All Your Baby Tooth Questions, Answered!

by Courtney on December 20, 2012

Lots and lots to share with you all today! First of all, I cannot thank you all enough for your incredible comments and support after yesterday’s big announcement. I’m so excited to share this journey with all of you as I go along. That being said, I don’t have intentions of turning this into a pregnancy blog. Sure, I’ll definitely give bump updates, and I know I’ll talk about things since it’s now my life, but I don’t plan on getting suuuuper detailed about anything. I think some things just need to stay amongst family.

Now, I know many of you had questions, and I have lots to share, so here’s LOTS of Q&A’s for you. Enjoy!!

How did you find out you were pregnant? I took a home pregnancy test. I was feeling pretty hopeful that month, and I had a good feeling. The morning I was planning on taking it though, I realized I didn’t have a test, so I had to run out to the grocery store at 6:30 in the morning to buy some. Why would I do that, you ask? Well, because Jay was leaving me for a week for work later that morning and we wanted to know before he left so we could at least celebrate for a few minutes!

What kind of Pregnancy test did you take? First Response.

How many? Two…and no denying those dark lines!

What were your 1st symptoms? Sore boobs and some cramping. I also analyzed every. little. symptom. possible (which is the worst thing to do EVER), but those were the two big ones. I also had a little bit of spotting four days before I found it, which may have very well been implantation spotting.

Who did you tell first? The daddy-to-be, of course!

Who was with you when you found out? Just me, in the bathroom. As soon as I got the results, I had my reaction (see below) then I went back into the bedroom, laid down in bed right next to Jay, and just smiled with a huge, cheesy grin. He knew right away. Winking smile

My 1st reaction: I literally jumped up in down with my hands in the air while in the bathroom mouthing “YAYYYYY!!!!!” I must have looked like a total goofball….actually, I DID. I had the mirror to prove it.

Was your baby planned? Yup!

How far were you when you found out? I found out on Sunday, November 11th, which was just about 4 weeks.

How did your parents/family react? Awww, they were so great! It’s the first baby for both sets of parents, so it’s a pretty big deal, haha. We first told my in-laws, by wrapping up a onesie that said “Worth the Wait.” There were definitely some tears and fantastic reactions that night.

We told my parents the same night with the little Jets jersey you’ve already seen.

I just wish it wasn’t a Sanchez jersey. Winking smile

We told my brother a few days later on Thanksgiving. You guys can actually see that one because we took a video!

How did you tell your friends? Oh my gosh, this was SO much fun!! We told different friends at different times, whenever we knew we were going to see them, since we wanted to make sure all of our close friends knew before making a big public announcement. I think my favorite, however, was when we told our big group of friends at our recent Christmas party…Jay set the timer, came back down, and said “Okay everyone, one, two, Courtney’s pregnant!!”

I am absolutely in LOVE with this photo and will cherish it forever. It was such an amazing moment, and we loved being able to share it with them all. Everyone’s reaction was priceless (and if you can spot Sarah, you can probably tell that she already knew what was happening). Smile

But you just got a new job? Do they know? Of course! After I was offered the job, I made sure to tell them about my situation before I accepted (I certainly wasn’t looking to pull a fast one on anyone). Luckily, they still very much wanted to hire me, are very supportive about the pregnancy, and are willing to be flexible when it comes to a maternity leave, which is nice. I was nervous, honestly, to have two major life changes happening at the same time; but as soon as I found out they were still on board, it made accepting the job a no-brainer.

Will you still go on your trip to Mexico in February? You betcha!! We already looked into it and got the OK from the doctor. Plus, I’m also not the only one who’s going to be pregnant on the trip, since my friend Andrea is also expecting. We already decided that we’ll be sipping our virgin strawberry daiquiri’s and getting our money’s worth at the buffet.

*****

Details on Baby Tooth

Due Date: July 21, 2013

Do you know the sex? Too early, but anyone I’ve talked to who “gets those vibes” tells me it’s a boy. Obviously, I’d be happy with either – would love a girl for all the “girly” things, would love a boy for him to be a momma’s boy – but we’ll see…

Will you find out the sex? Abso-freakin-lutely. And luckily, Jay and I are on the same page with that one.

Any names? Ahhh, we go back and forth a LOT on these…thank goodness we have some time, I suppose!

Were you trying long? Since early this past summer.

Any Ultrasounds? Yup! Here’s one from our 8 week appointment.

8 weeks

At this appointment, we actually saw Baby Tooth MOVE, which was just UNREAL. He/she was dancing up a storm in there with his/her flickering heartbeat…but the dancing made me think it’s got to be a little lady in there. Winking smile

Our next appointment is at our 12 week mark on January 7th. Can’t wait!

Have you heard the heart beat? Yes, and it was the most incredible, amazing thing EVER.

Who do you think it will look like? I have no idea, but we both decided that we hope Baby Tooth gets Jay’s feet. I have gross, ugly long toes, and Jay actually has like, perfect feet. Yes, I’m serious…and I hate feet. Jay was quite the blondie with hazel eyes as a baby too, so that could be interesting, since I’m dark, dark eyes and brown hair. Gahh, so exciting to think about!

