Mother-Daughter Night at TSO

by Courtney on December 14, 2012

Well goooood morning and happy FRIDAY to you all!! How’ everyone doing this morning? Although I’m a little bit tired after a late night and early morning this morning, it was totally worth it after last night’s concert.

But I’ll get to that in juuuuuust a sec.

I had plans to pick up my mom for the concert around 6pm last night, and by the time 5:20 rolled around, I realized that I should probably make myself some dinner. Seeing as though it was basically last minute, my choices were limited…but the choice I did make was so. freakin’. delicious.

I put together a grilled egg, provolone, spinach, and turkey bacon sandwich (with a little ketchup in the middle, of course!) and I cannot even tell you how much it hit the spot. I need these in my life more often…whether it’s for breakfast, lunch, OR dinner.

Once that was scarfed down, I was out the door to get mom and then head to the TSO concert!

We, surprisingly enough, got there a bit early, so we grabbed our seats and just hung out and chatted for a bit.

We also picked up some popcorn on our way to our seats, so we snacked on that throughout the night. It was some pretty darn good popcorn, too. Smile

The first half of the concert was good, but was actually a bit slow for my liking. My favorite thing about Tran Siberian Orchestra is the music/instruments, and it seemed like a majority of the first half was singing. I mean, don’t get me wrong, the singers were phenomenal, but I needed something a little more upbeat.

By the second half, however, things definitely perked up a bit and all of my favorite songs were belted out in full force.

And they even ended the concert with one of my favorite songs of theirs, Carol of the Bells, which TOTALLY made the show.

Definitely a great night out with mom!!

Now, this morning, I’m actually back at mom and dad’s and blogging to you all from here before we head out for the day. It actually worked out perfectly because I had to stop over quickly this morning at the new job to pick up some paperwork…

IMG_0771-001

Looks like I’ve got some weekend reading material ahead of me, eh?

Speaking of the new job, thank you so much for all of your wonderful congrats and well wishes. They really do mean a lot! I also, after reading, probably should have clarified that the new job is not any sort of “wedding” or “party” planner (although that does sound fun!). The planning piece is only a small part of the job, as most of the job duties (from what I can tell) are actually mostly acting as the executive assistant for the execs of the company.

Honestly, being back there again this morning just further proved my excitement for the new changes coming my way. The company just seems absolutely amazing, and anyone I’ve encountered so far is so nice. I feel incredibly blessed to have found, what I think will be, an amazing opportunity! Smile

Alright, looks like mom is giving me the “let’s gooooo, Courtney” eye, so it’s time to jet – I’ll catch you all a bit later!

P.S. – I’ve gotten a heads up from a few of you saying that the blog is showing an old post from 12-12 when you bring it up. I checked things out with Ryan, my tech guy, and he said things should be all cleared up. If you’re experiencing this (annoying) problem, clearing your browser history should do the trick. If not though, please feel free to email me and let me know – gotta make sure this is all cleared up!

1 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat December 14, 2012 at 9:47 am

I’ve never been to TSO but I’ve always wanted to go – maybe next year!
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..12 Days of Christmas

2 Lyric December 14, 2012 at 9:48 am

Concerts are a lot of fun. I have never thought of adding egg to a sandwich.. it kind of freaks me out.
Lyric recently posted..Stir-Fry Is The Way To Go.

3 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More December 14, 2012 at 9:49 am

Looks like a fun evening! I somehow missed that post so I had to go back and check it out, congrats! :)

I’m really trying to figure out what I’m doing and looking for the right thing, so send some of your positive new job vibes my way. haha
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Fitness Friday – It’s For YOU!

4 Molly @ Just Your Average Athlete December 14, 2012 at 10:01 am

Those TSO pictures have me sooooo excited to go to the concert next weekend!!!
Molly @ Just Your Average Athlete recently posted..Winter At-Home Circuit Workout

5 Natalie @ Free Range Human December 14, 2012 at 10:03 am

Looks like a fun time! I love the Trans-Siberian!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Ab Work

6 alyssa - life a la wife December 14, 2012 at 10:03 am

I’ve heard the TSO Concerts are amazing! Hopefully one day I’ll get the chance.

Congratulations on the new job :) Doesn’t it feel great when you make the right decision!
alyssa – life a la wife recently posted..Holiday Party 2012

7 Kate December 14, 2012 at 10:05 am

Congratulations on your new job!!!
Have fun shopping!!

8 Danielle December 14, 2012 at 10:30 am

That looks like a lot of reading! Hopefully parts of it are entertaining. I learned in my psych class that if you study or read after working out that you are more likely to remember things! Just a little tip :)
Danielle recently posted..I Found Some Free Time

9 Amanda @ .running with spoons. December 14, 2012 at 10:32 am

I’ve never been to a TSO concert, but I’d love to go! Glad to hear you had a great time with your mom – you both look gorgeous :) And congrats again on the new job.
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... thinking out loud #10 .

10 Liz @ Tip Top Shape December 14, 2012 at 10:34 am

I’m not a huge fan of TSO. I know — that makes me in the minority, lol. It looks like a fun concert, though! Glad you and your mom had a good time :D
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Panna Cotta with Fresh Strawberries

11 Brooke @ Running In Heels December 14, 2012 at 10:49 am

I have wanted to see the TSO for as long as I can remember! SO FUN that you and your mom got to go together!! I hope you had the time of your life :)

Paperwork is the worst.. but I am so excited for you!
Brooke @ Running In Heels recently posted..5 Mile Interval Run

12 Stefanie @ Thin Vegetarian December 14, 2012 at 10:59 am

Glad you enjoyed the concert! I haven’t been to one is sooo long…
Stefanie @ Thin Vegetarian recently posted..Holiday Gift Guide

13 Michelle@Peachy Palate December 14, 2012 at 11:14 am

Nothing like a fun mother daughter night, totally in need of one myself! Mums are just the best! :)
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Pumpkin Cake!

