 We will all be patient as you make this transition. Make sure you keep enough family and YOU time to keep your sanity in check. Yay, I’m excited for you! Lets celebrate…with more dark chocolate!
    Bek @ Crave recently posted..Nut Butters

25. Emily says

I think its great that you have a job again! I enjoy blogs so much more when the author has a job and life outside of just “healthy living” – it makes them so much more relatable. Best of luck in your new position.

Courtney, I’m SO SORRY for my delay in congratulating you…I really was not online AT ALL this weekend/ the end of last week so I missed the big news :(
    But HUGE CONGRATS! SO HAPPY for you!!! XO