Will the baby have siblings? Yup! Big Brother Cody.

Let’s just hope he’s not a bad influence. Winking smile

Have you felt the baby move? Not yet…anxiously awaiting the first kicks!

*****

Miscellaneous

How do you feel? First, let me start by saying I feel INCREDIBLY blessed, lucky, and ecstatic right now; but let me tell you…I completely underestimated how crappy something the size of a grape can make you feel. I’ve been pretty tired, like, all the time (hence zero desire for workouts, especially early morning) bloated and, err, backed up as all get out, and a little queasy. But like I said…I’ll take it ALL.

Do you have morning sickness? A little bit. Most of the time I feel like crap when I wake up in the morning (almost like I’m hung over every. single. day. I wake up), but that was probably the worst between weeks 6-8. I keep a sleeve of saltines by my bed to snack on first thing, which helps. I’ve also found if I wait too long to eat, I start feeling queasy, so I’m usually eating at least every 2-3 hours. Haven’t gotten sick yet though *knock on wood.*

Do you have any cravings? Believe it or not, most of my cravings have been SALTY. Do you guys remember the night I HAD to have my Chipotle? That was a craving like no other.

Other cravings:

• Tortilla chips and salsa
  • I crave a Whopper from Burger King at least 3 times a week (crazy, right? considering I haven’t had one in at least 6 years maybe?)…haven’t caved on that one yet
  • Bread, toast, more bread, more toast…all with butter or peanut butter
  • Crackers…or mini saltines
  • The popcorn at the TSO concert last week was like heaven in a bag.

Do you have any food aversions? My first aversion I had was COFFEE, and it was so, so sad. Not sure if you noticed, but I hadn’t had any in probably 2-3 weeks. I couldn’t go near the stuff! But I actually had some at work for the first time this week, and it tasted amazing.

Other than that, I really am not feeling veggies all that much lately, especially raw. They just aren’t doing it for me…which I have let on a few times. Winking smile

But wait…weren’t you drinking alcohol? Haha, nope! I can see why you might think so though, since I did do a little strategic placement over the past few weeks…

A little mocktail from Saturday (Sprite, cranberry, and pineapple juice)

Wine at dinner on Monday night? Not mine!

Drinking straight from the bottle on Thanksgiving? Sparking grape juice, baby. Had to make sure I was covering the label.

The last drink I actually had was on October 26th, which was a scrumptious glass of white wine. I savored every last sip, since I knew it was possible something could be a-brewin’ that weekend.

Do you have any mood swings? I didn’t think so, but I had to check with Jay, and he agreed – no mood swings! I am, however, a pretty emotional mess sometimes. Crying comes very naturally to me these days.

How far along are you now? 9 weeks, 4 days…which I know is still considered fairly early. I tried so hard holding off to announce, but I just couldn’t. It was getting too hard to hide. Apparently, some of you were already catching on. Winking smile

Like I said…I had lots to share today!!

1 Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers December 20, 2012 at 8:17 am

courtney, i am so, so excited the big news is out! you and jay will be the most phenomenal parents and your baby will be so loved. so excited to follow your journey with you!
Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers recently posted..Exercise Break

2 Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes December 20, 2012 at 8:17 am

Ahhh, so, so exciting! My mom’s birthday is July 22! :)
Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes recently posted..Open House at Random House

3 Alyssa @ fit and fun in third December 20, 2012 at 8:24 am

Congrats!!! Very exciting! :)
Alyssa @ fit and fun in third recently posted..More pregnancy talk: SYMPTOMS

4 Danielle December 20, 2012 at 8:24 am

I am reading this post with the biggest smile on my face! I am so happy for you, and as someone that has been trying to get pregnant it makes me feel so happy to see it happen for SUCH a great gal! I seriously can not wait to follow along with your journey…and I am hoping it leads to more recipies to satisfy those cravings ;)

5 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope December 20, 2012 at 8:25 am

Congrats again! I can’t wait to read about your pregnancy! So happy for you and Jay! :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..A Cookie Monster Kind of Evening!…

6 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles December 20, 2012 at 8:25 am

I had an inkling, but you were definitely sneaky with the alcohol pics. Once again, congratulations! You guys will make fantastic parents, I’m sure!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Slim and Sculpt + What Happens Next.