14 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers December 14, 2012 at 11:22 am

Congrats on your new job! I wish you the best of luck!!! The concert with your Mom looks like so much fun! Enjoy your Friday and weekend!!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Blueberry Muffin Bread

15 Katie December 14, 2012 at 11:43 am

Looks like a fun night indeed! I love mama time
Katie recently posted..Fun Friday Memories

16 Kerry @ Totes My Oats December 14, 2012 at 11:48 am

What a great evening with your mom! And that sandwich…. sounds like a winner!
Kerry @ Totes My Oats recently posted..Butternut Squash Soup

17 Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire December 14, 2012 at 11:48 am

You guys are so cute! I remember one year, my mom and dad took us to a Manheim Steamrollers concert and all I kept saying to them was “this place smells like old people”. Oh, how the times have changed, haha. Have fun shopping today! Your momma is absolutely adorable and the best for always being there with you!

18 Emily N December 14, 2012 at 11:51 am

Sarajevo 12/24. not carol of the bells. *winks*
My dad and I have gone to this show for the past 9 YEARS, it seems crazy, but this years was different, so that was fun, but I also likedthe second half better than the first. I actually thought the STORY was really sad this year! Much more so than in the past!
Emily N recently posted..Workouts and 2013 plans

19 Danica @ It's Progression December 14, 2012 at 12:47 pm

sounds like such a fun night out with your mom! I don’t know that I’ve ever listened to TSO actually? I’ll try to make that happen soon ;)
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..fun facts friday

20 Nicole @ livingthesweetlifestl.wordpress.com December 14, 2012 at 1:11 pm

I Love TSO…glad you had a great time. You and your mom look so similar!
Nicole @ livingthesweetlifestl.wordpress.com recently posted..Firsts

21 Candice December 14, 2012 at 1:41 pm

Good luck with the new job! I’m sure your going to rock it!
Candice recently posted..Runners Ultimate Gift Guide

22 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles December 14, 2012 at 1:50 pm

Glad you liked the concert – I’ve seen them a couple of times and they never disappoint!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Five Thing Friday.

23 Annette@FitnessPerks December 14, 2012 at 2:57 pm

I’ve been to a TSO concert! AMAZING. Love their stuff.
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..A Day in the Life

24 Lauren December 14, 2012 at 3:28 pm

I used to love TSO but I think their music got a little too techo for me in the past few years. Still such a great concert though! Glad you got to spend a lovely night out with your mama!
Lauren recently posted..Friday Confessions

25 eliza December 14, 2012 at 4:36 pm

you and your mom are STUNNINGLY beautiful!!

26 Meghan @ After the Ivy League December 14, 2012 at 5:58 pm

You and your mom are too cute! Looks like a great concert, I love seeing concerts like that this time of year!
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..Random Life Updates via Elf4Health

27 Kristen @ notsodomesticated December 14, 2012 at 7:13 pm

My husband took me to see TSO last year for our anniversary, and I felt the same way. I loved it, but I was like, “Stop singing, and give us a show!” ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Not one, but TWO cookie recipes!

28 Megan@funsizedfitness December 14, 2012 at 7:42 pm

Carol of the Bells is my favorite TSO song ever!
Megan@funsizedfitness recently posted..What A Day…

29 Bek @ Crave December 14, 2012 at 8:15 pm

Cool concert. Haha, light reading aye? Goodluck getting through it! Aren’t eggs on toasted sandwiches/burgers just so good? I hope the yolks was runny and delicious!
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Nut Butters

30 Brittany Peters December 14, 2012 at 10:35 pm

Looks like an awesome concert!
Brittany Peters recently posted..Winterlicious Tag

31 Alaina December 14, 2012 at 10:38 pm

I love TSO! I saw them back in 2005. They come to Boston every year so I really need to get to another show. :-) Looks like a fun evening with your mom!
Alaina recently posted..Run Hundred–Top 10 Workout Songs for December 2012

32 Angela @ Health's Angel December 15, 2012 at 9:37 am

Beautiful mom and daughter pair :) looks like a great night out. And again, congrats on the job!!!
Angela @ Health’s Angel recently posted..Handmade Gifts

33 katie Carso December 15, 2012 at 12:15 pm

So fun! I always wanted to see TSO! I listen to a couple of my favorite christmas songs by them all year, haha! :)
katie Carso recently posted..Double Date Night and Fear

34 Angela December 16, 2012 at 1:20 am

TSO sounds amazing! This year we went to Straight No Chaser in concert and it was amazingggggg! Both my husband and I agreed that it was the best concert we’ve been to!
Angela recently posted..The beginning.

35 Dee December 16, 2012 at 3:44 pm

I love your hair in the 5th pic! How do you get that volume??

36 Courtney December 16, 2012 at 6:08 pm

Thanks! Hairspray ;)

37 Jessamy @ The Rambling Asian December 18, 2012 at 12:28 pm

Yeah, I have never been to a TSO concert but have heard they were AWESOME!!! :)
Jessamy @ The Rambling Asian recently posted..A New Chapter