Funny How That Happens

by Courtney on December 21, 2012

Well, the world may not have ended, but I’m pretty sure our house is one wind gust away from being blown over. Talk about windy over here today…sheesh! Figures, too, since today is a day where I’m going to be out all. day. long. taking care of errands and whatnot (I’m not working today). Hopefully it dies down soon!

So last night, I know I said I was craving toast, but I actually wound up having the lunch that I packed yesterday and never ate, thanks to our holiday luncheon. It was a random mix of a leftover piece of chicken, some leftover potatoes, avocado, and pineapple salsa.

On the side, I had some more salsa with a couple handfuls of TJ’s tortilla chips.

As delicious as this dinner tasted going down, it definitely did not agree with me and left my stomach a total mess for the remainder of the night. Not sure what the culprit was, but hey, whatcha gonna do?

Shortly after dinner, me and my rumbling, whacky tummy made our way out to the kitchen to do a little baking.

Jay has his holiday party at work today and apparently lots of the guys were asking what sort of “goodies” I’d be making. I wanted something I could just put together in one shot, so I decided to make my always-favorite Chocolate Raspberry Bars. Of course, Jay and I had to sample them…just to make sure they turned out okay. They did.

This morning, I cut up the rest, plated them up, and sent them off to the party.

Funny how that happens, right? I do all the baking…but where’s my party?

Kidding. I love baking for those guys. And Jay usually manages to snag something to bring home for me anyways. Winking smile

Once they were taken care of, the two of us finally watched the season finale of The Voice (YAY Cassadee!!) and then I called it a night. Yesterday completely wiped me out, but I’m feeling great today after clocking a solid 9 hours of sleep last night. It was MUCH needed.

*****

Breakfast

I didn’t get my peanut butter toast last night, and I totally wished that I had, so I made sure to have it for breakfast this morning. You know, I started thinking about it, and I don’t think I’ve had peanut butter since Monday. Monday!

A had a mug of Nutrcracker Sweet tea and milk (not feelin’ coffee again today) along with two pieces of toast – one with PB & banana, one with PB&J.

It totally hit the spot.

Now that breakfast is taken care of, it’s about time for me to get ready to run errands in the crazy wind that’s happening out there…wish me luck that I’m able to find all of the last few Christmas gifts I need to buy!

*Quick side note…I’ve had a few people ask me why I’m referring to baby as “Baby Tooth, such as my friend, Gabby (thanks, Gab!)…”

Looking back, I probably should have mentioned that sooner, but I guess I assumed you’d all see the correlation (just more proof I should never assume)…

I just thought it’d be fun to do a play on words with “Sweet Tooth –> Baby Tooth.” So if you’re one of the ones who didn’t get the correlation and just thought I was being a total weirdo (which maybe I still am), that’s why. Winking smile

Happy FRIDAY (Friday’s are now going to mean SO much more to me) everyone!! I’ll catch you all later…as long as the wind doesn’t snatch me up out there.

1 Missy December 21, 2012 at 9:13 am

Thanks for the clarification…I was also one that did not get the “tooth” correlation. Duh!

2 Michelle@Peachy Palate December 21, 2012 at 9:22 am

Probably the salsa….babies have a tendency to not like spice and chili! :) Those bars looks AMAZING!!!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Craving for Cranberries

3 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat December 21, 2012 at 9:25 am

I love the “baby tooth” nickname, it’s adorable! :)
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Healthy Holiday Cookies

4 kim@hungryhealthygirl December 21, 2012 at 9:25 am

It usually takes me awhile, but I actually got the “baby tooth” thing. “Baby Sweet Tooth” would be a pretty cute name too! By the way, those bars look simply fabulous!! Hope the wind doesn’t carry you away today…..
kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..Chocolate Chip Gingerbread Muffins

5 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries December 21, 2012 at 9:27 am

I’m definitely not a fan of wind! Good luck with your errands today. And I’m glad you got your peanut butter toast this morning too! ;)
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Zensah Fresh Legs Compression Socks

6 chelcie @ chelcie's food files December 21, 2012 at 9:27 am

That is way too long to go without peanut butter! Those raspberry chocolate bars look so delicious..I think I might have to make a batch for christmas this year!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..Thursday Things

7 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles December 21, 2012 at 9:27 am

I remember making those chocolate raspberry bars of yours at Christmas last year – they were definitely a keeper!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Five Things Friday # 2