7 Khushboo December 20, 2012 at 8:25 am

Such an exciting time in you’re and Jay’s life…looking forward to following it :-)
Khushboo recently posted..Random Wednesday Thoughts

8 Holly December 20, 2012 at 8:26 am

I totally knew something was up, but didn’t want to leave it in the comments :)
CONGRATS again Court & Jay! I am so thrilled for you guys, and would not mind TONS of pregnancy updates- they are my favorite!!!
SO I had the SAME symptoms as you- could not even SMELL coffee or I would vomit. Ew. I DIED at my office because it was coffee EVERYWHERE. EEK!
And salty was all I wanted. Popcorn, tons of it. Craig did many runs to pick up popcorn, especially cheddar :)
I KNOW what you mean about the first trimester tiredness..it’s the worst. I was going to bed at 7pm every night, easily & I would wake up at the LAST possible minute for work- like 7:30am…and would still be DEAD tired. Making a baby is HARD work! :)
CAN’T WAIT for more updates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Holly recently posted..Exercise Post Pregnancy

9 Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness December 20, 2012 at 8:28 am

This just makes me more and more excited for you! I can’t wait to hear more about your journey along the way!
Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness recently posted..Getting my StitchFix

10 Liz December 20, 2012 at 8:29 am

The baby in the white shirt has the best reaction in that surprise photo, hilarious!
Liz recently posted..Chocolate Dipped Pretzel Rods

11 alyssa - life a la wife December 20, 2012 at 8:35 am

Wow you answered so many questions so quickly! I can tell you are so excited and we are all so excited for you :)
alyssa – life a la wife recently posted..Tramonti in NYC

12 Sarah December 20, 2012 at 8:36 am

This is so, so exciting! I love how you told your friends. They were probably shocked when Jay announced it! Congratulations a thousand times over :)
Sarah recently posted..You’re all stars

13 Katie @ skinnyminniemoves December 20, 2012 at 8:36 am

So great! You seem so excited, what a wonderful time in your life! Enjoy every minute :)
Katie @ skinnyminniemoves recently posted..People of Walmart

14 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy December 20, 2012 at 8:36 am

I’m so excited for you! The baby is due one day before my birthday, July 22!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..From Our Home to Yours

15 Angie December 20, 2012 at 8:38 am

That is so awesome Courtney!! Every pregnancy is so different so its fun to read how everyone reacts!! I loved your brother’s reaction!! SO sweet!! How you get up in the morning to work out is beyond me… I think I did that until about week 18 when I stopped working out completely because it got too exhausting. I make sure I move around a lot now and eat healthy but I’m just enjoying my pregnancy… and the SALTY things! (so weird!) I’m 31 weeks and can finally eat sweet things, and coffee smells bad to me sometimes, and sometimes I can handle it. SO weird. Oh well, enjoy all of it, sounds like you already are though!! Congrats again beautiful!!

16 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries December 20, 2012 at 8:39 am

LOVED reading this! Even though I already knew most of the answers… ;) Again, I’m just so flippin’ excited for you! Your symptoms sound pretty similar to mine early on with the salt cravings, bloat, and tiredness. I’m so glad you’re not getting crazy bad morning sickness! xoxo
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..11 Things I Love About You

17 char eats greens December 20, 2012 at 7:16 pm

My vote is totally boy then too if you have similar symptoms to Ashley! I pretty much felt fantastic in the first tri and I had a girl!
char eats greens recently posted..vacation breakdown

18 Monica December 20, 2012 at 8:47 am

I’m due late March with my first, and I am soooo excited for you! It is a wild and awesome trip (with lots of exhaustion and nausea, but still great!)! Congratulations!

19 Aubrie December 20, 2012 at 8:54 am

I still can’t believe I’m due around when you are!! Congrats!! I hear you on the veggies too :) Peanut butter is my best friend right now!

20 Heather@YSP December 20, 2012 at 8:58 am

I am SO excited for you guys!
Heather@YSP recently posted..Thank you! (#G2KHoliday Giveaway)

21 Brooke @ Running In Heels December 20, 2012 at 9:02 am

I am so so excited for you!! What an adorable way to tell the family too! Love that you got to catch that moment on camera forever :)
Brooke @ Running In Heels recently posted..Christmas Calorie Torcher Full Body Treadmill Workout

22 Alysia @ Slim Sanity December 20, 2012 at 9:05 am

This is such exciting news!! Congratulations! You’ll make such a great mama :)
Alysia @ Slim Sanity recently posted..WIAW #32

23 Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire December 20, 2012 at 9:10 am

I am so happy for you guys! I love this post! That video with Dan made me cry-his reaction is priceless. Congratulations again, Courtney!

24 kim@hungryhealthygirl December 20, 2012 at 9:15 am

Awwww….I’m so happy for you! The picture of your friends is the best. What a great idea. The video of you telling your brother is equally sweet.

25 Katy December 20, 2012 at 9:15 am

My first symptoms were exactly the same. My boobs were crazy sore and I had killer (what I thought were menstrual) cramps! It’s kind of evil how the symptoms for your period and pregnancy are so similar!

I also had similar aversions to vegetables, cravings for all things salty/carbs, and hatred for coffee (sadness!). You’re exactly right though…the best way to fight nausea is to keep your tummy from getting empty! I would have to eat IMMEDIATELY after I woke up or I was not a happy camper. I ate saltines but also munched on graham crackers too! Believe it or not, going for a walk also help (even though most of the time the thought of being active is gross).

The fatigue is the hardest thing for me. During weeks 6-9 it was an all day thing but now (I’m 13 weeks) it comes in waves…but when it hits, it hits hard!

