A Life Changing Post

There are seriously so many things I love about Christmas…the overall holiday spirit, the decorations, the gift of giving, the gifts (I’m human, what can I say?), the music… Amongst my friends, I’m pretty much the first one to start getting festive for the holiday season, and I can still remember being in college and belting out Mariah Carey’s Christmas album in my dorm room to my not-quite-as-festive roommate.

But I think one of my favorite things would also have to be putting up the tree. Every year, on Black Friday, the tree is up in my house. It was like that all while growing up, and it continues to happen the same way today.

Part of the reason I so enjoy putting up the tree is because it’s always just so pretty to look at; but as fun as it is admiring it, I really love going through all of the ornaments and reflecting on the memories behind them.

For example, this was the first ornament that I bought for Jay and I before we moved in together in 2008. I saw them at a craft show and was so excited to personalize it, knowing it was going to be on our tree.

Another one that brings back amazing memories is this ornament that we got while on our honeymoon in St. Lucia.

Man, that was one incredible trip. I could relive those memories over and over and over again!

Every year since Jay and I moved in together, my mother-in-law also gets us a new Hallmark ornament. They’ve ranged from everything to cute, lovey-dovey, and funny, and this year’s may just be my favorite one yet.

Because I mean, really…who doesn’t love “THE lamp” from A Christmas Story? Winking smile

This year, the tree also has another new one on there, thanks to my friend Christina who made us our adorable little family ornament.

As much as I love that ornament though, I realized after looking at it closely that it was actually missing something!

You probably wouldn’t be able to notice it if I didn’t point it out, but I still wanted to make it perfect, so I called Christina and asked her if she might be able to make me a new one.

Sure enough, she was able to make a brand new one for me, which now has the WHOLE family on there…

Can you tell what was missing now?

Although my belly certainly isn’t as big as my snow person portrays (yet), we definitely do have a little one in there…

And “Baby Tooth” will be making an appearance this coming July!

To say we are thrilled would probably be the understatement of the year. Winking smile

Comments

1. Sarah says

Congratulations!!! Long time reader, but know you’ve been trying for a while, such a lovely time of year to surprise everyone too!!!

2. Alyssa @ LIfe of blyss says

Eeeee I feel like I’ve been waiting for this post for years and years!

So so so excited for you. I can’t say it enough. And I love the way you made the big announcement.

I’m doing heel clicks and fist pumps just for you and Baby tooth today.

Xoxoxo
    Alyssa @ LIfe of blyss recently posted..Surgery #3: This and That

3. Heather says

Congratulations to you and jay…. Such amazing news for Christmas!! Love the ornament too!! Can’t wait to read your upcoming posts as you go through your pregnancy and preparations for the baby. Hope you are feeling well!

4. Libby says

Yaaaaaaay!! Congratulations!! I wondered if this post was coming soon, and I am so so so happy for all of you! and maybe because I am older than most of your readers but I can not help but think of your sweet Mom!! I bet she is just over the moon and already shopping and making plans for this sweet blessing!

5. Holly says

Congratulations!! I’ve been reading your blog for awhile now and have been waiting anxiously for this post :) SO so excited for you and your growing family!

6. Caitlin @ This Bride's Joyride says

I have been following your blog since the start and reading this post this morning made my day! Many congrats to you and Jay and I can’t wait to read everything to come!
    Caitlin @ This Bride’s Joyride recently posted..Protected: Dirty laundry

7. Nichole says

Congratulations to you and Jay! I am a long time reader, but have never commented before; upon reading this news, I couldn’t resist. This is wonderful news! Enjoy the holidays and every moment of your pregnancy :-)

8. Kate says

yay Courtney!
    I’m so excited for you & Jay & for your whole family too!
    Such an exciting time! I’m looking forward to reading all about your journey!
    Hope to see you soon!

9. Juliene says

I had been suspecting you might be expecting for a few weeks but you threw me off with the alcoholic beverages! Congrats to you both. A baby is such a miracle especially after what you recently had to go through. I am expecting my second and I can honestly say that they are the best things I have ever done in my life! All the best to you for a healthy pregnancy!