8 Angela @ Health's Angel December 21, 2012 at 9:33 am

OMGsh, those bars! Yum. They look incredible. I’m definitely going to check out that recipe. Last night was a “cinnamon raisin toast with almond butter” for dinner night for me, so when I read your post last night I had to laugh. The body wants what it wants! :)
Angela @ Health’s Angel recently posted..Tis the Season…

9 Just Keep Sweating (@juskeepsweating) December 21, 2012 at 9:34 am

I got the correlation right away ;) I think it’s adorable! Happy Friday
Just Keep Sweating (@juskeepsweating) recently posted..Friday Favorites-Week of 12/17

10 Blog is the New Black December 21, 2012 at 9:44 am

Still so happy for ya, lady! I’d love to hear how your eating has changed due to the baby- things you can’t have any longer now that you’re with child! ;) I think you’re going to be surprised at how many of us want to hear about the pregnancy/baby even though you don’t want this to turn into a baby blog. We all just love watching your little fam grow! :)
Blog is the New Black recently posted..Peekaboo Gingerbread Pound Cake

11 alyssa - life a la wife December 21, 2012 at 9:49 am

I got the baby tooth reference :) I love it!
alyssa – life a la wife recently posted..Christmas 2012

12 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom December 21, 2012 at 9:57 am

Baby Tooth made perfect sense to me!!!

Have you had any insane cravings yet? They always started in the 2nd trimester for me and your salsa reminded me of one. With my 1st pregnancy I could literally drink salsa…and I did. So gross I know but at the time it was wonderful..haha!!
Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..Taking a Short Break

13 Lauren @ Berry Sweet Lauren December 21, 2012 at 10:05 am

I seem to be the designated baker in our household too – my fiance had me bake a few batches of goodies for his work holiday party too! But can’t complain, I love to do it – especially so I can keep a few and then get rid of the rest ;)

Also, congrats on the new job and baby tooth!!

14 Amy Risner December 21, 2012 at 10:07 am

Don’t worry Gabby!!! I was super confused too!!! SO, SO happy for you and Jay!!!
Merry Christmas!

15 Kerry @ Totes My Oats December 21, 2012 at 10:18 am

I love the “baby tooth” name. It’s too cute!
Kerry @ Totes My Oats recently posted..So Proud

16 Amanda @ Sistas of Strength December 21, 2012 at 10:26 am

HA – I was a little confused first about the toot baby, but I think it’s hilarious and perfect.
Amanda @ Sistas of Strength recently posted..Pavel Fighter Pullup Program Results

17 Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets December 21, 2012 at 10:26 am

Ohhhhhh I get it now. Hahhah I was also very confused, but now it makes total sense. Are you not working on Fridays with your new job?
Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets recently posted..i’m baaaack

18 Courtney December 21, 2012 at 11:36 am

No, I will be. Since the job happened so fast, there were a few days that I needed off before the start of the new year, so they just let me start this month by coming in when I was available. I’ll be officially full time after the first of the year :)

19 Lyric December 21, 2012 at 10:27 am

I love avocados and I totally understood where you were going with the “baby tooth” thing ;)
Lyric recently posted..Stir-Fry Is The Way To Go.

20 Alex @ Healthy Life Happy Wife December 21, 2012 at 10:34 am

haha! I was confused at first but then I figured it out! I think the name is cute :)
Alex @ Healthy Life Happy Wife recently posted..Five Friday Favorites – December 21

21 Molly @ Just Your Average Athlete December 21, 2012 at 10:35 am

I think Baby Tooth is hilarious! Maybe it’s a nickname that’ll stick even after he or she is born ;)
Molly @ Just Your Average Athlete recently posted..Holiday Favorites

22 Sabrina @Work It Ms Jackson December 21, 2012 at 10:37 am

I think Baby Tooth is a cute name! I got it but I can see how people may not have! Definitely keep the name!
Sabrina @Work It Ms Jackson recently posted..Friday Faves

23 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl December 21, 2012 at 10:37 am

No peanut butter since Monday? That is just wrong! ;) I am pretty sure that peanut butter should be consumed on a daily basis! …or maybe hourly?? ;)
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Vegetarian Tater Tot Casserole

24 Mallory December 21, 2012 at 10:43 am

Of course the baby tooth made sense!!!! hahaha! so cute

25 Jess December 21, 2012 at 10:56 am

Ohhhh baby tooth got it now! Hahah. Also I cant help but smile from ear to ear as I’m reading your posts and updates. SO happy for you and Jay! And this blog might have to be changed to “Salty Tooth Sweet Life” in a little, haha!

26 Donna December 21, 2012 at 10:59 am

Yes, thanks so much for the clarification. I was wondering but didn’t want to ask.