I can’t wait to hear more of your updates! And congratulations again :)

26 Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots December 20, 2012 at 9:16 am

I read you blog regularly but rarely comment, but for some reason I had a feeling you had a little bun in the oven! So happy for you and Jay, you will make wonderful parents!
Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots recently posted..Top 10 books I read in 2012

27 Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers December 20, 2012 at 9:18 am

Ahhhh, so much cuteness! :) I absolutely love your description of your first reaction. :)
Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers recently posted..Bringing Sexy Back

28 cristal December 20, 2012 at 9:21 am

congratttts. Im a long time reader but first time poster. I had to comment because we have a lot in common i found i was pregnant nov 11 2008 and was due july 20th and had him that day. I always remember when ifound out too cause rememberence day, omg soooo excited for u eeeeeeeeeeee :-):-):-)

29 Michelle@Peachy Palate December 20, 2012 at 9:23 am

Eek! Great post! You’ve covered EVERYTHING! So damn excited for you! Congratulations again!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Took my own breath away

30 Kristen @ notsodomesticated December 20, 2012 at 9:24 am

Yay! So so fun! I’m so excited for you guys. :) I had no desire for veggies the first trimester, either. And I craved salty stuff, which is the complete opposite of how I usually am (my sweet tooth re-entered the picture around 19 weeks!). I also craved fast food like crazy, which also isn’t like me. I gave in and probably had it once every couple of weeks, but I tried to keep it to a minimum.

Everyone predicted that we were having a boy, and we’re having a girl haha. So who knows! :) But either way, you will be so excited to find out and start planning!!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..24 Weeks: Bathing suit shopping while pregnant should be illegal.

31 Candice December 20, 2012 at 9:28 am

Congrats court AGAIN I seriously am so excited for you and jay!! Almost makes me want to go for #3 and #4 (since my first pregnancy was twins..) ha! I’d be happy for #3:)

I’m excited to follow along for your pregnancy journey!
Candice recently posted..Baby, Its Cold Outside

32 Natalie @ Free Range Human December 20, 2012 at 9:31 am

Again, so excited for you! This is wonderful!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..He Keeps Life Interesting

33 Kerry @ Totes My Oats December 20, 2012 at 9:32 am

I loved reading this post! So excited for you. Can’t wait to follow your journey!
Kerry @ Totes My Oats recently posted..WIAW: What I Wish I Didn’t

34 Mallory December 20, 2012 at 9:32 am

I totally cried when I watched that video of you telling your brother… what is wrong with me!! (Am I pregnant? hahaha). You seriously are going to be the best mom! You seem like such a nurturing and kind person and I honestly couldn’t be happier for you. I can’t wait to follow your journey!!!! xoxo

35 Kristin M December 20, 2012 at 9:36 am

Thank you so much for sharing all the question and answers with us! I love how you told your friends and the video of you and your brother is so adorable! What great memories!
Congratulations again to you and Jay! :)

36 Stephanie @ Food Fit 4 Real December 20, 2012 at 9:36 am

Congratulations to you and Jay! Such an exciting time for you both. I hope you enjoy every minute of your pregnancy. Don’t feel bad about taking a break from exercise and getting as much rest as possible, especially during the first trimester. I felt much better around week 12 and did moderate exercise my entire pregnancy (with my second). My babies are 6 and 3 now, no more babies for us but I loved having little ones in the house.
Stephanie @ Food Fit 4 Real recently posted..The Best Pumpkin Gingerbread Cake Ever!

37 Molly @ happy&healthy December 20, 2012 at 9:37 am

So exciting! I love hearing about how you told people, that picture is priceless!! Congrats again!
Molly @ happy&healthy recently posted..Lost

38 Sami December 20, 2012 at 9:37 am

AH! Congratulations to you and Jay!! That is SO exciting! You two are going to make such fantastic parents :)

xo.
Sami recently posted..WIEW.

39 Julie December 20, 2012 at 9:44 am

Congratulations!! I’m pregnant with our first child too…due in May! I wish you a smooth pregnancy, enjoy this time!

40 Steph December 20, 2012 at 9:45 am

Love the details post! My pregnancy experience so far has been VERY similar to yours – including all the symptoms and telling the parents with onesies :) I’m 9 and 2 now, and am really looking forward to following along with you these next several months. Congratulations!!

41 whitney December 20, 2012 at 9:47 am

Congratulations!! That is so exciting! I am ten weeks today, due July 18th, so we are just a few days apart. I cannot wait to see your updates and follow someone on the same journey! :)

42 Whitney December 20, 2012 at 9:51 am

Can’t wait to read about your pregnancy! Congrats! :)

43 Michelle C December 20, 2012 at 9:59 am

I’m pregnant with a baby boy! Due Jan 20th! I had ALL the same cravings/adversions as you from the beginning with mild nausea that lasted at MOST 2 weeks. Congratulations! Pregnancy is the coolest, weirdest, greatest feeling in the world! Enjoy everyone of those kicks, hiccups, rolls, and punches ;)

PS: I too had Hypothalamic Amenorrhea! It’s truly a blessing and miracle to be pregnant!!! Enjoy!