10. Lisa says

Im a Long time reader, but don’t comment often.
    Many many congratulations!!! I had my first in July and I think it’s the best time of year. Enjoy your pregnancy. Congrats on the new job too :)

11. Courtney says

Ahhhh I knew it!!! As soon as I saw the title of this post I was so excited I almost just scrolled right down to the end. Congratulations!!!! Can’t wait to follow along your new journey!

OMG! I knew it!! With all the strange food items lately (things that were “just hitting the spot”) I thought for sure you were pregnant. Congratulations!! Welcome to the club. Ours is due in May. It’s an exciting time. Enjoy every moment of it!

13. Cappy says

So excited for you Courtney! I love your blog and read it daily but don’t usually comment, however I couldn’t let this post pass without sending my good wishes on to you and Jay!!! And congrats on the new job too….. big changes for you in 2013!!

14. Nicolette says

Congratulations! And you shared the news in such a wonderful way – I loved the tie in with Christmas memories.

What a great Christmas gift!

15. Danielle says

Yes! I am Goooood thrilled for you…I had a feeling you might be expecting a little one! Cody is getting a brother or sister! Congrats girl!

16. Bri says

OMG! I feel so cheesy/lame for being so excited for someone I’ve never even met in real life but I am SO, SO happy for you. Congratulations, Courtney and Jay!

17. Marcie says

Congratulations! I am so happy for you and your family! I just had a son this past March and you are in for the best time of your life. Enjoy every minute!

18. Laura says

wow, this is oh so exciting!! so happy for you!! I’d LOVE for you to do a follow up post describing how all this happened, and your experience with HA and this.. it’s amazing what just gaining a little weight will do, right?! How long did it take??! SO EXCITING!!

19. Dandi says

Ah!! I am SO excited for you all! Seriously, through reading your posts, you truly are such an amazing person and I absolutely love your blog. Congratulations again! Can’t wait for all the baby posts to start!

20. Katie says

Yay!!! I have never commented, but have been reading for quite awhile. I think you and Jay are such sweet people so it’s nice to see you have something so wonderful to announce! I announced my (long-awaited, very tough to achieve) pregnancy at Christmas last year with a stork ornament and my daughter was born in July. Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy!

21. Cristina says

Congrats to you both!!!! This post honestly made my morning, you have been through so much and this is a huge blessing! So excited for you!

22. Kristin says

Congratulations Courtney! I am also a long time reader/not much of a commenter but I really look forward to reading your posts every day. :) So exciting for you and your family!

23. Traci says

Awww, congratulations! I’m so happy for you guys (I’ve been following your blog for a few years now). This must be so sweet after the journey it took to get here. Wishing you lots of lucky and happiness.

24. Katy says

OMG this is soooo exciting! I am pregnant too (due in June) and I can’t wait to hear your updates and compare :) I’m the first of my friends to get pregnant so I rely on the blog world a lot for my pregnancy girl talk! I can’t wait to follow your journey!

• Katy says

Also I will say that when I read in a post you put up the other day that you hadn’t been a fan of salads lately…I suspected it haha. I am 13 weeks and just started to eat (some) veggies again!

25. Alyssa says

Congratulations Courtney!!! I am so excited for you and your family!!! I have been reading your blog for a while now so I know that you have been through a lot, so you must have been beyond excited to find out about your little one!! I am also expecting a little one in June!! Again, congrats and enjoy your pregnancy :)

26. Colleen says

Congratulations! I’m pregnant too (due in May) so I am excited to see how everything goes for you! Enjoy the ride! :)

27. Carly says

YAY! Congrats to you! I’ve been reading your blog for awhile and don’t comment very often, but I felt compelled to say congrats! Looking forward to reading about your pregnancy! :)

28. Hali D says

Congrats Courtney!!! Congrats to Jay, too. I’m so thrilled for you guys. You will be great parents! I was hoping to see a post like this soon. So much excitement for you guys lately!!! Congrats again!

29. Serena says

Congrats! I have a little one due in July as well. Haven’t made it fully public so I’m sure you were super excited to let the cat out of the bag! Best of luck on a happy and healthy pregnancy!

30. Steph says

Congratulations!! I’m due in July with my first as well – it’s such an exciting, nerve racking, amazing time. I’m so glad to hear that making a few simple lifestyle changes allowed you to heal your HA and receive the excitement of this little one :) Looking forward to following along with you over the next 6 months!