27 Sarah December 21, 2012 at 11:06 am

Haha the baby tooth story is funny. I was actually wondering that too. It makes perfect sense :)
Your baby is going to have the BEST treats to bring to school with you as his/her mom :)
Sarah recently posted..It’s a beautiful day for some beautiful blends

28 Elizabeth December 21, 2012 at 11:06 am

Hahahaha that’s hilarious, yes I totally did not get the sweet tooth – baby tooth correlation. Makes sense now :D

29 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers December 21, 2012 at 11:17 am

Happy Friday to you!! Your bars look delicious! Now don’t get blown a way out there!!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Adults Only Cocktail Hour – Holiday Pomegranate Mojito

30 Meghan @ After the Ivy League December 21, 2012 at 11:27 am

Haha I have to admit, when I first read it I was a little confused, but after a little while I got the correlation! Maybe you should call him/her Baby Sweet Tooth?
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..Circuit Workouts, Cravings, and Cookies

31 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey December 21, 2012 at 11:28 am

:) I totally got the tooth thing. Have a good day off of work!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..we complete each other

32 Courtney December 21, 2012 at 11:37 am

Thanks lady…feel better over there!!

33 Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire December 21, 2012 at 11:50 am

I love that you’re calling him/her baby tooth! Further proof that Jay’s twitter handle should have been Mr. SweetTooth, right? ;)

34 Kristen @ notsodomesticated December 21, 2012 at 11:57 am

I’m proud to say that I got it right away… normally that kind of thing goes straight over my head haha! ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..24 Weeks: Bathing suit shopping while pregnant should be illegal.

35 Natalie @ Free Range Human December 21, 2012 at 12:18 pm

I got it! I think it’s so cute! Although Baby Sweet would be pretty cute too!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Thursday Thoughts

36 Ali @ WHOLEistically Fit December 21, 2012 at 1:00 pm

Ahhh sweet tooth, baby tooth! Makes perfect sense. Lol. :D The bars look amazing! I’m not a great baker, but I always enjoy the process of baking, especially when I’m gifting the goodies (after, of course, snagging a few for myself).
Ali @ WHOLEistically Fit recently posted..Fall Into Reading Challenge Update

37 Khushboo December 21, 2012 at 2:17 pm

You know what they say about assuming…you make an “ass” out of “you” and “me”! Haha I kid, I kid- I definitely saw the correlation :)!
Khushboo recently posted..An Eggs-eptional Meal

38 Annette@FitnessPerks December 21, 2012 at 2:25 pm

I did get the ‘tooth’ thing after your first post, but it took me a few moments. Hah ;)

Love the look of those bars….mmmm
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Holiday Survey Fun!

39 *Andrea* December 21, 2012 at 2:51 pm

i definitely got the reference LOL. soooo cute ;) congrats again!!! so exciting!

40 Ashlee December 21, 2012 at 4:27 pm

I have to say, for you being in your first trimester you are doing really well as far as food goes! A lot of my friends only ate sugar and saltines for 3 months, so good job girl!
Ashlee recently posted..Life Changing Enchiladas & Liebster

41 Elizabeth@myneonrunningshoes December 21, 2012 at 4:38 pm

I feel really dense haha but Baby Tooth is precious! I thought it must be an inside joke lol. Don’t get blown away out there! I’m anxious to keep reading about your journey :-)
Elizabeth@myneonrunningshoes recently posted..Running awesomeness and we are still married.

42 Chelsea @ Cardio and Cocktails December 21, 2012 at 5:49 pm

I just made those bars today! I was interested to see how the jam would taste inside and I am a HUGE fan now! I can’t wait to bring them to a party we’re attending tonight and see what everyone thinks, thanks for the recipe!
Chelsea @ Cardio and Cocktails recently posted..Soaking Up the Vacation

43 Naomi December 21, 2012 at 7:49 pm

Congratulations! So exciting :) I can’t wait to read all about your journey. Also,
I love the “Baby Tooth” name!

44 Danielle December 21, 2012 at 8:49 pm

At first when you said “baby Tooth” I thought your last name was Tooth but then related it to the blog!
Danielle recently posted..Fitmixer Slim Review

45 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake December 22, 2012 at 12:02 pm

lol it’s cracking me up that a lot of people didn’t get the Baby Tooth/Sweet Tooth correlation!

Those chocolate raspberry bars look amazing!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Top Chef – Episode 7 + a Giveaway!

46 Bek @ Crave December 25, 2012 at 2:03 am

I thought baby tooth was some american thing hahah! But I get it now ;)
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Merry Christmas!