44 Meghan @ After the Ivy League December 20, 2012 at 10:00 am

Love this post Courtney, seriously so excited for you guys! Blogging about it is such a great way to always remember this exciting time too :)
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..Thankful Thursday and Christmas Wish List

45 Sarah @ Blonde Bostonian December 20, 2012 at 10:12 am

I’m so happy for you two – I loved the way you surprised your brother. Very fun and cute!
Sarah @ Blonde Bostonian recently posted..WIAW #37: Pre-Christmas

46 Stefanie @ Thin Vegetarian December 20, 2012 at 10:13 am

What an exciting time for you guys, congrats again!
Stefanie @ Thin Vegetarian recently posted..Gutter Ball

47 Danica @ It's Progression December 20, 2012 at 10:17 am

This was so fun to read! I love that you tried to “trick” everyone by putting drinks in your post pictures :) Very happy for you and your family, particularly since you shared that getting to this point wasn’t especially easy for you. God’s timing is always perfect! :)
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..wiaw #48: the best grilled sandwich ever

48 Clare @ Fitting It All In December 20, 2012 at 10:17 am

Again, SO SO thrilled. Love the ways you announced it. Congrats!
Clare @ Fitting It All In recently posted..Early Wake Up & Miss Universe

49 Brittney December 20, 2012 at 10:19 am

Awesome awesome awesome!! Thanks for the updates!!
So excited for you, Jay and your families!
That ultrasound….soooo precious!! :)

50 Silvia @skinny jeans food December 20, 2012 at 10:23 am

Oh my Lord, I missed it yesterday! Congratulations on the little one! I am sure you’ll be great parents!
Silvia @skinny jeans food recently posted..Recovery

51 Angela @ Health's Angel December 20, 2012 at 10:26 am

:) So happy for you and your family! “Baby tooth” will be very loved. And yayyy for summer birthdays, mine is July 25. :)
Angela @ Health’s Angel recently posted..Handmade Gifts

52 Olivia @ Liv Lives Life December 20, 2012 at 10:26 am

Awww what a fun post! So excited for you both! :-)
Olivia @ Liv Lives Life recently posted..Less Than a Week!

53 Brittany @ ReadRunRepeat December 20, 2012 at 10:30 am

yay!!! so awesome. (that’s really all I got!!) — I am so excited for you!! Do you think Cody will wear a “big brother” shirt? ;)
Brittany @ ReadRunRepeat recently posted..There are no words…

54 Leigh H December 20, 2012 at 10:37 am

Again congratulations. I live in the capital region too and I’m also pregnant due in July. I can’t wait to read about your baby preparation in the capital region.

55 Nicole December 20, 2012 at 10:39 am

I cant wait to read more on your baby journey!! Congrats again Courtney – so exciting!!

56 Laura December 20, 2012 at 10:44 am

Congrats Courtney! With both my pregnancies, a total aversion to my beloved coffee was the first thing that tipped me off that something was a brewin’ lol! Enjoy being pregnant — it’s such an awesome time & truly flies by! (I was one of those crazy ladies who looooved being pregnant.. I would do it again if it didn’t result in a another child to take care of, hahaha ;))

57 Nicole G. December 20, 2012 at 10:45 am

I totally teared up watching that video! So exciting!!!! :)

58 Molly @ Just Your Average Athlete December 20, 2012 at 10:47 am

Awww Baby Tooth! So exciting!!! :)
Molly @ Just Your Average Athlete recently posted..Fit Nut & Liebster Blog Award, Part 2

59 Rachel December 20, 2012 at 10:48 am

again, I am so happy for you guys! You totally deserve this and I’m so excited to read about your journey!!! :D
Rachel recently posted..Tummy Troubles and Coconut Goo

60 Lauren B. December 20, 2012 at 10:58 am

What a great post! I found out I was pregnant at Chriatmas last year and now have n almost 4-month old. Your “morning sickness” and cravings sound just like mine, so maybe you are having a boy!

I truly think that those of us who had to try, wait, and pray for a baby (3 1/2 years for me!) have a special appreciation for everything, nausea and all. Even during the not so fun moments, I never saw it as anything short of a miracle.

I am so so happy for you! Being pregnant and having my sweet baby have been the best times of my life, and I’ve had a pretty great life! It’s all ahead of you!

61 Karen December 20, 2012 at 11:14 am

Salty cravings=boy! I have been craving both sweet and salty and definitely only have one baby in there so I’m super curious as to what I’m having! If the guy/gal cooperates I will know tomorrow. :) What was the heart rate at your 8 week scan? Old wives tales say a higher than 150 HB=girl and lower than 150=boy but its all just fun speculation!

62 Courtney December 20, 2012 at 11:18 am

Haha well then I’m gonna throw you for a loop here then lol. The heartbeat at 8 weeks was 172! :)

63 Barbara December 20, 2012 at 11:16 am

Hi Courtney,
Congratulations to you and Jay, what a nice Christmas present!! Enjoy every single moment of your pregnancy. I am so happy for you!!