31. Mary says

OH MY GOD! I AM SO EXCITED! THIS IS AMAZING NEWS! CONGRATS! I cannot wait to see your cute little baby..hopefully you will tell us the sex! (I am so impatient) :)

Congratulations! I’ve been reading your blog for some time now and I am very happy for you and Jay! You will be a beautiful happy family :) Thank you for sharing with all of us! :)

33. Mallory says

Had a feeling after reading last night that this was the post I would see this morning! Soooo happy and excited for you!

34. Jessica says

CONGRATS!!!!! As a new mom (I have a 3 month old), I can tell you it is AMAZING!! You will be great parents and Cody will be a fantastic brother :)

35. Nicole says

Oh my goodness, congratulations!!! What exciting news – I am so happy for you and your husband! And what a fun way to make the baby announcement!

36. Alexandra says

CONGRATS!!! After everything that you have been through I can only imagine how thrilled and grateful you are!! What a blessing!! Best Christmas gift ever huh?

37. Jackie says

Although I do not comment that much, I have been reading your blog for a few years now and have always looked forward to reading your posts everyday. After everything you have been through the past few months, I can’t express how happy I am for you. CONGRATS to you & Jay! You deserve this and I can’t wait to read in the upcoming months about baby tooth :)

38. Val says

Congrats! I’m a long time reader, never posted before, but yours is my favorite blog to read everyday- you just seem so real and down to earth, with reasonable goals, expectations and seem to be someone who knows to have fun in life, etc…and from what I’ve gathered from reading over the years this news couldn’t happen to a nicer couple. So, just wanted to pop in and say congratulations!

Congratulations to you and Jay! What wonderful news– and what a clever way to announce it! Hope you’re feeling well. I’m looking forward to following your pregnancy on the blog!

40. Megan S. says

Congrats!! So happy that everything worked out health wise for you to have such a wonderful miracle come into your lives next year!

41. caitlin says

what a surprise! ive been reading for awhile and im so giddy and happy for you!!!! what a cute ornament! cant wait to read the journey with you :)

42. Karleen says

Omg!!!! Congrats Courtney!!!! So happy for you and your hubby! Looking forward to your updates this coming year! What a great Xmas present

Ahhhhh!!!! That is so amazing! So happy for you. Long time reader, and your blog has been my absolute favourite for a long time. You seem so genuine and real, and it makes you so relatable. Out of all the “baby on the way” posts that have been going around recently, I am the most excited about this one! Congrats!!

44. Lindsay A says

Ahhhhh!!!! Congratulations! So happy for you! I just got chills! I know you must be the most excited momma to be ever!

45. Michaela says

Congratulations! Having a child is the most amazing experience, there is nothing like being a mommy! You will be a great mother! So many awesome changes going on in your life! Enjoy every second of everything!

46. emily says

Congratulations Courtney!!! So, so happy for you!!! We’re expecting our first in April, so I’m looking forward to hearing all about your pregnancy!! :)

47. stephanie**s says

YAY CONGRATS! I had a feeling for a few weeks now you might be, not sure why. But then I’d see the strategic placement of alcoholic beverages and figured no way! :) so happy for you guys! cant wait to follow this journey!

CONGRATS!!!! I am so ridiculously excited for you, I know that this is what you’ve been wanting and you deserve it. Pregnancy is a beautiful journey and you’re going to love it! Can’t wait to hear more about it and I’m excited to be on the same journey at the same time as a lot of my favorite bloggers :)

49. Britt says

OMG OMG OMG!!!!
    So excited for you!!!!!! Wow!!! That is so awesome :)
    Please do more updates on your pregnancy as you progress…dr’s appointments, ultrasounds, baby clothing hauls, showers, the WORKS!!

(Ok I am a little too excited!)

CONGRATS GIRL!
    By the way, I think we are long lost twins. You sound just like me with putting up the tree black Friday and getting new ornaments and how much you love putting them up and remembering the fun times when you got them! I can’t wait to follow along with your pregnancy!
    Heather recently posted..Stay Connected

51. April Miller-Rose says

Oh MY GOODNESS!! Congratulations!! I have seriously been waiting for this day ever since I fell in love with you and your blog!! This is incredible! Congratulations to you and jay! This is definitely a life changing post and i cannot wait to watch and read the progress of your pregnancy! I’m so happy for you two! I wish i could give you a hug personally! :)

52. Jennifer says

So HAPPY for you both! You’ll be an amazing mom. Honestly as a mom of a 2 year old little boy. It is a love/joy you truly never have known. It’s like life never had this much meaning until having him…and I am madly in LOVE with my husband.

53. Karen says

CONGRATS That is so amazing and I wish you all the best best you and the lil munchkin! You are such a positive light in the blog world.

I had to type this here because I had to get it out –
    I took 2 pregnancy tests this morning and both positive.. going on my lunch from work to the walk in to do blood work to confirm.. I cannot wait to tell my hubby christmas morning I am going to get him an ornament too and stuff it at the bottom of his stocking

54. Kristin M says

Congratulations Courtney and Jay!! What a wonderful blessing!!! I am long time reader so I am SO happy for you!! Can’t wait to hear how you found out and how you told your family (if you want to share that is) :)
    Congrats again! What an exiting time for you guys!!

55. Taylor says

Courtney I am SO excited for the two (well, three including Cody!) of you!

I need to tell you that this news is such a motivation and inspiration for myself and I’m sure so many others; your body was at a point where you weren’t sure if you would be able to have children, but you pulled yourself up by the bootstraps and helped to heal your body and bring it back to optimal health – needless to say, you are a very, VERY strong woman<3

56. Jess says

Ahhh congrats! I just came very close to spitting out my coffee mid sip all over my computer screen hahaha, I was not expecting that! You and Jay are going to be such amazing parents, that baby is already so blessed <3 So glad to finally hear some good news amidst all this tragedy!

57. Sarah says

Congratulations Courtney!!!

I read your blog everyday and am sooo excited for you guys! Such an awesome way to start of the holiday season and the new year!!

58. Jennifer Dunham says

Congratulations! Have been reading for awhile and following your ups and downs and so happy the outcome is so fantastic!! Congratulations!! Enjoy this time!!

59. Christina says

Congratulations Courtney! I’m a long time reader and just know you’ll be a wonderful mother. So much to be excited for during this holiday season. I would LOVE it if you wrote about your pregnancy along the way as part of your blog…even if you don’t think everyone will be interested, another blog I read set up a separate page for family and pregnancy updates and I’ve loved following along. Best of luck during your pregnancy and beyond!!!!!!!! Merry Christmas!

AHHHHHHHHHH!!! Congratulations!!! :) :) I hope you aren’t feeling icky and just loving pregnancy. It’s the best! I’m at 23 weeks and am loving every moment, especially finding out gender and laying in bed at night with my tea and she starts doing her ballet routine in my belly. NOTHING turns your day around than that little pitter patter. I’m so happy for you guys!
    Leslie recently posted..It’s beginning…

61. Kathleen says

As soon as I saw the title of your post two thoughts came to mind … one was that you were giving up blogging :( or two, you were pregnant. So glad to hear you’re pregnant and not giving up blogging. Congratulations!!! Very happy for you :)

62. Janet says

Hi Courtney! I’ve been reading your blog for a very long time and have never commented but I love reading your blog and I just wanted to say Congratulations to you and Jay ! :)

63. Sarah says

I feel like I just found out a good friend was pregnant! Sounds crazy but I’ve been reading your blog so long I’m so happy for you! CONGRATS :)

64. Leigh H says

CONGRATULATIONS! I’m also expecting my second child in July! I can’t wait to hear the updates along the way! It’s such an exciting time in your life!!

65. Katie G says

AAAAAAAAAAAAH OMG OMG OMGGGG!!! 😀 CONGRATS COURTNEY! I’ve been reading for so long now and my face just lit up reading this!! I’m so so hapy for you I cannot stop smiling!!
    WE NEED DETAILS PLEASE . oh my goodness this is so exciting, congrats again!