64 Nicole @ livingthesweetlifestl.wordpress.com December 20, 2012 at 11:18 am

Loved this post…so excited to hear about your journey!
Nicole @ livingthesweetlifestl.wordpress.com recently posted..Just a quick note

65 Connie @ Livin' Lean December 20, 2012 at 11:32 am

I’m literally grinning ear to ear for you two! You guys are going to be the most wonderful parents. I still laugh every time I see that picture of Cody with the margarita hahaha! So cute.
Connie @ Livin’ Lean recently posted..Half Marathon Training Update

66 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss December 20, 2012 at 11:38 am

maybe I’m unstable loon, but I totally teared up again reading that post. AGAIN. after crying when you told me (at least I had the pain med excuse then… but… still).

I love you and I’m so happy for you. :)
Alyssa @ Life of bLyss recently posted..On Repeat: The Lumineers & Swear and Shake in Concert

67 Ashlee December 20, 2012 at 11:39 am

I’m so generally happy for you guys! You are going to be awesome parents. Can’t wait to see that gorgeous little baby!
Ashlee recently posted..Taco & Movie Night

68 crystal d. December 20, 2012 at 11:41 am

I loved your baby tooth update!! I understand sooo much of what you are going through! I am 7 months now and it has been an adventure! Here are a couple of tips that I found that worked for me. Yes eat every couple of hours. If I did that the quesyness wasn’t so bad and it helped keep it away to some degree. To help with the “backed up” issue use Metamucil everyday. I have been doing that for months now and wow has it ever made a difference. I am no more “backed up”. Being “backed up” can actually cause you some major discomfort as time goes on. So trying to get a handle on it now will pay off in the future. You won’t need it right now but get the Snoogle pregnancy pillow. I found it cheapest on Amazon and wow does that pillow help with sleeping. Much better than trying to deal with 2-3 pillows at night. Again I am soooo excited for you, Jay and big brother Cody!!!!!

69 Linz @ Itz Linz December 20, 2012 at 11:41 am

I LOVE reading all of this!! Can’t wait to learn more!! Congrats again – you and Jay are going to have the cutest baby!!!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Creamy Fire Roasted Red Pepper Aritchoke Dip

70 Julie December 20, 2012 at 11:48 am

First of all — congratulations!!! Secondly, i have 2 suggestions, but they are not for everyone, i totally understand (sorry, you didn’t even ask for advice!) — 1) Mozzarella cheese sticks. For some strange reason these worked wonders for me any time i started to feel nauseas. And 2) don’t check your weight. I asked the nurse not to tell me what the scale said and looked up at the ceiling every time i stepped on it. I told my doctor to let me know if she thought i was gaining too much or too little, but i never wanted a number in my head. To this day, i have no idea how much i gained during & lost after each of my 2 pregnancies, but all my old clothes fit within 3 months so it was not worth knowing, in my opinion.

71 carissa @fit2flex December 20, 2012 at 11:49 am

How exciting! I love the “baby tooth” name. So cute! You and Jay are going yo be amazing parents
carissa @fit2flex recently posted..WIAW – Samsung Galaxy S3

72 Lindsay December 20, 2012 at 11:51 am

Congratulations Courtney! I’m a reader of over a year now, and don’t usually comment. But this is wonderful news! I actually met you at the Blend Retreat and I was 16 weeks pregnant. Now I have a 9 week old baby girl. Enjoy every minute of your pregnancy, because tho it may not feel like it now, it goes by fast! Your lil one will be here in no time! I wish you a happy, easy and healthy pregnancy! Can’t wait to follow your pregnancy journey on the blog!

73 Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life) December 20, 2012 at 11:57 am

Reading this makes me nostalgic! So excited for you and this exciting journey! Enjoy it all and soak up the attention before it’s all focused on the sweet baby in your arms :)
Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life) recently posted..2012 Goal Check In

74 Alana December 20, 2012 at 12:03 pm

Maybe stay away from caffeine…I’ve heard about studies that say it’s not great for baby? Not 100% but thought I’d at least throw it out there :)

75 Courtney December 20, 2012 at 1:55 pm

I haven’t had any caffeine probably since September actually! If I was drinking coffee, it was decaf and still is now. My only firm of caffeine is most likely chocolate :)

76 Angel G December 20, 2012 at 12:05 pm

Congratulations!!! So excited for you two. I read your blog daily but rarely comment but this merits a congrats!! You’ll make great parents! I’d love to hear how you two decided it was the right time for a baby and if that’s why you started working on the HA

77 Courtney December 20, 2012 at 1:56 pm

Thank you!! We always said we wanted to start trying a couple of years after marriage. When we found out about the HA it threw things for a bit, but I would have worked on reversing that regardless of whether or not we wanted to start a family at the time. :)

78 Lauren December 20, 2012 at 12:09 pm

Love love love these details! I am so so happy for you, I can barely contain my excitement. :)
Lauren recently posted..The 10 Minute Take Out Dinner: Vegetable Quinoa Fried “Rice”

79 Christa December 20, 2012 at 12:18 pm

I love your brother’s reaction! My brother is away teaching in Korea and has been there for 18 months. I havent seen him since he left, and this makes me miss him even more. Congratulations on your journey to being great parents!! :)

80 Jolynn December 20, 2012 at 12:25 pm

So exciting! Can’t wait to hear about all your adventures through the pregnancy!
Jolynn recently posted..Favorite Christmas Songs & 30 min STAIR-Down Work OUT!