66. Karlee says

CONGRATS!!! (I have been secretly waiting for you to announce this :P). That is so amazing. I can’t wait to read all about your journey :)

You are going to be an amazing mommy :)

67. Kate says

OH MY GOSH my stomach was rising up in my throat because if you weren’t going to announce you were pregnant i was going to be so upset hahaah CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

Congrats Courtney! I am so happy for you and Jay, and can’t wait to hear more about your pregnancy and preperations for “Baby Tooth”! Merry Christmas!

69. Christa says

Congratulations!! You guys are going to be awesome parents! And I’m sure Cody will be an equally awesome big brother 😉

70. Amy Risner says

Courtney,
    I have tears (of joy) in my eyes right now for you. You have gone through so much with your HA and all the things that come with it. I can’t even put it into words how excited and happy I am for you. You and Jay deserve this so, so much! Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and CONGRATULATIONS!!
    Amy

71. Lauren says

Congratulations!!!!! I’m a longtime reader and I know how much you’ve been working to make this happen. You’re an inspiration and I can’t think of anyone who deserves this more!!

72. Teri says

Congrats Courtney and Jay! A perfect time for baby news…you two will be wonderful parents. I am looking forward to all your baby updates!

73. Heather says

Congratulations!!! I have been reading and loving your blog for some time and have been praying for a post like this ever since hearing about HA diagnosis! I hope things are going well for you and not too much sickness! Also, congrats on your new job! I hope to hear (officially) what you will be doing there!! Merry Christmas!!

74. Tracey says

So excited for you and Jay and congratulations! You will be wonderful parents and I’m so happy you have overcome your HA diagnosis!

75. Smile says

I knew it! All the not so healthy choices that you were finally enjoying and the lack of drinks made me think for sure you were prego……also hope you can’t get out of that all inclusive

76. Gigi says

Congrats Courtney!!! Long time reader (since the blog was a baby! ;)) and just want to say coming to your blog everyday really makes my day! You are such an inspiration, and I am so excited to hear this news!!! :)

77. crystal d. says

Yay!!! I am so happy for you and Jay!!!!! Congrats!!!!! I am 7 months pregnant with our first (a little boy!!) and it is just so exciting. Everyday is a new adventure but it is an adventure that I am enjoying and everyday I look forward to what new changes my body is going through. It seems like a lot of the blogs I read the woman either just had a baby or are preggers and it is fun to be able to add your blog to that list!! Again congrats to you and Jay (and Cody too!!) and I can’t wait to read more details on how things are going and to someday see Baby Tooth!! P.S. I haven’t done it yet but I keep meaning to order that preggers snowman ornament!!!! Too freaking cute!!!

78. Kaelin says

Congrats to you and Jay!!! I wondered if you were pregnant… and now a new job and a baby! 2013 will be a great year for your family!!! :)

79. Jennifer says

Congratulations!!!!!!!! That is so exciting and such wonderful news around the holidays, especially with the stuff you went through several months back with HA!!

80. Juile says

My mouth literally dropped when reading this …CONGRATS!!!! So excited for you and your little one on the way! You will be a great mom!

Congratulations!! I had wondered if this would be coming soon, that’s so exciting :) you’ll be a great mom, and I LOVE the little Jets jersey as a fellow fan!
    Melissa recently posted..MIA

82. Bryna says

Congratulations! I had a feeling that you were pregnant and I am very excited to hear and see your journey with the pregnancy!

P.S. How did you tell Jay?

83. Jen says

Oh My Goodness Courtney!!!!! Long time reader and commenter here….CONGRATULATIONS X1238926178596!!!!!!!!!!!!! So happy for you and Jay!!

84. Meaghan V. says

Congratulations, Courtney! It took me over 5 years to get pregnant with my first child; I know the joy you must be feeling! My sons are now 6 & 3, and I am thankful everyday that I am lucky enough to be their mom. Enjoy!

85. Mariska says

Congratulations! I’m so happy for you! Especially after all you’ve been through. I know you’ve gone through a very difficult time and I’m so happy that you finally got pregnant! I’m really looking forward to all your stories about your pregnancy and can’t wait to see your little one in july. xo

86. Angie says

OMG!! Congratulations!! i’ve recently just fallen in love with your blog and have been spending a lot of time reading older posts!!! :) That’s AWESOME!! I’m pregnant with our first little baby (girl) in February!!! SO excited for you!