81 Nicole December 20, 2012 at 12:48 pm

Not sure why, but I had a little inkling that you may or may not be preggo with all of the “craving” talk in your posts. Such awesome news! Congratulations once again! I am so happy for you and your hubby, and can’t wait to follow along on your journey :)

I’m due in February, and feel like I’m just starting to learn the ropes. There are a ton of great pregnancy resources out there. If you don’t already know about the What to Expect app, thats a fun one with a pregnancy tracker and daily tips that you can check out. And I love lucieslist – that helped me a ton with registering, and just getting a decent perspective on all of the things that we need (and don’t need!).

82 Allison @ girloctopus December 20, 2012 at 1:24 pm

I was the same way with veggies for the first four months or so. Just eww I could not handle them! But I’m finally back to eating them with gusto. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you regarding the morning sickness… I lost ten pounds at first due to getting sick and I hate to think of other people going through that. Congratulations!
Allison @ girloctopus recently posted..Easy Chicken Fajitas Recipe

83 Ali @ WHOLEistically Fit December 20, 2012 at 1:26 pm

Congrats, Courtney!! How incredibly exciting. :) I love all of the fun and special ways that you and your husband shared the news with family and friends.
Ali @ WHOLEistically Fit recently posted..Part II: How To Create An Awesome Personalized Email Signature (No High-Tech Skills or Programs Required!)

84 michelle kim December 20, 2012 at 1:58 pm

GREAT POST! Love love love it!
And honestly, if you end up talking about your baby and pregnancy and motherhood a lot, it’s FINE. This is still your LIFE blog and your life will now start to revolve around your child, a beautiful blessing :).
So glad you are sharing this wonderful journey with us!
michelle kim recently posted..How to Kill It at the Gym After a Break

85 Regan December 20, 2012 at 2:22 pm

your post here was so fun too!!….. congrats again… I have to share…I hated coffee and wanted salt and carbs too…and all changed at 13 weeks…then coffee (decaf) was back…. and i felt like actuallly eating “meals”…… also…do you HATE chicken?? that can be a big yucky, make u wanna puke meal….
r u reading any books… My hubby and I are reading…What to Expect WHen you’re expecting…well I’m reading and every “week” we read what the babies up to …I totally recommend…and take pics…monthly if you have the patience…we didn’t start til in the week of the 20’s…and I feel like I missed the pop…so I recommend… every week here on out!!…. also… YEAH!! :)….. oh, one last recommendation… go maternity clothes shopping in friends closets (if available) and thrift stores (I’m not much of a thrifting…it kinda grosses me out to be honest) but I’m found some decent stuff…and some I wouldn’t think of buying cuz it is SO old!!… have fun…. sorry to ramble…..

86 Annette@FitnessPerks December 20, 2012 at 2:28 pm

Congrats! I love hearing all the little details–that must be so fun for you guys & your families :) SO happy for ya!
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Skipping The Gym

87 Joanna @ Running Places December 20, 2012 at 3:53 pm

Oh my goodness! Congrats, Mama! This news must be such a wonderful blessing to have around the holidays :)
Joanna @ Running Places recently posted..What I’ve Heard… and What I’m Remembering

88 Sara @ fitcupcaker December 20, 2012 at 4:17 pm

I just found your blog, very cute. I like it a lot :)
Sara @ fitcupcaker recently posted..Mad Hectic Oatmeal Free Giveaway!

89 Reghan December 20, 2012 at 4:59 pm

Congrats! So exciting!
I craved everything salty, bagels with lots of cream cheese, burgers and fries, sour candy etc. Had an aversion to desserts (which I normally love) and couldn’t stand the taste of coffee my whole pregnancy…and I have a healthy 4 month old baby BOY. So my bets are on a boy for you as well :) Obviously just a guess haha but sounds exactly like my cravings.

90 Reghan December 20, 2012 at 5:02 pm

ohh just read above about the heartbeat speculation…the hearbeat is still beating very fast before 12 weeks so I wouldn’t count on the heartbeat old wives tale for a few more weeks :)

91 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl December 20, 2012 at 5:55 pm

I love your strategic placement of the alcoholic beverages in your recent posts. So clever and tricky! ;)
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..WIAW: December 19, 2012

92 Jennifer December 20, 2012 at 5:55 pm

Congrats Courtney! I’ve been reading your blog for several months. I found we have several similarities – both live in the Capital Region-went to school for teaching but are not teaching anymore and I just recently found out I am pregnant as well and due on July 20th! Enjoy this journey and time in your life!

93 Shari December 20, 2012 at 7:08 pm

I am so excited for you!
Shari recently posted..Escape.