87. Anna says

Congratulations to you and Jay, Courtney! Thank you for sharing your amazing life with us! You were the first healthy living blog I stumbled upon and after that, there was no going back! I was hooked :) Happy holidays!

88. Marie says

Yay! Congrats. I am so happy for you both. I love hearing news like this and can’t wait to share in your journey and to see the little one later! I will definitely pray for you and the baby! 😉 yay!!!

I sooo had a feeling! When you mentioned the other day that you weren’t wanting salads recently, I was going to comment and say “Maybe you’re pregnant!” Because I couldn’t go near salad for about the first 14 weeks of my pregnancy! 😉

Congratulations to you! I am so so happy for you and your husband. If you ever want to talk pregnancy, email me! Me and Ash (from Food and Fitness Diaries) are due just one day apart, and we text each other all the time to talk about this stuff. We’d love to include you in our conversations!! :)
    Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..24 Weeks: Bathing suit shopping while pregnant should be illegal.

90. Shannon says

Congratulations, Courtney!! How exciting :) I am so happy for you and your family. I can’t wait to hear all about your journey. Happy Holidays!

91. Eva says

I’ve read your blog for quite a while now and never commented, but I think now is the perfect time to start! Congratulations! I’m also expecting in July, so I look forward to hearing about your experiences!

92. Molly L says

I think this may be my first time commenting but YAY I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU! Congratulations! And also I have to add that this was probably the most creative way to announce it! I kept on thinking, what is so life changing about a christmas tree haha! And then to see the ornament… just, AMAZING!

93. dee says

I read an Instagram comment that made me rush over to read this post for myself! How exciting!!! So many of the blogs that I follow are welcoming/have welcomed lovely little babies!! This is too fun! Congratulations!! What a perfect Christmas gift to the world!

94. Mo says

I knew it! Your food combos and lack of alcohol had me suspecting ;-). I just had my baby this past July (after overcoming HA). Congratulations a million times!!!!

95. Elizabeth says

Ahh congrats!! I have been reading your blog for the past year and I am just so happy for the two of you. What a wonderful way to enjoy the holidays 😀

96. stina says

Congratulations!! Such great news and what a cute post! – and how wonderful to see how much love and well wishes you are getting from all of us readers! Enjoy this special time to the fullest.

97. Nancy says

Oh, my goodness! CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is such great news and I’m so very happy for you and all the families!! It will be such an exciting time for all of you and the new one is a very lucky little person to have you two for parents!!

98. Martha says

I have been reading your blog for a long time but have never commented. Just want to say a huge congrats to you & Jay! I am a Mom of four, children are such a blessing….so excited for you :)

99. Nicole says

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! Congrats to the both of you! :) (and Mr. Cody, too!)

100. Julissa says

Call me a nerd… I’m going to school to be a dental hygienist so I LOVE that you call the baby “Baby Tooth” 😛 May I ask how you came up with this?

Congrats!!!! My hubby and I are expecting our first as well and we are due in July too! I look forward to hearing about your pregnancy journey. I have been finding pregnancy blogs to connect with and now I can keep reading yours : )
    Jenn @ Be YOU at Be Me recently posted..#Giving Tuesday

102. Lisa says

Congratulations! Are you going to find out what you’re having or be surprised? How did you break the big news to the rest of your family? All the best for a healthy pregnancy and baby.

103. Holly says

I am so so SO happy for you!!!!!!! And inspired. I am going through HA and have gained 15 pounds and am just praying and hoping my time comes.

104. Shannon says

Congratulations, Courtney! I thought at first you guys were adopting another pet- no idea where that came from- but then I saw the snowman with the baby bump. \

It’s probably too early to tell but are you having a boy or a girl? What do you guys want more? My birthday is also in July- so is it close to the 23rd? (That would be crazy if your baby and I shared the same birthday!) 😀

If you don’t want to answer all of the questions, skip the ones you’d prefer not to answer. I will not be offended.

105. Emily says

Congratulations to you and your hubby! So happy for you, I am due with my first in Feb and it truly is the biggest joy (as you know) Praying for a smooth pregnancy for you and that you are feeling good! Looking fwd to pregnancy updates :)

106. Kristin says

Courtney, Congratulations! I love reading your blog and I’ve been wondering if you were pregnant with some of your food preferences lately but you did a great job keeping the secret! I had to work pretty hard too dealing with HA also this past year but thankfully, I’m due right after you in early August. I’ll enjoy reading about your pregnancy during mine! :)

107. Julie says

Congrats!! I’ve been reading your blog for months now without posting at all, but I just HAD to say congratulations. Like many others, this post brought tears to my eyes and I couldn’t be happier for you :)

108. Em says

Congratulations!! As a long-time reader, I couldn’t be happier for you :) With this great news and your new job, your blog has taken a really interesting direction and I look forward to reading about the journey ahead!

109. Niki says

eeee so exciting!!! Congrats Courtney – you are going to be an AMAZING mom. I look forward to reading about your pregnancy more on the blog! You are amazing

Congratulations! I don’t know if I have ever commented before, but I’ve been reading your blog for a long time, so I feel really happy for you even though I don’t actually know you! :) What a great Christmas present for you two.
    Erin recently posted..Tabla

111. Regan says

COngrats…that’s an adorable way to announce your exciting news!! i hope you’ve been feeling well!!! enjoy this time :)

Aww! CONGRATS! …… I’m so happy for you! It is an amazing ride- enjoy it! :) We’ll all be here with all sorts of unsolicited advice if you ever need it! HAhaha!
    I told my parents last year as a Christmas ‘gift’ about our little bundle; after we had had some serious issues trying for our blessing—- best Christmas present ever- till he came!
    Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Gone missing….

Oh my goodness!! Congratulations!! As soon as I saw the post title I knew it was a baby announcement :) I’ve been reading for over a year now and I actually reared up reading this! Just knowing you’ve been through some changes and health concerns…basically I’m thrilled for you and Jay!

Congratulations!!!! That’s so exciting!! I’ve been reading your blog for quite a while now, but I’m not sure if I’ve ever commented. This post certainly calls for a comment though! Would it be totally weird if I said I had a feeling this post was coming because of the water bottle in the dinner pictures for the past few weeks? So excited for you, Jay, and Baby Tooth!!
    Emily recently posted..A Holiday I Will Never Forget

115. Seema says

So excited for your family Courtney!!!! 😀 Congrats Congrats Congrats!!!! And right in time for Christmas – it really is the most wonderful time of the year!!! :)

116. Sophie says

Oh my goodness.. I am sooo excited by this news!! I know I don’t even know you.. haha.. but it feels like I do and I’m so happy for you both! xo

Sophie in Australia

117. Laura says

I am SO excited for you!! (which is weird to me because I don’t even know you) I seriously felt a rush of happiness when I read this post. Congratulations to your family. You are going to be wonderful parents. That will be one lucky kiddo. Thank you for bringing some good news to the web!

Oh my god, thanks for making me tear up. Congratulations Courtney, from a long time reader. I am so excited to keep reading and truly hope you will keep updating! :-) Lots of love, Sar
    Sarah Lynn recently posted..Random

119. Jackie says

Congratulations! I really enjoy reading your blog and am so happy you and your husband have been blessed with this upcoming addition to your family! Can’t wait to hear what you are having

120. Noelle says

Congratulations to you and your hubby! I was so excited to read your post and see the exciting news (love the ornament!!). I look forward to reading your blog every day and I feel like I know you…..what a special time! Enjoy every minute!

121. J says

I’ve been reading your blog for a long time (love it!) but have never commented. Every so often, I would wonder when this post would come, and now that it has, I’m so excited for you! Congratulations!! :)

122. Danielle D says

So I’m totally a little late, but, I have to wish you a huge congrats and Merry Christmas! This is such exciting news! And so happy to see that little JETS jersey!! (hopefully we’ll have a better season with an additional little fan haha :) x x x Danielle, a semi-long-time reader of your blog :)

Trackbacks

1. […] favorite blends are sharing a little Christmas joy with their BIG news.  I’m so so happy for Courtney and Katie.  What a beautiful gift this year for them both.  I read each of their “coming […]

2. […] 2012. It was such a year. A great year, a challenging year, and most importantly, a life changing year. I’m really looking forward to doing my 2012 review post in the next couple of days, because […]