94 Elizabeth@myneonrunningshoes December 20, 2012 at 7:29 pm

So thrilled for you! I’m sure it’s that much sweeter since you worked SO incredibly hard for it! Already proof you are a great mom to lucky Baby Tooth! Have a wonderful Christmas!
Elizabeth@myneonrunningshoes recently posted..Benefit for the Children of Sandy Hook

95 Em December 20, 2012 at 8:16 pm

OMG – Baby Tooth – you and Jay are just too adorable!

96 Allie December 20, 2012 at 8:18 pm

ahhhhh I’m so freakin’ excited for you guys! I flipped when I first read your post and loved the video of you guys surprising Dan.. such a cutie!!

97 Molly Carter December 20, 2012 at 10:03 pm

Yay Courtney!!!!! Such wonderful news. Julia was born on July 30, and all I can say is that it will be a HOT summer for you. But that’s ok. The end result is totally worth it. I’m glad you’ve been feeling well. Just like you, veggies did not appeal to me in the first trimester with either pregnancy. All I wanted was bland plain carbs. I eat everything (and I mean everything) these days, though. Hard to believe I’m already 27 weeks with #2! Wishing you a healthy and easy pregnancy!
Molly Carter recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday

98 Bek @ Crave December 21, 2012 at 12:44 am

Thanks for all the answers! I knew babies would be in your future soon but hadn’t caught on! I’m so so happy for you. I am a naturally clucky person so am so excited to read about it all. :)
Bek @ Crave recently posted..How To Stay Healthy & Happy This Christmas

99 Sabine December 21, 2012 at 6:56 am

Although I’m a little late and hundreds have said it already :) :

This is GREAT news, Congratulations!!!
You will be a wonderful mom … and your baby will be so happy, what with a wonderful dad like Jay and fabulous grandparents and a cool uncle … :)

It’s generous of you to share this exiting time with us readers and to be so open and honest about it.

Btw, the video is super cute!

100 Dorsa @ Running Thoughts December 21, 2012 at 9:51 am

yay another mommy to be :) congrats :)
Dorsa @ Running Thoughts recently posted..Foodie Friday

101 Melanie @ Just Some Salt and Pepper December 21, 2012 at 10:42 am

I love following people’s pregnancies (whatever they are willing to share) because I cannot WAIT to have kids. Still a long ways off for me but I love getting excited for other people!!
Melanie @ Just Some Salt and Pepper recently posted..Apple-Cranberry Crumble

102 Katy December 22, 2012 at 9:36 am

Sooo exciting. My sister in law is about halfway through her pregnancy and she just found out the sex. She was 99% sure it was a boy from all the wives tales so they were shocked to discover it’s a girl! Don’t believe too much of what you hear. :-)
Katy recently posted..World Ended

103 Erin @ Girl Gone Veggie December 22, 2012 at 11:44 am

I’m so excited for you! Congrats, what an amazing journey you’re starting!!

104 nicole December 22, 2012 at 1:15 pm

Congratulations! Im so excited to have found your blog! I am 8 1/2 weeks pregnant and cant wait to see your pregnancy journey! I also just had my first ulatra sound and was in complete aw of the little nugget growing in my belly. My appetite has gone completly crazy and the nausae and fativue are a killer. So glad to see some one else going thorough the same things! Good luck with everything! I cant wait to read more!

105 Danielle @ Truffles n' Treadmills December 22, 2012 at 4:02 pm

I am so excited for you! I love babies and reading this post has me super excited for you!
Danielle @ Truffles n’ Treadmills recently posted..The End of the World

106 Shayla December 24, 2012 at 10:56 am

Loved loved reading this and I’m still so so very happy for you!!! It was funny though to read along and know most of the answers already ;) And with those cravings I predict boy!!! So excited to follow you along here and you will be one gorgeous pregnant mama!! ;) xoxo
Shayla recently posted..Cycle For Survival

107 Sonya December 26, 2012 at 12:39 pm

Congrats! I found out I was preg with my 1st the same time as you! I’m due July 19th, seems we have same symptoms too, I was such a strict vegan/gluten free health freak before but of course I can’t even think of health food without getting sick now! Bring on the Pop Tarts and bagels with cream cheese! It’s going to be so nice to read about your journey as I go through the same things! It’s such an exciting time, congrats again!!

108 Courtney December 26, 2012 at 1:04 pm

Thank you! And congrats to you as well! :)

109 Kerry December 30, 2012 at 2:12 pm

I think you’re having a girl! I completely couldn’t stand coffee and craved anything salty and i had my little girl on November 8th! Good luck :) xx
Kerry recently posted..Christmas 2012!!

110 Kerry @ Half Healthy, Half Nuts January 3, 2013 at 6:50 pm

I am so happy and excited for you! I am in my 38th week of pregnancy (2 more weeks to go!!!), with my first (a little girl!) and I just can’t even express what an amazing blessing it is. You are in store for a world of new and wonderful (and sometimes weird) things. I can’t wait to read all about it!!! CONGRATS!!!